|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What halts progress on Gibreel's film?
(a) The script is rejected and they have to start over.
(b) There is a fire on the sound stage.
(c) Billy and Mimi are arrested again in New York.
(d) Billy cannot raise the money.
2. What does Gibreel shout out in John Maslama's music store?
(a) I am the Defender of the Faith!
(b) I am the voice of the Prophet!
(c) I am the right hand of God!
(d) I am the Angel of Death!
3. What is Chamcha's dream from the old days?
(a) Teaching his son to ride a bicycle.
(b) Marrying a princess.
(c) Learning how to play the sitar.
(d) Living in an ivory palace.
4. What has Hal Valance done to Chamcha?
(a) Made love to Pamela, Chamcha's wife.
(b) Stolen his money.
(c) Fired him.
(d) Turned him in to the police.
5. Who hits Jumpy over the head with an oar?
6. What makes Saladin's return to his past life difficult?
(b) Red tape
7. Where do Mishal, Hanif, and Pinkwalla take Chamcha after they leave the Hot Wax nightclub?
(a) To his former home.
(b) To the movie studio.
(c) To the bank.
(d) To Buckingham Palace.
8. How does Salman test Mahound?
(a) He makes up new rules, writes them down, and Mahound thinks he did it himself.
(b) He slips pork into Mahound's beef stew but nothing happens.
(c) He alters the words Mahound gives him to write, but Mahound never notices.
(d) He puts meaningless words into the writing and Mahound thinks Gibreel put them there.
9. What does Srinivas realize about Aeysha?
(a) She cannot possibly be wrong.
(b) She has the same face as the goddess Lakshmi.
(c) She can only sleep under a blanket of butterflies.
(d) She is connected to the Archangel Gibreel.
10. What assurance does Jumpy need to go into Pamela's bedroom?
(a) Permission from Chamcha
(b) That Chamcha will not see him
(c) That Chamcha is out of town
(d) A copy of Pamela's divorce papers
11. How is Baal disguised by the madam of The Curtain brothel?
(a) His skin and hair are dyed blue black like a djinn.
(b) He is plastered to look like a leper.
(c) He is dressed as a woman.
(d) He is painted white and stands like a statue.
12. When Mahound's Aeysha becomes jealous of his dalliances, what does he do?
(a) He goes into a trance and quotes the Archangel giving him orders to have many women.
(b) He threatens to have her sent to work at The Curtain.
(c) He makes her walk naked through the city.
(d) He tells her the lies whe wants to hear.
13. Angry at Saeed, Ayesha says that those who listen to the devil's verses will go to the devil. What does Mirza Saeed answer?
(a) It is a choice between the devil and the deep blue sea.
(b) How do we know you're not the devil?
(c) Those who live by the sword will die by the sword.
(d) At least with the devil, you're dry.
14. What happens before Mahound will enter Jahilia?
(a) The water well is purified.
(b) Khalid destroys the pagan temples.
(c) The Grandee is put to the sword.
(d) Hind comes begging for mercy.
15. Now out of jail, what is Billy Battuta planning for Gibreel?
(a) A rock band tour
(b) A movie comeback
(c) A new temple
(d) An advertising campaign
Short Answer Questions
1. What do all the people accept as a miracle after the rains stop?
2. How does business suddenly boom at The Curtain?
3. Who finally recognizes Baal at The Curtain?
4. What are Mahound's last words to Baal?
5. What happens when Allie Cone looks at Saladin Chamcha?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)