|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Salman test Mahound?
(a) He puts meaningless words into the writing and Mahound thinks Gibreel put them there.
(b) He alters the words Mahound gives him to write, but Mahound never notices.
(c) He slips pork into Mahound's beef stew but nothing happens.
(d) He makes up new rules, writes them down, and Mahound thinks he did it himself.
2. What does Mr. Qureishi offer his daughter, Mishal?
(a) To carry her on his back
(b) To allow her to continue her march
(c) To fly her to Mecca
(d) To send for a doctor
3. Angry at Saeed, Ayesha says that those who listen to the devil's verses will go to the devil. What does Mirza Saeed answer?
(a) At least with the devil, you're dry.
(b) How do we know you're not the devil?
(c) It is a choice between the devil and the deep blue sea.
(d) Those who live by the sword will die by the sword.
4. What does Chamcha do in his apartment?
(a) Break up the furniture.
(b) Watch TV.
(c) Kill Pamela.
(d) Make phone calls.
5. Who finally recognizes Baal at The Curtain?
(d) Abu Simbel
6. How does Anahita Sufyan apologize for calling Chamcha a freak?
(a) She says that she did not mean freak, she meant Greek.
(b) She cries and gives him a kiss.
(c) She says it was wrong of her to speak.
(d) She says that he is not a freak, he just looks like one.
7. Who recognizes Aeysha in the village of Chatnapatna?
(a) The Station Head Officer
(b) The Vishna Hindu Parishad
(c) Mrs. Qureishi
8. What two women begin to haunt Saladin's dreams?
(a) Ussa and Manat
(b) Mishal Sufyan and Zeeny Vakil
(c) Pamela and Hind
(d) Anahita and Nasreen
9. What happens as Aeysha walks toward the protesters trying to stop the pilgrims?
(a) Aeysha grows as tall as a tree.
(b) Lightning strikes the protest leader.
(c) It comes a downpour of rain.
(d) Someone throws a stone at Aeysha.
10. How does Mirza Saeed meet his death?
(a) He commits suicide after returning to an empty house.
(b) He dies of starvation at home, dreaming of going under the sea.
(c) He suffers a fatal heart attack on the long trip back to Titilipur.
(d) He is killed by the villagers who remained in Titlipur.
11. Who is Jumpy Joshi's star pupil at the martial arts academy?
(a) Anahita sufyan
(b) Billy Battuta
(c) Mishal Sufyan
(d) Robbie Williams
12. About what does Sufyan's wife, Hind, assume that her husband agrees with her?
(a) That sex is a dirty business
(b) That Chamcha is a freak
(c) That their daughters should not see Chamcha
(d) That Chamcha is Shaitan himself
13. What is Chamcha's dream from the old days?
(a) Marrying a princess.
(b) Learning how to play the sitar.
(c) Teaching his son to ride a bicycle.
(d) Living in an ivory palace.
14. What conclusion do the miners reach when the great flood comes?
(a) That Aeysha was a powerful magician
(b) That the butterflies had turned into rain
(c) That God had taken the side of Aeysha
(d) That they must double their opposition to Aeysha
15. What happens before Mahound will enter Jahilia?
(a) Hind comes begging for mercy.
(b) The Grandee is put to the sword.
(c) The water well is purified.
(d) Khalid destroys the pagan temples.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Aeysha proclaims the loss of life as punishment from God, Mirza Saeed retorts that they were all underground. What does Aeysha say?
2. How does business suddenly boom at The Curtain?
3. What offer does Mirza Saeed make Aeysha as the people turn against her?
4. Although Sufyan and Hind now live in a four-storey terraced house, what does she long for?
5. What does Mahound learn just before he dies?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)