|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Allie become very successful?
(a) Marketing her line of sports clothing for women.
(b) She makes three movies back to back.
(c) Going on talk show to talk about Gibreel.
(d) Writing a book about Gibreel, the man who fell to earth.
2. In his dream, what do the look-alike Hyacinths call Chamcha?
(a) Satan, the Goat
(b) A grade B actor
(c) An imposter
(d) An archangel
3. At the party, seeing London at Gibreel's feet, what happens to Chamcha?
(a) He begins to feel ill.
(b) He gets lost in the crowd.
(c) He feels the return of hate.
(d) He is happy for his fellow Indian.
4. What happens before Mahound will enter Jahilia?
(a) The Grandee is put to the sword.
(b) Hind comes begging for mercy.
(c) Khalid destroys the pagan temples.
(d) The water well is purified.
5. What happens when Allie Cone looks at Saladin Chamcha?
(a) He falls madly in love with her.
(b) He feels his hate for Gibreel transfer onto her.
(c) There is instant sexual tension.
(d) He sees that she is exactly like Pamela.
6. When Aeysha proclaims the loss of life as punishment from God, Mirza Saeed retorts that they were all underground. What does Aeysha say?
(a) They should have climbed the mountain.
(b) They should have gone to the sea.
(c) They dug their own graves.
(d) They were trying to hide from God.
7. When Mahound's Aeysha becomes jealous of his dalliances, what does he do?
(a) He makes her walk naked through the city.
(b) He tells her the lies whe wants to hear.
(c) He goes into a trance and quotes the Archangel giving him orders to have many women.
(d) He threatens to have her sent to work at The Curtain.
8. Now out of jail, what is Billy Battuta planning for Gibreel?
(a) An advertising campaign
(b) A rock band tour
(c) A movie comeback
(d) A new temple
9. How does Mirza Saeed meet his death?
(a) He is killed by the villagers who remained in Titlipur.
(b) He suffers a fatal heart attack on the long trip back to Titilipur.
(c) He dies of starvation at home, dreaming of going under the sea.
(d) He commits suicide after returning to an empty house.
10. What must happen before a Prophet can die?
(a) He must pass though the fires of hell.
(b) He must be shown Paradise and make a choice of heaven or longer life.
(c) He must be purified with clean water and dressed in white linen.
(d) He must sit facing the east and wait for death to come.
11. What does Alicja Cone say to Allie about Gibreel?
(a) He is a con artist.
(b) He probably never made a movie.
(c) He will be too famous.
(d) He is not in your league.
12. Who finally recognizes Baal at The Curtain?
(a) Abu Simbel
13. What conclusion do the miners reach when the great flood comes?
(a) That Aeysha was a powerful magician
(b) That God had taken the side of Aeysha
(c) That the butterflies had turned into rain
(d) That they must double their opposition to Aeysha
14. Why is Dr. Simba arrested?
(a) He owes back taxes.
(b) He is accused of being the Granny Ripper Murderer.
(c) He is suspected of terrorism.
(d) He was standing at the wrong place in the wrong time.
15. How does Salman test Mahound?
(a) He puts meaningless words into the writing and Mahound thinks Gibreel put them there.
(b) He alters the words Mahound gives him to write, but Mahound never notices.
(c) He makes up new rules, writes them down, and Mahound thinks he did it himself.
(d) He slips pork into Mahound's beef stew but nothing happens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hind doing for two years after her seclusion?
2. What do all the people accept as a miracle after the rains stop?
3. What makes Saladin's return to his past life difficult?
4. Why does Saladin think there is no need for angels and demons?
5. What was the tragedy of the flood?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)