|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Aeysha believe will happen on the way to Mecca?
(a) Mirza Saeed, the zamindar, will be converted.
(b) The Archangel Gibreel will lead them all the way.
(c) The waters of the Red Sea will part and they can walk across.
(d) Gibreel will give them food from heaven.
2. Why is Saladin covered with a thin sheet of ice?
(a) He broke the ice.
(b) He is perspiring.
(c) He is crying.
(d) He landed in the water.
3. What happens to Gibreel's breath after he falls to earth?
(a) It ceases to smell bad.
(b) It begins to smell like lilacs.
(c) It gets worse than before.
(d) It is knocked out of him.
4. Why do the police come for Saladin?
(a) Someone had reported a strange looking man on the beach.
(b) Gibreel had called them to come get him.
(c) They are looking for the devil and think Saladin might be him.
(d) The airline wanted to interrogate him about the explosion.
5. Who tells Abu Simbel that a poet's work is to shape the world?
6. To what does Rushdie compare the explosion of the jet?
(a) The Challenger
(c) The big bang
(d) The A-bomb
7. What does Inspector Lime refuse to admit he saw when he looked up at Gibreel?
(a) Three sets of arms
(b) A halo
(c) Golden eyes
(d) An elephant head
8. Why does Hamza insist that Mahound return to the mountain?
(a) To straighten himself out
(b) To see if he was talking to Shaitan instead of Gibreel
(c) To argue with Allah
(d) To get the truth from the Archangel
9. Who thinks it is a miracle that they are alive?
(c) The TV reporter
(d) An old woman
10. What is Aeysha's affliction?
(a) She has epilepsy.
(b) She is barren.
(c) She has cancer.
(d) She has leporsy.
11. How many survivors are there from the explosion?
12. What news does the Archangel give Aeysha about her friend Mishal?
(a) That she is dying with cancer
(b) That she will have children by another man after Mirza dies
(c) That she will have triplets
(d) That she has been chosen by Saladin
13. In his dream, what is the new name his mother gives him?
(c) Changez Two
14. Upon her return, what does Aeysha say the people of Titlipur must do?
(a) Memorize the entire Quran
(b) Learn to call the butterflies.
(c) Go on a pilgrimage to Mecca to kiss the Ka'aba.
(d) Give up eating meat.
15. Who comes to Hagar to show her the waters of Zamzam?
(a) Gibreel as the Archangel
(d) A camel
Short Answer Questions
1. What difficulty does Gibreel have in getting out of Rosa's house?
2. What makes Gibreel begin speaking after pinning Mahound down?
3. What is Gibreel doing as he falls through the air?
4. What is the question about the type of song Gibreel sang?
5. What follows the repudiation of the goddesses?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)