|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Normans conquer England?
2. Porteus wants to use his money ______________.
(a) To travel to Delphi.
(b) To buy more slaves.
(c) To become a thane.
(d) To arm the militia.
3. What is William atte Brigge's wife's name?
4. In what year are rising wages regulated?
5. Who is chosen to build the new Stonehenge?
6. In what month does a civil war begin?
7. The summer of 1139 began a time of political trouble known as ____________.
(a) The War of the Roses.
(b) The Anarchy.
(c) The Black Death.
(d) The Reformation.
8. What illegal activity has Godric been pursuing?
(b) Alcohol distillation.
(c) Bank fraud.
9. To whom does Godefroi rent his sheep house?
(a) His son.
(b) His brother.
(c) The Masons.
(d) The Shockley's.
10. Who brings a bride for Krona?
11. When is the Shockleys' mill completed?
12. Why does Claudius hate the Druids?
(a) They are pacifists.
(b) They engage in human sacrifice.
(c) They paint trees blue.
(d) They are vegetarian.
13. Who is appointed governor of Britannia?
(b) Caius Porteus.
(c) Aulus Plautius.
14. Who arrives to fight Petrus and the German mercenaries?
(a) The Greeks.
(b) The Spaniards.
(c) The Vandals.
(d) The Saxons.
15. How long after the opening chapter does "The Barrow" begin?
(a) 3500 years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Three generations.
(d) 1000 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Caius Porteus sent after he protests the policy of destroying villages?
2. Why is Caius Porteus ordered to destroy a village?
3. At what point in time does "The Henge" open?
4. Who threatens to punish the women if they disturb the peace again?
5. Whose camp do Hwll and his family encounter?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)