|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Will Wilson decide to move?
2. To what group is Obidiah committed?
(a) The Puritans.
(b) The Royalists.
(c) The Fishmongers.
(d) The Masons.
3. How is the Sarum Plain used?
(a) As a training ground.
(b) For farming.
(c) For the construction of the Maginot Line.
(d) For construction of an observatory.
4. Obidiah accuses Margaret of __________.
5. What occupation does Adam want to pursue?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the purchaser do with the site?
2. Who purchases the site?
3. Who moves to the Godefroi estate?
4. In what year does "Empire" open?
5. What is the name of the captured American boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Despite participating in wars in other parts of the world, why is the time period covered in the chapter "The Calm" considered a time of peace for most English people?
2. What is the most noticeable event happening in "The Encampment"?
3. What enables Jane, unlike many women of the time, to avoid marriage and work toward her goals?
4. What path does Adam take to become a soldier?
5. What sort of religious duplicity does Edward Shockley enact?
6. How is Stonehenge at one time private property and later property of the British government?
7. Why does a visit from Canon Nicodemus result in Ralph staying at the doctor's house?
8. How does Godefroi go about trying to improve his family's financial situation?
9. Even though she is neutral in the matter of king versus Parliament, how does Margaret come to lead a defense force?
10. What major religious event has occurred throughout England?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)