|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are they as they are falling?
(a) Over Mecca
(b) Over the English Channel
(c) Over the Indian Ocean
(d) Over Paris, France
2. Who tries to rationalize away the reason they come down slowly?
3. What does ellowen deeowen stand for?
(a) LOW DONE
(c) EL LO DOWN
4. What is Gibreel doing that slows down their descent?
(a) Swimming in air
(b) Holding onto a pelican
(c) Flapping his arms
(d) Using his jacket as a parachutte
5. What happens between Rosa and Gibreel in a dream?
(a) They drift above the clouds.
(b) They make love.
(c) They are transported to Argentina.
(d) They ride horses on the beach.
6. What does Saladin dream about in Rosa's house?
(a) Curled horns growing out his head
(b) Zeeny Vakil as a mermaid
(c) Falling out of the sky
(d) Gibreel sprouting wings
7. After the phone call, who arrives at Rosa's house?
(a) The TV stations send out their camera crews.
(b) The airline representative comes to interview Rosa.
(c) The police come to arrest Saladin.
(d) The mayor of London comes to see Gibreel.
8. How does Osman make his living?
(a) As a soldier
(b) As a clown
(c) As a poet
(d) As a water bearer
9. What occurs in Gibreel's dream as Mahound returns to the mountain?
(a) He changes Mahound into a donkey.
(b) He talks to God who tells him what to say.
(c) Mahound tries to kill him.
(d) He and Mahound are wrestling naked.
10. How does Osman explain to the villager that Aeysha disappeared without his seeing where she went.
(a) He says she left in the middle of the night.
(b) He says she gave him something to make him sleep.
(c) He says a wind blew dust in his eyes.
(d) He says she sent him on an errand and was gone when he returned.
11. What makes Gibreel begin speaking after pinning Mahound down?
(a) It is customary for the victor to give a speech.
(b) He wants to talk so he can wake up.
(c) Allah opens him mouth and gives him the words.
(d) Mahound forces his mouth open and the words out of his mouth.
12. In his dream, what is the new name his mother gives him?
(b) Changez Two
13. What does the Grandee, Abu Simbel, want from the satirist Baal?
(a) A peom dedicated to the Grandee
(b) For him to stop visiting his wife, Hind
(c) To withdraw from the poetry contest
(d) Some satirical poetry making fun of Mahound
14. What is Saladin Chamcha's reaction to waking up on the beach?
(a) He slaps Gibreel.
(b) He starts to cry.
(c) He sits up and rubs his eyes.
(d) He laughs hysterically.
15. Why does Hamza insist that Mahound return to the mountain?
(a) To straighten himself out
(b) To see if he was talking to Shaitan instead of Gibreel
(c) To get the truth from the Archangel
(d) To argue with Allah
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Saladin think the old woman with the cane is?
2. What blasphemous thing does Mirza say to Aeysha?
3. What is Aeysha's affliction?
4. Who is the antagonist of the Imam, Mahmood?
5. Seeing the image, what does Gibreel want to know from Saladin?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)