|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his dream, what is the new name his mother gives him?
(b) Changez Two
2. Who is the previous untouchable who guards Aeysha's hut?
3. What is Khalid's explanation for the Satanic verses?
(a) That Mahound was testing their loyalty.
(b) That Mahound was under the influence of Hind's drugs.
(c) That Mahound had brought the devil so they could recongize him.
(d) That Mahound was forced to say good things about Lat.
4. Where are they as they are falling?
(a) Over Mecca
(b) Over the English Channel
(c) Over Paris, France
(d) Over the Indian Ocean
5. What does Gibreel say when he wakes up?
(a) Did you see that?
(b) Where are we?
(c) Who am I?
(d) Born again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to rationalize away the reason they come down slowly?
2. What mischievous thing is Gibreel doing in his dream?
3. What does the specter of Dr. Babington say as he fades into the moonlight?
4. Why do the police come for Saladin?
5. What happens to Gibreel's breath after he falls to earth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect does the death of Sarpanch Muhammad Din's wife have on the pilgrims?
2. Why is Mrs. Hind such a bitter woman?
3. Trapped by Rosa Diamond, what does Gibreel think is happening to him?
4. While the pilgrims are marching to the sea, what is Mirza Saeed attempting to do?
5. Why does Saladin return to India?
6. Describe the physical transformation of Chamcha after he comes back to earth.
7. What do Mishal and Anahita question about Chamcha's appearance?
8. Explain how Baal, the satirical poet, realizes that Mahound is returning to Jahilia.
9. What does the Grandee's wife, Hind, represent?
10. What message does Aeysha give Mishal in response to Mirza Saeed's final appeal to the pilgrims?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)