|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which side of the civil war does Edmund choose?
(c) The Communists'.
(d) The Americans'.
2. What ruler commands the forces poised to attack England?
3. In what service is Peter Wilson forced to serve?
(a) The British Navy.
(b) The Red Cross.
(c) The Coast Guard.
(d) The Missionary Corps.
4. Where are the arrested labor activists sent?
5. What is the name of the prostitute Fleming meets?
(a) Jane Shockley.
(b) Katherine Shockley.
(c) Nellie Godfrey.
(d) Nellie Mason.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Edmund kill?
2. Who ransacks Margaret's house?
3. In what year does "The Unrest" open?
4. What do Abigail and Peter Mason remove from the cathedral?
5. Whom does Jane help overcome alcoholism?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Adam believe that the American rebels will ultimately prevail against the British?
2. What is the most noticeable event happening in "The Encampment"?
3. How does Obidiah betray his sister?
4. Why does Will go to the cathedral?
5. What must Jane do before she can accomplish her goal to serve as a nurse?
6. How do many English people feel about the American soldiers?
7. What major conflict is taking place in England, and who are the opposing sides?
8. What sort of political trouble is brewing at the opening of the chapter?
9. How do labor troubles lead to many convicts from Sarum being sent to Australia?
10. In "Journey From Sarum," what major changes have occurred for John and Robert Wilson?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)