|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Richard Rainsferd?
2. How do the DuFaures respond to what Sarah tells them?
3. What do Julia and Guillaume find at their destination?
4. What was Rachel too weak for?
5. What does Bamber offer Julia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Julia learn about Sarah during her trip to Orléans.
2. Describe Julia arrival at the Rainsferds house.
3. What is the tone of the book, up to the point of Julia finding out about Sarah from Eduard?
4. What clue remains unexplored even after Julia finds out that Sarah died?
5. What happens to Julia after her meeting with William Rainsferd?
6. How does Julia's pregnancy affect her feelings about Sarah's history?
7. What point in the development of the plot does this moment signify?
8. What are the contents of the letter Gaspard DuFaure gives Julia?
9. What does Franck Lévy show Julia, and what does it make her feel?
10. How does the narrator characterize the interactions between Julia and Bamber during their trip to Vel d'Hiv'.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an evaluative review of "Sarah's Key". What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
Essay Topic 2
How are Julia's pregnancy and her search for Sarah related? Is the pregnancy--and Bertrand's opposition to it--an opportunity for her to look into Sarah's story? Is Sarah's story a counterweight to balance her discomfort about her marriage?
Essay Topic 3
Would you recommend "Sarah's Key"? For what purposes would you recommend "Sarah's Key", and what kinds of readers would you not recommend it? What book would you recommend that would cover the same material or provide the same emotional experience in a different way?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)