|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the butterflies?
(a) They stop changing colors.
(b) They form a circle around the pilgrims.
(c) They suddenly vanish.
(d) They turn black.
2. How does Anahita Sufyan apologize for calling Chamcha a freak?
(a) She says it was wrong of her to speak.
(b) She says that he is not a freak, he just looks like one.
(c) She cries and gives him a kiss.
(d) She says that she did not mean freak, she meant Greek.
3. Who throws a party on a giant sound stage at Shepperton Studios?
(a) Gibreel Farishta
(b) Eugene Dumsday
(c) S. S. Sisodia
(d) Pamela Lovelace
4. What are Mahound's last words to Baal?
(a) You cannot blaspheme after your head is cut off.
(b) Today you will meet Shaitan.
(c) Submit and save your miserable life.
(d) I see no difference between whores and writers.
5. What activity is occupying Pamela's time?
(a) Holding seances to speak with the dea.
(b) Learning to climb mountains.
(c) Investigating allegations of witchcraft among the police.
(d) Writing a novel about her experience with Chamcha.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the girls of The Curtain are jailed, what makes the men afraid?
2. Why does Saladin think there is no need for angels and demons?
3. In his dream, what do the look-alike Hyacinths call Chamcha?
4. What sign is given Baal that Mahound is returning to Jahilia?
5. What does the Imam say about the foundling baby?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)