|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What king has been forced to flee?
(a) King Charles.
(b) King Julius.
(c) King Henry.
(d) King David.
2. Where does Will Wilson decide to move?
3. What major military campaign is approaching?
(a) The Allied invasion of France.
(c) The Sack of Istanbul.
(d) The Norman Invasion.
4. Whom does Edward Shockley marry?
5. What must Jane do before her initial application is accepted?
(a) Acquire a degree in medicine.
(b) Pay the fee.
(c) Gain experience at a hospital.
(d) Produce proof of her divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What war is taking place?
2. What is the name of the prostitute Fleming meets?
3. To what group is Obidiah committed?
4. Who is Margaret's two-year-old brother?
5. What sort of facility is Christchurch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What other community services does Jane contribute to while she is earning her nursing credentials?
2. Despite participating in wars in other parts of the world, why is the time period covered in the chapter "The Calm" considered a time of peace for most English people?
3. Why does Will go to the cathedral?
4. What path does Adam take to become a soldier?
5. What sort of political trouble is brewing at the opening of the chapter?
6. Ultimately, what effect do Jane's efforts have on Jethro Wilson and his children?
7. How do many English people feel about the American soldiers?
8. How does Godefroi go about trying to improve his family's financial situation?
9. Who is Bloody Mary, and how did she earn her name?
10. Why does a visit from Canon Nicodemus result in Ralph staying at the doctor's house?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)