|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The king raises taxes on whom?
(a) The Saxons.
(b) The Jews.
(c) The Icene.
(d) The Welsh.
2. Who arrives to fight Petrus and the German mercenaries?
(a) The Saxons.
(b) The Vandals.
(c) The Spaniards.
(d) The Greeks.
3. Rats with fleas bring what to England?
(a) The Black Death.
(d) Small pox.
4. Porteus wants to use his money ______________.
(a) To buy more slaves.
(b) To travel to Delphi.
(c) To arm the militia.
(d) To become a thane.
5. What two tribes revolt against the Romans in 60 A.D.?
(a) The Saxons and the Angles.
(b) The Picts and the Vandals.
(c) The Cherokee and the Comanche.
(d) The Icene and the Trinovantes.
6. How many children do Hwll and his companion have?
7. What Roman Emperor decides to conquer Britain?
(d) Julius Caesar.
8. Martin Shockley becomes a follower of whom?
(a) Martin Luther.
(b) John Wilson.
(c) King Carlos.
9. What does Nicholas do to escape suffering from the plague?
(a) Joins the navy.
(b) Commits suicide.
(c) Gets vaccinated.
(d) Becomes a monk.
10. Why does Katesh jump into the river?
(a) She sees gold in the water.
(b) To save her baby.
(c) Dluc commanded her to jump.
(d) To flee from Omnic.
11. At what point in time does "The Henge" open?
(c) 50 B.C.
(d) 2000 B.C.
12. In whose favor does the French king rule?
(a) King Henry.
(c) The mason's guild.
(d) The Jews.
13. Whom does Petrus want to hire to defend Sarum?
(a) Scottish shepherds.
(b) German mercenaries.
(d) The Saxons.
14. From where does William atte Brigge sell his goods?
(a) From his boat.
(b) From a cart.
(c) From the gate at Stonehenge.
(d) From the back of Shockley's store.
15. How many years before the birth of Christ, or the Common Era (C.E.), does the novel open?
Short Answer Questions
1. What illegal activity has Godric been pursuing?
2. How many generations have passed since Krona the Warrior and the current Krona?
3. In what year are rising wages regulated?
4. What do the Romans call the area of Sarum?
5. Who is the ruling chief?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)