|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rejects Jane's initial application?
(a) Florence Nightingale.
(b) John Shockley.
2. What ruler commands the forces poised to attack England?
3. Where did Adam earn his promotion to Captain?
4. To what group is Obidiah committed?
(a) The Puritans.
(b) The Royalists.
(c) The Fishmongers.
(d) The Masons.
5. What is the name of the captured American boy?
(a) John Hiller.
(b) Harry Sloane.
(c) Will Rogers.
(d) Samuel Spade.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does "A Journey From Sarum" open?
2. What historically significant event is in progress at the beginning of the chapter?
3. Who is Margaret's two-year-old brother?
4. In what year does "Boney" open?
5. Who obtains the seat on the Forty-Eight instead of Michael Shockley?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Adam and Patricia meet? What is their initial fascination with each other? What ultimately happens in the relationship?
2. In "Journey From Sarum," what major changes have occurred for John and Robert Wilson?
3. What other community services does Jane contribute to while she is earning her nursing credentials?
4. How does Ralph lose his position at the school?
5. What major religious event has occurred throughout England?
6. What enables Jane, unlike many women of the time, to avoid marriage and work toward her goals?
7. Despite success in their business deal, what sort of scandal erupts from Edward bringing Fleming to England?
8. Why does Will go to the cathedral?
9. What major conflict is taking place in England, and who are the opposing sides?
10. What fortuitous event leads to Adam's marriage and relocation to America?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)