|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Satanic verses, multiple marriages, and either old or very young wives are all points of disagreement between what two people?
(a) Salman and Mahound
(b) Pamela and Allie
(c) Baal and Hind
(d) Gibreel and Saladin
2. After the girls of The Curtain are jailed, what makes the men afraid?
(a) They do not know what may come into Mahound's mind.
(b) They had violated the laws of segregation of the sexes.
(c) They all knew the names of the girls.
(d) They had sworn an oath that they never went to The Curtain.
3. As Hind grows bolder, what is happening to Mahound?
(a) He is planning a trip to Jerusalem.
(b) He is dying of a fatal sickness.
(c) He is visiting Gibreel every day.
(d) He is preparing to invade Egypt.
4. What decreases along with the disappearance of Chamcha's horns and hooves?
(a) His animosity toward Gibreel.
(b) His dreams.
(c) His singing.
(d) His desires.
5. What assurance does Jumpy need to go into Pamela's bedroom?
(a) A copy of Pamela's divorce papers
(b) Permission from Chamcha
(c) That Chamcha will not see him
(d) That Chamcha is out of town
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Sufyan's wife, Hind, assume that her husband agrees with her?
2. Why does Saladin think there is no need for angels and demons?
3. What does Alicja Cone say to Allie about Gibreel?
4. What does the Grandee do when Mahound and his followers arrive?
5. Who is Jumpy Joshi's star pupil at the martial arts academy?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)