|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his marriage, where does Adam relocate?
2. What influences Will's decision to move?
(a) His mother.
(b) A thunderstorm.
(c) His teachers.
(d) The news from America.
3. Who ransacks Margaret's house?
(b) The Royalists.
(c) The Puritans.
4. Who is the governor at the school where Ralph teaches?
(a) Lord Forest.
(b) Adam Mason.
(c) Will Shockley.
(d) Earl Godefroi.
5. Who obtains the seat on the Forty-Eight instead of Michael Shockley?
(b) John Wilson.
6. To what group is Obidiah committed?
(a) The Fishmongers.
(b) The Masons.
(c) The Puritans.
(d) The Royalists.
7. Who moves to the Godefroi estate?
(a) John and Robert Wilson.
(c) Winston Lee.
(d) Truman Montgomery.
8. Who purchases the site?
(a) Margaret Mason.
(b) Jane Shockley.
(c) John Shockley.
(d) Cecil H.E. Chubb.
9. In what year does "New World" open?
10. Who is head of the Shockley family?
11. What Catholic becomes the English monarch?
12. Why does Jane reject Joseph's proposal of marriage?
(a) Joseph has no money.
(b) Joseph was disfigured in the war.
(c) Jane still hopes to marry John.
(d) She wants to pursue nursing.
13. To whom is Porteus married?
(b) Nellie Godfrey.
(d) Francis Shockley.
14. Which side wins an important naval battle?
(a) The British.
(b) The Russians.
(c) The French.
(d) The Germans.
15. What sort of business does Benedict Mason own?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A tavern.
(c) A bell foundry.
(d) A restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What historic event prevents Napoleon from attempting to invade England?
2. Who is Margaret's two-year-old brother?
3. Whom does Edward Shockley marry?
4. What must Jane do before her initial application is accepted?
5. Hiller gives Adam a book by what author?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)