Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does "Twilight" open?
2. How are the high priest and the ruling chief related?
3. Where were Krona's sons killed?
4. Whom does Godefroi ask to escort his wife and children?
5. Who is the high priest?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Peter Wilson go from being a smuggler to a sailor in the British Navy?
2. What enables Jane, unlike many women of the time, to avoid marriage and work toward her goals?
3. Why is Caius Porteus labeled a traitor and sent to Sorviodunum?
4. Why is the visit by Adam such an important undertaking?
5. What is the most noticeable event happening in "The Encampment"?
6. Why does Nicholas live in the city instead of with his Aunt Agnes at the sheep house?
7. Why does Petrus's father have Petrus imprisoned?
8. How is the Shockley family affected by the political crisis?
9. What must Jane do before she can accomplish her goal to serve as a nurse?
10. How do many English people feel about the American soldiers?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the structure of the novel Sarum. Is the plot progression chronological and linear, or does the presentation of the story move forward and backward in time? Are the individual chapters told in chronological order, or within single chapters are there ever instances of non-linear progression, such as flashbacks? How does the structure of the novel Sarum affect the overall story?
Essay Topic 2
The chapter beginning in the year 1244 is titled "The Foundling." Why does the chapter have this title, and how is this a fitting title?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the point of view in the novel Sarum. Does the story come from a single narrator or multiple narrators? Does the point of view remain the same throughout the novel, or does it change, and what effect does this have on the story?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)