|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after the opening chapter does "The Barrow" begin?
(a) Three generations.
(b) 1000 years.
(c) Six months.
(d) 3500 years.
2. In what year are rising wages regulated?
3. Whom does Petrus want to hire to defend Sarum?
(a) Scottish shepherds.
(c) German mercenaries.
(d) The Saxons.
4. Whom does Osmund suspect of stealing his work of art?
5. Whose daughter marries Porteus?
6. The summer of 1139 began a time of political trouble known as ____________.
(a) The Anarchy.
(b) The War of the Roses.
(c) The Reformation.
(d) The Black Death.
7. The Anglo Saxons are fighting an invasion by whom?
(a) The Visigoths.
(b) The Vikings.
(c) The Vandals.
(d) The Picts.
8. How does Krona's bride die?
(a) In a sacrifice ceremony.
(b) Dluc stabs her.
(c) In childbirth.
(d) Krona poisons her.
9. What Roman Emperor decides to conquer Britain?
(b) Julius Caesar.
10. Where do Ulla and her children live after Tep's death?
(a) Hwll's camp.
(b) In the bear cave.
(c) In the mountains.
11. Why does Claudius hate the Druids?
(a) They are vegetarian.
(b) They paint trees blue.
(c) They are pacifists.
(d) They engage in human sacrifice.
12. What is William atte Brigge's wife's name?
13. How many children do Hwll and Ulla produce?
14. What is the name of the Judean slave with whom Porteus has an affair?
15. To whom does Godefroi rent his sheep house?
(a) The Masons.
(b) His son.
(c) His brother.
(d) The Shockley's.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Osmund admitted to the mason guild?
2. Instead of armed resistance, what does Tosutigus's plan involve?
3. In what month does a civil war begin?
4. How many generations have passed since Krona the Warrior and the current Krona?
5. Who is the current king?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)