|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Saladin Chamcha's reaction to waking up on the beach?
(a) He laughs hysterically.
(b) He starts to cry.
(c) He sits up and rubs his eyes.
(d) He slaps Gibreel.
2. What is Gibreel doing as he falls through the air?
(b) Trying to fly
3. Who comes to Hagar to show her the waters of Zamzam?
(a) Gibreel as the Archangel
(d) A camel
4. How does Osman make his living?
(a) As a clown
(b) As a poet
(c) As a soldier
(d) As a water bearer
5. How does Salman test Mahound?
(a) He slips pork into Mahound's beef stew but nothing happens.
(b) He alters the words Mahound gives him to write, but Mahound never notices.
(c) He makes up new rules, writes them down, and Mahound thinks he did it himself.
(d) He puts meaningless words into the writing and Mahound thinks Gibreel put them there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does the Archangel give Aeysha about her friend Mishal?
2. What does Abu Simbel want from Mahound?
3. What does Mishal tell her husband about the girl?
4. To what does Rushdie compare the explosion of the jet?
5. Who is the previous untouchable who guards Aeysha's hut?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)