|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What verses does Mahound receive in meeting with Gibreel?
(a) The Satanic verses, accepting Lat, Uzza, and Manat
(b) The verses condemning Abu Simbel and hind
(c) Verses to answer Baal's satires
(d) The Archangel Verses direct from Allah
2. Where are they as they are falling?
(a) Over the English Channel
(b) Over the Indian Ocean
(c) Over Mecca
(d) Over Paris, France
3. What is Gibreel doing as he falls through the air?
(b) Trying to fly
4. Who tells Abu Simbel that a poet's work is to shape the world?
5. What happens between Rosa and Gibreel in a dream?
(a) They are transported to Argentina.
(b) They drift above the clouds.
(c) They make love.
(d) They ride horses on the beach.
6. What does Bilal, an American convert, do for the Imam?
(a) He sings the Imam's songs on his radio broadcast.
(b) He writes satires for the Imam.
(c) He provides water for the Imam.
(d) He guards the Imam's door.
7. What is Gibreel doing that slows down their descent?
(a) Flapping his arms
(b) Holding onto a pelican
(c) Using his jacket as a parachutte
(d) Swimming in air
8. What is Saladin's explanation for their survival?
(a) That they were lucky
(b) That it was nothing out of the ordinary
(c) That God was with them
(d) That it is all a dream
9. What fills the zamindar, Mirza Saeed Akhtar, with lust as he stands on the veranda of his house?
(a) His wife, Mishal, taking her morning bath in the fountain
(b) The Empress Hind doing a sensual dance
(c) The ghost of Rekha dancing on his lawn
(d) A girl who is eating on his lawn and attracting the chameleon butterflies
10. Why do the police come for Saladin?
(a) They are looking for the devil and think Saladin might be him.
(b) Someone had reported a strange looking man on the beach.
(c) The airline wanted to interrogate him about the explosion.
(d) Gibreel had called them to come get him.
11. What proof do the police offer that Saladin is the man they are looking for?
(a) He has no proper identification.
(b) His lumps have grown into sharp horns.
(c) His breath smells of death.
(d) His eyes glow red.
12. Why are Mahound's followers worried after he goes to see the Grandee?
(a) He may be planning to kill the Grandee.
(b) He may fall into the clutches of Hind.
(c) He is gone a long time and has not returned.
(d) He is likely to compromise with the Grandee.
13. Where is Gibreel planning to go in London?
(a) To Trafalgar Square
(b) To Buchingham Palace
(c) To see Allie
(d) To find Saladin
14. Why does Mishal spend so much time with Aeysha?
(a) She suspects her husband is lusting after Aeysha.
(b) She hopes Aeysha's Archangel husband will grant her a baby.
(c) She has fallen in love with Aeysha.
(d) She wants to learn how to call the butterflies.
15. Who does Gibreel see on his way down to earth?
(a) Allileua Cone in a balloon
(b) His step mother on a broomstick
(c) God looking down from Heaven
(d) Rekha Merchant on a flying carpet
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Saladin holding up when he appears in Rosa's hallway?
2. What does Chamcha order Gibreel to do?
3. How does Osman make his living?
4. What is beside Gibreel's ear when he wakes up on the beach?
5. why do Gibreel and Rosa go into the village to buy a cake and champagne?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)