|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Julia and Bamber travel next?
2. When does this person at the nursing home meet Sarah?
3. In what decision does Julia change her mind?
4. What does Gaspard DuFaure ask Julia?
5. Where is Sarah?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Julia's trip to Drancy.
2. What point in the development of the plot does this moment signify?
3. Describe Julia interaction with Eduard.
4. What is the tone of the book, up to the point of Julia finding out about Sarah from Eduard?
5. What does Julia learn from Sarah's wedding announcement?
6. Where doe Julia travel to in the U.S. in her search for Sarah?
7. What does Franck Lévy tell Julia Jaramond about the Tézacs' apartment?
8. What is Bertrand's response when he hears that Julia is not aborting the baby?
9. What decision does Julia change her mind about?
10. What does Julia learn about Sarah during her trip to Orléans.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the traits that distinguish characters like Gaspard DuFaure, William Rainsferd and Julia Jaramond from the others? How do these characters typically get along with the others? What allows them to take things seriously that the other characters do not want to talk about?
Essay Topic 2
What does escaping cost characters in "Sarah's Key", and what do characters do when they cannot escape, from history, from relationships, from their own stories? What limits the ability to escape, in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Write a character sketch of the author based on his style and content. What values does he hold dear? What are his hopes and fears? What kind of person do you think he is? Anchor your sketch in passages in the book.
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)