|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gaspard DuFaure characterize Sarah?
2. Who calls Julia to say that Mr. DuFaure would like to meet with her?
3. When did Sarah leave France?
4. Where does Julia go to meet the person Mara Rainsferd gave her contact info for?
5. What does the curator at the Memorial Museum tell Julia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Franck Lévy show Julia, and what does it make her feel?
2. What point in the development of the plot does this moment signify?
3. Describe Julia arrival at the Rainsferds house.
4. What decision does Julia change her mind about?
5. Describe Sarah's return to her apartment.
6. What does Franck Lévy tell Julia Jaramond about the Tézacs' apartment?
7. How does the narrator characterize the interactions between Julia and Bamber during their trip to Vel d'Hiv'.
8. What does Julia learn about Sarah during her trip to Orléans.
9. Where doe Julia travel to in the U.S. in her search for Sarah?
10. Describe the meeting with William Rainsferd.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of Bertrand's mid-life crisis? Is it a convenient mechanism for removing him from Julia's live, to make room for William Rainsferd, or is it a metaphor for the inability to arrive at a mature acceptance of life's painful complexities?
Essay Topic 2
In what way is "Sarah's Key" an allegorical novel? What does Julia's baby symbolize? What other symbols give "Sarah's Key" a deeper meaning than the literal? How does the novel teach a moral, or resolve a symbolic problem?
Essay Topic 3
What are the traits that distinguish characters like Gaspard DuFaure, William Rainsferd and Julia Jaramond from the others? How do these characters typically get along with the others? What allows them to take things seriously that the other characters do not want to talk about?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)