|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Aeysha agrees with the Imam?
(a) Mishal asks for the baby.
(b) The baby is stoned to death.
(c) Mirza Saeed snatches the baby out of the Iman's arms.
(d) The people turn against the Imam and Aeysha.
2. What assurance does Jumpy need to go into Pamela's bedroom?
(a) That Chamcha is out of town
(b) Permission from Chamcha
(c) That Chamcha will not see him
(d) A copy of Pamela's divorce papers
3. What makes Saladin's return to his past life difficult?
(b) Red tape
4. What causes the rumor that Hind is using witchcraft?
(a) She is always accompanied by a black cat.
(b) She does not appear to age.
(c) She dresses all in black.
(d) She starts collecting brooms and caldrons.
5. What does the Grandee do when Mahound and his followers arrive?
(a) He runs away to live in exile.
(b) He falls on his own sword and dies.
(c) He hides under Hind's bed.
(d) He surrenders the city and embrases the faith.
6. What does Alicja Cone say to Allie about Gibreel?
(a) He will be too famous.
(b) He is not in your league.
(c) He is a con artist.
(d) He probably never made a movie.
7. Who hits Jumpy over the head with an oar?
8. As Hind grows bolder, what is happening to Mahound?
(a) He is preparing to invade Egypt.
(b) He is planning a trip to Jerusalem.
(c) He is visiting Gibreel every day.
(d) He is dying of a fatal sickness.
9. What conclusion do the miners reach when the great flood comes?
(a) That they must double their opposition to Aeysha
(b) That God had taken the side of Aeysha
(c) That Aeysha was a powerful magician
(d) That the butterflies had turned into rain
10. What do all the people accept as a miracle after the rains stop?
(a) No one has been harmed in the flood.
(b) Aeysha's sari turns to gold.
(c) The butterflies return.
(d) The sun immediately dries the land.
11. What emotion becomes the undoing of Gibreel's and Allie's relationship?
(a) Allie's love of mountain climbing
(b) Allie's desire for excellence
(c) Gibreel's passion for cooking
(d) Gibreel's unjustified jealousy
12. How does Chamcha appear as he stands among the wreckage of the Hot Wax nightclub?
(a) He is back to normal.
(b) His horns have growqn three feet.
(c) His goat feet are bigger than ever.
(d) His face is all black.
13. What decreases along with the disappearance of Chamcha's horns and hooves?
(a) His animosity toward Gibreel.
(b) His desires.
(c) His dreams.
(d) His singing.
14. What does Mahound learn just before he dies?
(a) Gibreel is really an actor.
(b) Hind committed suicide.
(c) Khalid poisoned him.
(d) Al-Lat caused his sickness.
15. Angry at Saeed, Ayesha says that those who listen to the devil's verses will go to the devil. What does Mirza Saeed answer?
(a) Those who live by the sword will die by the sword.
(b) It is a choice between the devil and the deep blue sea.
(c) How do we know you're not the devil?
(d) At least with the devil, you're dry.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the girls of The Curtain are jailed, what makes the men afraid?
2. When Aeysha proclaims the loss of life as punishment from God, Mirza Saeed retorts that they were all underground. What does Aeysha say?
3. Why does Saladin think there is no need for angels and demons?
4. Where do Mishal, Hanif, and Pinkwalla take Chamcha after they leave the Hot Wax nightclub?
5. What was the tragedy of the flood?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)