|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Judean slave with whom Porteus has an affair?
2. How are the high priest and the ruling chief related?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are father and son.
(c) They are brothers.
(d) They are brother and sister.
3. What does Nicholas do to escape suffering from the plague?
(a) Becomes a monk.
(b) Commits suicide.
(c) Gets vaccinated.
(d) Joins the navy.
4. Where were Krona's sons killed?
(a) In Ireland.
(b) In Scotland.
(c) At Stonehenge.
(d) At sea.
5. The king raises taxes on whom?
(a) The Welsh.
(b) The Jews.
(c) The Icene.
(d) The Saxons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sort of business has made Edward Shockley prosperous?
2. Who is chosen to build the new Stonehenge?
3. Who is appointed governor of Britannia?
4. Who is the high priest?
5. How many generations have passed since Krona the Warrior and the current Krona?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tosutigus expect from surrendering to the Romans?
2. How does the king raising taxes on Jews affect Godefroi and Shockley's loan?
3. How does the river play a part in the beginning of the affair between Katesh and Tark?
4. What connection do rats and fleas have to the Black Death?
5. Why do both church and state government need each other at this time?
6. Why does the marriage between Porteus and Tosutigus's daughter fail?
7. Why does Dluc tell Krona that they must sacrifice Krona's firstborn?
8. After the plague, why do wages rise so high?
9. Why must the King of France settle a dispute in England?
10. How did the practice of farming come to England?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)