|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cliche does Abu Simbel believe is not true?
(a) The pen is mightier than the sword
(b) Love is neverhaving to say you're sorry
(c) A stitch in time saves nine
(d) A penny saved is a penny earned
2. What is Gibreel doing that slows down their descent?
(a) Using his jacket as a parachutte
(b) Swimming in air
(c) Flapping his arms
(d) Holding onto a pelican
3. What happens to Gibreel's breath after he falls to earth?
(a) It begins to smell like lilacs.
(b) It ceases to smell bad.
(c) It gets worse than before.
(d) It is knocked out of him.
4. What is Hamza's objection to accepting Lat, Uzza, and Manat as equal with Allah?
(a) They require human sacrifice.
(b) They are only statues.
(c) They have funny names.
(d) They are all females.
5. What happens when he finally calls Pamela to let her know he's alive?
(a) A man answers.
(b) The phone has been disconnected.
(c) She faints.
(d) Pamela hangs up on him.
6. What proof do the police offer that Saladin is the man they are looking for?
(a) He has no proper identification.
(b) His eyes glow red.
(c) His lumps have grown into sharp horns.
(d) His breath smells of death.
7. Where does Rosa tell Gibreel she went as a young bride?
(d) The Caribbean
8. What occurs in Gibreel's dream as Mahound returns to the mountain?
(a) He and Mahound are wrestling naked.
(b) He talks to God who tells him what to say.
(c) He changes Mahound into a donkey.
(d) Mahound tries to kill him.
9. What is Saladin's explanation for their survival?
(a) That it is all a dream
(b) That it was nothing out of the ordinary
(c) That they were lucky
(d) That God was with them
10. When the Imam summons Gibreel, the Archangel, where does he demand to be taken?
11. What does Mishal tell her husband about the girl?
(a) That she has six fingers on one hand
(b) That she comes from Mecca
(c) That her name is Aeysha
(d) That she has relatives in the village
12. What news does the Archangel give Aeysha about her friend Mishal?
(a) That she has been chosen by Saladin
(b) That she will have children by another man after Mirza dies
(c) That she will have triplets
(d) That she is dying with cancer
13. How does Hind say he got there?
(a) She drugged him and brought him home.
(b) She seduced him with liquour.
(c) She had him arrested and brought to her.
(d) She found him unconscious in the street.
14. What is Gibreel doing as he falls through the air?
(b) Trying to fly
15. What does Abu Simbel want from Mahound?
(a) That Mahound will leave Jahilia and teach somewhere else
(b) That Allah recognize Lat, Uzza, and Manat as gods
(c) That Mahound will bring his angel to the city
(d) That Mahound will recant his beliefs
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the police come for Saladin?
2. Where are they as they are falling?
3. Where are Gibreel and Chamcha found?
4. What does the specter of Dr. Babington say as he fades into the moonlight?
5. What difficulty does Gibreel have in getting out of Rosa's house?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)