|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decreases along with the disappearance of Chamcha's horns and hooves?
(a) His dreams.
(b) His desires.
(c) His animosity toward Gibreel.
(d) His singing.
2. What happens to Billy Battuta and Mimi in New York?
(a) The are accused of spying by the FBI.
(b) They are suspected of being terrorists.
(c) They are denied a visa.
(d) They are arrested for passing a bad check.
3. Why do the villagers not turn back as they wade deeper and deeper into the sea?
(a) They have been drugged by Aeysha.
(b) They have all been hypnotized by the angel.
(c) They think that only the open believers will not be harmed by the water.
(d) They are too proud to return to scorn.
4. How does Aeysha turn Mirza Saeed's offer to her favor?
(a) She convinces the pilgrims that Saeed is the Devil.
(b) She tells the pilgrims to go home and she will continue alone.
(c) She refuses to march any further.
(d) She tells the pilgrims that she will only go on if they all do.
5. When Aeysha proclaims the loss of life as punishment from God, Mirza Saeed retorts that they were all underground. What does Aeysha say?
(a) They should have climbed the mountain.
(b) They should have gone to the sea.
(c) They were trying to hide from God.
(d) They dug their own graves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the meaning of Uhuru Simba's name?
2. After the girls of The Curtain are jailed, what makes the men afraid?
3. What two women begin to haunt Saladin's dreams?
4. How does Mirza Saeed meet his death?
5. Why is Dr. Simba arrested?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)