|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many survivors are there from the explosion?
2. Where are Gibreel and Chamcha found?
(a) Running down a lane
(b) Washed up on the shore
(c) Sitting on a hill
(d) Walking to London
3. What is Khalid's explanation for the Satanic verses?
(a) That Mahound was forced to say good things about Lat.
(b) That Mahound had brought the devil so they could recongize him.
(c) That Mahound was under the influence of Hind's drugs.
(d) That Mahound was testing their loyalty.
4. How does Hind taunt Mahound?
(a) She calls Lat, Uzza, and Manat his new angels.
(b) She says he can kill the Grandee and be her husband.
(c) She says he is acting out of craftiness.
(d) She tells him he is a poor lover.
5. Why are Mahound's followers worried after he goes to see the Grandee?
(a) He is likely to compromise with the Grandee.
(b) He may fall into the clutches of Hind.
(c) He may be planning to kill the Grandee.
(d) He is gone a long time and has not returned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Gibreel begin speaking after pinning Mahound down?
2. What is beside Gibreel's ear when he wakes up on the beach?
3. Where is the Archangel Gibreel after all the followers of Mahound leave the city?
4. In his dream, what is the new name his mother gives him?
5. What is impossible for Gibreel and Chamcha to do, yet they do?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)