|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens between Rosa and Gibreel in a dream?
(a) They drift above the clouds.
(b) They make love.
(c) They are transported to Argentina.
(d) They ride horses on the beach.
2. What is beside Gibreel's ear when he wakes up on the beach?
(a) An octopus
(b) A starfish
(c) Chamcha's shoe
(d) A piece of the plane
3. What occurs in Gibreel's dream as Mahound returns to the mountain?
(a) He talks to God who tells him what to say.
(b) He and Mahound are wrestling naked.
(c) Mahound tries to kill him.
(d) He changes Mahound into a donkey.
4. Who willed the rescue and who made it happen?
(a) Farishta willed ti and Chamcha made it happen.
(b) Farishta willed it and also made it happen.
(c) Chamcha willed it and Farishta made it happen.
(d) God willed it and an angel made it happen.
5. Why does Hamza insist that Mahound return to the mountain?
(a) To get the truth from the Archangel
(b) To argue with Allah
(c) To see if he was talking to Shaitan instead of Gibreel
(d) To straighten himself out
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Saladin holding up when he appears in Rosa's hallway?
2. What is the name of the jumbo jet that explodes?
3. What do Rosa and Gibreel see running down the beach at night?
4. What fills the zamindar, Mirza Saeed Akhtar, with lust as he stands on the veranda of his house?
5. Why does Rosa Diamond rush for her hat, cloak, and stick?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Salman defected from Mahound?
2. Why does Gibreel want to get to London?
3. Give some information about the exiled Imam.
4. How is Chamcha restored to his human form?
5. Explain how business suddenly picks up at the brothel called The Curtain.
6. Why is Mirza Saeed so miserable?
7. What is the relationship between Aeysha and Mirza Saeed?
8. Where are Gibreel and Allie living?
9. After Pamela kicks him out, what kind of treatment does Jumpy receive at the Shaandaar Cafe?
10. How have things changed at Scandal Point?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)