|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Gibreel see on his way down to earth?
(a) God looking down from Heaven
(b) Allileua Cone in a balloon
(c) His step mother on a broomstick
(d) Rekha Merchant on a flying carpet
2. What is impossible for Gibreel and Chamcha to do, yet they do?
(a) Jump over each others
(b) Slow down their descent
(c) Fly like a kite
(d) Hear each other
3. Why do the police come for Saladin?
(a) Gibreel had called them to come get him.
(b) Someone had reported a strange looking man on the beach.
(c) They are looking for the devil and think Saladin might be him.
(d) The airline wanted to interrogate him about the explosion.
4. Where are Gibreel and Chamcha found?
(a) Washed up on the shore
(b) Running down a lane
(c) Sitting on a hill
(d) Walking to London
5. Who is the previous untouchable who guards Aeysha's hut?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Rekha forgotten now that she is dead?
2. What happens between Rosa and Gibreel in a dream?
3. What difficulty does Gibreel have in getting out of Rosa's house?
4. What does the Grandee, Abu Simbel, want from the satirist Baal?
5. What mischievous thing is Gibreel doing in his dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the meeting of Mr. Maslama and Gibreel on the train.
2. Why is Mirza Saeed so miserable?
3. What is the irony of the marriage of Chamcha and Pamela Lovelace?
4. Tell what happens when Chamcha calls Pamela.
5. Why does Gibreel want to get to London?
6. How have things changed at Scandal Point?
7. How is Baal finally recognized in spite of his dyed skin and attire like a djinn?
8. Explain why the satirical character of Mahound becomes so offensive to Muslims.
9. Give some information about the exiled Imam.
10. Detail the things about Allie Cone that make her a minor celebrity.
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)