|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the girls of The Curtain are jailed, what makes the men afraid?
(a) They had sworn an oath that they never went to The Curtain.
(b) They all knew the names of the girls.
(c) They had violated the laws of segregation of the sexes.
(d) They do not know what may come into Mahound's mind.
2. What is the meaning of Uhuru Simba's name?
(a) Honor of the Lion
(b) Black is Beautiful
(c) Africans for Freedom
(d) Freedom for the Lion
3. How does Mirza Saeed meet his death?
(a) He dies of starvation at home, dreaming of going under the sea.
(b) He commits suicide after returning to an empty house.
(c) He suffers a fatal heart attack on the long trip back to Titilipur.
(d) He is killed by the villagers who remained in Titlipur.
4. When Aeysha proclaims the loss of life as punishment from God, Mirza Saeed retorts that they were all underground. What does Aeysha say?
(a) They dug their own graves.
(b) They should have gone to the sea.
(c) They should have climbed the mountain.
(d) They were trying to hide from God.
5. What does the Imam say about the foundling baby?
(a) It is the Devil's child.
(b) It is innocent of any sin.
(c) It has strange markings on it.
(d) It is just a baby.
6. Who is Jumpy Joshi's star pupil at the martial arts academy?
(a) Billy Battuta
(b) Robbie Williams
(c) Mishal Sufyan
(d) Anahita sufyan
7. How does Anahita Sufyan apologize for calling Chamcha a freak?
(a) She cries and gives him a kiss.
(b) She says it was wrong of her to speak.
(c) She says that she did not mean freak, she meant Greek.
(d) She says that he is not a freak, he just looks like one.
8. How does Salman test Mahound?
(a) He alters the words Mahound gives him to write, but Mahound never notices.
(b) He slips pork into Mahound's beef stew but nothing happens.
(c) He makes up new rules, writes them down, and Mahound thinks he did it himself.
(d) He puts meaningless words into the writing and Mahound thinks Gibreel put them there.
9. What are Mahound's last words to Baal?
(a) Today you will meet Shaitan.
(b) You cannot blaspheme after your head is cut off.
(c) I see no difference between whores and writers.
(d) Submit and save your miserable life.
10. What does Srinivas realize about Aeysha?
(a) She has the same face as the goddess Lakshmi.
(b) She cannot possibly be wrong.
(c) She can only sleep under a blanket of butterflies.
(d) She is connected to the Archangel Gibreel.
11. What does the Grandee do when Mahound and his followers arrive?
(a) He surrenders the city and embrases the faith.
(b) He falls on his own sword and dies.
(c) He hides under Hind's bed.
(d) He runs away to live in exile.
12. What do the Sufyan girls think might be going on with Chamcha?
(a) Because he is an actor, they think his appearance may just be makeup.
(b) They think he just has a hysterical deformity which will go away.
(c) They think he is projecting an image onto their minds.
(d) They think he will return to normal in the south of France.
13. What happens before Mahound will enter Jahilia?
(a) The Grandee is put to the sword.
(b) Hind comes begging for mercy.
(c) Khalid destroys the pagan temples.
(d) The water well is purified.
14. What sign is given Baal that Mahound is returning to Jahilia?
(a) Gibreel hovering overhead
(b) Cone Mountain shakes
(c) Butterflies all turn black
(d) A blood tear on the statue of Al-Lat
15. When Mahound's Aeysha becomes jealous of his dalliances, what does he do?
(a) He tells her the lies whe wants to hear.
(b) He makes her walk naked through the city.
(c) He threatens to have her sent to work at The Curtain.
(d) He goes into a trance and quotes the Archangel giving him orders to have many women.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the radio in a taxi, who does Saladin hear speaking?
2. What does Mahound learn just before he dies?
3. What two women begin to haunt Saladin's dreams?
4. How does Allie become very successful?
5. What do all the people accept as a miracle after the rains stop?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)