|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who obtains the seat on the Forty-Eight instead of Michael Shockley?
(d) John Wilson.
2. Who precedes King Edward VI as ruler of England?
(a) Queen Anne.
(b) Queen Elizabeth I.
(c) King Charles.
(d) King Henry VIII.
3. In what year does "The Unrest" open?
4. What is the name of the prostitute Fleming meets?
(a) Nellie Godfrey.
(b) Nellie Mason.
(c) Katherine Shockley.
(d) Jane Shockley.
5. Whom does Jane help overcome alcoholism?
(a) Jethro Wilson.
(b) John Shockley.
(d) Joseph Porter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Adam fight in 1777?
2. What archeological site is being sold at auction?
3. Who rejects Jane's initial application?
4. To what group is Obidiah committed?
5. In what year does "A Journey From Sarum" open?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Obidiah betray his sister?
2. What must Jane do before she can accomplish her goal to serve as a nurse?
3. How did Peter Wilson go from being a smuggler to a sailor in the British Navy?
4. How do Adam and Patricia meet? What is their initial fascination with each other? What ultimately happens in the relationship?
5. What major conflict is taking place in England, and who are the opposing sides?
6. How do labor troubles lead to many convicts from Sarum being sent to Australia?
7. In "Journey From Sarum," what major changes have occurred for John and Robert Wilson?
8. What enables Jane, unlike many women of the time, to avoid marriage and work toward her goals?
9. What path does Adam take to become a soldier?
10. How does Ralph lose his position at the school?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)