|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Gibreel and Chamcha found?
(a) Running down a lane
(b) Walking to London
(c) Sitting on a hill
(d) Washed up on the shore
2. How many survivors are there from the explosion?
3. What does Bilal, an American convert, do for the Imam?
(a) He guards the Imam's door.
(b) He writes satires for the Imam.
(c) He provides water for the Imam.
(d) He sings the Imam's songs on his radio broadcast.
4. What does ellowen deeowen stand for?
(a) EL LO DOWN
(c) LOW DONE
5. Who tells Abu Simbel that a poet's work is to shape the world?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Gibreel planning to go in London?
2. How does Gibreel finally manage to pin Mahound down in the wrestling match?
3. What is Gibreel doing that slows down their descent?
4. What difficulty does Gibreel have in getting out of Rosa's house?
5. What blasphemous thing does Mirza say to Aeysha?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Gibreel and Chamcha fall from the wreckage of flight AI-420.
2. Give some information about the exiled Imam.
3. What does Zeeny Vakil represent in the novel?
4. What do Mishal and Anahita question about Chamcha's appearance?
5. What is the irony of the marriage of Chamcha and Pamela Lovelace?
6. Where does the title of Satanic Verses come from?
7. Describe the physical transformation of Chamcha after he comes back to earth.
8. Describe the meeting of Mr. Maslama and Gibreel on the train.
9. When Mahound has conquered the city, why is Salman spared?
10. How does Chamcha react to the information that Changez has not been told that he is dying?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)