|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose camp do Hwll and his family encounter?
2. Hwll and his family reach the estuary of what river?
3. Where does Godefroi want his wife and children taken?
4. What happens to the monks in the Viking attack of 878?
5. What industry allows Sarum to prosper after the plague passes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tosutigus expect from surrendering to the Romans?
2. How did the political troubles between the king and the knights begin?
3. Why do both church and state government need each other at this time?
4. Why must the King of France settle a dispute in England?
5. Why does Port announce that he will give a gold cross to the nunnery?
6. Why does Godefroi ask John of Shockley to take his wife and children away?
7. What sort of religious compromise do the farmers and hunters reach?
8. Why do the people of Sarum hold Tosutigus in low regard?
9. How does the king raising taxes on Jews affect Godefroi and Shockley's loan?
10. Why does Dluc tell Krona that they must sacrifice Krona's firstborn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the point of view in the novel Sarum. Does the story come from a single narrator or multiple narrators? Does the point of view remain the same throughout the novel, or does it change, and what effect does this have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
Who is the author Edward Rutherfurd, and what are some of his other notable works?
Essay Topic 3
The chapter beginning in the year 1244 is titled "The Foundling." Why does the chapter have this title, and how is this a fitting title?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)