|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mirza Saeed meet his death?
(a) He commits suicide after returning to an empty house.
(b) He suffers a fatal heart attack on the long trip back to Titilipur.
(c) He is killed by the villagers who remained in Titlipur.
(d) He dies of starvation at home, dreaming of going under the sea.
2. What do the Sufyan girls think might be going on with Chamcha?
(a) Because he is an actor, they think his appearance may just be makeup.
(b) They think he just has a hysterical deformity which will go away.
(c) They think he will return to normal in the south of France.
(d) They think he is projecting an image onto their minds.
3. What does Anahita call her parents' native land?
(a) Hindu Hills
(c) Scandal Point
4. What assurance does Jumpy need to go into Pamela's bedroom?
(a) That Chamcha will not see him
(b) Permission from Chamcha
(c) A copy of Pamela's divorce papers
(d) That Chamcha is out of town
5. What decreases along with the disappearance of Chamcha's horns and hooves?
(a) His singing.
(b) His desires.
(c) His animosity toward Gibreel.
(d) His dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dr. Simba arrested?
2. Who recognizes Aeysha in the village of Chatnapatna?
3. What does Gibreel shout out in John Maslama's music store?
4. What does Alicja Cone say to Allie about Gibreel?
5. On the radio in a taxi, who does Saladin hear speaking?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)