|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What movement does Jane join toward the end of the chapter?
(a) The Nazis.
(b) The suffrage movement.
(c) The organic movement.
(d) The Abolitionists.
2. Where does Will Wilson decide to move?
3. What war is taking place?
(a) The French Revolution.
(b) The Anarchy.
(c) The War of the Roses.
(d) The Welsh war.
4. Godfrey takes vows to become what?
(a) A nun.
(b) A sufi.
(c) A hermit.
(d) A medical doctor.
5. What sort of business does Benedict Mason own?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A bell foundry.
(d) A tavern.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is John Wilson's occupation?
2. In the 1580s, the English fear an invasion by what nation?
3. What is the name of the captured American boy?
4. Who is the governor at the school where Ralph teaches?
5. Whom does Edmund kill?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Adam believe that the American rebels will ultimately prevail against the British?
2. How is the Shockley family affected by the political crisis?
3. How does Ralph lose his position at the school?
4. How does Obidiah betray his sister?
5. How do Adam and Patricia meet? What is their initial fascination with each other? What ultimately happens in the relationship?
6. What major conflict is taking place in England, and who are the opposing sides?
7. What fortuitous event leads to Adam's marriage and relocation to America?
8. What sort of religious duplicity does Edward Shockley enact?
9. What other community services does Jane contribute to while she is earning her nursing credentials?
10. How do labor troubles lead to many convicts from Sarum being sent to Australia?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)