Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what decision does Julia change her mind?
2. How does Mrs. DuFaure distract the policemen who are searching the basement?
3. What do Julia and Guillaume find at their destination?
4. What does Julia learn about Sarah from this person?
5. When did Sarah stop corresponding with the DuFaures?
Essay Topic 1
What are the traits that distinguish characters like Gaspard DuFaure, William Rainsferd and Julia Jaramond from the others? How do these characters typically get along with the others? What allows them to take things seriously that the other characters do not want to talk about?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of Bertrand's mid-life crisis? Is it a convenient mechanism for removing him from Julia's live, to make room for William Rainsferd, or is it a metaphor for the inability to arrive at a mature acceptance of life's painful complexities?
Essay Topic 3
Julia Jaramond is an American who has spent twenty-five years in France, and Sarah Starzynski is a Polish Jew living in Paris. Describe the importance, in "Sarah's Key", of nationality and home. Who feels 'at home' and how are these characters different from characters who have a different relationship with place?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)