|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does "Twilight" open?
2. How are the high priest and the ruling chief related?
3. Where were Krona's sons killed?
4. Whom does Godefroi ask to escort his wife and children?
5. Who is the high priest?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Peter Wilson go from being a smuggler to a sailor in the British Navy?
2. What enables Jane, unlike many women of the time, to avoid marriage and work toward her goals?
3. Why is Caius Porteus labeled a traitor and sent to Sorviodunum?
4. Why is the visit by Adam such an important undertaking?
5. What is the most noticeable event happening in "The Encampment"?
6. Why does Nicholas live in the city instead of with his Aunt Agnes at the sheep house?
7. Why does Petrus's father have Petrus imprisoned?
8. How is the Shockley family affected by the political crisis?
9. What must Jane do before she can accomplish her goal to serve as a nurse?
10. How do many English people feel about the American soldiers?
Essay Topic 1
Religious conflicts as presented in the novel range from hunter-gatherers conflicting over worship of the sun god versus the moon god to sixteenth century English disagreeing over who should be head of the English church. Are there any religious conflicts that seem to be less about actual religious belief and more about politics?
Essay Topic 2
The chapter beginning in the year 1244 is titled "The Foundling." Why does the chapter have this title, and how is this a fitting title?
Essay Topic 3
One of the themes of the novel Sarum might be thought of as "life goes on." Is this always the case in human history, or is there the possibility of annihilation of a people or culture? Examine the threats faced by the people of Sarum and present an argument explaining how one of those threats was the most dangerous the people faced. Which one had the greatest potential to destroy the people of Sarum or their way of life?
This section contains 1,342 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)