|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who precedes King Edward VI as ruler of England?
(a) King Charles.
(b) Queen Elizabeth I.
(c) Queen Anne.
(d) King Henry VIII.
2. Whom does Jane help overcome alcoholism?
(b) Jethro Wilson.
(c) John Shockley.
(d) Joseph Porter.
3. In the 1580s, the English fear an invasion by what nation?
4. In what year does Adam return to Sarum?
5. What sort of facility is Christchurch?
(a) A port.
(b) A cathedral.
(c) A monastery.
(d) A prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is George Forest's son?
2. Who is Margaret's two-year-old brother?
3. What Catholic becomes the English monarch?
4. Whom does Patricia decide not to see anymore?
5. Which side of the civil war does Edmund choose?
Short Essay Questions
1. What fortuitous event leads to Adam's marriage and relocation to America?
2. What is the most noticeable event happening in "The Encampment"?
3. What major religious event has occurred throughout England?
4. Ultimately, what effect do Jane's efforts have on Jethro Wilson and his children?
5. How does Obidiah betray his sister?
6. Despite participating in wars in other parts of the world, why is the time period covered in the chapter "The Calm" considered a time of peace for most English people?
7. How does Godefroi go about trying to improve his family's financial situation?
8. Why does Will go to the cathedral?
9. Who is Bloody Mary, and how did she earn her name?
10. Why does a visit from Canon Nicodemus result in Ralph staying at the doctor's house?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)