|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens between Rosa and Gibreel in a dream?
(a) They make love.
(b) They ride horses on the beach.
(c) They are transported to Argentina.
(d) They drift above the clouds.
2. After the phone call, who arrives at Rosa's house?
(a) The TV stations send out their camera crews.
(b) The mayor of London comes to see Gibreel.
(c) The police come to arrest Saladin.
(d) The airline representative comes to interview Rosa.
3. Who tries to rationalize away the reason they come down slowly?
4. What does Bilal, an American convert, do for the Imam?
(a) He sings the Imam's songs on his radio broadcast.
(b) He provides water for the Imam.
(c) He writes satires for the Imam.
(d) He guards the Imam's door.
5. Who thinks it is a miracle that they are alive?
(a) An old woman
(d) The TV reporter
Short Answer Questions
1. What fills the zamindar, Mirza Saeed Akhtar, with lust as he stands on the veranda of his house?
2. What is Gibreel doing that slows down their descent?
3. Who is the previous untouchable who guards Aeysha's hut?
4. What does the Grandee, Abu Simbel, want from the satirist Baal?
5. What is beside Gibreel's ear when he wakes up on the beach?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why the satirical character of Mahound becomes so offensive to Muslims.
2. After Pamela kicks him out, what kind of treatment does Jumpy receive at the Shaandaar Cafe?
3. What is the irony of the marriage of Chamcha and Pamela Lovelace?
4. How are the pilgrims finally destroyed?
5. Why had Zeeny avoided seeing Chamcha?
6. How have things changed at Scandal Point?
7. Why is Gibreel unable to get away from Rosa Diamond?
8. How is Baal finally recognized in spite of his dyed skin and attire like a djinn?
9. What happens at Shepperton Studios?
10. What had happened to Rekha?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)