Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the girls of The Curtain are jailed, what makes the men afraid?
(a) They had violated the laws of segregation of the sexes.
(b) They do not know what may come into Mahound's mind.
(c) They all knew the names of the girls.
(d) They had sworn an oath that they never went to The Curtain.
2. Angry at Saeed, Ayesha says that those who listen to the devil's verses will go to the devil. What does Mirza Saeed answer?
(a) Those who live by the sword will die by the sword.
(b) How do we know you're not the devil?
(c) At least with the devil, you're dry.
(d) It is a choice between the devil and the deep blue sea.
3. As Hind grows bolder, what is happening to Mahound?
(a) He is preparing to invade Egypt.
(b) He is planning a trip to Jerusalem.
(c) He is dying of a fatal sickness.
(d) He is visiting Gibreel every day.
4. On the radio in a taxi, who does Saladin hear speaking?
(a) Allie Cone
(b) Eugene Dumsday
(c) Winston churchill
(d) Gibreel Farishta
5. What does Jumpy Joshi think Chamcha, now transformed with horns and goat feet, needs to begin changing back into a man?
(a) To find Gibreel and ask him to help
(b) A hot bowl of soup
(c) A new tailor
(d) A new love interest
Short Answer Questions
1. What offer does Mirza Saeed make Aeysha as the people turn against her?
2. About what does Sufyan's wife, Hind, assume that her husband agrees with her?
3. What halts progress on Gibreel's film?
4. What does Mahound learn just before he dies?
5. What becomes an obsession with Mahound at Tathrib oasis?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)