Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hamza do that causes Hind to set her mind on revenge?
(a) He kills two of her brothers.
(b) He destroys a statue to Lat.
(c) He sets fire to the temple of Uzza.
(d) He rapes her.
2. What does Bilal, an American convert, do for the Imam?
(a) He guards the Imam's door.
(b) He sings the Imam's songs on his radio broadcast.
(c) He provides water for the Imam.
(d) He writes satires for the Imam.
3. How does Gibreel finally manage to pin Mahound down in the wrestling match?
(a) It is what Mahound wants.
(b) Gibreel strikes Mahound blind.
(c) The afreet come and help him.
(d) Mahound gets sleepy.
4. What is Saladin holding up when he appears in Rosa's hallway?
(a) His driver's license
(b) His pajamas with the missing button
(c) A golf club
(d) His bowler hat
5. What is the flight number that blows up with Gibreel and Chamcha aboard?
(a) PanAm 108
(b) AA 135
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon her return, what does Aeysha say the people of Titlipur must do?
2. What is Gibreel doing as he falls through the air?
3. Where are Gibreel and Chamcha found?
4. What is Khalid's explanation for the Satanic verses?
5. What mischievous thing is Gibreel doing in his dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how business suddenly picks up at the brothel called The Curtain.
2. Explain what Gibreel sees on the way down to earth that Chamcha does not see.
3. What does Zeeny Vakil represent in the novel?
4. How is Chamcha bitter at his circumstances?
5. What is the importance of the wrestling match between Mahound and the Archangel Gibreel?
6. Explain how the floods change the mining townspeople's minds about Aeysha.
7. Trapped by Rosa Diamond, what does Gibreel think is happening to him?
8. What had happened to Rekha?
9. What is the difference of opinion between Gibreel and the Imam?
10. What do the citizens of Jahilia and their religion represent in the novel?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)