|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Adam fight in 1777?
(a) His cousin.
(c) The American rebels.
(d) The Royalists.
2. In what year does "The Unrest" open?
3. Who precedes King Edward VI as ruler of England?
(a) Queen Elizabeth I.
(b) King Charles.
(c) King Henry VIII.
(d) Queen Anne.
4. Which side wins an important naval battle?
(a) The Germans.
(b) The British.
(c) The French.
(d) The Russians.
5. What king has been forced to flee?
(a) King Julius.
(b) King Charles.
(c) King David.
(d) King Henry.
6. What causes the Shockley family's financial ruin?
(a) Investment in the South Sea Bubble.
(b) The low price of wool.
(c) David's careless budgeting.
(d) The war.
7. Godfrey takes vows to become what?
(a) A medical doctor.
(b) A sufi.
(c) A nun.
(d) A hermit.
8. What historically significant event is in progress at the beginning of the chapter?
(a) The Crimean War.
(b) World War I.
(c) The War of the Roses.
(d) World War II.
9. In what year does "The Encampment" open?
10. Hiller gives Adam a book by what author?
(a) Henry Fielding.
(b) Alexander Pope.
(c) Homer Ovid.
(d) Thomas Paine.
11. In what year does "The Rose" open?
12. How old is Jane at the opening of the chapter?
13. In what year does Adam return to Sarum?
14. In what service is Peter Wilson forced to serve?
(a) The Missionary Corps.
(b) The British Navy.
(c) The Red Cross.
(d) The Coast Guard.
15. What other job does Jane hold while she gains experience at a hospital?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the purchaser do with the site?
2. Who obtains the seat on the Forty-Eight instead of Michael Shockley?
3. In what year does "The Henge II" open?
4. What is Joseph Porter's occupation?
5. After his marriage, where does Adam relocate?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)