|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does business suddenly boom at The Curtain?
(a) former priestesses of Al-Lat come to join the whores of The Curtain.
(b) Mahound takes to coming there every day with his closest friends.
(c) Hind takes over the operation and brings in new girls.
(d) The twelve whores assume the names of Mahound's twelve wives.
2. Why does Saladin think there is no need for angels and demons?
(a) Men are demons and women are angels.
(b) Man is both demonic and angelic.
(c) He was no different as a demon.
(d) Neither of them a real.
3. What does Srinivas realize about Aeysha?
(a) She can only sleep under a blanket of butterflies.
(b) She is connected to the Archangel Gibreel.
(c) She has the same face as the goddess Lakshmi.
(d) She cannot possibly be wrong.
4. The Satanic verses, multiple marriages, and either old or very young wives are all points of disagreement between what two people?
(a) Baal and Hind
(b) Salman and Mahound
(c) Pamela and Allie
(d) Gibreel and Saladin
5. How does Chamcha appear as he stands among the wreckage of the Hot Wax nightclub?
(a) He is back to normal.
(b) His face is all black.
(c) His goat feet are bigger than ever.
(d) His horns have growqn three feet.
6. How does Hind save her life?
(a) Veiled, she kisses Mahound's foot and says the words of Submission.
(b) He agrees to have Mahound sleep in her bed.
(c) She disguises herself as a peasant.
(d) She becomes Mahound's wife.
7. Now out of jail, what is Billy Battuta planning for Gibreel?
(a) A rock band tour
(b) A new temple
(c) A movie comeback
(d) An advertising campaign
8. When Mahound's Aeysha becomes jealous of his dalliances, what does he do?
(a) He threatens to have her sent to work at The Curtain.
(b) He goes into a trance and quotes the Archangel giving him orders to have many women.
(c) He tells her the lies whe wants to hear.
(d) He makes her walk naked through the city.
9. What sign is given Baal that Mahound is returning to Jahilia?
(a) Gibreel hovering overhead
(b) Butterflies all turn black
(c) Cone Mountain shakes
(d) A blood tear on the statue of Al-Lat
10. What activity is occupying Pamela's time?
(a) Writing a novel about her experience with Chamcha.
(b) Holding seances to speak with the dea.
(c) Learning to climb mountains.
(d) Investigating allegations of witchcraft among the police.
11. What does Chamcha do in his apartment?
(a) Make phone calls.
(b) Kill Pamela.
(c) Watch TV.
(d) Break up the furniture.
12. What happens to the wife of Sarpanch Muhammad Din, an old woman on the march?
(a) She becomes young again.
(b) She kisses Gibreel.
(c) She dies.
(d) She starts collecting butterflies.
13. What offer does Mirza Saeed make Aeysha as the people turn against her?
(a) To bring in doctors to help the sick.
(b) To order boats to take them across the sea.
(c) To build her a new mosque in Titlipur.
(d) To fly twenve of the pilgrims to Mecca.
14. What conclusion do the miners reach when the great flood comes?
(a) That Aeysha was a powerful magician
(b) That God had taken the side of Aeysha
(c) That they must double their opposition to Aeysha
(d) That the butterflies had turned into rain
15. In his dream, what do the look-alike Hyacinths call Chamcha?
(a) Satan, the Goat
(b) A grade B actor
(c) An imposter
(d) An archangel
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the butterflies?
2. What must happen before a Prophet can die?
3. What becomes an obsession with Mahound at Tathrib oasis?
4. Who is Jumpy Joshi's star pupil at the martial arts academy?
5. Who hits Jumpy over the head with an oar?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)