|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who provides the evidence that exonerates Margaret?
2. What archeological site is being sold at auction?
(c) Hadrian's Wall.
3. What historic event prevents Napoleon from attempting to invade England?
(a) The intervention of the United States.
(b) The Black Death.
(c) The Spanish Armada.
(d) Austria's declaration of war against France.
4. After his marriage, where does Adam relocate?
5. In what town do Margaret and Samuel encounter fighting?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does "Empire" open?
2. What causes the Shockley family's financial ruin?
3. What sort of business does Benedict Mason own?
4. What religion is Edward Shockley's wife?
5. In what year does "A Journey From Sarum" open?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do labor troubles lead to many convicts from Sarum being sent to Australia?
2. How is the Shockley family affected by the political crisis?
3. What sort of political trouble is brewing at the opening of the chapter?
4. Why does Adam believe that the American rebels will ultimately prevail against the British?
5. Why does a visit from Canon Nicodemus result in Ralph staying at the doctor's house?
6. Who is Bloody Mary, and how did she earn her name?
7. Despite success in their business deal, what sort of scandal erupts from Edward bringing Fleming to England?
8. What major religious event has occurred throughout England?
9. How does Obidiah betray his sister?
10. In "Journey From Sarum," what major changes have occurred for John and Robert Wilson?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)