|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who moves to the Godefroi estate?
(a) John and Robert Wilson.
(b) Truman Montgomery.
(d) Winston Lee.
2. Godfrey takes vows to become what?
(a) A nun.
(b) A hermit.
(c) A sufi.
(d) A medical doctor.
3. What historic event prevents Napoleon from attempting to invade England?
(a) The Black Death.
(b) The Spanish Armada.
(c) Austria's declaration of war against France.
(d) The intervention of the United States.
4. Who obtains the seat on the Forty-Eight instead of Michael Shockley?
(d) John Wilson.
5. What is the name of the local governmental council that Michael Shockley tries to join?
(a) The Aldermen.
(b) The Enlightened.
(c) The Mason's Guild.
(d) The Forty-Eight.
6. Obidiah accuses Margaret of __________.
7. Whom does Patricia decide not to see anymore?
(a) Bill Krona.
(b) Mark Tep.
(d) John Mason.
8. What is the name of the American pilot Patricia Shockley meets?
(a) Adam Forest.
(b) Adam Mason.
(c) Adam Shockley.
(d) Adam Wilson.
9. Why does Jane reject Joseph's proposal of marriage?
(a) She wants to pursue nursing.
(b) Joseph was disfigured in the war.
(c) Jane still hopes to marry John.
(d) Joseph has no money.
10. What is John Wilson's occupation?
11. Who precedes King Edward VI as ruler of England?
(a) King Henry VIII.
(b) Queen Elizabeth I.
(c) King Charles.
(d) Queen Anne.
12. What ruler commands the forces poised to attack England?
13. Which side of the civil war does Edmund choose?
(b) The Americans'.
(c) The Communists'.
14. What must Jane do before her initial application is accepted?
(a) Gain experience at a hospital.
(b) Produce proof of her divorce.
(c) Pay the fee.
(d) Acquire a degree in medicine.
15. What causes the Shockley family's financial ruin?
(a) Investment in the South Sea Bubble.
(b) David's careless budgeting.
(c) The war.
(d) The low price of wool.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does "New World" open?
2. Where does Peter deliver his contraband?
3. Which side wins an important naval battle?
4. Hiller gives Adam a book by what author?
5. Where did Adam earn his promotion to Captain?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)