|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does "The Calm" open?
2. Whom does Edward Shockley marry?
3. What is the name of the prostitute Fleming meets?
(a) Nellie Godfrey.
(b) Jane Shockley.
(c) Katherine Shockley.
(d) Nellie Mason.
4. In what service is Peter Wilson forced to serve?
(a) The Coast Guard.
(b) The British Navy.
(c) The Missionary Corps.
(d) The Red Cross.
5. What do Abigail and Peter Mason remove from the cathedral?
(a) A body.
(b) The collection box.
(d) A stained glass window.
6. What historic event prevents Napoleon from attempting to invade England?
(a) The Spanish Armada.
(b) The Black Death.
(c) The intervention of the United States.
(d) Austria's declaration of war against France.
7. What other job does Jane hold while she gains experience at a hospital?
8. In what year does "Boney" open?
9. Who precedes King Edward VI as ruler of England?
(a) King Charles.
(b) King Henry VIII.
(c) Queen Anne.
(d) Queen Elizabeth I.
10. Who obtains the seat on the Forty-Eight instead of Michael Shockley?
(a) John Wilson.
11. What religion is Edward Shockley's wife?
12. What ruler commands the forces poised to attack England?
13. What must Jane do before her initial application is accepted?
(a) Pay the fee.
(b) Produce proof of her divorce.
(c) Gain experience at a hospital.
(d) Acquire a degree in medicine.
14. Whom does Nellie marry?
(a) Godfrey Jones.
(b) Jack Wilson.
(c) Ian Fleming.
(d) Will Shockley.
15. Who rejects Jane's initial application?
(a) Florence Nightingale.
(d) John Shockley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jane reject Joseph's proposal of marriage?
2. In what year does "New World" open?
3. Where did Adam earn his promotion to Captain?
4. What nickname does the new monarch earn?
5. What occupation does Jane Shockley want to pursue?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)