|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Edward Shockley marry?
2. What nickname does the new monarch earn?
(a) Bloody Mary.
(b) Deadly Luther.
(c) Bloody Bismarck.
(d) The hanging judge.
3. What war is taking place?
(a) The Welsh war.
(b) The French Revolution.
(c) The Anarchy.
(d) The War of the Roses.
4. To what group is Obidiah committed?
(a) The Masons.
(b) The Fishmongers.
(c) The Royalists.
(d) The Puritans.
5. Obidiah accuses Margaret of __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occupation would Adam's mother prefer that he pursue?
2. In what year does "The Encampment" open?
3. What sort of facility is Christchurch?
4. In the 1580s, the English fear an invasion by what nation?
5. What occupation does Jane Shockley want to pursue?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Stonehenge at one time private property and later property of the British government?
2. What other community services does Jane contribute to while she is earning her nursing credentials?
3. Why does Will go to the cathedral?
4. Despite participating in wars in other parts of the world, why is the time period covered in the chapter "The Calm" considered a time of peace for most English people?
5. How did Peter Wilson go from being a smuggler to a sailor in the British Navy?
6. Ultimately, what effect do Jane's efforts have on Jethro Wilson and his children?
7. How does Ralph lose his position at the school?
8. How do Adam and Patricia meet? What is their initial fascination with each other? What ultimately happens in the relationship?
9. How do labor troubles lead to many convicts from Sarum being sent to Australia?
10. What sort of political trouble is brewing at the opening of the chapter?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)