|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gibreel wearing when he comes down Rosa's stairs to see what is going on?
(a) A bathrobe and fuzzy slippers
(b) A maroon smoking jacket and jodhpurs
(c) A white tuxedo
(d) A white bed sheet
2. How does Osman explain to the villager that Aeysha disappeared without his seeing where she went.
(a) He says she left in the middle of the night.
(b) He says a wind blew dust in his eyes.
(c) He says she gave him something to make him sleep.
(d) He says she sent him on an errand and was gone when he returned.
3. After the phone call, who arrives at Rosa's house?
(a) The airline representative comes to interview Rosa.
(b) The mayor of London comes to see Gibreel.
(c) The TV stations send out their camera crews.
(d) The police come to arrest Saladin.
4. Who does Gibreel see on his way down to earth?
(a) Rekha Merchant on a flying carpet
(b) His step mother on a broomstick
(c) Allileua Cone in a balloon
(d) God looking down from Heaven
5. Who tells Abu Simbel that a poet's work is to shape the world?
Short Answer Questions
1. What verses does Mahound receive in meeting with Gibreel?
2. Who willed the rescue and who made it happen?
3. Why does the Imam destroy clocks?
4. Who is the previous untouchable who guards Aeysha's hut?
5. Who comes to Hagar to show her the waters of Zamzam?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Hind such a bitter woman?
2. Why has Salman defected from Mahound?
3. How has Mahound become prominent in Jahilia?
4. Where does the title of Satanic Verses come from?
5. Explain why the satirical character of Mahound becomes so offensive to Muslims.
6. What effect does the death of Sarpanch Muhammad Din's wife have on the pilgrims?
7. How are the pilgrims finally destroyed?
8. What is Saladin able to do for his father?
9. Describe the physical transformation of Chamcha after he comes back to earth.
10. Where are Gibreel and Allie living?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)