|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the girls of The Curtain are jailed, what makes the men afraid?
(a) They had violated the laws of segregation of the sexes.
(b) They had sworn an oath that they never went to The Curtain.
(c) They do not know what may come into Mahound's mind.
(d) They all knew the names of the girls.
2. What was the tragedy of the flood?
(a) Most of the children had drowned.
(b) The crops were all destroyed.
(c) All the houses were flattened.
(d) Fifteen thousand miners were buried alive in the mines.
3. What two women begin to haunt Saladin's dreams?
(a) Mishal Sufyan and Zeeny Vakil
(b) Ussa and Manat
(c) Anahita and Nasreen
(d) Pamela and Hind
4. What causes the rumor that Hind is using witchcraft?
(a) She is always accompanied by a black cat.
(b) She does not appear to age.
(c) She dresses all in black.
(d) She starts collecting brooms and caldrons.
5. What becomes an obsession with Mahound at Tathrib oasis?
(a) Food and feasts
(b) Law and rules
(c) War and wealth
(d) Women and girls
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chamcha do in his apartment?
2. What does Anahita call her parents' native land?
3. What happens to Billy Battuta and Mimi in New York?
4. Why does Saladin think there is no need for angels and demons?
5. How does Chamcha appear as he stands among the wreckage of the Hot Wax nightclub?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)