|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Mahound's last words to Baal?
(a) Today you will meet Shaitan.
(b) You cannot blaspheme after your head is cut off.
(c) Submit and save your miserable life.
(d) I see no difference between whores and writers.
2. What does Srinivas realize about Aeysha?
(a) She has the same face as the goddess Lakshmi.
(b) She cannot possibly be wrong.
(c) She can only sleep under a blanket of butterflies.
(d) She is connected to the Archangel Gibreel.
3. What was the tragedy of the flood?
(a) Fifteen thousand miners were buried alive in the mines.
(b) Most of the children had drowned.
(c) All the houses were flattened.
(d) The crops were all destroyed.
4. Why is Dr. Simba arrested?
(a) He is suspected of terrorism.
(b) He was standing at the wrong place in the wrong time.
(c) He is accused of being the Granny Ripper Murderer.
(d) He owes back taxes.
5. How is Baal disguised by the madam of The Curtain brothel?
(a) He is painted white and stands like a statue.
(b) He is dressed as a woman.
(c) He is plastered to look like a leper.
(d) His skin and hair are dyed blue black like a djinn.
6. Why does Saladin think there is no need for angels and demons?
(a) Man is both demonic and angelic.
(b) He was no different as a demon.
(c) Neither of them a real.
(d) Men are demons and women are angels.
7. What happens when Aeysha agrees with the Imam?
(a) The people turn against the Imam and Aeysha.
(b) Mirza Saeed snatches the baby out of the Iman's arms.
(c) The baby is stoned to death.
(d) Mishal asks for the baby.
8. What is Chamcha's dream from the old days?
(a) Marrying a princess.
(b) Living in an ivory palace.
(c) Learning how to play the sitar.
(d) Teaching his son to ride a bicycle.
9. What makes Saladin's return to his past life difficult?
(d) Red tape
10. What does Srinivas, the toy merchant, see coming toward him?
(a) A delegation from Mecca
(b) Rosa Diamond leading a parade of elephants
(c) The villagers of Titlipur on their pilgrimage
(d) The Archangel Gibreel
11. How does Mirza Saeed meet his death?
(a) He commits suicide after returning to an empty house.
(b) He is killed by the villagers who remained in Titlipur.
(c) He suffers a fatal heart attack on the long trip back to Titilipur.
(d) He dies of starvation at home, dreaming of going under the sea.
12. What halts progress on Gibreel's film?
(a) There is a fire on the sound stage.
(b) Billy and Mimi are arrested again in New York.
(c) The script is rejected and they have to start over.
(d) Billy cannot raise the money.
13. How does Allie become very successful?
(a) Marketing her line of sports clothing for women.
(b) She makes three movies back to back.
(c) Going on talk show to talk about Gibreel.
(d) Writing a book about Gibreel, the man who fell to earth.
14. What do the Sufyan girls think might be going on with Chamcha?
(a) They think he is projecting an image onto their minds.
(b) Because he is an actor, they think his appearance may just be makeup.
(c) They think he will return to normal in the south of France.
(d) They think he just has a hysterical deformity which will go away.
15. Who finally recognizes Baal at The Curtain?
(b) Abu Simbel
Short Answer Questions
1. Who recognizes Aeysha in the village of Chatnapatna?
2. What spiteful thing does Saladin begin doing to Gibreel and Allie?
3. What offer does Mirza Saeed make Aeysha as the people turn against her?
4. What does Alicja Cone say to Allie about Gibreel?
5. The Satanic verses, multiple marriages, and either old or very young wives are all points of disagreement between what two people?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)