|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Claudius hate the Druids?
2. What do the Romans call the area of Sarum?
3. In whose favor does the French king rule?
4. How many children do Hwll and his companion have?
5. Whom does Alicia marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nicholas live in the city instead of with his Aunt Agnes at the sheep house?
2. Why does the marriage between Porteus and Tosutigus's daughter fail?
3. What religious secret does Petrus conceal?
4. What sort of economic arrangement do the farmers and hunters make concerning pelts?
5. What are some examples of quarrels between women disturbing the peace.
6. Why does Dluc tell Krona that they must sacrifice Krona's firstborn?
7. Why do the people of Sarum hold Tosutigus in low regard?
8. What connection does the carved figure Nooma finds have to the past?
9. How does Osmund's admission to the mason guild not go as planned.
10. How does William Shockley get news about situations in places far from home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the narrator's use of language in the novel Sarum. Is the language elevated to the poetic or is it the everyday language of people of Sarum in their various times in history? Do you find it equally easy to understand characters' language regardless of their time in history?
Essay Topic 2
Who is the author Edward Rutherfurd, and what are some of his other notable works?
Essay Topic 3
The chapter covering the mid to late sixteenth century is titled "New World." Why does the chapter have this title, and how is this a fitting title?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)