Journey to Sarum, The Barrow
1. How many years before the birth of Christ, or the Common Era (C.E.), does the novel open?
2. Who is Hwll's companion?
3. How many children do Hwll and his companion have?
4. Hwll and his family reach the estuary of what river?
5. Whose camp do Hwll and his family encounter?
6. Where does Tep lead Hwll and his family?
(a) Into the bear cave.
7. Why must Tep leave the camp after three years?
(a) He wants to become a druid.
(b) There is no longer enough game.
(c) He rapes Akun.
(d) He has a second wife and family.
8. How does Tep die?
(b) Hunting accident.
(d) Ceremonial suicide.
9. Where do Ulla and her children live after Tep's death?
(a) In the mountains.
(b) In the bear cave.
(c) Hwll's camp.
10. How many children do Hwll and Ulla produce?
This section contains 2,700 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)