|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brings a bride for Krona?
2. Where is Caius Porteus sent after he protests the policy of destroying villages?
(a) The salt mines.
3. Where were Krona's sons killed?
(a) In Ireland.
(b) At sea.
(c) In Scotland.
(d) At Stonehenge.
4. Where is the new cathedral being built?
(b) New Salisbury.
5. The king raises taxes on whom?
(a) The Saxons.
(b) The Welsh.
(c) The Jews.
(d) The Icene.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ultimately happens to Godric as a result of his poaching?
2. In what year does "The Foundling" open?
3. What sort of business has made Edward Shockley prosperous?
4. In what month does a civil war begin?
5. Whom does Osmund suspect of stealing his work of art?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the source of the disagreement between Petrus and his father early in the chapter?
2. Why does the marriage between Porteus and Tosutigus's daughter fail?
3. How does William Shockley get news about situations in places far from home?
4. Why do the people of Sarum hold Tosutigus in low regard?
5. Why does Petrus's father have Petrus imprisoned?
6. Why is Godric hanged even after his uncle pays a bribe?
7. How does the king raising taxes on Jews affect Godefroi and Shockley's loan?
8. What connection do rats and fleas have to the Black Death?
9. What connection does the carved figure Nooma finds have to the past?
10. What sort of economic arrangement do the farmers and hunters make concerning pelts?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)