|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What influences Will's decision to move?
(a) A thunderstorm.
(b) The news from America.
(c) His mother.
(d) His teachers.
2. Who moves to the Godefroi estate?
(a) Truman Montgomery.
(b) Winston Lee.
(c) John and Robert Wilson.
3. Whom does Patricia decide not to see anymore?
(a) Bill Krona.
(b) Mark Tep.
(d) John Mason.
4. Why does Jane reject Joseph's proposal of marriage?
(a) Jane still hopes to marry John.
(b) Joseph has no money.
(c) Joseph was disfigured in the war.
(d) She wants to pursue nursing.
5. What is the name of the local governmental council that Michael Shockley tries to join?
(a) The Enlightened.
(b) The Mason's Guild.
(c) The Forty-Eight.
(d) The Aldermen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who obtains the seat on the Forty-Eight instead of Michael Shockley?
2. Whom does Edmund kill?
3. What is Peter Wilson's occupation?
4. What is the occupation of Obidiah?
5. Patricia is a driver for whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Ultimately, what effect do Jane's efforts have on Jethro Wilson and his children?
2. How is the Shockley family affected by the political crisis?
3. What must Jane do before she can accomplish her goal to serve as a nurse?
4. Why does a visit from Canon Nicodemus result in Ralph staying at the doctor's house?
5. Even though she is neutral in the matter of king versus Parliament, how does Margaret come to lead a defense force?
6. What other community services does Jane contribute to while she is earning her nursing credentials?
7. What major religious event has occurred throughout England?
8. How does Obidiah betray his sister?
9. Despite participating in wars in other parts of the world, why is the time period covered in the chapter "The Calm" considered a time of peace for most English people?
10. What major conflict is taking place in England, and who are the opposing sides?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)