|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Julia looking forward to doing?
2. How does Mrs. DuFaure distract the policemen who are searching the basement?
3. When does this person at the nursing home meet Sarah?
4. Who are the Starzynskis?
5. Who calls Julia to say that Mr. DuFaure would like to meet with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Julia learn from Sarah's wedding announcement?
2. How does Julia's pregnancy affect her feelings about Sarah's history?
3. What happens to Julia after her meeting with William Rainsferd?
4. Describe the meeting with William Rainsferd.
5. Describe Rachel's arrest at the DuFaures'.
6. What does Julia decide to do about her pregnancy and her marriage?
7. Describe Julia's trip to Drancy.
8. How does the narrator characterize the interactions between Julia and Bamber during their trip to Vel d'Hiv'.
9. Describe Julia arrival at the Rainsferds house.
10. Describe Julia interaction with Eduard.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way is "Sarah's Key" an allegorical novel? What does Julia's baby symbolize? What other symbols give "Sarah's Key" a deeper meaning than the literal? How does the novel teach a moral, or resolve a symbolic problem?
Essay Topic 2
Write a character sketch of the author based on his style and content. What values does he hold dear? What are his hopes and fears? What kind of person do you think he is? Anchor your sketch in passages in the book.
Essay Topic 3
Evaluate your own reading of 'Sarah's Key'--did you resist it, or were you compelled by the story? What does your reading tell you about yourself and your interests? Use specific examples from the book to describe yourself as a reader.
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)