|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What proof do the police offer that Saladin is the man they are looking for?
(a) His lumps have grown into sharp horns.
(b) His breath smells of death.
(c) He has no proper identification.
(d) His eyes glow red.
2. What is Rosa's response when Gibreel asks if she noticed Chamcha's horns?
(a) she says she did not.
(b) She looks surprised and nods her head.
(c) Nothing, she goes deaf.
(d) She says that horns are the fashion now.
3. Why does Mishal spend so much time with Aeysha?
(a) She hopes Aeysha's Archangel husband will grant her a baby.
(b) She suspects her husband is lusting after Aeysha.
(c) She has fallen in love with Aeysha.
(d) She wants to learn how to call the butterflies.
4. What does Mahound now believe about the verses accepting the goddesses?
(a) They were from Shaitan and not Gibreel.
(b) They were a test of his understanding.
(c) They were in cryptic form where one thing means another.
(d) They were in a language he really did not understand.
5. What does Inspector Lime refuse to admit he saw when he looked up at Gibreel?
(a) An elephant head
(b) A halo
(c) Three sets of arms
(d) Golden eyes
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hamza insist that Mahound return to the mountain?
2. What is Aeysha's affliction?
3. Why are Mahound's followers worried after he goes to see the Grandee?
4. What is Saladin Chamcha's reaction to waking up on the beach?
5. What is Khalid's explanation for the Satanic verses?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Gibreel unable to get away from Rosa Diamond?
2. Explain how Baal, the satirical poet, realizes that Mahound is returning to Jahilia.
3. What is the relevance of the arrest of Dr. Uhura Simba to the theme of the novel?
4. Where does the title of Satanic Verses come from?
5. Why has Salman defected from Mahound?
6. How does Mirza Saeed die?
7. Give some information about the exiled Imam.
8. What had happened to Rekha?
9. Where are Gibreel and Allie living?
10. Tell what happens when Chamcha calls Pamela.
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)