|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion becomes the undoing of Gibreel's and Allie's relationship?
(a) Allie's love of mountain climbing
(b) Gibreel's passion for cooking
(c) Gibreel's unjustified jealousy
(d) Allie's desire for excellence
2. What happens when Allie Cone looks at Saladin Chamcha?
(a) He feels his hate for Gibreel transfer onto her.
(b) He sees that she is exactly like Pamela.
(c) He falls madly in love with her.
(d) There is instant sexual tension.
3. After the girls of The Curtain are jailed, what makes the men afraid?
(a) They had sworn an oath that they never went to The Curtain.
(b) They do not know what may come into Mahound's mind.
(c) They all knew the names of the girls.
(d) They had violated the laws of segregation of the sexes.
4. What does the Imam say about the foundling baby?
(a) It is innocent of any sin.
(b) It is the Devil's child.
(c) It has strange markings on it.
(d) It is just a baby.
5. What does Srinivas, the toy merchant, see coming toward him?
(a) Rosa Diamond leading a parade of elephants
(b) The Archangel Gibreel
(c) The villagers of Titlipur on their pilgrimage
(d) A delegation from Mecca
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes an obsession with Mahound at Tathrib oasis?
2. What happens before Mahound will enter Jahilia?
3. What does Alicja Cone say to Allie about Gibreel?
4. What does Jumpy Joshi think Chamcha, now transformed with horns and goat feet, needs to begin changing back into a man?
5. What does the Grandee do when Mahound and his followers arrive?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)