|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ultimately happens to Godric as a result of his poaching?
(a) He is hanged.
(b) He is drafted into the king's army.
(c) He inherits the royal forest.
(d) He meets his future wife.
2. How many years before the birth of Christ, or the Common Era (C.E.), does the novel open?
3. What two tribes revolt against the Romans in 60 A.D.?
(a) The Cherokee and the Comanche.
(b) The Picts and the Vandals.
(c) The Icene and the Trinovantes.
(d) The Saxons and the Angles.
4. Why must Tep leave the camp after three years?
(a) He wants to become a druid.
(b) There is no longer enough game.
(c) He rapes Akun.
(d) He has a second wife and family.
5. To whom does Godefroi rent his sheep house?
(a) His son.
(b) The Masons.
(c) His brother.
(d) The Shockley's.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Normans conquer England?
2. How many children do Hwll and Ulla produce?
3. When is Osmund admitted to the mason guild?
4. Whom does Alicia marry?
5. Who is the current king?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Godric hanged even after his uncle pays a bribe?
2. What are some examples of quarrels between women disturbing the peace.
3. What sort of economic arrangement do the farmers and hunters make concerning pelts?
4. Why does Port announce that he will give a gold cross to the nunnery?
5. What is the source of the disagreement between Petrus and his father early in the chapter?
6. Why does Godefroi ask John of Shockley to take his wife and children away?
7. What does Tosutigus expect from surrendering to the Romans?
8. Why does Petrus's father have Petrus imprisoned?
9. Why is Caius Porteus labeled a traitor and sent to Sorviodunum?
10. How does Osmund's admission to the mason guild not go as planned.
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)