|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new name does Tosutigus earn?
(a) Blue Tree.
(b) Tosutigus the Liar.
(c) Iron Hand.
(d) Tosutigus the Defender.
2. How long after the opening chapter does "The Barrow" begin?
(a) 3500 years.
(b) 1000 years.
(c) Three generations.
(d) Six months.
3. The summer of 1139 began a time of political trouble known as ____________.
(a) The War of the Roses.
(b) The Reformation.
(c) The Anarchy.
(d) The Black Death.
4. The king raises taxes on whom?
(a) The Icene.
(b) The Jews.
(c) The Welsh.
(d) The Saxons.
5. How many children do Hwll and Ulla produce?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of business has made Edward Shockley prosperous?
2. In what year does "The Castle" open?
3. The Anglo Saxons are fighting an invasion by whom?
4. Whom does Osmund suspect of stealing his work of art?
5. In what year does "The Death" open?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Bloody Mary, and how did she earn her name?
2. How is the Shockley family affected by the political crisis?
3. Despite participating in wars in other parts of the world, why is the time period covered in the chapter "The Calm" considered a time of peace for most English people?
4. Why does Nicholas live in the city instead of with his Aunt Agnes at the sheep house?
5. Why does the marriage between Porteus and Tosutigus's daughter fail?
6. What is the most noticeable event happening in "The Encampment"?
7. What connection does the carved figure Nooma finds have to the past?
8. Why are so many young women sacrificed while Krona grieves over the loss of his wife and child?
9. In April of 1985, why are the people of Salisbury expecting a visit by the Prince of Wales?
10. What major conflict is taking place in England, and who are the opposing sides?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)