|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mahound now believe about the verses accepting the goddesses?
(a) They were from Shaitan and not Gibreel.
(b) They were in cryptic form where one thing means another.
(c) They were a test of his understanding.
(d) They were in a language he really did not understand.
2. What difficulty does Gibreel have in getting out of Rosa's house?
(a) His legs are unsteady.
(b) He cannot unlock the door.
(c) He trips on the stairs.
(d) Rosa wakes up and holds onto him.
3. What does ellowen deeowen stand for?
(a) EL LO DOWN
(c) LOW DONE
4. Where does Mahound go after he leaves Hind's chambers?
(a) Back up Mount Cone.
(b) To his seventy year old wife.
(c) To get a drink from the well of Zamzam.
(d) To find his uncle.
5. What does the specter of Dr. Babington say as he fades into the moonlight?
(a) Wherever the English settle, they never leave England.
(b) Whatever the English think, there are better cultures.
(c) Wherever the English go, death is not far behind.
(d) Whatever the english bring with them, they always take away.
6. Upon her return, what does Aeysha say the people of Titlipur must do?
(a) Give up eating meat.
(b) Go on a pilgrimage to Mecca to kiss the Ka'aba.
(c) Memorize the entire Quran
(d) Learn to call the butterflies.
7. Why does Mishal spend so much time with Aeysha?
(a) She suspects her husband is lusting after Aeysha.
(b) She has fallen in love with Aeysha.
(c) She wants to learn how to call the butterflies.
(d) She hopes Aeysha's Archangel husband will grant her a baby.
8. After the phone call, who arrives at Rosa's house?
(a) The TV stations send out their camera crews.
(b) The police come to arrest Saladin.
(c) The mayor of London comes to see Gibreel.
(d) The airline representative comes to interview Rosa.
9. What does Gibreel feel is holding him at Rosa's house?
(a) Her strong personality.
(b) Her stories.
(c) Her black magic.
(d) Her pitiful condition.
10. What fills the zamindar, Mirza Saeed Akhtar, with lust as he stands on the veranda of his house?
(a) His wife, Mishal, taking her morning bath in the fountain
(b) The ghost of Rekha dancing on his lawn
(c) A girl who is eating on his lawn and attracting the chameleon butterflies
(d) The Empress Hind doing a sensual dance
11. Why do the police come for Saladin?
(a) Someone had reported a strange looking man on the beach.
(b) The airline wanted to interrogate him about the explosion.
(c) Gibreel had called them to come get him.
(d) They are looking for the devil and think Saladin might be him.
12. How does Hind say he got there?
(a) She found him unconscious in the street.
(b) She seduced him with liquour.
(c) She had him arrested and brought to her.
(d) She drugged him and brought him home.
13. How does Gibreel finally manage to pin Mahound down in the wrestling match?
(a) Mahound gets sleepy.
(b) Gibreel strikes Mahound blind.
(c) It is what Mahound wants.
(d) The afreet come and help him.
14. What is Gibreel doing as he falls through the air?
(c) Trying to fly
15. Who thinks it is a miracle that they are alive?
(b) The TV reporter
(d) An old woman
Short Answer Questions
1. What is odd about the song Gibreel begins to sing?
2. How does Hind taunt Mahound?
3. After the fall, what happens to Saladin's breath?
4. Who willed the rescue and who made it happen?
5. Who is the previous untouchable who guards Aeysha's hut?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)