|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the previous untouchable who guards Aeysha's hut?
2. What do Rosa and Gibreel see running down the beach at night?
(b) An ostrich
(d) A bull
3. What makes Gibreel begin speaking after pinning Mahound down?
(a) He wants to talk so he can wake up.
(b) It is customary for the victor to give a speech.
(c) Mahound forces his mouth open and the words out of his mouth.
(d) Allah opens him mouth and gives him the words.
4. What fills the zamindar, Mirza Saeed Akhtar, with lust as he stands on the veranda of his house?
(a) A girl who is eating on his lawn and attracting the chameleon butterflies
(b) His wife, Mishal, taking her morning bath in the fountain
(c) The ghost of Rekha dancing on his lawn
(d) The Empress Hind doing a sensual dance
5. Where does Rosa tell Gibreel she went as a young bride?
(c) The Caribbean
6. What does Chamcha order Gibreel to do?
(a) Shut up and pray
(b) Hold his hand
(c) Dive to his death
(d) Fly and sing
7. What is the question about the type of song Gibreel sang?
(a) Was it real or imagined?
(b) Was it in English or Hindi?
(c) Was it old or new?
(d) Was it satanic or angelic?
8. Where are Gibreel and Chamcha found?
(a) Washed up on the shore
(b) Running down a lane
(c) Sitting on a hill
(d) Walking to London
9. What does the Grandee, Abu Simbel, want from the satirist Baal?
(a) A peom dedicated to the Grandee
(b) Some satirical poetry making fun of Mahound
(c) To withdraw from the poetry contest
(d) For him to stop visiting his wife, Hind
10. Why are Mahound's followers worried after he goes to see the Grandee?
(a) He may fall into the clutches of Hind.
(b) He is gone a long time and has not returned.
(c) He may be planning to kill the Grandee.
(d) He is likely to compromise with the Grandee.
11. What does Gibreel feel is holding him at Rosa's house?
(a) Her pitiful condition.
(b) Her strong personality.
(c) Her black magic.
(d) Her stories.
12. When the Imam summons Gibreel, the Archangel, where does he demand to be taken?
13. What happens to Gibreel's breath after he falls to earth?
(a) It gets worse than before.
(b) It begins to smell like lilacs.
(c) It is knocked out of him.
(d) It ceases to smell bad.
14. Seeing the image, what does Gibreel want to know from Saladin?
(a) If he is seeing anything at all
(b) If he can help him get rid of it
(c) If he can see it also
(d) If he can hear the conversation
15. What is Hamza's objection to accepting Lat, Uzza, and Manat as equal with Allah?
(a) They are only statues.
(b) They are all females.
(c) They require human sacrifice.
(d) They have funny names.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who willed the rescue and who made it happen?
2. What is Rosa's response when Gibreel asks if she noticed Chamcha's horns?
3. What blasphemous thing does Mirza say to Aeysha?
4. How does Mahound see the Archangel Gibreel in the cave?
5. What is the name of the jumbo jet that explodes?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)