|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Imam say about the foundling baby?
(a) It has strange markings on it.
(b) It is just a baby.
(c) It is the Devil's child.
(d) It is innocent of any sin.
2. What are Mahound's last words to Baal?
(a) You cannot blaspheme after your head is cut off.
(b) Submit and save your miserable life.
(c) I see no difference between whores and writers.
(d) Today you will meet Shaitan.
3. As Hind grows bolder, what is happening to Mahound?
(a) He is visiting Gibreel every day.
(b) He is preparing to invade Egypt.
(c) He is planning a trip to Jerusalem.
(d) He is dying of a fatal sickness.
4. What assurance does Jumpy need to go into Pamela's bedroom?
(a) That Chamcha will not see him
(b) That Chamcha is out of town
(c) A copy of Pamela's divorce papers
(d) Permission from Chamcha
5. What does Jumpy Joshi think Chamcha, now transformed with horns and goat feet, needs to begin changing back into a man?
(a) A new love interest
(b) A new tailor
(c) To find Gibreel and ask him to help
(d) A hot bowl of soup
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Billy Battuta and Mimi in New York?
2. Why do the villagers not turn back as they wade deeper and deeper into the sea?
3. What happens to the wife of Sarpanch Muhammad Din, an old woman on the march?
4. What does Mahound learn just before he dies?
5. What happens when Aeysha agrees with the Imam?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)