|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Gibreel and Chamcha found?
(a) Running down a lane
(b) Sitting on a hill
(c) Walking to London
(d) Washed up on the shore
2. Where are they as they are falling?
(a) Over Mecca
(b) Over the Indian Ocean
(c) Over Paris, France
(d) Over the English Channel
3. How does Mahound see the Archangel Gibreel in the cave?
(a) As hovering over him, flapping his wings
(b) As a half man, half horse
(c) As standing in a fiery bush
(d) As being connected to him by a golden umbilical cord
4. What is Gibreel doing that slows down their descent?
(a) Flapping his arms
(b) Swimming in air
(c) Holding onto a pelican
(d) Using his jacket as a parachutte
5. What is beside Gibreel's ear when he wakes up on the beach?
(a) Chamcha's shoe
(b) An octopus
(c) A starfish
(d) A piece of the plane
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to rationalize away the reason they come down slowly?
2. How does Hind say he got there?
3. Who thinks it is a miracle that they are alive?
4. What has Rekha forgotten now that she is dead?
5. Why does Hamza insist that Mahound return to the mountain?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)