|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Sufyan girls think might be going on with Chamcha?
(a) They think he will return to normal in the south of France.
(b) Because he is an actor, they think his appearance may just be makeup.
(c) They think he is projecting an image onto their minds.
(d) They think he just has a hysterical deformity which will go away.
2. What two women begin to haunt Saladin's dreams?
(a) Ussa and Manat
(b) Mishal Sufyan and Zeeny Vakil
(c) Anahita and Nasreen
(d) Pamela and Hind
3. About what does Sufyan's wife, Hind, assume that her husband agrees with her?
(a) That Chamcha is Shaitan himself
(b) That sex is a dirty business
(c) That their daughters should not see Chamcha
(d) That Chamcha is a freak
4. In his dream, what do the look-alike Hyacinths call Chamcha?
(a) Satan, the Goat
(b) A grade B actor
(c) An archangel
(d) An imposter
5. What happens to the wife of Sarpanch Muhammad Din, an old woman on the march?
(a) She kisses Gibreel.
(b) She becomes young again.
(c) She dies.
(d) She starts collecting butterflies.
6. Why does Saladin think there is no need for angels and demons?
(a) He was no different as a demon.
(b) Neither of them a real.
(c) Man is both demonic and angelic.
(d) Men are demons and women are angels.
7. How does Anahita Sufyan apologize for calling Chamcha a freak?
(a) She says that he is not a freak, he just looks like one.
(b) She says it was wrong of her to speak.
(c) She cries and gives him a kiss.
(d) She says that she did not mean freak, she meant Greek.
8. Who finally recognizes Baal at The Curtain?
(c) Abu Simbel
9. Why do the villagers not turn back as they wade deeper and deeper into the sea?
(a) They are too proud to return to scorn.
(b) They have all been hypnotized by the angel.
(c) They think that only the open believers will not be harmed by the water.
(d) They have been drugged by Aeysha.
10. When Aeysha proclaims the loss of life as punishment from God, Mirza Saeed retorts that they were all underground. What does Aeysha say?
(a) They dug their own graves.
(b) They were trying to hide from God.
(c) They should have gone to the sea.
(d) They should have climbed the mountain.
11. What does Anahita call her parents' native land?
(a) Scandal Point
(c) Hindu Hills
12. How does Chamcha appear as he stands among the wreckage of the Hot Wax nightclub?
(a) He is back to normal.
(b) His goat feet are bigger than ever.
(c) His horns have growqn three feet.
(d) His face is all black.
13. What was the tragedy of the flood?
(a) Fifteen thousand miners were buried alive in the mines.
(b) The crops were all destroyed.
(c) Most of the children had drowned.
(d) All the houses were flattened.
14. Who is Jumpy Joshi's star pupil at the martial arts academy?
(a) Robbie Williams
(b) Billy Battuta
(c) Mishal Sufyan
(d) Anahita sufyan
15. What becomes an obsession with Mahound at Tathrib oasis?
(a) Law and rules
(b) Women and girls
(c) Food and feasts
(d) War and wealth
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mirza Saeed meet his death?
2. How does Salman test Mahound?
3. What spiteful thing does Saladin begin doing to Gibreel and Allie?
4. What sign is given Baal that Mahound is returning to Jahilia?
5. What emotion becomes the undoing of Gibreel's and Allie's relationship?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)