Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what decision does Julia change her mind?
2. How does Mrs. DuFaure distract the policemen who are searching the basement?
3. What do Julia and Guillaume find at their destination?
4. What does Julia learn about Sarah from this person?
5. When did Sarah stop corresponding with the DuFaures?
Essay Topic 1
Julia Jaramond is an American who has spent twenty-five years in France, and Sarah Starzynski is a Polish Jew living in Paris. Describe the importance, in "Sarah's Key", of nationality and home. Who feels 'at home' and how are these characters different from characters who have a different relationship with place?
Essay Topic 2
Evaluate your own reading of 'Sarah's Key'--did you resist it, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
Essay Topic 3
Would you recommend "Sarah's Key"? For what purposes would you recommend "Sarah's Key", and what kinds of readers would you not recommend it? What book would you recommend that would cover the same material or provide the same emotional experience in a different way?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)