|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occupation would Adam's mother prefer that he pursue?
2. Godfrey takes vows to become what?
(a) A medical doctor.
(b) A hermit.
(c) A nun.
(d) A sufi.
3. What must Jane do before her initial application is accepted?
(a) Acquire a degree in medicine.
(b) Produce proof of her divorce.
(c) Pay the fee.
(d) Gain experience at a hospital.
4. In what year does "The Calm" open?
5. What is the occupation of Obidiah?
6. What movement does Jane join toward the end of the chapter?
(a) The suffrage movement.
(b) The Abolitionists.
(c) The Nazis.
(d) The organic movement.
7. What influences Will's decision to move?
(a) A thunderstorm.
(b) His teachers.
(c) His mother.
(d) The news from America.
8. Where does Patricia meet the American pilot?
(b) The Red Cross.
(c) The Crimean War.
9. What is the name of the prostitute Fleming meets?
(a) Nellie Mason.
(b) Katherine Shockley.
(c) Jane Shockley.
(d) Nellie Godfrey.
10. Where did Adam earn his promotion to Captain?
11. Who gives Jane shelter during a thunderstorm?
(a) Adam Shockley.
(d) Joseph Porter.
12. What is the name of the American pilot Patricia Shockley meets?
(a) Adam Mason.
(b) Adam Shockley.
(c) Adam Forest.
(d) Adam Wilson.
13. Where does Nellie go to avoid public whipping?
14. In what year does "Boney" open?
15. After his marriage, where does Adam relocate?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is John Wilson's occupation?
2. Hiller gives Adam a book by what author?
3. What king has been forced to flee?
4. What is the name of the local governmental council that Michael Shockley tries to join?
5. In what year does "New World" open?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)