|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Billy Battuta and Mimi in New York?
(a) The are accused of spying by the FBI.
(b) They are denied a visa.
(c) They are arrested for passing a bad check.
(d) They are suspected of being terrorists.
2. What spiteful thing does Saladin begin doing to Gibreel and Allie?
(a) Putting false insormation about them in the newspapers.
(b) Letting the air out of their tires.
(c) Calling during the night but not saying anything.
(d) Making anonymous calls suggesting that Allie is having an affair.
3. Why does Saladin think there is no need for angels and demons?
(a) Man is both demonic and angelic.
(b) He was no different as a demon.
(c) Men are demons and women are angels.
(d) Neither of them a real.
4. What has Hind upset at the Shaandaar Bed and Breakfast?
(a) She sees Hanif Johnson coming out of her daughter's, Mishal's, room.
(b) She hears Chamcha clomping around on his goat feet.
(c) She catches her husband with Mimi.
(d) She learns that chamcha has lost his job.
5. Why is Dr. Simba arrested?
(a) He is accused of being the Granny Ripper Murderer.
(b) He is suspected of terrorism.
(c) He was standing at the wrong place in the wrong time.
(d) He owes back taxes.
6. Now out of jail, what is Billy Battuta planning for Gibreel?
(a) A rock band tour
(b) An advertising campaign
(c) A movie comeback
(d) A new temple
7. Who hits Jumpy over the head with an oar?
8. What does Mr. Qureishi offer his daughter, Mishal?
(a) To carry her on his back
(b) To send for a doctor
(c) To fly her to Mecca
(d) To allow her to continue her march
9. What are Mahound's last words to Baal?
(a) You cannot blaspheme after your head is cut off.
(b) Today you will meet Shaitan.
(c) I see no difference between whores and writers.
(d) Submit and save your miserable life.
10. About what does Sufyan's wife, Hind, assume that her husband agrees with her?
(a) That their daughters should not see Chamcha
(b) That sex is a dirty business
(c) That Chamcha is a freak
(d) That Chamcha is Shaitan himself
11. What assurance does Jumpy need to go into Pamela's bedroom?
(a) That Chamcha will not see him
(b) That Chamcha is out of town
(c) A copy of Pamela's divorce papers
(d) Permission from Chamcha
12. What is the meaning of Uhuru Simba's name?
(a) Africans for Freedom
(b) Freedom for the Lion
(c) Honor of the Lion
(d) Black is Beautiful
13. As Hind grows bolder, what is happening to Mahound?
(a) He is visiting Gibreel every day.
(b) He is preparing to invade Egypt.
(c) He is planning a trip to Jerusalem.
(d) He is dying of a fatal sickness.
14. How does Chamcha appear as he stands among the wreckage of the Hot Wax nightclub?
(a) He is back to normal.
(b) His goat feet are bigger than ever.
(c) His horns have growqn three feet.
(d) His face is all black.
15. How does Anahita Sufyan apologize for calling Chamcha a freak?
(a) She says that he is not a freak, he just looks like one.
(b) She cries and gives him a kiss.
(c) She says it was wrong of her to speak.
(d) She says that she did not mean freak, she meant Greek.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Aeysha agrees with the Imam?
2. What causes the rumor that Hind is using witchcraft?
3. How does Mirza Saeed meet his death?
4. After the girls of The Curtain are jailed, what makes the men afraid?
5. How does Allie become very successful?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)