|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Imam destroy clocks?
(a) He says God's time is timeless.
(b) Clocks are works of the Devil.
(c) The Empress Aeysha collects clocks.
(d) They remind him of how long he has been in exile.
2. What does Gibreel say when he wakes up?
(a) Who am I?
(b) Born again.
(c) Did you see that?
(d) Where are we?
3. Why are Mahound's followers worried after he goes to see the Grandee?
(a) He may fall into the clutches of Hind.
(b) He is likely to compromise with the Grandee.
(c) He may be planning to kill the Grandee.
(d) He is gone a long time and has not returned.
4. What does Pamela continue to say about Chamcha?
(a) Everyone is having halucinations.
(b) He doesn't exist, such things are not so.
(c) He is too ugly to be my husband.
(d) I have his death certificate in my hand.
5. What do Rosa and Gibreel see running down the beach at night?
(b) A bull
(c) An ostrich
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jumpy Joshi think Chamcha, now transformed with horns and goat feet, needs to begin changing back into a man?
2. What happens to Billy Battuta and Mimi in New York?
3. Who hits Jumpy over the head with an oar?
4. What does the Grandee do when Mahound and his followers arrive?
5. What conclusion do the miners reach when the great flood comes?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)