|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Saladin's return to his past life difficult?
(b) Red tape
2. Who finally recognizes Baal at The Curtain?
(d) Abu Simbel
3. What happens to the butterflies?
(a) They suddenly vanish.
(b) They form a circle around the pilgrims.
(c) They turn black.
(d) They stop changing colors.
4. When Aeysha proclaims the loss of life as punishment from God, Mirza Saeed retorts that they were all underground. What does Aeysha say?
(a) They should have gone to the sea.
(b) They should have climbed the mountain.
(c) They were trying to hide from God.
(d) They dug their own graves.
5. Angry at Saeed, Ayesha says that those who listen to the devil's verses will go to the devil. What does Mirza Saeed answer?
(a) Those who live by the sword will die by the sword.
(b) At least with the devil, you're dry.
(c) It is a choice between the devil and the deep blue sea.
(d) How do we know you're not the devil?
6. What happens as Aeysha walks toward the protesters trying to stop the pilgrims?
(a) Aeysha grows as tall as a tree.
(b) Someone throws a stone at Aeysha.
(c) It comes a downpour of rain.
(d) Lightning strikes the protest leader.
7. Why is Dr. Simba arrested?
(a) He was standing at the wrong place in the wrong time.
(b) He is accused of being the Granny Ripper Murderer.
(c) He owes back taxes.
(d) He is suspected of terrorism.
8. What is the meaning of Uhuru Simba's name?
(a) Freedom for the Lion
(b) Black is Beautiful
(c) Africans for Freedom
(d) Honor of the Lion
9. Who recognizes Aeysha in the village of Chatnapatna?
(a) Mrs. Qureishi
(c) The Vishna Hindu Parishad
(d) The Station Head Officer
10. What halts progress on Gibreel's film?
(a) There is a fire on the sound stage.
(b) Billy cannot raise the money.
(c) Billy and Mimi are arrested again in New York.
(d) The script is rejected and they have to start over.
11. What activity is occupying Pamela's time?
(a) Holding seances to speak with the dea.
(b) Writing a novel about her experience with Chamcha.
(c) Learning to climb mountains.
(d) Investigating allegations of witchcraft among the police.
12. What happens when Aeysha agrees with the Imam?
(a) Mishal asks for the baby.
(b) Mirza Saeed snatches the baby out of the Iman's arms.
(c) The baby is stoned to death.
(d) The people turn against the Imam and Aeysha.
13. What does Alicja Cone say to Allie about Gibreel?
(a) He is a con artist.
(b) He is not in your league.
(c) He will be too famous.
(d) He probably never made a movie.
14. What conclusion do the miners reach when the great flood comes?
(a) That Aeysha was a powerful magician
(b) That the butterflies had turned into rain
(c) That they must double their opposition to Aeysha
(d) That God had taken the side of Aeysha
15. What emotion becomes the undoing of Gibreel's and Allie's relationship?
(a) Gibreel's passion for cooking
(b) Allie's love of mountain climbing
(c) Gibreel's unjustified jealousy
(d) Allie's desire for excellence
Short Answer Questions
1. What spiteful thing does Saladin begin doing to Gibreel and Allie?
2. What does Jumpy Joshi think Chamcha, now transformed with horns and goat feet, needs to begin changing back into a man?
3. How does Mirza Saeed meet his death?
4. Now out of jail, what is Billy Battuta planning for Gibreel?
5. On the radio in a taxi, who does Saladin hear speaking?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)