|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does ellowen deeowen stand for?
(b) EL LO DOWN
(d) LOW DONE
2. Where does Mahound go after he leaves Hind's chambers?
(a) To get a drink from the well of Zamzam.
(b) To find his uncle.
(c) Back up Mount Cone.
(d) To his seventy year old wife.
3. What does Gibreel feel is holding him at Rosa's house?
(a) Her pitiful condition.
(b) Her stories.
(c) Her black magic.
(d) Her strong personality.
4. What does Chamcha order Gibreel to do?
(a) Dive to his death
(b) Fly and sing
(c) Hold his hand
(d) Shut up and pray
5. What is Mirza's doubt about sending Mishal back to the purdah?
(a) That Misahl would take up with another man and kill him
(b) That he might be planning to seduce the girl Aeysha
(c) That his mother-in-law would not approve of his modesty
(d) That Mishal might get bored and leave
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gibreel call Chamcha?
2. In his dream, what is the new name his mother gives him?
3. What is under Saladin's bowler hat?
4. What occurs in Gibreel's dream as Mahound returns to the mountain?
5. What is odd about the song Gibreel begins to sing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Saladin able to do for his father?
2. How does Chamcha go about reclaiming his life after he returns to normal?
3. What is the irony of the marriage of Chamcha and Pamela Lovelace?
4. When Mahound has conquered the city, why is Salman spared?
5. Why is Gibreel unable to get away from Rosa Diamond?
6. Where are Gibreel and Allie living?
7. After Pamela kicks him out, what kind of treatment does Jumpy receive at the Shaandaar Cafe?
8. What effect does the death of Sarpanch Muhammad Din's wife have on the pilgrims?
9. Why had Zeeny avoided seeing Chamcha?
10. How does Chamcha react to the information that Changez has not been told that he is dying?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)