|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the captured American boy?
(a) John Hiller.
(b) Harry Sloane.
(c) Will Rogers.
(d) Samuel Spade.
2. Who gives Jane shelter during a thunderstorm?
(b) Adam Shockley.
(d) Joseph Porter.
3. Who is George Forest's son?
4. In what year does Adam return to Sarum?
5. What major military campaign is approaching?
(b) The Norman Invasion.
(c) The Allied invasion of France.
(d) The Sack of Istanbul.
6. What war is taking place?
(a) The Welsh war.
(b) The French Revolution.
(c) The Anarchy.
(d) The War of the Roses.
7. Where are the arrested labor activists sent?
8. In what year does "Empire" open?
9. Where does Jane's brother want her to visit?
10. What must Jane do before her initial application is accepted?
(a) Gain experience at a hospital.
(b) Produce proof of her divorce.
(c) Pay the fee.
(d) Acquire a degree in medicine.
11. In what town do Margaret and Samuel encounter fighting?
12. What sort of business does Benedict Mason own?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A tavern.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A bell foundry.
13. Obidiah accuses Margaret of __________.
14. In what service is Peter Wilson forced to serve?
(a) The British Navy.
(b) The Coast Guard.
(c) The Missionary Corps.
(d) The Red Cross.
15. In the 1580s, the English fear an invasion by what nation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the local governmental council that Michael Shockley tries to join?
2. How old is Jane at the opening of the chapter?
3. What influences Will's decision to move?
4. What historically significant event is in progress at the beginning of the chapter?
5. Where did Adam earn his promotion to Captain?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)