|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the specter of Dr. Babington say as he fades into the moonlight?
(a) Wherever the English settle, they never leave England.
(b) Whatever the english bring with them, they always take away.
(c) Wherever the English go, death is not far behind.
(d) Whatever the English think, there are better cultures.
2. Upon her return, what does Aeysha say the people of Titlipur must do?
(a) Learn to call the butterflies.
(b) Go on a pilgrimage to Mecca to kiss the Ka'aba.
(c) Give up eating meat.
(d) Memorize the entire Quran
3. When the Imam summons Gibreel, the Archangel, where does he demand to be taken?
4. What does Hamza do that causes Hind to set her mind on revenge?
(a) He destroys a statue to Lat.
(b) He kills two of her brothers.
(c) He rapes her.
(d) He sets fire to the temple of Uzza.
5. After a night at the Masks, where does Mahound wake up?
(a) On top of Mount Cone
(b) In his harem
(c) In the cave
(d) In Hind's bed
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the question about the type of song Gibreel sang?
2. Who willed the rescue and who made it happen?
3. What makes Gibreel begin speaking after pinning Mahound down?
4. How does Gibreel finally manage to pin Mahound down in the wrestling match?
5. Who tells Abu Simbel that a poet's work is to shape the world?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have things changed at Scandal Point?
2. Why does the TV show called Gardener's World attract Chamcha's attention?
3. What is the difference of opinion between Gibreel and the Imam?
4. How does Chamcha go about reclaiming his life after he returns to normal?
5. While the pilgrims are marching to the sea, what is Mirza Saeed attempting to do?
6. What happens at Shepperton Studios?
7. Why is Mirza Saeed so miserable?
8. Why is Mrs. Hind such a bitter woman?
9. How is Chamcha restored to his human form?
10. What message does Aeysha give Mishal in response to Mirza Saeed's final appeal to the pilgrims?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)