|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does "The Rose" open?
2. In what year does "The Encampment" open?
3. What ruler commands the forces poised to attack England?
4. What is Peter Wilson's occupation?
5. Who provides the evidence that exonerates Margaret?
Essay Topic 1
The chapter covering the mid to late sixteenth century is titled "New World." Why does the chapter have this title, and how is this a fitting title?
Essay Topic 2
Pick one of the major themes of the novel Sarum and build an argument stating that one specific theme was the most powerful force in shaping lives over the course of the centuries.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the setting of the novel Sarum both in terms of geography and moment in history. How crucial is the setting to the story? Could the story presented by the novel have taken place at any other location or time?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)