|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Edward Shockley marry?
2. What sort of facility is Christchurch?
(a) A port.
(b) A monastery.
(c) A cathedral.
(d) A prison.
3. To what group is Obidiah committed?
(a) The Royalists.
(b) The Fishmongers.
(c) The Puritans.
(d) The Masons.
4. Where are the arrested labor activists sent?
5. In the 1580s, the English fear an invasion by what nation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the Shockley family's financial ruin?
2. What sort of business does Benedict Mason own?
3. In what year does "The Encampment" open?
4. Who precedes King Edward VI as ruler of England?
5. What is the occupation of Obidiah?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do labor troubles lead to many convicts from Sarum being sent to Australia?
2. How do many English people feel about the American soldiers?
3. What fortuitous event leads to Adam's marriage and relocation to America?
4. What major religious event has occurred throughout England?
5. What sort of political trouble is brewing at the opening of the chapter?
6. What enables Jane, unlike many women of the time, to avoid marriage and work toward her goals?
7. Even though she is neutral in the matter of king versus Parliament, how does Margaret come to lead a defense force?
8. How did Peter Wilson go from being a smuggler to a sailor in the British Navy?
9. Why does Adam believe that the American rebels will ultimately prevail against the British?
10. Why does a visit from Canon Nicodemus result in Ralph staying at the doctor's house?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)