|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Nicholas go after leaving the sheep house?
(a) The city.
(d) The nunnery.
2. In what year does "The Two Rivers" open?
3. Who arbitrates the dispute between Parliament and King Henry?
(a) The Pope.
(b) The Prince of Wales.
(c) The King of France.
(d) The Duke of Bristol.
4. Where is the new cathedral being built?
(d) New Salisbury.
5. Why is Caius Porteus ordered to destroy a village?
(a) The village harbored Viet Cong.
(b) The chief druid was born in that village.
(c) There is a case of the plague in that village.
(d) The village did not pay taxes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the king tax to finance his wars?
2. What does Nicholas do to escape suffering from the plague?
3. Who is Hwll's companion?
4. What ultimately happens to Godric as a result of his poaching?
5. Why is Godefroi hesitant to travel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why must the King of France settle a dispute in England?
2. What are some examples of quarrels between women disturbing the peace.
3. Why are so many young women sacrificed while Krona grieves over the loss of his wife and child?
4. How does the practice of tomb building begin in the region of Stonehenge?
5. How did the political troubles between the king and the knights begin?
6. How did the practice of farming come to England?
7. How does the river play a part in the beginning of the affair between Katesh and Tark?
8. What connection do rats and fleas have to the Black Death?
9. Why is Caius Porteus labeled a traitor and sent to Sorviodunum?
10. What religious secret does Petrus conceal?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)