|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mishal tell her husband about the girl?
(a) That her name is Aeysha
(b) That she comes from Mecca
(c) That she has six fingers on one hand
(d) That she has relatives in the village
2. What is Aeysha's affliction?
(a) She is barren.
(b) She has epilepsy.
(c) She has cancer.
(d) She has leporsy.
3. Seeing the image, what does Gibreel want to know from Saladin?
(a) If he can see it also
(b) If he can hear the conversation
(c) If he can help him get rid of it
(d) If he is seeing anything at all
4. What does Abu Simbel want from Mahound?
(a) That Allah recognize Lat, Uzza, and Manat as gods
(b) That Mahound will bring his angel to the city
(c) That Mahound will leave Jahilia and teach somewhere else
(d) That Mahound will recant his beliefs
5. What is Saladin Chamcha's reaction to waking up on the beach?
(a) He starts to cry.
(b) He slaps Gibreel.
(c) He sits up and rubs his eyes.
(d) He laughs hysterically.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is under Saladin's bowler hat?
2. When the Imam summons Gibreel, the Archangel, where does he demand to be taken?
3. Who is the antagonist of the Imam, Mahmood?
4. Why are Mahound's followers worried after he goes to see the Grandee?
5. What is Gibreel doing as he falls through the air?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Gibreel and Chamcha find themselves as they wake up on land.
2. How does Mirza Saeed die?
3. Explain how business suddenly picks up at the brothel called The Curtain.
4. How is Chamcha restored to his human form?
5. Where are Gibreel and Allie living?
6. Why does Gibreel want to get to London?
7. Describe how Gibreel and Chamcha fall from the wreckage of flight AI-420.
8. Why is Mirza Saeed so miserable?
9. What is the relationship between Aeysha and Mirza Saeed?
10. Explain what Hind tries to do but is prevented by Mahound.
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)