|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hamza insist that Mahound return to the mountain?
(a) To get the truth from the Archangel
(b) To argue with Allah
(c) To see if he was talking to Shaitan instead of Gibreel
(d) To straighten himself out
2. What is beside Gibreel's ear when he wakes up on the beach?
(a) A piece of the plane
(b) An octopus
(c) Chamcha's shoe
(d) A starfish
3. What does the Grandee, Abu Simbel, want from the satirist Baal?
(a) To withdraw from the poetry contest
(b) Some satirical poetry making fun of Mahound
(c) A peom dedicated to the Grandee
(d) For him to stop visiting his wife, Hind
4. What does Gibreel say when he wakes up?
(a) Where are we?
(b) Who am I?
(c) Born again.
(d) Did you see that?
5. Who does Saladin think the old woman with the cane is?
(b) The Angel of Death
(c) The Archangel Gibreel
Short Answer Questions
1. What blasphemous thing does Mirza say to Aeysha?
2. What does Mishal tell her husband about the girl?
3. What fills the zamindar, Mirza Saeed Akhtar, with lust as he stands on the veranda of his house?
4. What proof do the police offer that Saladin is the man they are looking for?
5. What does Gibreel call Chamcha?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how business suddenly picks up at the brothel called The Curtain.
2. Describe how Gibreel and Chamcha find themselves as they wake up on land.
3. What is the reaction to Saladin when Sufyan brings him into the Shaandaar hotel?
4. Explain how Baal, the satirical poet, realizes that Mahound is returning to Jahilia.
5. What do the citizens of Jahilia and their religion represent in the novel?
6. What is Saladin able to do for his father?
7. What happens at Shepperton Studios?
8. Describe the physical transformation of Chamcha after he comes back to earth.
9. Trapped by Rosa Diamond, what does Gibreel think is happening to him?
10. Describe what Chamcha finds in the church.
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)