Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what decision does Julia change her mind?
2. How does Mrs. DuFaure distract the policemen who are searching the basement?
3. What do Julia and Guillaume find at their destination?
4. What does Julia learn about Sarah from this person?
5. When did Sarah stop corresponding with the DuFaures?
Essay Topic 1
Would you recommend "Sarah's Key"? For what purposes would you recommend "Sarah's Key", and what kinds of readers would you not recommend it? What book would you recommend that would cover the same material or provide the same emotional experience in a different way?
Essay Topic 2
What is missing from this book? What should have been covered or presented that was not? What is the effect of this absence? Describe an element that ought to have been covered, and explain why it would have made the book stronger.
Essay Topic 3
How well made is "Sarah's Key" as a novel? Is it tight, with artful use of theme, motif, metaphor and imagery? Or does it wander, with images and themes coming up and disappearing over time? Does the novel's construction seem deliberate and artful or something else?
This section contains 1,116 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)