|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Saladin's explanation for their survival?
(a) That it is all a dream
(b) That it was nothing out of the ordinary
(c) That God was with them
(d) That they were lucky
2. What is the flight number that blows up with Gibreel and Chamcha aboard?
(a) AA 135
(b) PanAm 108
3. When the Imam summons Gibreel, the Archangel, where does he demand to be taken?
4. What difficulty does Gibreel have in getting out of Rosa's house?
(a) He trips on the stairs.
(b) His legs are unsteady.
(c) Rosa wakes up and holds onto him.
(d) He cannot unlock the door.
5. How does Osman explain to the villager that Aeysha disappeared without his seeing where she went.
(a) He says a wind blew dust in his eyes.
(b) He says she gave him something to make him sleep.
(c) He says she left in the middle of the night.
(d) He says she sent him on an errand and was gone when he returned.
6. What is the name of the jumbo jet that explodes?
7. What does Gibreel say when he wakes up?
(a) Did you see that?
(b) Where are we?
(c) Born again.
(d) Who am I?
8. What occupation do Gibreel and Chamcha have in common?
(a) They are accountants.
(b) The are writers.
(c) They are actors.
(d) They are religious clerics.
9. What follows the repudiation of the goddesses?
(a) A blood bath that kills all of Mahound's followers
(b) A policy of persecution against Mahound's followers
(c) Hind forgives him and takes him to her bed.
(d) Hamza is arrested and stoned to death.
10. In his dream, what is the new name his mother gives him?
(c) Changez Two
11. Why does Hamza insist that Mahound return to the mountain?
(a) To see if he was talking to Shaitan instead of Gibreel
(b) To straighten himself out
(c) To get the truth from the Archangel
(d) To argue with Allah
12. What does the Grandee, Abu Simbel, want from the satirist Baal?
(a) Some satirical poetry making fun of Mahound
(b) To withdraw from the poetry contest
(c) A peom dedicated to the Grandee
(d) For him to stop visiting his wife, Hind
13. After the fall, what happens to Saladin's breath?
(a) It smells like flowers.
(b) Saladin no longer needs to breathe.
(c) It becomes very bad like Gibreel's was before.
(d) It smells of burning wood.
14. How does Hind taunt Mahound?
(a) She says he can kill the Grandee and be her husband.
(b) She calls Lat, Uzza, and Manat his new angels.
(c) She tells him he is a poor lover.
(d) She says he is acting out of craftiness.
15. How does Gibreel finally manage to pin Mahound down in the wrestling match?
(a) It is what Mahound wants.
(b) Gibreel strikes Mahound blind.
(c) The afreet come and help him.
(d) Mahound gets sleepy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the police come for Saladin?
2. What does Inspector Lime refuse to admit he saw when he looked up at Gibreel?
3. Why does Mishal spend so much time with Aeysha?
4. What is beside Gibreel's ear when he wakes up on the beach?
5. What is Mirza's doubt about sending Mishal back to the purdah?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)