|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were Krona's sons killed?
(a) At sea.
(b) In Ireland.
(c) At Stonehenge.
(d) In Scotland.
2. What does the king tax to finance his wars?
3. How does Tep die?
(c) Ceremonial suicide.
(d) Hunting accident.
4. Whom does Osmund suspect of stealing his work of art?
5. When is Osmund admitted to the mason guild?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tep lead Hwll and his family?
2. How long after the opening chapter does "The Barrow" begin?
3. Where does Nicholas go after leaving the sheep house?
4. Hwll and his family reach the estuary of what river?
5. Instead of armed resistance, what does Tosutigus's plan involve?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the people of Sarum hold Tosutigus in low regard?
2. What religious secret does Petrus conceal?
3. Why must the King of France settle a dispute in England?
4. What is the source of the disagreement between Petrus and his father early in the chapter?
5. After the plague, why do wages rise so high?
6. Why is Godric hanged even after his uncle pays a bribe?
7. How does the river play a part in the beginning of the affair between Katesh and Tark?
8. Why are so many young women sacrificed while Krona grieves over the loss of his wife and child?
9. How did the practice of farming come to England?
10. What does Tosutigus expect from surrendering to the Romans?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)