Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Journey to Sarum, The Barrow Abstract
* The novel opens in 7500 B.C.
* Hwll, Akun, and their children travel south and meet Tep.
* Tep leads Hwll and his family to Sarum.
* They live there peacefully for three years until Tep rapes Akun and leaves the camp.
* Tep is killed in a hunting accident and Ulla, his companion...
This section contains 1,382 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)