|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the specter of Dr. Babington say as he fades into the moonlight?
(a) Whatever the English think, there are better cultures.
(b) Wherever the English settle, they never leave England.
(c) Whatever the english bring with them, they always take away.
(d) Wherever the English go, death is not far behind.
2. What do Rosa and Gibreel see running down the beach at night?
(b) An ostrich
(c) A bull
3. What is Gibreel doing as he falls through the air?
(d) Trying to fly
4. What does Inspector Lime refuse to admit he saw when he looked up at Gibreel?
(a) Three sets of arms
(b) An elephant head
(c) Golden eyes
(d) A halo
5. What does ellowen deeowen stand for?
(a) LOW DONE
(c) EL LO DOWN
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gibreel say when he wakes up?
2. What does Mishal tell her husband about the girl?
3. What follows the repudiation of the goddesses?
4. Why does Mishal spend so much time with Aeysha?
5. Who comes to Hagar to show her the waters of Zamzam?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have things changed at Scandal Point?
2. Explain how Baal, the satirical poet, realizes that Mahound is returning to Jahilia.
3. How is Chamcha bitter at his circumstances?
4. After Pamela kicks him out, what kind of treatment does Jumpy receive at the Shaandaar Cafe?
5. What is the reaction to Saladin when Sufyan brings him into the Shaandaar hotel?
6. Why is Chamcha arrested by the police and later released?
7. What do Mishal and Anahita question about Chamcha's appearance?
8. What is the relevance of the arrest of Dr. Uhura Simba to the theme of the novel?
9. How does Mirza Saeed die?
10. Explain what Gibreel sees on the way down to earth that Chamcha does not see.
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)