|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mahound go after he leaves Hind's chambers?
(a) To get a drink from the well of Zamzam.
(b) To his seventy year old wife.
(c) To find his uncle.
(d) Back up Mount Cone.
2. After the phone call, who arrives at Rosa's house?
(a) The police come to arrest Saladin.
(b) The TV stations send out their camera crews.
(c) The mayor of London comes to see Gibreel.
(d) The airline representative comes to interview Rosa.
3. Upon her return, what does Aeysha say the people of Titlipur must do?
(a) Memorize the entire Quran
(b) Give up eating meat.
(c) Go on a pilgrimage to Mecca to kiss the Ka'aba.
(d) Learn to call the butterflies.
4. What does Hamza do that causes Hind to set her mind on revenge?
(a) He rapes her.
(b) He sets fire to the temple of Uzza.
(c) He destroys a statue to Lat.
(d) He kills two of her brothers.
5. What happens between Rosa and Gibreel in a dream?
(a) They drift above the clouds.
(b) They ride horses on the beach.
(c) They make love.
(d) They are transported to Argentina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fills the zamindar, Mirza Saeed Akhtar, with lust as he stands on the veranda of his house?
2. What follows the repudiation of the goddesses?
3. What is Gibreel wearing when he comes down Rosa's stairs to see what is going on?
4. How does Gibreel finally manage to pin Mahound down in the wrestling match?
5. What is Hamza's objection to accepting Lat, Uzza, and Manat as equal with Allah?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the TV show called Gardener's World attract Chamcha's attention?
2. Why is Chamcha arrested by the police and later released?
3. When Mahound has conquered the city, why is Salman spared?
4. How is Chamcha restored to his human form?
5. Who is the Aeysha of the butterflies?
6. Explain how the floods change the mining townspeople's minds about Aeysha.
7. What is the irony of Mahound's death?
8. What had happened to Rekha?
9. What message does Aeysha give Mishal in response to Mirza Saeed's final appeal to the pilgrims?
10. Where does the title of Satanic Verses come from?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)