|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chamcha order Gibreel to do?
(a) Fly and sing
(b) Dive to his death
(c) Hold his hand
(d) Shut up and pray
2. Where are they as they are falling?
(a) Over the English Channel
(b) Over Mecca
(c) Over Paris, France
(d) Over the Indian Ocean
3. Where is Gibreel planning to go in London?
(a) To Trafalgar Square
(b) To find Saladin
(c) To see Allie
(d) To Buchingham Palace
4. What is the question about the type of song Gibreel sang?
(a) Was it real or imagined?
(b) Was it old or new?
(c) Was it in English or Hindi?
(d) Was it satanic or angelic?
5. What is under Saladin's bowler hat?
(a) Two lumps growing out his temples
(b) A starfish
(c) His airplane ticket
(d) Gray hair
6. What does Aeysha believe will happen on the way to Mecca?
(a) The waters of the Red Sea will part and they can walk across.
(b) Gibreel will give them food from heaven.
(c) Mirza Saeed, the zamindar, will be converted.
(d) The Archangel Gibreel will lead them all the way.
7. Why does Mishal spend so much time with Aeysha?
(a) She has fallen in love with Aeysha.
(b) She wants to learn how to call the butterflies.
(c) She suspects her husband is lusting after Aeysha.
(d) She hopes Aeysha's Archangel husband will grant her a baby.
8. What does Mahound now believe about the verses accepting the goddesses?
(a) They were in a language he really did not understand.
(b) They were from Shaitan and not Gibreel.
(c) They were in cryptic form where one thing means another.
(d) They were a test of his understanding.
9. Who tries to rationalize away the reason they come down slowly?
10. What mischievous thing is Gibreel doing in his dream?
(a) Putting Muslim meat in Hindu tiffins
(b) Inviting untouchables to dinner
(c) Drawing graffiti on the walls
(d) Throwing water on passing strangers
11. What is the flight number that blows up with Gibreel and Chamcha aboard?
(c) AA 135
(d) PanAm 108
12. What cliche does Abu Simbel believe is not true?
(a) A penny saved is a penny earned
(b) Love is neverhaving to say you're sorry
(c) The pen is mightier than the sword
(d) A stitch in time saves nine
13. What does Mishal tell her husband about the girl?
(a) That her name is Aeysha
(b) That she comes from Mecca
(c) That she has six fingers on one hand
(d) That she has relatives in the village
14. What is Gibreel doing as he falls through the air?
(b) Trying to fly
15. Who comes to Hagar to show her the waters of Zamzam?
(b) A camel
(d) Gibreel as the Archangel
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the antagonist of the Imam, Mahmood?
2. What do Rosa and Gibreel see running down the beach at night?
3. What is Gibreel wearing when he comes down Rosa's stairs to see what is going on?
4. What is Khalid's explanation for the Satanic verses?
5. What does Hamza do that causes Hind to set her mind on revenge?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)