|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this information about Sarah inspire in Julia?
2. What do Julia and Guillaume find at their destination?
3. Where does Julia go to meet Gaspard DuFaure?
4. Where does Julia travel to, in her search for Sarah?
5. Where do Julia and Guillaume make a trip to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What point in the development of the plot does this moment signify?
2. What decision does Julia change her mind about?
3. What are the contents of the letter Gaspard DuFaure gives Julia?
4. What does Franck Lévy tell Julia Jaramond about the Tézacs' apartment?
5. Describe Julia arrival at the Rainsferds house.
6. How does the narrator characterize the interactions between Julia and Bamber during their trip to Vel d'Hiv'.
7. Describe Sarah's return to her apartment.
8. What does Julia decide to do about her pregnancy and her marriage?
9. Describe the meeting with William Rainsferd.
10. What does Julia learn about Sarah during her trip to Orléans.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the traits that distinguish characters like Gaspard DuFaure, William Rainsferd and Julia Jaramond from the others? How do these characters typically get along with the others? What allows them to take things seriously that the other characters do not want to talk about?
Essay Topic 2
Would you recommend "Sarah's Key"? For what purposes would you recommend "Sarah's Key", and what kinds of readers would you not recommend it? What book would you recommend that would cover the same material or provide the same emotional experience in a different way?
Essay Topic 3
In what way is "Sarah's Key" an allegorical novel? What does Julia's baby symbolize? What other symbols give "Sarah's Key" a deeper meaning than the literal? How does the novel teach a moral, or resolve a symbolic problem?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)