|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Sufyan girls think might be going on with Chamcha?
(a) Because he is an actor, they think his appearance may just be makeup.
(b) They think he will return to normal in the south of France.
(c) They think he just has a hysterical deformity which will go away.
(d) They think he is projecting an image onto their minds.
2. Although Sufyan and Hind now live in a four-storey terraced house, what does she long for?
(a) A cottage in Ireland.
(b) A smaller house, easier to keep clean.
(c) The village life in Bangladesh.
(d) The humble teacher's flat in Dhaka.
3. What do all the people accept as a miracle after the rains stop?
(a) Aeysha's sari turns to gold.
(b) The butterflies return.
(c) The sun immediately dries the land.
(d) No one has been harmed in the flood.
4. What does Jumpy Joshi think Chamcha, now transformed with horns and goat feet, needs to begin changing back into a man?
(a) A new tailor
(b) A new love interest
(c) To find Gibreel and ask him to help
(d) A hot bowl of soup
5. Who recognizes Aeysha in the village of Chatnapatna?
(a) The Vishna Hindu Parishad
(b) The Station Head Officer
(c) Mrs. Qureishi
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chamcha appear as he stands among the wreckage of the Hot Wax nightclub?
2. What makes Saladin's return to his past life difficult?
3. In his dream, what do the look-alike Hyacinths call Chamcha?
4. When Mahound's Aeysha becomes jealous of his dalliances, what does he do?
5. How is Baal disguised by the madam of The Curtain brothel?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)