|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname does the new monarch earn?
(a) Bloody Mary.
(b) Bloody Bismarck.
(c) The hanging judge.
(d) Deadly Luther.
2. What movement does Jane join toward the end of the chapter?
(a) The Nazis.
(b) The organic movement.
(c) The suffrage movement.
(d) The Abolitionists.
3. What Catholic becomes the English monarch?
4. Where does Peter deliver his contraband?
5. Who precedes King Edward VI as ruler of England?
(a) Queen Elizabeth I.
(b) King Charles.
(c) King Henry VIII.
(d) Queen Anne.
6. What king has been forced to flee?
(a) King David.
(b) King Julius.
(c) King Charles.
(d) King Henry.
7. Where does Jane's brother want her to visit?
8. In what year does "Boney" open?
9. Where does Nellie go to avoid public whipping?
10. What is the name of the prostitute Fleming meets?
(a) Nellie Mason.
(b) Jane Shockley.
(c) Katherine Shockley.
(d) Nellie Godfrey.
11. Who moves to the Godefroi estate?
(a) John and Robert Wilson.
(b) Truman Montgomery.
(d) Winston Lee.
12. Whom does Jane help overcome alcoholism?
(b) Joseph Porter.
(c) John Shockley.
(d) Jethro Wilson.
13. What causes the Shockley family's financial ruin?
(a) Investment in the South Sea Bubble.
(b) The war.
(c) The low price of wool.
(d) David's careless budgeting.
14. What other job does Jane hold while she gains experience at a hospital?
15. Who gives Jane shelter during a thunderstorm?
(a) Adam Shockley.
(b) Joseph Porter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occupation does Adam want to pursue?
2. In the 1580s, the English fear an invasion by what nation?
3. Whom does Edmund kill?
4. Whom does Nellie marry?
5. Who ransacks Margaret's house?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)