|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Allie Cone looks at Saladin Chamcha?
(a) He feels his hate for Gibreel transfer onto her.
(b) He falls madly in love with her.
(c) There is instant sexual tension.
(d) He sees that she is exactly like Pamela.
2. What activity is occupying Pamela's time?
(a) Writing a novel about her experience with Chamcha.
(b) Learning to climb mountains.
(c) Investigating allegations of witchcraft among the police.
(d) Holding seances to speak with the dea.
3. What does Pamela continue to say about Chamcha?
(a) I have his death certificate in my hand.
(b) He is too ugly to be my husband.
(c) Everyone is having halucinations.
(d) He doesn't exist, such things are not so.
4. What is the meaning of Uhuru Simba's name?
(a) Black is Beautiful
(b) Honor of the Lion
(c) Africans for Freedom
(d) Freedom for the Lion
5. What has Hal Valance done to Chamcha?
(a) Stolen his money.
(b) Turned him in to the police.
(c) Made love to Pamela, Chamcha's wife.
(d) Fired him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must happen before a Prophet can die?
2. What happens to the butterflies?
3. After the girls of The Curtain are jailed, what makes the men afraid?
4. How does Anahita Sufyan apologize for calling Chamcha a freak?
5. What becomes an obsession with Mahound at Tathrib oasis?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)