|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occurs in Gibreel's dream as Mahound returns to the mountain?
(a) He and Mahound are wrestling naked.
(b) He changes Mahound into a donkey.
(c) He talks to God who tells him what to say.
(d) Mahound tries to kill him.
2. Why is Saladin covered with a thin sheet of ice?
(a) He broke the ice.
(b) He is crying.
(c) He is perspiring.
(d) He landed in the water.
3. What is Rosa's response when Gibreel asks if she noticed Chamcha's horns?
(a) She says that horns are the fashion now.
(b) Nothing, she goes deaf.
(c) she says she did not.
(d) She looks surprised and nods her head.
4. What is Khalid's explanation for the Satanic verses?
(a) That Mahound was forced to say good things about Lat.
(b) That Mahound was testing their loyalty.
(c) That Mahound had brought the devil so they could recongize him.
(d) That Mahound was under the influence of Hind's drugs.
5. What is Hamza's objection to accepting Lat, Uzza, and Manat as equal with Allah?
(a) They are only statues.
(b) They have funny names.
(c) They require human sacrifice.
(d) They are all females.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the police come for Saladin?
2. What happens when he finally calls Pamela to let her know he's alive?
3. What happens to Gibreel's breath after he falls to earth?
4. What happens between Rosa and Gibreel in a dream?
5. What does ellowen deeowen stand for?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)