|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Saladin covered with a thin sheet of ice?
(a) He is perspiring.
(b) He broke the ice.
(c) He landed in the water.
(d) He is crying.
2. How many survivors are there from the explosion?
3. Where is the Archangel Gibreel after all the followers of Mahound leave the city?
(a) Flying around trying to find Mahound.
(b) In heaven discussing everything with Allah.
(c) Back home in his bed in London.
(d) On the mountain being attacked by Lat, Ussa, and Manat.
4. What is Hamza's objection to accepting Lat, Uzza, and Manat as equal with Allah?
(a) They are only statues.
(b) They have funny names.
(c) They are all females.
(d) They require human sacrifice.
5. Who does Gibreel see on his way down to earth?
(a) His step mother on a broomstick
(b) God looking down from Heaven
(c) Allileua Cone in a balloon
(d) Rekha Merchant on a flying carpet
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Gibreel begin speaking after pinning Mahound down?
2. What news does the Archangel give Aeysha about her friend Mishal?
3. How does Mahound see the Archangel Gibreel in the cave?
4. What difficulty does Gibreel have in getting out of Rosa's house?
5. What has Rekha forgotten now that she is dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Saladin able to do for his father?
2. How does Gibreel put his foot in his mouth when he speaks with Chamcha?
3. While the pilgrims are marching to the sea, what is Mirza Saeed attempting to do?
4. Describe how Chamcha is helped to get out of the hospital.
5. Who is the Aeysha of the butterflies?
6. How would you describe the character of Khalid, the water carrier?
7. Why is Mrs. Hind such a bitter woman?
8. How does Chamcha go about reclaiming his life after he returns to normal?
9. What is the difference of opinion between Gibreel and the Imam?
10. Give some information about the exiled Imam.
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)