|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month does a civil war begin?
2. The king raises taxes on whom?
(a) The Icene.
(b) The Jews.
(c) The Welsh.
(d) The Saxons.
3. What sort of business has made Edward Shockley prosperous?
4. Instead of armed resistance, what does Tosutigus's plan involve?
(a) Paying German mercenaries.
(b) Destroying Sarum before the Romans take over.
(c) Praying for an earthquake.
5. Who arrives to fight Petrus and the German mercenaries?
(a) The Spaniards.
(b) The Vandals.
(c) The Greeks.
(d) The Saxons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the king tax to finance his wars?
2. How does Tep die?
3. Rats with fleas bring what to England?
4. Where is the new cathedral being built?
5. What does Thane Aelfwald announce that he will build?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the marriage between Porteus and Tosutigus's daughter fail?
2. Why are so many young women sacrificed while Krona grieves over the loss of his wife and child?
3. How does the river play a part in the beginning of the affair between Katesh and Tark?
4. Why does Dluc tell Krona that they must sacrifice Krona's firstborn?
5. How does the practice of tomb building begin in the region of Stonehenge?
6. What does Tosutigus expect from surrendering to the Romans?
7. Why does Petrus's father have Petrus imprisoned?
8. What sort of religious compromise do the farmers and hunters reach?
9. Why is Godric hanged even after his uncle pays a bribe?
10. Why must the King of France settle a dispute in England?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)