|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. why do Gibreel and Rosa go into the village to buy a cake and champagne?
(a) For guests coming to dinner
(b) For a celebration of Gibreel's survival
(c) For her eighty-ninth birthday
(d) For New Year's Eve
2. How does Gibreel finally manage to pin Mahound down in the wrestling match?
(a) The afreet come and help him.
(b) Mahound gets sleepy.
(c) It is what Mahound wants.
(d) Gibreel strikes Mahound blind.
3. What is the name of the jumbo jet that explodes?
4. Where does Rosa tell Gibreel she went as a young bride?
(b) The Caribbean
5. What happens to Gibreel's breath after he falls to earth?
(a) It begins to smell like lilacs.
(b) It ceases to smell bad.
(c) It is knocked out of him.
(d) It gets worse than before.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is beside Gibreel's ear when he wakes up on the beach?
2. What does Abu Simbel want from Mahound?
3. Why does the Imam destroy clocks?
4. What occupation do Gibreel and Chamcha have in common?
5. After a night at the Masks, where does Mahound wake up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Zeeny Vakil represent in the novel?
2. What is the irony of Mahound's death?
3. Why does the TV show called Gardener's World attract Chamcha's attention?
4. Tell what happens when Chamcha calls Pamela.
5. Describe what Chamcha finds in the church.
6. What is the importance of the wrestling match between Mahound and the Archangel Gibreel?
7. How are the pilgrims finally destroyed?
8. What is the difference of opinion between Gibreel and the Imam?
9. Explain how the floods change the mining townspeople's minds about Aeysha.
10. Trapped by Rosa Diamond, what does Gibreel think is happening to him?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)