|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abu Simbel want from Mahound?
(a) That Mahound will leave Jahilia and teach somewhere else
(b) That Mahound will bring his angel to the city
(c) That Allah recognize Lat, Uzza, and Manat as gods
(d) That Mahound will recant his beliefs
2. What does Gibreel say when he wakes up?
(a) Where are we?
(b) Born again.
(c) Who am I?
(d) Did you see that?
3. What is odd about the song Gibreel begins to sing?
(a) It is a song about India as a lost continent.
(b) It echoes back into his mouth.
(c) It is a language and a tune he does not know.
(d) It is a child's nursery rhyme.
4. Who tries to rationalize away the reason they come down slowly?
5. Where does Rosa tell Gibreel she went as a young bride?
(a) The Caribbean
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gibreel wearing when he comes down Rosa's stairs to see what is going on?
2. What is Khalid's explanation for the Satanic verses?
3. Who does Gibreel see on his way down to earth?
4. What follows the repudiation of the goddesses?
5. Who comes to Hagar to show her the waters of Zamzam?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)