|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does "A Journey From Sarum" open?
2. What movement does Jane join toward the end of the chapter?
(a) The Nazis.
(b) The organic movement.
(c) The Abolitionists.
(d) The suffrage movement.
3. In what year does "The Henge II" open?
(d) 200 B.C.
4. What archeological site is being sold at auction?
(d) Hadrian's Wall.
5. In what town do Margaret and Samuel encounter fighting?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is head of the Shockley family?
2. Godfrey takes vows to become what?
3. Whom does Edward Shockley marry?
4. What sort of facility is Christchurch?
5. What do Abigail and Peter Mason remove from the cathedral?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do many English people feel about the American soldiers?
2. Despite participating in wars in other parts of the world, why is the time period covered in the chapter "The Calm" considered a time of peace for most English people?
3. What other community services does Jane contribute to while she is earning her nursing credentials?
4. How does Ralph lose his position at the school?
5. What path does Adam take to become a soldier?
6. What major religious event has occurred throughout England?
7. What major conflict is taking place in England, and who are the opposing sides?
8. What must Jane do before she can accomplish her goal to serve as a nurse?
9. How is Stonehenge at one time private property and later property of the British government?
10. Despite success in their business deal, what sort of scandal erupts from Edward bringing Fleming to England?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)