|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Wilsons allow whom to work the land?
2. How are the high priest and the ruling chief related?
3. Agnes Mason blames what for the spread of the plague?
4. Where does Godefroi want his wife and children taken?
5. Who disobeys Agnes Mason's orders?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Petrus's father have Petrus imprisoned?
2. After the plague, why do wages rise so high?
3. What connection do rats and fleas have to the Black Death?
4. What sort of economic arrangement do the farmers and hunters make concerning pelts?
5. Why does the marriage between Porteus and Tosutigus's daughter fail?
6. What religious secret does Petrus conceal?
7. Why do the people of Sarum hold Tosutigus in low regard?
8. Why does Port announce that he will give a gold cross to the nunnery?
9. How did the practice of farming come to England?
10. What connection does the carved figure Nooma finds have to the past?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is the author Edward Rutherfurd, and what are some of his other notable works?
Essay Topic 2
The chapter beginning in the year 1244 is titled "The Foundling." Why does the chapter have this title, and how is this a fitting title?
Essay Topic 3
Pick one of the major themes of the novel Sarum and build an argument stating that one specific theme was the most powerful force in shaping lives over the course of the centuries.
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)