|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Mahound's followers worried after he goes to see the Grandee?
(a) He may be planning to kill the Grandee.
(b) He may fall into the clutches of Hind.
(c) He is gone a long time and has not returned.
(d) He is likely to compromise with the Grandee.
2. What happens to Gibreel's breath after he falls to earth?
(a) It gets worse than before.
(b) It begins to smell like lilacs.
(c) It is knocked out of him.
(d) It ceases to smell bad.
3. What occupation do Gibreel and Chamcha have in common?
(a) They are religious clerics.
(b) They are accountants.
(c) They are actors.
(d) The are writers.
4. What blasphemous thing does Mirza say to Aeysha?
(a) You are the mother of all liars.
(b) There is no God.
(c) God has no prophet.
(d) Your Archangel is Shaitan.
5. What is Saladin holding up when he appears in Rosa's hallway?
(a) His pajamas with the missing button
(b) His driver's license
(c) A golf club
(d) His bowler hat
Short Answer Questions
1. What cliche does Abu Simbel believe is not true?
2. To what does Rushdie compare the explosion of the jet?
3. What mischievous thing is Gibreel doing in his dream?
4. What does Gibreel say when he wakes up?
5. Why do the people reject Mirza Saeed's offer to build liters for them to ride in to Mecca?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Gibreel and Chamcha fall from the wreckage of flight AI-420.
2. Tell what happens when Chamcha calls Pamela.
3. How has Mahound become prominent in Jahilia?
4. While the pilgrims are marching to the sea, what is Mirza Saeed attempting to do?
5. Explain how business suddenly picks up at the brothel called The Curtain.
6. Explain what Gibreel sees on the way down to earth that Chamcha does not see.
7. When Mahound has conquered the city, why is Salman spared?
8. What is the relationship between Aeysha and Mirza Saeed?
9. Describe the physical transformation of Chamcha after he comes back to earth.
10. Why is Chamcha arrested by the police and later released?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)