|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the antagonist of the Imam, Mahmood?
(a) Rosa Diamond
(b) Saladin Chamcha
(c) The angel Gibreel
(d) The Empress Aeysha
2. After the fall, what happens to Saladin's breath?
(a) It smells like flowers.
(b) Saladin no longer needs to breathe.
(c) It becomes very bad like Gibreel's was before.
(d) It smells of burning wood.
3. Who comes to Hagar to show her the waters of Zamzam?
(a) A camel
(d) Gibreel as the Archangel
4. After a night at the Masks, where does Mahound wake up?
(a) In Hind's bed
(b) In the cave
(c) On top of Mount Cone
(d) In his harem
5. What does Aeysha believe will happen on the way to Mecca?
(a) The waters of the Red Sea will part and they can walk across.
(b) The Archangel Gibreel will lead them all the way.
(c) Mirza Saeed, the zamindar, will be converted.
(d) Gibreel will give them food from heaven.
6. Why does Hamza insist that Mahound return to the mountain?
(a) To get the truth from the Archangel
(b) To argue with Allah
(c) To see if he was talking to Shaitan instead of Gibreel
(d) To straighten himself out
7. Why do the people reject Mirza Saeed's offer to build liters for them to ride in to Mecca?
(a) Because they cannot accept anything from an unbeliever
(b) Because there is not enough time to build them
(c) Because Aeysha forbids it
(d) Because the Archangel said they were to walk
8. What is under Saladin's bowler hat?
(a) A starfish
(b) Gray hair
(c) His airplane ticket
(d) Two lumps growing out his temples
9. What happens to Gibreel's breath after he falls to earth?
(a) It gets worse than before.
(b) It is knocked out of him.
(c) It ceases to smell bad.
(d) It begins to smell like lilacs.
10. Why is Saladin covered with a thin sheet of ice?
(a) He broke the ice.
(b) He is perspiring.
(c) He landed in the water.
(d) He is crying.
11. What follows the repudiation of the goddesses?
(a) Hamza is arrested and stoned to death.
(b) Hind forgives him and takes him to her bed.
(c) A blood bath that kills all of Mahound's followers
(d) A policy of persecution against Mahound's followers
12. Where does Rosa tell Gibreel she went as a young bride?
(d) The Caribbean
13. In his dream, what is the new name his mother gives him?
(a) Changez Two
14. Who tells Abu Simbel that a poet's work is to shape the world?
15. How many survivors are there from the explosion?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Saladin's explanation for their survival?
2. What is Saladin holding up when he appears in Rosa's hallway?
3. What occupation do Gibreel and Chamcha have in common?
4. What does Gibreel call Chamcha?
5. What does Saladin dream about in Rosa's house?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)