|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does the Archangel give Aeysha about her friend Mishal?
(a) That she will have triplets
(b) That she will have children by another man after Mirza dies
(c) That she has been chosen by Saladin
(d) That she is dying with cancer
2. What occupation do Gibreel and Chamcha have in common?
(a) They are religious clerics.
(b) They are accountants.
(c) They are actors.
(d) The are writers.
3. What blasphemous thing does Mirza say to Aeysha?
(a) There is no God.
(b) You are the mother of all liars.
(c) God has no prophet.
(d) Your Archangel is Shaitan.
4. What does Aeysha believe will happen on the way to Mecca?
(a) The Archangel Gibreel will lead them all the way.
(b) Mirza Saeed, the zamindar, will be converted.
(c) Gibreel will give them food from heaven.
(d) The waters of the Red Sea will part and they can walk across.
5. Who tries to rationalize away the reason they come down slowly?
6. What does Mishal tell her husband about the girl?
(a) That her name is Aeysha
(b) That she has relatives in the village
(c) That she comes from Mecca
(d) That she has six fingers on one hand
7. What is Saladin's explanation for their survival?
(a) That it was nothing out of the ordinary
(b) That it is all a dream
(c) That God was with them
(d) That they were lucky
8. What does the specter of Dr. Babington say as he fades into the moonlight?
(a) Wherever the English go, death is not far behind.
(b) Whatever the English think, there are better cultures.
(c) Whatever the english bring with them, they always take away.
(d) Wherever the English settle, they never leave England.
9. What does Gibreel feel is holding him at Rosa's house?
(a) Her black magic.
(b) Her stories.
(c) Her pitiful condition.
(d) Her strong personality.
10. Where is Gibreel planning to go in London?
(a) To Buchingham Palace
(b) To Trafalgar Square
(c) To find Saladin
(d) To see Allie
11. Who does Saladin think the old woman with the cane is?
(a) The Angel of Death
(b) The Archangel Gibreel
12. Who tells Abu Simbel that a poet's work is to shape the world?
13. In his dream, what is the new name his mother gives him?
(b) Changez Two
14. After the phone call, who arrives at Rosa's house?
(a) The TV stations send out their camera crews.
(b) The airline representative comes to interview Rosa.
(c) The mayor of London comes to see Gibreel.
(d) The police come to arrest Saladin.
15. why do Gibreel and Rosa go into the village to buy a cake and champagne?
(a) For her eighty-ninth birthday
(b) For a celebration of Gibreel's survival
(c) For guests coming to dinner
(d) For New Year's Eve
Short Answer Questions
1. What follows the repudiation of the goddesses?
2. Who is the previous untouchable who guards Aeysha's hut?
3. When the Imam summons Gibreel, the Archangel, where does he demand to be taken?
4. What is Saladin holding up when he appears in Rosa's hallway?
5. To what does Rushdie compare the explosion of the jet?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)