|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his dream, what do the look-alike Hyacinths call Chamcha?
(a) Satan, the Goat
(b) A grade B actor
(c) An imposter
(d) An archangel
2. About what does Sufyan's wife, Hind, assume that her husband agrees with her?
(a) That Chamcha is a freak
(b) That their daughters should not see Chamcha
(c) That Chamcha is Shaitan himself
(d) That sex is a dirty business
3. What emotion becomes the undoing of Gibreel's and Allie's relationship?
(a) Gibreel's passion for cooking
(b) Allie's desire for excellence
(c) Gibreel's unjustified jealousy
(d) Allie's love of mountain climbing
4. How does Mirza Saeed meet his death?
(a) He dies of starvation at home, dreaming of going under the sea.
(b) He is killed by the villagers who remained in Titlipur.
(c) He suffers a fatal heart attack on the long trip back to Titilipur.
(d) He commits suicide after returning to an empty house.
5. What is the meaning of Uhuru Simba's name?
(a) Black is Beautiful
(b) Freedom for the Lion
(c) Africans for Freedom
(d) Honor of the Lion
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jumpy Joshi think Chamcha, now transformed with horns and goat feet, needs to begin changing back into a man?
2. After the girls of The Curtain are jailed, what makes the men afraid?
3. What happens to Billy Battuta and Mimi in New York?
4. What does Srinivas, the toy merchant, see coming toward him?
5. What has Hal Valance done to Chamcha?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)