|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does ellowen deeowen stand for?
(b) LOW DONE
(d) EL LO DOWN
2. What blasphemous thing does Mirza say to Aeysha?
(a) Your Archangel is Shaitan.
(b) You are the mother of all liars.
(c) There is no God.
(d) God has no prophet.
3. How does Gibreel finally manage to pin Mahound down in the wrestling match?
(a) Gibreel strikes Mahound blind.
(b) It is what Mahound wants.
(c) Mahound gets sleepy.
(d) The afreet come and help him.
4. What occurs in Gibreel's dream as Mahound returns to the mountain?
(a) He and Mahound are wrestling naked.
(b) Mahound tries to kill him.
(c) He talks to God who tells him what to say.
(d) He changes Mahound into a donkey.
5. What has Rekha forgotten now that she is dead?
(a) How to forgive
(b) What her name was
(c) Who Gibreel is
(d) How she died
6. What proof do the police offer that Saladin is the man they are looking for?
(a) His breath smells of death.
(b) His eyes glow red.
(c) His lumps have grown into sharp horns.
(d) He has no proper identification.
7. What is Gibreel doing that slows down their descent?
(a) Flapping his arms
(b) Using his jacket as a parachutte
(c) Swimming in air
(d) Holding onto a pelican
8. Why do the police come for Saladin?
(a) Someone had reported a strange looking man on the beach.
(b) They are looking for the devil and think Saladin might be him.
(c) The airline wanted to interrogate him about the explosion.
(d) Gibreel had called them to come get him.
9. What does Mahound now believe about the verses accepting the goddesses?
(a) They were in a language he really did not understand.
(b) They were in cryptic form where one thing means another.
(c) They were a test of his understanding.
(d) They were from Shaitan and not Gibreel.
10. What does the Grandee, Abu Simbel, want from the satirist Baal?
(a) Some satirical poetry making fun of Mahound
(b) To withdraw from the poetry contest
(c) For him to stop visiting his wife, Hind
(d) A peom dedicated to the Grandee
11. Where does Mahound go after he leaves Hind's chambers?
(a) Back up Mount Cone.
(b) To his seventy year old wife.
(c) To find his uncle.
(d) To get a drink from the well of Zamzam.
12. What is Saladin Chamcha's reaction to waking up on the beach?
(a) He starts to cry.
(b) He slaps Gibreel.
(c) He sits up and rubs his eyes.
(d) He laughs hysterically.
13. Why do the people reject Mirza Saeed's offer to build liters for them to ride in to Mecca?
(a) Because the Archangel said they were to walk
(b) Because they cannot accept anything from an unbeliever
(c) Because there is not enough time to build them
(d) Because Aeysha forbids it
14. Who thinks it is a miracle that they are alive?
(a) The TV reporter
(b) An old woman
15. why do Gibreel and Rosa go into the village to buy a cake and champagne?
(a) For New Year's Eve
(b) For guests coming to dinner
(c) For a celebration of Gibreel's survival
(d) For her eighty-ninth birthday
Short Answer Questions
1. What difficulty does Gibreel have in getting out of Rosa's house?
2. Where are they as they are falling?
3. After the phone call, who arrives at Rosa's house?
4. What fills the zamindar, Mirza Saeed Akhtar, with lust as he stands on the veranda of his house?
5. Who does Gibreel see on his way down to earth?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)