|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mirza's doubt about sending Mishal back to the purdah?
(a) That Mishal might get bored and leave
(b) That his mother-in-law would not approve of his modesty
(c) That he might be planning to seduce the girl Aeysha
(d) That Misahl would take up with another man and kill him
2. What is the flight number that blows up with Gibreel and Chamcha aboard?
(a) PanAm 108
(b) AA 135
3. How does Gibreel finally manage to pin Mahound down in the wrestling match?
(a) Mahound gets sleepy.
(b) Gibreel strikes Mahound blind.
(c) The afreet come and help him.
(d) It is what Mahound wants.
4. Where is the Archangel Gibreel after all the followers of Mahound leave the city?
(a) Back home in his bed in London.
(b) In heaven discussing everything with Allah.
(c) On the mountain being attacked by Lat, Ussa, and Manat.
(d) Flying around trying to find Mahound.
5. What mischievous thing is Gibreel doing in his dream?
(a) Throwing water on passing strangers
(b) Inviting untouchables to dinner
(c) Drawing graffiti on the walls
(d) Putting Muslim meat in Hindu tiffins
6. What verses does Mahound receive in meeting with Gibreel?
(a) The verses condemning Abu Simbel and hind
(b) The Archangel Verses direct from Allah
(c) Verses to answer Baal's satires
(d) The Satanic verses, accepting Lat, Uzza, and Manat
7. What is Gibreel doing as he falls through the air?
(c) Trying to fly
8. How many survivors are there from the explosion?
9. What has Rekha forgotten now that she is dead?
(a) Who Gibreel is
(b) How to forgive
(c) What her name was
(d) How she died
10. Why is Saladin covered with a thin sheet of ice?
(a) He is perspiring.
(b) He landed in the water.
(c) He broke the ice.
(d) He is crying.
11. Who does Saladin think the old woman with the cane is?
(b) The Angel of Death
(c) The Archangel Gibreel
12. What does the specter of Dr. Babington say as he fades into the moonlight?
(a) Whatever the English think, there are better cultures.
(b) Wherever the English settle, they never leave England.
(c) Whatever the english bring with them, they always take away.
(d) Wherever the English go, death is not far behind.
13. What does Mishal tell her husband about the girl?
(a) That she comes from Mecca
(b) That she has relatives in the village
(c) That she has six fingers on one hand
(d) That her name is Aeysha
14. How does Mahound see the Archangel Gibreel in the cave?
(a) As hovering over him, flapping his wings
(b) As standing in a fiery bush
(c) As being connected to him by a golden umbilical cord
(d) As a half man, half horse
15. What is Gibreel wearing when he comes down Rosa's stairs to see what is going on?
(a) A bathrobe and fuzzy slippers
(b) A maroon smoking jacket and jodhpurs
(c) A white tuxedo
(d) A white bed sheet
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hamza do that causes Hind to set her mind on revenge?
2. Where does Mahound go after he leaves Hind's chambers?
3. What does Gibreel feel is holding him at Rosa's house?
4. What does Abu Simbel want from Mahound?
5. What does Inspector Lime refuse to admit he saw when he looked up at Gibreel?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)