|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rosa Diamond rush for her hat, cloak, and stick?
(a) She is about to do a witch's brew.
(b) She fears she needs to get out of her house.
(c) She is hurrying to go see who fell from the sky.
(d) She is going grocery shopping.
2. Who willed the rescue and who made it happen?
(a) Farishta willed it and also made it happen.
(b) God willed it and an angel made it happen.
(c) Chamcha willed it and Farishta made it happen.
(d) Farishta willed ti and Chamcha made it happen.
3. What follows the repudiation of the goddesses?
(a) Hind forgives him and takes him to her bed.
(b) Hamza is arrested and stoned to death.
(c) A blood bath that kills all of Mahound's followers
(d) A policy of persecution against Mahound's followers
4. What happens between Rosa and Gibreel in a dream?
(a) They are transported to Argentina.
(b) They drift above the clouds.
(c) They make love.
(d) They ride horses on the beach.
5. What is Rosa's response when Gibreel asks if she noticed Chamcha's horns?
(a) She says that horns are the fashion now.
(b) She looks surprised and nods her head.
(c) she says she did not.
(d) Nothing, she goes deaf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gibreel call Chamcha?
2. What makes Gibreel begin speaking after pinning Mahound down?
3. What does Inspector Lime refuse to admit he saw when he looked up at Gibreel?
4. What is under Saladin's bowler hat?
5. What does the specter of Dr. Babington say as he fades into the moonlight?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)