|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hind taunt Mahound?
(a) She calls Lat, Uzza, and Manat his new angels.
(b) She tells him he is a poor lover.
(c) She says he is acting out of craftiness.
(d) She says he can kill the Grandee and be her husband.
2. What does Saladin dream about in Rosa's house?
(a) Gibreel sprouting wings
(b) Curled horns growing out his head
(c) Zeeny Vakil as a mermaid
(d) Falling out of the sky
3. What does Gibreel say when he wakes up?
(a) Did you see that?
(b) Born again.
(c) Who am I?
(d) Where are we?
4. What verses does Mahound receive in meeting with Gibreel?
(a) The Satanic verses, accepting Lat, Uzza, and Manat
(b) Verses to answer Baal's satires
(c) The Archangel Verses direct from Allah
(d) The verses condemning Abu Simbel and hind
5. Why does Mishal spend so much time with Aeysha?
(a) She wants to learn how to call the butterflies.
(b) She suspects her husband is lusting after Aeysha.
(c) She hopes Aeysha's Archangel husband will grant her a baby.
(d) She has fallen in love with Aeysha.
Short Answer Questions
1. What difficulty does Gibreel have in getting out of Rosa's house?
2. What is Gibreel doing that slows down their descent?
3. What blasphemous thing does Mirza say to Aeysha?
4. Seeing the image, what does Gibreel want to know from Saladin?
5. What does Aeysha believe will happen on the way to Mecca?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the physical transformation of Chamcha after he comes back to earth.
2. Describe what Chamcha finds in the church.
3. Why is Mirza Saeed so miserable?
4. Who is the Aeysha of the butterflies?
5. What message does Aeysha give Mishal in response to Mirza Saeed's final appeal to the pilgrims?
6. What is the irony of Mahound's death?
7. How does Chamcha react to the information that Changez has not been told that he is dying?
8. Explain religious extremism as demonstrated by finding the abandoned baby.
9. What do Mishal and Anahita question about Chamcha's appearance?
10. What does the Grandee's wife, Hind, represent?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)