|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the high priest?
2. Why must Tep leave the camp after three years?
(a) There is no longer enough game.
(b) He wants to become a druid.
(c) He has a second wife and family.
(d) He rapes Akun.
3. Where does Nicholas go after leaving the sheep house?
(b) The nunnery.
(d) The city.
4. Where do Ulla and her children live after Tep's death?
(a) Hwll's camp.
(c) In the mountains.
(d) In the bear cave.
5. Who arbitrates the dispute between Parliament and King Henry?
(a) The Pope.
(b) The Duke of Bristol.
(c) The King of France.
(d) The Prince of Wales.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children do Hwll and Ulla produce?
2. Rats with fleas bring what to England?
3. When did the Normans conquer England?
4. From where does William atte Brigge sell his goods?
5. Whom does Petrus want to hire to defend Sarum?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the marriage between Porteus and Tosutigus's daughter fail?
2. What connection does the carved figure Nooma finds have to the past?
3. After the plague, why do wages rise so high?
4. Why do both church and state government need each other at this time?
5. Why does Nicholas live in the city instead of with his Aunt Agnes at the sheep house?
6. How does the king raising taxes on Jews affect Godefroi and Shockley's loan?
7. How did the practice of farming come to England?
8. What sort of economic arrangement do the farmers and hunters make concerning pelts?
9. Why does Petrus's father have Petrus imprisoned?
10. How does William Shockley get news about situations in places far from home?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)