|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major military campaign is approaching?
(b) The Allied invasion of France.
(c) The Norman Invasion.
(d) The Sack of Istanbul.
2. What is the occupation of Obidiah?
3. Who rejects Jane's initial application?
(b) Florence Nightingale.
(c) John Shockley.
4. What sort of facility is Christchurch?
(a) A prison.
(b) A port.
(c) A monastery.
(d) A cathedral.
5. Who purchases the site?
(a) Cecil H.E. Chubb.
(b) Margaret Mason.
(c) Jane Shockley.
(d) John Shockley.
6. What archeological site is being sold at auction?
(a) Hadrian's Wall.
7. Whom does Edward Shockley marry?
8. Who moves to the Godefroi estate?
(a) Truman Montgomery.
(b) John and Robert Wilson.
(d) Winston Lee.
9. Whom does Jane help overcome alcoholism?
(a) Jethro Wilson.
(b) John Shockley.
(d) Joseph Porter.
10. What religion is Edward Shockley's wife?
11. What causes the Shockley family's financial ruin?
(a) The low price of wool.
(b) Investment in the South Sea Bubble.
(c) The war.
(d) David's careless budgeting.
12. Patricia is a driver for whom?
(a) Meals on Wheels.
(b) General Wilson.
(c) The Metropolitan Transit Agency.
(d) Lord Slayton.
13. What does the purchaser do with the site?
(a) Renovates it for a restaurant.
(b) Donates it to the nation.
(c) Converts it to an iron foundry.
(d) Sells it again at profit.
14. After his marriage, where does Adam relocate?
15. Obidiah accuses Margaret of __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What movement does Jane join toward the end of the chapter?
2. What is Joseph Porter's occupation?
3. Who ransacks Margaret's house?
4. Which side of the civil war does Edmund choose?
5. What Catholic becomes the English monarch?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)