|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion becomes the undoing of Gibreel's and Allie's relationship?
(a) Allie's love of mountain climbing
(b) Gibreel's passion for cooking
(c) Allie's desire for excellence
(d) Gibreel's unjustified jealousy
2. What does Srinivas realize about Aeysha?
(a) She has the same face as the goddess Lakshmi.
(b) She cannot possibly be wrong.
(c) She can only sleep under a blanket of butterflies.
(d) She is connected to the Archangel Gibreel.
3. What happens to the wife of Sarpanch Muhammad Din, an old woman on the march?
(a) She becomes young again.
(b) She dies.
(c) She kisses Gibreel.
(d) She starts collecting butterflies.
4. How does Aeysha turn Mirza Saeed's offer to her favor?
(a) She convinces the pilgrims that Saeed is the Devil.
(b) She tells the pilgrims to go home and she will continue alone.
(c) She tells the pilgrims that she will only go on if they all do.
(d) She refuses to march any further.
5. What assurance does Jumpy need to go into Pamela's bedroom?
(a) That Chamcha is out of town
(b) That Chamcha will not see him
(c) Permission from Chamcha
(d) A copy of Pamela's divorce papers
6. What has Hind upset at the Shaandaar Bed and Breakfast?
(a) She hears Chamcha clomping around on his goat feet.
(b) She learns that chamcha has lost his job.
(c) She catches her husband with Mimi.
(d) She sees Hanif Johnson coming out of her daughter's, Mishal's, room.
7. Who recognizes Aeysha in the village of Chatnapatna?
(a) The Vishna Hindu Parishad
(c) Mrs. Qureishi
(d) The Station Head Officer
8. What happens to Billy Battuta and Mimi in New York?
(a) They are suspected of being terrorists.
(b) They are denied a visa.
(c) The are accused of spying by the FBI.
(d) They are arrested for passing a bad check.
9. What spiteful thing does Saladin begin doing to Gibreel and Allie?
(a) Putting false insormation about them in the newspapers.
(b) Making anonymous calls suggesting that Allie is having an affair.
(c) Calling during the night but not saying anything.
(d) Letting the air out of their tires.
10. What do the Sufyan girls think might be going on with Chamcha?
(a) They think he is projecting an image onto their minds.
(b) They think he will return to normal in the south of France.
(c) They think he just has a hysterical deformity which will go away.
(d) Because he is an actor, they think his appearance may just be makeup.
11. Although Sufyan and Hind now live in a four-storey terraced house, what does she long for?
(a) A cottage in Ireland.
(b) A smaller house, easier to keep clean.
(c) The village life in Bangladesh.
(d) The humble teacher's flat in Dhaka.
12. What does Mr. Qureishi offer his daughter, Mishal?
(a) To fly her to Mecca
(b) To send for a doctor
(c) To allow her to continue her march
(d) To carry her on his back
13. What does Jumpy Joshi think Chamcha, now transformed with horns and goat feet, needs to begin changing back into a man?
(a) A new tailor
(b) A new love interest
(c) To find Gibreel and ask him to help
(d) A hot bowl of soup
14. At the party, seeing London at Gibreel's feet, what happens to Chamcha?
(a) He gets lost in the crowd.
(b) He feels the return of hate.
(c) He is happy for his fellow Indian.
(d) He begins to feel ill.
15. What was the tragedy of the flood?
(a) Most of the children had drowned.
(b) Fifteen thousand miners were buried alive in the mines.
(c) The crops were all destroyed.
(d) All the houses were flattened.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the radio in a taxi, who does Saladin hear speaking?
2. What activity is occupying Pamela's time?
3. What happens as Aeysha walks toward the protesters trying to stop the pilgrims?
4. What does Anahita call her parents' native land?
5. As Hind grows bolder, what is happening to Mahound?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)