|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rejects Jane's initial application?
(a) John Shockley.
(b) Florence Nightingale.
2. How old is Jane at the opening of the chapter?
3. Whom does Patricia decide not to see anymore?
(a) Bill Krona.
(b) Mark Tep.
(c) John Mason.
4. Where does Jane's brother want her to visit?
5. Who ransacks Margaret's house?
(c) The Royalists.
(d) The Puritans.
Short Answer Questions
1. After his marriage, where does Adam relocate?
2. Who is Margaret's two-year-old brother?
3. What occupation does Adam want to pursue?
4. Hiller gives Adam a book by what author?
5. What religion is Edward Shockley's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What path does Adam take to become a soldier?
2. What must Jane do before she can accomplish her goal to serve as a nurse?
3. What enables Jane, unlike many women of the time, to avoid marriage and work toward her goals?
4. How is Stonehenge at one time private property and later property of the British government?
5. Why does a visit from Canon Nicodemus result in Ralph staying at the doctor's house?
6. In "Journey From Sarum," what major changes have occurred for John and Robert Wilson?
7. Why does Will go to the cathedral?
8. What other community services does Jane contribute to while she is earning her nursing credentials?
9. How did Peter Wilson go from being a smuggler to a sailor in the British Navy?
10. What sort of religious duplicity does Edward Shockley enact?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)