|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Rushdie compare the explosion of the jet?
(b) The big bang
(c) The Challenger
(d) The A-bomb
2. Where does Mahound go after he leaves Hind's chambers?
(a) To get a drink from the well of Zamzam.
(b) To find his uncle.
(c) Back up Mount Cone.
(d) To his seventy year old wife.
3. why do Gibreel and Rosa go into the village to buy a cake and champagne?
(a) For her eighty-ninth birthday
(b) For guests coming to dinner
(c) For New Year's Eve
(d) For a celebration of Gibreel's survival
4. How does Osman make his living?
(a) As a poet
(b) As a water bearer
(c) As a soldier
(d) As a clown
5. What is the question about the type of song Gibreel sang?
(a) Was it satanic or angelic?
(b) Was it old or new?
(c) Was it real or imagined?
(d) Was it in English or Hindi?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Rosa and Gibreel see running down the beach at night?
2. What does Pamela continue to say about Chamcha?
3. What is Hamza's objection to accepting Lat, Uzza, and Manat as equal with Allah?
4. Who thinks it is a miracle that they are alive?
5. Why does the Imam destroy clocks?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)