|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Mishal, Hanif, and Pinkwalla take Chamcha after they leave the Hot Wax nightclub?
(a) To his former home.
(b) To the bank.
(c) To the movie studio.
(d) To Buckingham Palace.
2. What has Hind upset at the Shaandaar Bed and Breakfast?
(a) She sees Hanif Johnson coming out of her daughter's, Mishal's, room.
(b) She learns that chamcha has lost his job.
(c) She hears Chamcha clomping around on his goat feet.
(d) She catches her husband with Mimi.
3. Now out of jail, what is Billy Battuta planning for Gibreel?
(a) A new temple
(b) A movie comeback
(c) A rock band tour
(d) An advertising campaign
4. What are Mahound's last words to Baal?
(a) Submit and save your miserable life.
(b) Today you will meet Shaitan.
(c) I see no difference between whores and writers.
(d) You cannot blaspheme after your head is cut off.
5. What activity is occupying Pamela's time?
(a) Investigating allegations of witchcraft among the police.
(b) Holding seances to speak with the dea.
(c) Learning to climb mountains.
(d) Writing a novel about her experience with Chamcha.
6. The Satanic verses, multiple marriages, and either old or very young wives are all points of disagreement between what two people?
(a) Pamela and Allie
(b) Gibreel and Saladin
(c) Salman and Mahound
(d) Baal and Hind
7. What does the Grandee do when Mahound and his followers arrive?
(a) He runs away to live in exile.
(b) He falls on his own sword and dies.
(c) He hides under Hind's bed.
(d) He surrenders the city and embrases the faith.
8. What do all the people accept as a miracle after the rains stop?
(a) The butterflies return.
(b) Aeysha's sari turns to gold.
(c) The sun immediately dries the land.
(d) No one has been harmed in the flood.
9. What must happen before a Prophet can die?
(a) He must sit facing the east and wait for death to come.
(b) He must pass though the fires of hell.
(c) He must be purified with clean water and dressed in white linen.
(d) He must be shown Paradise and make a choice of heaven or longer life.
10. What has Hal Valance done to Chamcha?
(a) Made love to Pamela, Chamcha's wife.
(b) Turned him in to the police.
(c) Fired him.
(d) Stolen his money.
11. What does Pamela continue to say about Chamcha?
(a) He is too ugly to be my husband.
(b) I have his death certificate in my hand.
(c) Everyone is having halucinations.
(d) He doesn't exist, such things are not so.
12. What happens to the butterflies?
(a) They stop changing colors.
(b) They turn black.
(c) They form a circle around the pilgrims.
(d) They suddenly vanish.
13. What emotion becomes the undoing of Gibreel's and Allie's relationship?
(a) Allie's desire for excellence
(b) Allie's love of mountain climbing
(c) Gibreel's unjustified jealousy
(d) Gibreel's passion for cooking
14. What does Srinivas realize about Aeysha?
(a) She can only sleep under a blanket of butterflies.
(b) She is connected to the Archangel Gibreel.
(c) She cannot possibly be wrong.
(d) She has the same face as the goddess Lakshmi.
15. What does Anahita call her parents' native land?
(b) Scandal Point
(d) Hindu Hills
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gibreel shout out in John Maslama's music store?
2. How does business suddenly boom at The Curtain?
3. How does Salman test Mahound?
4. Why does Saladin think there is no need for angels and demons?
5. On the radio in a taxi, who does Saladin hear speaking?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)