|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. why do Gibreel and Rosa go into the village to buy a cake and champagne?
(a) For guests coming to dinner
(b) For her eighty-ninth birthday
(c) For New Year's Eve
(d) For a celebration of Gibreel's survival
2. After the phone call, who arrives at Rosa's house?
(a) The mayor of London comes to see Gibreel.
(b) The airline representative comes to interview Rosa.
(c) The TV stations send out their camera crews.
(d) The police come to arrest Saladin.
3. Where does Rosa tell Gibreel she went as a young bride?
(d) The Caribbean
4. Who does Saladin think the old woman with the cane is?
(a) The Archangel Gibreel
(b) The Angel of Death
5. Who is the antagonist of the Imam, Mahmood?
(a) Saladin Chamcha
(b) The angel Gibreel
(c) Rosa Diamond
(d) The Empress Aeysha
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does the Archangel give Aeysha about her friend Mishal?
2. Where are Gibreel and Chamcha found?
3. What is odd about the song Gibreel begins to sing?
4. Who thinks it is a miracle that they are alive?
5. Why do the police come for Saladin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Mahound become prominent in Jahilia?
2. What effect does the death of Sarpanch Muhammad Din's wife have on the pilgrims?
3. Explain how the floods change the mining townspeople's minds about Aeysha.
4. Where does the title of Satanic Verses come from?
5. What is the irony of Mahound's death?
6. Why does the TV show called Gardener's World attract Chamcha's attention?
7. Describe the meeting of Mr. Maslama and Gibreel on the train.
8. Why is Mrs. Hind such a bitter woman?
9. What is the relationship between Aeysha and Mirza Saeed?
10. Explain what Gibreel sees on the way down to earth that Chamcha does not see.
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)