Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does "Twilight" open?
2. How are the high priest and the ruling chief related?
3. Where were Krona's sons killed?
4. Whom does Godefroi ask to escort his wife and children?
5. Who is the high priest?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Peter Wilson go from being a smuggler to a sailor in the British Navy?
2. What enables Jane, unlike many women of the time, to avoid marriage and work toward her goals?
3. Why is Caius Porteus labeled a traitor and sent to Sorviodunum?
4. Why is the visit by Adam such an important undertaking?
5. What is the most noticeable event happening in "The Encampment"?
6. Why does Nicholas live in the city instead of with his Aunt Agnes at the sheep house?
7. Why does Petrus's father have Petrus imprisoned?
8. How is the Shockley family affected by the political crisis?
9. What must Jane do before she can accomplish her goal to serve as a nurse?
10. How do many English people feel about the American soldiers?
Essay Topic 1
In the course of the novel various female characters represent the role of women in their respective times. Some of these characters are assertive individuals at a time when that was uncommon for women. Which female characters demonstrated unusual freedom?
Essay Topic 2
The chapter covering the mid to late sixteenth century is titled "New World." Why does the chapter have this title, and how is this a fitting title?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the narrator's use of language in the novel Sarum. Is the language elevated to the poetic or is it the everyday language of people of Sarum in their various times in history? Do you find it equally easy to understand characters' language regardless of their time in history?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)