|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Aeysha agrees with the Imam?
(a) The baby is stoned to death.
(b) The people turn against the Imam and Aeysha.
(c) Mishal asks for the baby.
(d) Mirza Saeed snatches the baby out of the Iman's arms.
2. What is Chamcha's dream from the old days?
(a) Learning how to play the sitar.
(b) Teaching his son to ride a bicycle.
(c) Marrying a princess.
(d) Living in an ivory palace.
3. What has Hal Valance done to Chamcha?
(a) Turned him in to the police.
(b) Made love to Pamela, Chamcha's wife.
(c) Stolen his money.
(d) Fired him.
4. How is Baal disguised by the madam of The Curtain brothel?
(a) He is painted white and stands like a statue.
(b) His skin and hair are dyed blue black like a djinn.
(c) He is dressed as a woman.
(d) He is plastered to look like a leper.
5. What causes the rumor that Hind is using witchcraft?
(a) She is always accompanied by a black cat.
(b) She dresses all in black.
(c) She starts collecting brooms and caldrons.
(d) She does not appear to age.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the villagers not turn back as they wade deeper and deeper into the sea?
2. What happens to the butterflies?
3. What are Mahound's last words to Baal?
4. In his dream, what do the look-alike Hyacinths call Chamcha?
5. What does Pamela continue to say about Chamcha?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)