|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many survivors are there from the explosion?
2. What is Khalid's explanation for the Satanic verses?
(a) That Mahound was forced to say good things about Lat.
(b) That Mahound was under the influence of Hind's drugs.
(c) That Mahound was testing their loyalty.
(d) That Mahound had brought the devil so they could recongize him.
3. Where are Gibreel and Chamcha found?
(a) Running down a lane
(b) Sitting on a hill
(c) Washed up on the shore
(d) Walking to London
4. What occupation do Gibreel and Chamcha have in common?
(a) They are religious clerics.
(b) The are writers.
(c) They are accountants.
(d) They are actors.
5. What is Gibreel wearing when he comes down Rosa's stairs to see what is going on?
(a) A maroon smoking jacket and jodhpurs
(b) A bathrobe and fuzzy slippers
(c) A white tuxedo
(d) A white bed sheet
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens between Rosa and Gibreel in a dream?
2. What is Hamza's objection to accepting Lat, Uzza, and Manat as equal with Allah?
3. What does Chamcha order Gibreel to do?
4. Why does Mishal spend so much time with Aeysha?
5. Who does Saladin think the old woman with the cane is?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chamcha react to the information that Changez has not been told that he is dying?
2. While the pilgrims are marching to the sea, what is Mirza Saeed attempting to do?
3. Describe the physical transformation of Chamcha after he comes back to earth.
4. What is Saladin able to do for his father?
5. Describe the meeting of Mr. Maslama and Gibreel on the train.
6. Why is Gibreel unable to get away from Rosa Diamond?
7. How does Chamcha go about reclaiming his life after he returns to normal?
8. Why is Mrs. Hind such a bitter woman?
9. After Pamela kicks him out, what kind of treatment does Jumpy receive at the Shaandaar Cafe?
10. What is the relevance of the arrest of Dr. Uhura Simba to the theme of the novel?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)