|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Gibreel and Chamcha found?
(a) Running down a lane
(b) Washed up on the shore
(c) Walking to London
(d) Sitting on a hill
2. To what does Rushdie compare the explosion of the jet?
(b) The A-bomb
(c) The Challenger
(d) The big bang
3. How many survivors are there from the explosion?
4. Who thinks it is a miracle that they are alive?
(a) An old woman
(b) The TV reporter
5. Where does Mahound go after he leaves Hind's chambers?
(a) To his seventy year old wife.
(b) To find his uncle.
(c) To get a drink from the well of Zamzam.
(d) Back up Mount Cone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What follows the repudiation of the goddesses?
2. What is odd about the song Gibreel begins to sing?
3. What is Saladin Chamcha's reaction to waking up on the beach?
4. What makes Gibreel begin speaking after pinning Mahound down?
5. What does Gibreel say when he wakes up?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)