|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What spiteful thing does Saladin begin doing to Gibreel and Allie?
(a) Letting the air out of their tires.
(b) Putting false insormation about them in the newspapers.
(c) Calling during the night but not saying anything.
(d) Making anonymous calls suggesting that Allie is having an affair.
2. At the party, seeing London at Gibreel's feet, what happens to Chamcha?
(a) He gets lost in the crowd.
(b) He feels the return of hate.
(c) He is happy for his fellow Indian.
(d) He begins to feel ill.
3. What makes Saladin's return to his past life difficult?
(d) Red tape
4. What conclusion do the miners reach when the great flood comes?
(a) That Aeysha was a powerful magician
(b) That they must double their opposition to Aeysha
(c) That the butterflies had turned into rain
(d) That God had taken the side of Aeysha
5. In his dream, what do the look-alike Hyacinths call Chamcha?
(a) A grade B actor
(b) An archangel
(c) Satan, the Goat
(d) An imposter
6. What does Mahound learn just before he dies?
(a) Al-Lat caused his sickness.
(b) Khalid poisoned him.
(c) Gibreel is really an actor.
(d) Hind committed suicide.
7. What does Pamela continue to say about Chamcha?
(a) Everyone is having halucinations.
(b) He doesn't exist, such things are not so.
(c) I have his death certificate in my hand.
(d) He is too ugly to be my husband.
8. As Hind grows bolder, what is happening to Mahound?
(a) He is dying of a fatal sickness.
(b) He is preparing to invade Egypt.
(c) He is planning a trip to Jerusalem.
(d) He is visiting Gibreel every day.
9. What was the tragedy of the flood?
(a) All the houses were flattened.
(b) Most of the children had drowned.
(c) The crops were all destroyed.
(d) Fifteen thousand miners were buried alive in the mines.
10. What do all the people accept as a miracle after the rains stop?
(a) The butterflies return.
(b) The sun immediately dries the land.
(c) Aeysha's sari turns to gold.
(d) No one has been harmed in the flood.
11. Why do the villagers not turn back as they wade deeper and deeper into the sea?
(a) They have been drugged by Aeysha.
(b) They think that only the open believers will not be harmed by the water.
(c) They have all been hypnotized by the angel.
(d) They are too proud to return to scorn.
12. What happens when Allie Cone looks at Saladin Chamcha?
(a) There is instant sexual tension.
(b) He feels his hate for Gibreel transfer onto her.
(c) He falls madly in love with her.
(d) He sees that she is exactly like Pamela.
13. What does Chamcha do in his apartment?
(a) Watch TV.
(b) Kill Pamela.
(c) Break up the furniture.
(d) Make phone calls.
14. What has Hal Valance done to Chamcha?
(a) Turned him in to the police.
(b) Made love to Pamela, Chamcha's wife.
(c) Fired him.
(d) Stolen his money.
15. What causes the rumor that Hind is using witchcraft?
(a) She starts collecting brooms and caldrons.
(b) She dresses all in black.
(c) She is always accompanied by a black cat.
(d) She does not appear to age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sign is given Baal that Mahound is returning to Jahilia?
2. What does the Grandee do when Mahound and his followers arrive?
3. How does Salman test Mahound?
4. What is Chamcha's dream from the old days?
5. Who throws a party on a giant sound stage at Shepperton Studios?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)