|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gibreel wearing when he comes down Rosa's stairs to see what is going on?
(a) A maroon smoking jacket and jodhpurs
(b) A white tuxedo
(c) A white bed sheet
(d) A bathrobe and fuzzy slippers
2. What is Rosa's response when Gibreel asks if she noticed Chamcha's horns?
(a) She says that horns are the fashion now.
(b) She looks surprised and nods her head.
(c) Nothing, she goes deaf.
(d) she says she did not.
3. Where does Mahound go after he leaves Hind's chambers?
(a) Back up Mount Cone.
(b) To get a drink from the well of Zamzam.
(c) To find his uncle.
(d) To his seventy year old wife.
4. How does Mahound see the Archangel Gibreel in the cave?
(a) As standing in a fiery bush
(b) As a half man, half horse
(c) As being connected to him by a golden umbilical cord
(d) As hovering over him, flapping his wings
5. What does Gibreel feel is holding him at Rosa's house?
(a) Her stories.
(b) Her pitiful condition.
(c) Her strong personality.
(d) Her black magic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does ellowen deeowen stand for?
2. What does Bilal, an American convert, do for the Imam?
3. Where are Gibreel and Chamcha found?
4. How does Hind say he got there?
5. Why is Saladin covered with a thin sheet of ice?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why the satirical character of Mahound becomes so offensive to Muslims.
2. How are the pilgrims finally destroyed?
3. Why is Chamcha arrested by the police and later released?
4. Explain how business suddenly picks up at the brothel called The Curtain.
5. Describe the physical transformation of Chamcha after he comes back to earth.
6. What is the reaction to Saladin when Sufyan brings him into the Shaandaar hotel?
7. Describe how Gibreel and Chamcha find themselves as they wake up on land.
8. Describe what Chamcha finds in the church.
9. Tell what happens when Chamcha calls Pamela.
10. Why is Mirza Saeed so miserable?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)