|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What spiteful thing does Saladin begin doing to Gibreel and Allie?
(a) Making anonymous calls suggesting that Allie is having an affair.
(b) Putting false insormation about them in the newspapers.
(c) Letting the air out of their tires.
(d) Calling during the night but not saying anything.
2. What are Mahound's last words to Baal?
(a) I see no difference between whores and writers.
(b) Today you will meet Shaitan.
(c) Submit and save your miserable life.
(d) You cannot blaspheme after your head is cut off.
3. What sign is given Baal that Mahound is returning to Jahilia?
(a) Butterflies all turn black
(b) Cone Mountain shakes
(c) Gibreel hovering overhead
(d) A blood tear on the statue of Al-Lat
4. Now out of jail, what is Billy Battuta planning for Gibreel?
(a) A rock band tour
(b) A new temple
(c) An advertising campaign
(d) A movie comeback
5. Why is Dr. Simba arrested?
(a) He is accused of being the Granny Ripper Murderer.
(b) He is suspected of terrorism.
(c) He was standing at the wrong place in the wrong time.
(d) He owes back taxes.
6. What happens when Allie Cone looks at Saladin Chamcha?
(a) He sees that she is exactly like Pamela.
(b) He feels his hate for Gibreel transfer onto her.
(c) There is instant sexual tension.
(d) He falls madly in love with her.
7. On the radio in a taxi, who does Saladin hear speaking?
(a) Gibreel Farishta
(b) Eugene Dumsday
(c) Allie Cone
(d) Winston churchill
8. Who finally recognizes Baal at The Curtain?
(a) Abu Simbel
9. As Hind grows bolder, what is happening to Mahound?
(a) He is preparing to invade Egypt.
(b) He is dying of a fatal sickness.
(c) He is planning a trip to Jerusalem.
(d) He is visiting Gibreel every day.
10. The Satanic verses, multiple marriages, and either old or very young wives are all points of disagreement between what two people?
(a) Pamela and Allie
(b) Baal and Hind
(c) Salman and Mahound
(d) Gibreel and Saladin
11. How does Chamcha appear as he stands among the wreckage of the Hot Wax nightclub?
(a) His horns have growqn three feet.
(b) His face is all black.
(c) His goat feet are bigger than ever.
(d) He is back to normal.
12. What happens before Mahound will enter Jahilia?
(a) The Grandee is put to the sword.
(b) Khalid destroys the pagan temples.
(c) Hind comes begging for mercy.
(d) The water well is purified.
13. Who is Jumpy Joshi's star pupil at the martial arts academy?
(a) Billy Battuta
(b) Mishal Sufyan
(c) Robbie Williams
(d) Anahita sufyan
14. What does Pamela continue to say about Chamcha?
(a) He doesn't exist, such things are not so.
(b) Everyone is having halucinations.
(c) He is too ugly to be my husband.
(d) I have his death certificate in my hand.
15. Why does Saladin think there is no need for angels and demons?
(a) Men are demons and women are angels.
(b) He was no different as a demon.
(c) Neither of them a real.
(d) Man is both demonic and angelic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Saladin's return to his past life difficult?
2. What does Alicja Cone say to Allie about Gibreel?
3. What causes the rumor that Hind is using witchcraft?
4. How does Anahita Sufyan apologize for calling Chamcha a freak?
5. What is Hind doing for two years after her seclusion?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)