Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the girls of The Curtain are jailed, what makes the men afraid?
(a) They had violated the laws of segregation of the sexes.
(b) They do not know what may come into Mahound's mind.
(c) They all knew the names of the girls.
(d) They had sworn an oath that they never went to The Curtain.
2. Angry at Saeed, Ayesha says that those who listen to the devil's verses will go to the devil. What does Mirza Saeed answer?
(a) Those who live by the sword will die by the sword.
(b) How do we know you're not the devil?
(c) At least with the devil, you're dry.
(d) It is a choice between the devil and the deep blue sea.
3. As Hind grows bolder, what is happening to Mahound?
(a) He is preparing to invade Egypt.
(b) He is planning a trip to Jerusalem.
(c) He is dying of a fatal sickness.
(d) He is visiting Gibreel every day.
4. On the radio in a taxi, who does Saladin hear speaking?
(a) Allie Cone
(b) Eugene Dumsday
(c) Winston churchill
(d) Gibreel Farishta
5. What does Jumpy Joshi think Chamcha, now transformed with horns and goat feet, needs to begin changing back into a man?
(a) To find Gibreel and ask him to help
(b) A hot bowl of soup
(c) A new tailor
(d) A new love interest
6. What offer does Mirza Saeed make Aeysha as the people turn against her?
(a) To build her a new mosque in Titlipur.
(b) To bring in doctors to help the sick.
(c) To order boats to take them across the sea.
(d) To fly twenve of the pilgrims to Mecca.
7. About what does Sufyan's wife, Hind, assume that her husband agrees with her?
(a) That sex is a dirty business
(b) That their daughters should not see Chamcha
(c) That Chamcha is Shaitan himself
(d) That Chamcha is a freak
8. What halts progress on Gibreel's film?
(a) Billy and Mimi are arrested again in New York.
(b) There is a fire on the sound stage.
(c) Billy cannot raise the money.
(d) The script is rejected and they have to start over.
9. What does Mahound learn just before he dies?
(a) Gibreel is really an actor.
(b) Hind committed suicide.
(c) Khalid poisoned him.
(d) Al-Lat caused his sickness.
10. What becomes an obsession with Mahound at Tathrib oasis?
(a) Women and girls
(b) War and wealth
(c) Food and feasts
(d) Law and rules
11. What is Chamcha's dream from the old days?
(a) Teaching his son to ride a bicycle.
(b) Living in an ivory palace.
(c) Learning how to play the sitar.
(d) Marrying a princess.
12. What causes the rumor that Hind is using witchcraft?
(a) She does not appear to age.
(b) She is always accompanied by a black cat.
(c) She dresses all in black.
(d) She starts collecting brooms and caldrons.
13. When Aeysha proclaims the loss of life as punishment from God, Mirza Saeed retorts that they were all underground. What does Aeysha say?
(a) They were trying to hide from God.
(b) They dug their own graves.
(c) They should have gone to the sea.
(d) They should have climbed the mountain.
14. What activity is occupying Pamela's time?
(a) Holding seances to speak with the dea.
(b) Learning to climb mountains.
(c) Writing a novel about her experience with Chamcha.
(d) Investigating allegations of witchcraft among the police.
15. Who hits Jumpy over the head with an oar?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Salman test Mahound?
2. What assurance does Jumpy need to go into Pamela's bedroom?
3. What conclusion do the miners reach when the great flood comes?
4. Although Sufyan and Hind now live in a four-storey terraced house, what does she long for?
5. What happens before Mahound will enter Jahilia?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)