|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must happen before a Prophet can die?
(a) He must be shown Paradise and make a choice of heaven or longer life.
(b) He must be purified with clean water and dressed in white linen.
(c) He must sit facing the east and wait for death to come.
(d) He must pass though the fires of hell.
2. What two women begin to haunt Saladin's dreams?
(a) Pamela and Hind
(b) Mishal Sufyan and Zeeny Vakil
(c) Anahita and Nasreen
(d) Ussa and Manat
3. What happens when Allie Cone looks at Saladin Chamcha?
(a) He falls madly in love with her.
(b) He feels his hate for Gibreel transfer onto her.
(c) He sees that she is exactly like Pamela.
(d) There is instant sexual tension.
4. What are Mahound's last words to Baal?
(a) I see no difference between whores and writers.
(b) Today you will meet Shaitan.
(c) You cannot blaspheme after your head is cut off.
(d) Submit and save your miserable life.
5. As Hind grows bolder, what is happening to Mahound?
(a) He is preparing to invade Egypt.
(b) He is dying of a fatal sickness.
(c) He is visiting Gibreel every day.
(d) He is planning a trip to Jerusalem.
6. What does Srinivas, the toy merchant, see coming toward him?
(a) The villagers of Titlipur on their pilgrimage
(b) Rosa Diamond leading a parade of elephants
(c) The Archangel Gibreel
(d) A delegation from Mecca
7. What is Hind doing for two years after her seclusion?
(a) Planning her escape to Egypt
(b) Memorizing the Quran
(c) Studying occult books
(d) Writing books for women
8. How does Anahita Sufyan apologize for calling Chamcha a freak?
(a) She says that she did not mean freak, she meant Greek.
(b) She says that he is not a freak, he just looks like one.
(c) She cries and gives him a kiss.
(d) She says it was wrong of her to speak.
9. What sign is given Baal that Mahound is returning to Jahilia?
(a) Cone Mountain shakes
(b) Butterflies all turn black
(c) Gibreel hovering overhead
(d) A blood tear on the statue of Al-Lat
10. What does Jumpy Joshi think Chamcha, now transformed with horns and goat feet, needs to begin changing back into a man?
(a) A new love interest
(b) To find Gibreel and ask him to help
(c) A new tailor
(d) A hot bowl of soup
11. What happens when Aeysha agrees with the Imam?
(a) Mishal asks for the baby.
(b) The people turn against the Imam and Aeysha.
(c) Mirza Saeed snatches the baby out of the Iman's arms.
(d) The baby is stoned to death.
12. Now out of jail, what is Billy Battuta planning for Gibreel?
(a) A new temple
(b) A movie comeback
(c) A rock band tour
(d) An advertising campaign
13. What do the Sufyan girls think might be going on with Chamcha?
(a) They think he will return to normal in the south of France.
(b) They think he just has a hysterical deformity which will go away.
(c) They think he is projecting an image onto their minds.
(d) Because he is an actor, they think his appearance may just be makeup.
14. What activity is occupying Pamela's time?
(a) Learning to climb mountains.
(b) Writing a novel about her experience with Chamcha.
(c) Investigating allegations of witchcraft among the police.
(d) Holding seances to speak with the dea.
15. What has Hal Valance done to Chamcha?
(a) Made love to Pamela, Chamcha's wife.
(b) Turned him in to the police.
(c) Fired him.
(d) Stolen his money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hind save her life?
2. What assurance does Jumpy need to go into Pamela's bedroom?
3. What spiteful thing does Saladin begin doing to Gibreel and Allie?
4. What happens to the wife of Sarpanch Muhammad Din, an old woman on the march?
5. What does Alicja Cone say to Allie about Gibreel?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)