|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Saladin's explanation for their survival?
(a) That it was nothing out of the ordinary
(b) That it is all a dream
(c) That God was with them
(d) That they were lucky
2. What makes Gibreel begin speaking after pinning Mahound down?
(a) Mahound forces his mouth open and the words out of his mouth.
(b) It is customary for the victor to give a speech.
(c) Allah opens him mouth and gives him the words.
(d) He wants to talk so he can wake up.
3. Who is the previous untouchable who guards Aeysha's hut?
4. What does Gibreel say when he wakes up?
(a) Born again.
(b) Where are we?
(c) Who am I?
(d) Did you see that?
5. After the phone call, who arrives at Rosa's house?
(a) The mayor of London comes to see Gibreel.
(b) The police come to arrest Saladin.
(c) The airline representative comes to interview Rosa.
(d) The TV stations send out their camera crews.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Rushdie compare the explosion of the jet?
2. What is the name of the jumbo jet that explodes?
3. Who willed the rescue and who made it happen?
4. Where does Rosa tell Gibreel she went as a young bride?
5. What mischievous thing is Gibreel doing in his dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship between Aeysha and Mirza Saeed?
2. Why does Gibreel want to get to London?
3. Why has Salman defected from Mahound?
4. While the pilgrims are marching to the sea, what is Mirza Saeed attempting to do?
5. Explain what Hind tries to do but is prevented by Mahound.
6. Explain how the floods change the mining townspeople's minds about Aeysha.
7. When Mahound has conquered the city, why is Salman spared?
8. How would you describe the character of Khalid, the water carrier?
9. Detail the things about Allie Cone that make her a minor celebrity.
10. What is the irony of the marriage of Chamcha and Pamela Lovelace?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)