|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people live in the area which Krona rules?
2. Why does Claudius hate the Druids?
3. Whose daughter marries Porteus?
4. Agnes Mason blames what for the spread of the plague?
5. Where does Tep lead Hwll and his family?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Osmund's admission to the mason guild not go as planned.
2. What religious secret does Petrus conceal?
3. What connection does the carved figure Nooma finds have to the past?
4. Why are so many young women sacrificed while Krona grieves over the loss of his wife and child?
5. Why does Nicholas live in the city instead of with his Aunt Agnes at the sheep house?
6. How does the practice of tomb building begin in the region of Stonehenge?
7. How does the river play a part in the beginning of the affair between Katesh and Tark?
8. How does William Shockley get news about situations in places far from home?
9. How did the political troubles between the king and the knights begin?
10. Why does Petrus's father have Petrus imprisoned?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the point of view in the novel Sarum. Does the story come from a single narrator or multiple narrators? Does the point of view remain the same throughout the novel, or does it change, and what effect does this have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
The novel Sarum presents several themes. Pick one of the ongoing themes of the novel and discuss how it is portrayed throughout the story.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the narrator's use of language in the novel Sarum. Is the language elevated to the poetic or is it the everyday language of people of Sarum in their various times in history? Do you find it equally easy to understand characters' language regardless of their time in history?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)