|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the radio in a taxi, who does Saladin hear speaking?
(a) Winston churchill
(b) Eugene Dumsday
(c) Gibreel Farishta
(d) Allie Cone
2. What decreases along with the disappearance of Chamcha's horns and hooves?
(a) His desires.
(b) His animosity toward Gibreel.
(c) His singing.
(d) His dreams.
3. Where do Mishal, Hanif, and Pinkwalla take Chamcha after they leave the Hot Wax nightclub?
(a) To the movie studio.
(b) To the bank.
(c) To his former home.
(d) To Buckingham Palace.
4. How does business suddenly boom at The Curtain?
(a) Hind takes over the operation and brings in new girls.
(b) former priestesses of Al-Lat come to join the whores of The Curtain.
(c) Mahound takes to coming there every day with his closest friends.
(d) The twelve whores assume the names of Mahound's twelve wives.
5. What happens to Billy Battuta and Mimi in New York?
(a) They are denied a visa.
(b) They are arrested for passing a bad check.
(c) The are accused of spying by the FBI.
(d) They are suspected of being terrorists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who throws a party on a giant sound stage at Shepperton Studios?
2. Why do the villagers not turn back as they wade deeper and deeper into the sea?
3. What emotion becomes the undoing of Gibreel's and Allie's relationship?
4. What must happen before a Prophet can die?
5. Why does Saladin think there is no need for angels and demons?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)