|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gibreel call Chamcha?
2. What does Mahound now believe about the verses accepting the goddesses?
(a) They were in a language he really did not understand.
(b) They were from Shaitan and not Gibreel.
(c) They were in cryptic form where one thing means another.
(d) They were a test of his understanding.
3. Where are Gibreel and Chamcha found?
(a) Washed up on the shore
(b) Walking to London
(c) Sitting on a hill
(d) Running down a lane
4. Who tells Abu Simbel that a poet's work is to shape the world?
5. What does Chamcha order Gibreel to do?
(a) Shut up and pray
(b) Hold his hand
(c) Fly and sing
(d) Dive to his death
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Rushdie compare the explosion of the jet?
2. What is Khalid's explanation for the Satanic verses?
3. What is Gibreel doing that slows down their descent?
4. What happens between Rosa and Gibreel in a dream?
5. When the Imam summons Gibreel, the Archangel, where does he demand to be taken?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at Shepperton Studios?
2. How is Chamcha restored to his human form?
3. How are the pilgrims finally destroyed?
4. Why is Gibreel unable to get away from Rosa Diamond?
5. What is Saladin able to do for his father?
6. Why is Mirza Saeed so miserable?
7. What message does Aeysha give Mishal in response to Mirza Saeed's final appeal to the pilgrims?
8. What is the irony of the marriage of Chamcha and Pamela Lovelace?
9. Explain how business suddenly picks up at the brothel called The Curtain.
10. What does the Grandee's wife, Hind, represent?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)