|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the 1580s, the English fear an invasion by what nation?
2. What historically significant event is in progress at the beginning of the chapter?
(a) The Crimean War.
(b) World War II.
(c) The War of the Roses.
(d) World War I.
3. Whom does Patricia decide not to see anymore?
(a) Mark Tep.
(b) Bill Krona.
(d) John Mason.
4. In what town do Margaret and Samuel encounter fighting?
5. Which side of the civil war does Edmund choose?
(a) The Americans'.
(b) The Communists'.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Will Wilson decide to move?
2. Who rejects Jane's initial application?
3. What is the occupation of Obidiah?
4. To whom is Porteus married?
5. Where does Patricia meet the American pilot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What major conflict is taking place in England, and who are the opposing sides?
2. What sort of religious duplicity does Edward Shockley enact?
3. Despite success in their business deal, what sort of scandal erupts from Edward bringing Fleming to England?
4. Who is Bloody Mary, and how did she earn her name?
5. What must Jane do before she can accomplish her goal to serve as a nurse?
6. What major religious event has occurred throughout England?
7. What enables Jane, unlike many women of the time, to avoid marriage and work toward her goals?
8. How do Adam and Patricia meet? What is their initial fascination with each other? What ultimately happens in the relationship?
9. Despite participating in wars in other parts of the world, why is the time period covered in the chapter "The Calm" considered a time of peace for most English people?
10. In "Journey From Sarum," what major changes have occurred for John and Robert Wilson?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)