|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who precedes King Edward VI as ruler of England?
(a) King Henry VIII.
(b) Queen Elizabeth I.
(c) Queen Anne.
(d) King Charles.
2. Which side of the civil war does Edmund choose?
(a) The Communists'.
(c) The Americans'.
3. Who is head of the Shockley family?
4. How old is Jane at the opening of the chapter?
5. Where does Jane's brother want her to visit?
6. What sort of facility is Christchurch?
(a) A cathedral.
(b) A port.
(c) A prison.
(d) A monastery.
7. What religion is Edward Shockley's wife?
8. What do Abigail and Peter Mason remove from the cathedral?
(a) The collection box.
(b) A body.
(d) A stained glass window.
9. In what year does "New World" open?
10. In what year does "The Encampment" open?
11. In what year does Adam return to Sarum?
12. What is the name of the local governmental council that Michael Shockley tries to join?
(a) The Forty-Eight.
(b) The Enlightened.
(c) The Aldermen.
(d) The Mason's Guild.
13. What sort of business does Benedict Mason own?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A bell foundry.
(c) A tavern.
(d) A hotel.
14. Who moves to the Godefroi estate?
(b) John and Robert Wilson.
(c) Winston Lee.
(d) Truman Montgomery.
15. Who is the governor at the school where Ralph teaches?
(a) Lord Forest.
(b) Will Shockley.
(c) Earl Godefroi.
(d) Adam Mason.
Short Answer Questions
1. What influences Will's decision to move?
2. What nickname does the new monarch earn?
3. Who gives Jane shelter during a thunderstorm?
4. What ruler commands the forces poised to attack England?
5. Where does Patricia meet the American pilot?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)