|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Romans call the area of Sarum?
(a) The Baths.
(d) THe Stone Circle.
2. Whose daughter marries Porteus?
3. How does Krona's bride die?
(a) Dluc stabs her.
(b) In childbirth.
(c) In a sacrifice ceremony.
(d) Krona poisons her.
4. How are the high priest and the ruling chief related?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) They are brothers.
(c) They are brother and sister.
(d) They are father and son.
5. To whom does Godefroi rent his sheep house?
(a) The Shockley's.
(b) His son.
(c) The Masons.
(d) His brother.
6. How long after the opening chapter does "The Barrow" begin?
(a) 3500 years.
(b) Three generations.
(c) 1000 years.
(d) Six months.
7. Who disobeys Agnes Mason's orders?
(a) Derek Mason.
(b) The slaves.
(d) The monks.
8. What does the king tax to finance his wars?
9. Why must Tep leave the camp after three years?
(a) There is no longer enough game.
(b) He has a second wife and family.
(c) He rapes Akun.
(d) He wants to become a druid.
10. The Anglo Saxons are fighting an invasion by whom?
(a) The Vandals.
(b) The Picts.
(c) The Visigoths.
(d) The Vikings.
11. What sort of business has made Edward Shockley prosperous?
12. Whom does Nooma marry?
13. Who is appointed governor of Britannia?
(a) Caius Porteus.
(c) Aulus Plautius.
14. What is the name of the Judean slave with whom Porteus has an affair?
15. Agnes Mason blames what for the spread of the plague?
(b) The government.
(c) Bad weather.
(d) The Catholic church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Martin Shockley becomes a follower of whom?
2. The king raises taxes on whom?
3. Where does Nicholas go after leaving the sheep house?
4. How many children do Hwll and his companion have?
5. Who is the ruling chief?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)