|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hind say he got there?
(a) She had him arrested and brought to her.
(b) She seduced him with liquour.
(c) She drugged him and brought him home.
(d) She found him unconscious in the street.
2. What does the Grandee, Abu Simbel, want from the satirist Baal?
(a) Some satirical poetry making fun of Mahound
(b) A peom dedicated to the Grandee
(c) For him to stop visiting his wife, Hind
(d) To withdraw from the poetry contest
3. What claim does Aeysha make upon her return to Titlipur?
(a) That the Angel Gibreel had lain down beside her
(b) That she had received a message from God
(c) That she is now the new prophet
(d) That she has the power to work miracles
4. What occurs in Gibreel's dream as Mahound returns to the mountain?
(a) He and Mahound are wrestling naked.
(b) Mahound tries to kill him.
(c) He changes Mahound into a donkey.
(d) He talks to God who tells him what to say.
5. Why do the people reject Mirza Saeed's offer to build liters for them to ride in to Mecca?
(a) Because they cannot accept anything from an unbeliever
(b) Because there is not enough time to build them
(c) Because Aeysha forbids it
(d) Because the Archangel said they were to walk
6. Who is the antagonist of the Imam, Mahmood?
(a) The Empress Aeysha
(b) Saladin Chamcha
(c) The angel Gibreel
(d) Rosa Diamond
7. Who willed the rescue and who made it happen?
(a) Chamcha willed it and Farishta made it happen.
(b) Farishta willed ti and Chamcha made it happen.
(c) God willed it and an angel made it happen.
(d) Farishta willed it and also made it happen.
8. What is Gibreel doing as he falls through the air?
(c) Trying to fly
9. What does Gibreel say when he wakes up?
(a) Born again.
(b) Who am I?
(c) Did you see that?
(d) Where are we?
10. What does Gibreel call Chamcha?
11. What is Saladin Chamcha's reaction to waking up on the beach?
(a) He laughs hysterically.
(b) He starts to cry.
(c) He slaps Gibreel.
(d) He sits up and rubs his eyes.
12. Who is the previous untouchable who guards Aeysha's hut?
13. How does Gibreel finally manage to pin Mahound down in the wrestling match?
(a) Gibreel strikes Mahound blind.
(b) It is what Mahound wants.
(c) Mahound gets sleepy.
(d) The afreet come and help him.
14. Upon her return, what does Aeysha say the people of Titlipur must do?
(a) Memorize the entire Quran
(b) Give up eating meat.
(c) Go on a pilgrimage to Mecca to kiss the Ka'aba.
(d) Learn to call the butterflies.
15. When the Imam summons Gibreel, the Archangel, where does he demand to be taken?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Aeysha's affliction?
2. What occupation do Gibreel and Chamcha have in common?
3. Why does Hamza insist that Mahound return to the mountain?
4. What does Mishal tell her husband about the girl?
5. What mischievous thing is Gibreel doing in his dream?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)