|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What war is taking place?
(a) The Anarchy.
(b) The French Revolution.
(c) The War of the Roses.
(d) The Welsh war.
2. What is the name of the local governmental council that Michael Shockley tries to join?
(a) The Aldermen.
(b) The Enlightened.
(c) The Mason's Guild.
(d) The Forty-Eight.
3. In the 1580s, the English fear an invasion by what nation?
4. Whom does Adam fight in 1777?
(a) The American rebels.
(b) His cousin.
(c) The Royalists.
5. In what year does "The Henge II" open?
(d) 200 B.C.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ruler commands the forces poised to attack England?
2. What causes the Shockley family's financial ruin?
3. What movement does Jane join toward the end of the chapter?
4. What is the occupation of Obidiah?
5. Which side wins an important naval battle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What major religious event has occurred throughout England?
2. What sort of political trouble is brewing at the opening of the chapter?
3. How did Peter Wilson go from being a smuggler to a sailor in the British Navy?
4. Even though she is neutral in the matter of king versus Parliament, how does Margaret come to lead a defense force?
5. How do Adam and Patricia meet? What is their initial fascination with each other? What ultimately happens in the relationship?
6. Who is Bloody Mary, and how did she earn her name?
7. What path does Adam take to become a soldier?
8. Why does Adam believe that the American rebels will ultimately prevail against the British?
9. What must Jane do before she can accomplish her goal to serve as a nurse?
10. How does Godefroi go about trying to improve his family's financial situation?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)