|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when he finally calls Pamela to let her know he's alive?
(a) Pamela hangs up on him.
(b) She faints.
(c) The phone has been disconnected.
(d) A man answers.
2. Who tries to rationalize away the reason they come down slowly?
3. How does Mahound see the Archangel Gibreel in the cave?
(a) As hovering over him, flapping his wings
(b) As being connected to him by a golden umbilical cord
(c) As standing in a fiery bush
(d) As a half man, half horse
4. How does Hind say he got there?
(a) She found him unconscious in the street.
(b) She seduced him with liquour.
(c) She drugged him and brought him home.
(d) She had him arrested and brought to her.
5. What is Gibreel doing that slows down their descent?
(a) Flapping his arms
(b) Swimming in air
(c) Holding onto a pelican
(d) Using his jacket as a parachutte
6. What difficulty does Gibreel have in getting out of Rosa's house?
(a) His legs are unsteady.
(b) He trips on the stairs.
(c) He cannot unlock the door.
(d) Rosa wakes up and holds onto him.
7. What is odd about the song Gibreel begins to sing?
(a) It is a language and a tune he does not know.
(b) It is a child's nursery rhyme.
(c) It echoes back into his mouth.
(d) It is a song about India as a lost continent.
8. How many survivors are there from the explosion?
9. What is Saladin holding up when he appears in Rosa's hallway?
(a) His driver's license
(b) His pajamas with the missing button
(c) A golf club
(d) His bowler hat
10. What is Khalid's explanation for the Satanic verses?
(a) That Mahound was under the influence of Hind's drugs.
(b) That Mahound was forced to say good things about Lat.
(c) That Mahound was testing their loyalty.
(d) That Mahound had brought the devil so they could recongize him.
11. What cliche does Abu Simbel believe is not true?
(a) The pen is mightier than the sword
(b) Love is neverhaving to say you're sorry
(c) A penny saved is a penny earned
(d) A stitch in time saves nine
12. What is Gibreel wearing when he comes down Rosa's stairs to see what is going on?
(a) A white bed sheet
(b) A bathrobe and fuzzy slippers
(c) A maroon smoking jacket and jodhpurs
(d) A white tuxedo
13. How does Gibreel finally manage to pin Mahound down in the wrestling match?
(a) Gibreel strikes Mahound blind.
(b) It is what Mahound wants.
(c) Mahound gets sleepy.
(d) The afreet come and help him.
14. What does Gibreel say when he wakes up?
(a) Did you see that?
(b) Where are we?
(c) Who am I?
(d) Born again.
15. What claim does Aeysha make upon her return to Titlipur?
(a) That she has the power to work miracles
(b) That she had received a message from God
(c) That she is now the new prophet
(d) That the Angel Gibreel had lain down beside her
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Aeysha's affliction?
2. Who does Saladin think the old woman with the cane is?
3. What does Hamza do that causes Hind to set her mind on revenge?
4. What does the Grandee, Abu Simbel, want from the satirist Baal?
5. why do Gibreel and Rosa go into the village to buy a cake and champagne?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)