|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Inspector Lime refuse to admit he saw when he looked up at Gibreel?
(a) Golden eyes
(b) A halo
(c) Three sets of arms
(d) An elephant head
2. Where is Gibreel planning to go in London?
(a) To Buchingham Palace
(b) To see Allie
(c) To find Saladin
(d) To Trafalgar Square
3. When the Imam summons Gibreel, the Archangel, where does he demand to be taken?
4. What does Mishal tell her husband about the girl?
(a) That she comes from Mecca
(b) That she has relatives in the village
(c) That she has six fingers on one hand
(d) That her name is Aeysha
5. Who is the previous untouchable who guards Aeysha's hut?
6. Why does Rosa Diamond rush for her hat, cloak, and stick?
(a) She fears she needs to get out of her house.
(b) She is going grocery shopping.
(c) She is hurrying to go see who fell from the sky.
(d) She is about to do a witch's brew.
7. Who tells Abu Simbel that a poet's work is to shape the world?
8. What is beside Gibreel's ear when he wakes up on the beach?
(a) Chamcha's shoe
(b) A starfish
(c) A piece of the plane
(d) An octopus
9. What does Aeysha believe will happen on the way to Mecca?
(a) Mirza Saeed, the zamindar, will be converted.
(b) The waters of the Red Sea will part and they can walk across.
(c) The Archangel Gibreel will lead them all the way.
(d) Gibreel will give them food from heaven.
10. What does Bilal, an American convert, do for the Imam?
(a) He provides water for the Imam.
(b) He sings the Imam's songs on his radio broadcast.
(c) He guards the Imam's door.
(d) He writes satires for the Imam.
11. What occurs in Gibreel's dream as Mahound returns to the mountain?
(a) He and Mahound are wrestling naked.
(b) Mahound tries to kill him.
(c) He changes Mahound into a donkey.
(d) He talks to God who tells him what to say.
12. What verses does Mahound receive in meeting with Gibreel?
(a) The Archangel Verses direct from Allah
(b) The verses condemning Abu Simbel and hind
(c) The Satanic verses, accepting Lat, Uzza, and Manat
(d) Verses to answer Baal's satires
13. What mischievous thing is Gibreel doing in his dream?
(a) Putting Muslim meat in Hindu tiffins
(b) Inviting untouchables to dinner
(c) Drawing graffiti on the walls
(d) Throwing water on passing strangers
14. What proof do the police offer that Saladin is the man they are looking for?
(a) His breath smells of death.
(b) He has no proper identification.
(c) His eyes glow red.
(d) His lumps have grown into sharp horns.
15. What does Abu Simbel want from Mahound?
(a) That Allah recognize Lat, Uzza, and Manat as gods
(b) That Mahound will bring his angel to the city
(c) That Mahound will recant his beliefs
(d) That Mahound will leave Jahilia and teach somewhere else
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Saladin holding up when he appears in Rosa's hallway?
2. What is the question about the type of song Gibreel sang?
3. What occupation do Gibreel and Chamcha have in common?
4. Why does the Imam destroy clocks?
5. Upon her return, what does Aeysha say the people of Titlipur must do?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)