|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After a night at the Masks, where does Mahound wake up?
(a) On top of Mount Cone
(b) In his harem
(c) In the cave
(d) In Hind's bed
2. Why do the people reject Mirza Saeed's offer to build liters for them to ride in to Mecca?
(a) Because they cannot accept anything from an unbeliever
(b) Because Aeysha forbids it
(c) Because there is not enough time to build them
(d) Because the Archangel said they were to walk
3. Who is the antagonist of the Imam, Mahmood?
(a) The angel Gibreel
(b) Saladin Chamcha
(c) Rosa Diamond
(d) The Empress Aeysha
4. Why are Mahound's followers worried after he goes to see the Grandee?
(a) He is gone a long time and has not returned.
(b) He may fall into the clutches of Hind.
(c) He is likely to compromise with the Grandee.
(d) He may be planning to kill the Grandee.
5. How does Osman explain to the villager that Aeysha disappeared without his seeing where she went.
(a) He says a wind blew dust in his eyes.
(b) He says she gave him something to make him sleep.
(c) He says she sent him on an errand and was gone when he returned.
(d) He says she left in the middle of the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Saladin holding up when he appears in Rosa's hallway?
2. What does Aeysha believe will happen on the way to Mecca?
3. What is beside Gibreel's ear when he wakes up on the beach?
4. What fills the zamindar, Mirza Saeed Akhtar, with lust as he stands on the veranda of his house?
5. Where is Gibreel planning to go in London?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the pilgrims finally destroyed?
2. Tell what happens when Chamcha calls Pamela.
3. Why is Chamcha arrested by the police and later released?
4. Explain what Hind tries to do but is prevented by Mahound.
5. How is Baal finally recognized in spite of his dyed skin and attire like a djinn?
6. Why has Salman defected from Mahound?
7. How have things changed at Scandal Point?
8. When Mahound has conquered the city, why is Salman spared?
9. Where does the title of Satanic Verses come from?
10. Describe how Chamcha is helped to get out of the hospital.
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)