|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hits Jumpy over the head with an oar?
2. Although Sufyan and Hind now live in a four-storey terraced house, what does she long for?
(a) The village life in Bangladesh.
(b) The humble teacher's flat in Dhaka.
(c) A cottage in Ireland.
(d) A smaller house, easier to keep clean.
3. What does Mahound learn just before he dies?
(a) Gibreel is really an actor.
(b) Al-Lat caused his sickness.
(c) Hind committed suicide.
(d) Khalid poisoned him.
4. Where do Mishal, Hanif, and Pinkwalla take Chamcha after they leave the Hot Wax nightclub?
(a) To Buckingham Palace.
(b) To the bank.
(c) To the movie studio.
(d) To his former home.
5. What do the Sufyan girls think might be going on with Chamcha?
(a) They think he just has a hysterical deformity which will go away.
(b) They think he is projecting an image onto their minds.
(c) They think he will return to normal in the south of France.
(d) Because he is an actor, they think his appearance may just be makeup.
6. Why does Saladin think there is no need for angels and demons?
(a) Men are demons and women are angels.
(b) Man is both demonic and angelic.
(c) Neither of them a real.
(d) He was no different as a demon.
7. How does Anahita Sufyan apologize for calling Chamcha a freak?
(a) She says it was wrong of her to speak.
(b) She says that she did not mean freak, she meant Greek.
(c) She cries and gives him a kiss.
(d) She says that he is not a freak, he just looks like one.
8. Why is Dr. Simba arrested?
(a) He owes back taxes.
(b) He is suspected of terrorism.
(c) He is accused of being the Granny Ripper Murderer.
(d) He was standing at the wrong place in the wrong time.
9. What happens as Aeysha walks toward the protesters trying to stop the pilgrims?
(a) Someone throws a stone at Aeysha.
(b) It comes a downpour of rain.
(c) Lightning strikes the protest leader.
(d) Aeysha grows as tall as a tree.
10. What happens when Aeysha agrees with the Imam?
(a) Mishal asks for the baby.
(b) Mirza Saeed snatches the baby out of the Iman's arms.
(c) The baby is stoned to death.
(d) The people turn against the Imam and Aeysha.
11. How does Hind save her life?
(a) She becomes Mahound's wife.
(b) She disguises herself as a peasant.
(c) Veiled, she kisses Mahound's foot and says the words of Submission.
(d) He agrees to have Mahound sleep in her bed.
12. The Satanic verses, multiple marriages, and either old or very young wives are all points of disagreement between what two people?
(a) Gibreel and Saladin
(b) Salman and Mahound
(c) Pamela and Allie
(d) Baal and Hind
13. On the radio in a taxi, who does Saladin hear speaking?
(a) Eugene Dumsday
(b) Winston churchill
(c) Gibreel Farishta
(d) Allie Cone
14. Angry at Saeed, Ayesha says that those who listen to the devil's verses will go to the devil. What does Mirza Saeed answer?
(a) At least with the devil, you're dry.
(b) Those who live by the sword will die by the sword.
(c) It is a choice between the devil and the deep blue sea.
(d) How do we know you're not the devil?
15. What does the Imam say about the foundling baby?
(a) It is just a baby.
(b) It has strange markings on it.
(c) It is the Devil's child.
(d) It is innocent of any sin.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Sufyan's wife, Hind, assume that her husband agrees with her?
2. How does Salman test Mahound?
3. What does the Grandee do when Mahound and his followers arrive?
4. How does Allie become very successful?
5. What must happen before a Prophet can die?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)