|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who obtains the seat on the Forty-Eight instead of Michael Shockley?
(a) John Wilson.
2. Where does Will Wilson decide to move?
3. In what year does "Empire" open?
4. Where does Jane's brother want her to visit?
5. To whom is Porteus married?
(c) Francis Shockley.
(d) Nellie Godfrey.
6. Who is George Forest's son?
7. What occupation does Jane Shockley want to pursue?
(b) The law.
(c) The military.
8. Where does Edward travel to find an agent?
9. What religion is Edward Shockley's wife?
10. Where are the arrested labor activists sent?
11. What occupation would Adam's mother prefer that he pursue?
12. Which side wins an important naval battle?
(a) The French.
(b) The British.
(c) The Germans.
(d) The Russians.
13. What causes the Shockley family's financial ruin?
(a) The low price of wool.
(b) Investment in the South Sea Bubble.
(c) David's careless budgeting.
(d) The war.
14. What ambition does Godfrey have for his son Oliver?
(a) To become a soldier.
(b) To become a monk.
(c) To become a member of Parliament.
(d) To become king.
15. What nickname does the new monarch earn?
(a) Deadly Luther.
(b) Bloody Mary.
(c) The hanging judge.
(d) Bloody Bismarck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ruler commands the forces poised to attack England?
2. Where did Adam earn his promotion to Captain?
3. Whom does Patricia decide not to see anymore?
4. In what year does Adam return to Sarum?
5. What is the name of the captured American boy?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)