|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the fall, what happens to Saladin's breath?
(a) Saladin no longer needs to breathe.
(b) It becomes very bad like Gibreel's was before.
(c) It smells of burning wood.
(d) It smells like flowers.
2. What happens to Gibreel's breath after he falls to earth?
(a) It begins to smell like lilacs.
(b) It is knocked out of him.
(c) It ceases to smell bad.
(d) It gets worse than before.
3. why do Gibreel and Rosa go into the village to buy a cake and champagne?
(a) For her eighty-ninth birthday
(b) For New Year's Eve
(c) For guests coming to dinner
(d) For a celebration of Gibreel's survival
4. What does Mishal tell her husband about the girl?
(a) That her name is Aeysha
(b) That she has relatives in the village
(c) That she comes from Mecca
(d) That she has six fingers on one hand
5. What occupation do Gibreel and Chamcha have in common?
(a) They are religious clerics.
(b) The are writers.
(c) They are actors.
(d) They are accountants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens between Rosa and Gibreel in a dream?
2. What blasphemous thing does Mirza say to Aeysha?
3. What is Saladin's explanation for their survival?
4. What difficulty does Gibreel have in getting out of Rosa's house?
5. Why do the police come for Saladin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain religious extremism as demonstrated by finding the abandoned baby.
2. What had happened to Rekha?
3. What is the relationship between Aeysha and Mirza Saeed?
4. What is the difference of opinion between Gibreel and the Imam?
5. How does Mirza Saeed die?
6. What do Mishal and Anahita question about Chamcha's appearance?
7. How is Chamcha bitter at his circumstances?
8. Give some information about the exiled Imam.
9. What is the thing Chamcha must do that calls him away from the human chain protest?
10. Why is Gibreel unable to get away from Rosa Diamond?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)