|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when he finally calls Pamela to let her know he's alive?
(a) A man answers.
(b) Pamela hangs up on him.
(c) She faints.
(d) The phone has been disconnected.
2. After the phone call, who arrives at Rosa's house?
(a) The police come to arrest Saladin.
(b) The airline representative comes to interview Rosa.
(c) The TV stations send out their camera crews.
(d) The mayor of London comes to see Gibreel.
3. What is the question about the type of song Gibreel sang?
(a) Was it in English or Hindi?
(b) Was it old or new?
(c) Was it satanic or angelic?
(d) Was it real or imagined?
4. What makes Gibreel begin speaking after pinning Mahound down?
(a) It is customary for the victor to give a speech.
(b) He wants to talk so he can wake up.
(c) Allah opens him mouth and gives him the words.
(d) Mahound forces his mouth open and the words out of his mouth.
5. What does Aeysha believe will happen on the way to Mecca?
(a) The waters of the Red Sea will part and they can walk across.
(b) The Archangel Gibreel will lead them all the way.
(c) Gibreel will give them food from heaven.
(d) Mirza Saeed, the zamindar, will be converted.
6. In his dream, what is the new name his mother gives him?
(a) Changez Two
7. What cliche does Abu Simbel believe is not true?
(a) A penny saved is a penny earned
(b) A stitch in time saves nine
(c) Love is neverhaving to say you're sorry
(d) The pen is mightier than the sword
8. Who is the previous untouchable who guards Aeysha's hut?
9. Why does Rosa Diamond rush for her hat, cloak, and stick?
(a) She is about to do a witch's brew.
(b) She is hurrying to go see who fell from the sky.
(c) She fears she needs to get out of her house.
(d) She is going grocery shopping.
10. What does Abu Simbel want from Mahound?
(a) That Mahound will recant his beliefs
(b) That Mahound will leave Jahilia and teach somewhere else
(c) That Allah recognize Lat, Uzza, and Manat as gods
(d) That Mahound will bring his angel to the city
11. What is the name of the jumbo jet that explodes?
12. What does Gibreel feel is holding him at Rosa's house?
(a) Her stories.
(b) Her pitiful condition.
(c) Her strong personality.
(d) Her black magic.
13. What happens between Rosa and Gibreel in a dream?
(a) They drift above the clouds.
(b) They ride horses on the beach.
(c) They make love.
(d) They are transported to Argentina.
14. What difficulty does Gibreel have in getting out of Rosa's house?
(a) He trips on the stairs.
(b) His legs are unsteady.
(c) He cannot unlock the door.
(d) Rosa wakes up and holds onto him.
15. What is Aeysha's affliction?
(a) She has leporsy.
(b) She has epilepsy.
(c) She is barren.
(d) She has cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gibreel say when he wakes up?
2. Why does Hamza insist that Mahound return to the mountain?
3. Where does Mahound go after he leaves Hind's chambers?
4. What is impossible for Gibreel and Chamcha to do, yet they do?
5. How does Hind say he got there?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)