|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What activity is occupying Pamela's time?
(a) Learning to climb mountains.
(b) Writing a novel about her experience with Chamcha.
(c) Holding seances to speak with the dea.
(d) Investigating allegations of witchcraft among the police.
2. What does Pamela continue to say about Chamcha?
(a) I have his death certificate in my hand.
(b) He is too ugly to be my husband.
(c) Everyone is having halucinations.
(d) He doesn't exist, such things are not so.
3. What offer does Mirza Saeed make Aeysha as the people turn against her?
(a) To build her a new mosque in Titlipur.
(b) To order boats to take them across the sea.
(c) To bring in doctors to help the sick.
(d) To fly twenve of the pilgrims to Mecca.
4. Angry at Saeed, Ayesha says that those who listen to the devil's verses will go to the devil. What does Mirza Saeed answer?
(a) At least with the devil, you're dry.
(b) Those who live by the sword will die by the sword.
(c) How do we know you're not the devil?
(d) It is a choice between the devil and the deep blue sea.
5. Why is Dr. Simba arrested?
(a) He owes back taxes.
(b) He is suspected of terrorism.
(c) He was standing at the wrong place in the wrong time.
(d) He is accused of being the Granny Ripper Murderer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anahita call her parents' native land?
2. What makes Saladin's return to his past life difficult?
3. What happens when Allie Cone looks at Saladin Chamcha?
4. What causes the rumor that Hind is using witchcraft?
5. Who finally recognizes Baal at The Curtain?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)