|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illegal activity has Godric been pursuing?
(b) Alcohol distillation.
(c) Bank fraud.
2. Why does Claudius hate the Druids?
(a) They are pacifists.
(b) They are vegetarian.
(c) They engage in human sacrifice.
(d) They paint trees blue.
3. Who is chosen to build the new Stonehenge?
4. How are the high priest and the ruling chief related?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are brother and sister.
(c) They are brothers.
(d) They are father and son.
5. The summer of 1139 began a time of political trouble known as ____________.
(a) The Black Death.
(b) The War of the Roses.
(c) The Anarchy.
(d) The Reformation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicholas do to escape suffering from the plague?
2. How many children do Hwll and Ulla produce?
3. Whose daughter marries Porteus?
4. Who is appointed governor of Britannia?
5. Martin Shockley becomes a follower of whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What sort of religious compromise do the farmers and hunters reach?
2. Why does Nicholas live in the city instead of with his Aunt Agnes at the sheep house?
3. Why does the marriage between Porteus and Tosutigus's daughter fail?
4. How does the river play a part in the beginning of the affair between Katesh and Tark?
5. What are some examples of quarrels between women disturbing the peace.
6. Why is Godric hanged even after his uncle pays a bribe?
7. What religious secret does Petrus conceal?
8. Why does Dluc tell Krona that they must sacrifice Krona's firstborn?
9. What connection do rats and fleas have to the Black Death?
10. Why do both church and state government need each other at this time?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)