|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is John Wilson's occupation?
2. Which side of the civil war does Edmund choose?
(b) The Communists'.
(c) The Americans'.
3. What historically significant event is in progress at the beginning of the chapter?
(a) World War I.
(b) The Crimean War.
(c) World War II.
(d) The War of the Roses.
4. In the 1580s, the English fear an invasion by what nation?
5. In what year does "New World" open?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Adam's thinking, who will win the war between the Americans and the British?
2. What war is taking place?
3. In what year does "Boney" open?
4. What causes the Shockley family's financial ruin?
5. What influences Will's decision to move?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ralph lose his position at the school?
2. How did Peter Wilson go from being a smuggler to a sailor in the British Navy?
3. Why does Adam believe that the American rebels will ultimately prevail against the British?
4. What sort of political trouble is brewing at the opening of the chapter?
5. How is Stonehenge at one time private property and later property of the British government?
6. Even though she is neutral in the matter of king versus Parliament, how does Margaret come to lead a defense force?
7. Who is Bloody Mary, and how did she earn her name?
8. What fortuitous event leads to Adam's marriage and relocation to America?
9. What is the most noticeable event happening in "The Encampment"?
10. What enables Jane, unlike many women of the time, to avoid marriage and work toward her goals?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)