|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the girl's name?
2. How do the girl's parents react when they hear about the boy?
3. What do the police take from the women at Beaune-la-Rolande?
4. What happens to the girls during the escape?
5. What does the concierge do as the girl and her mother leave the building?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when William Rainsferd shows up at Julia's apartment?
2. Describe Julia Jaramond's relationship with her husband.
3. Describe Sarah's return to her apartment.
4. What does Mame Tézac have to do with the events of the Vel d'Hiv' roundup?
5. What do the girl and her mother take with them when they leave their home?
6. What is Julia's state of mind as she plans to travel to Tuscany?
7. What kind of writing does Julia do?
8. Describe Julia's trip to Drancy.
9. What does Julia wonder about William Rainsferd?
10. What clue remains unexplored even after Julia finds out that Sarah died?
Essay Topic 1
Write an evaluative review of "Sarah's Key". What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
Essay Topic 2
What are the traits that distinguish characters like Gaspard DuFaure, William Rainsferd and Julia Jaramond from the others? How do these characters typically get along with the others? What allows them to take things seriously that the other characters do not want to talk about?
Essay Topic 3
What answer does the novel have for the depression that kills Sarah Rainsferd? Who else feels that despair, and how do they resolve it without committing suicide?
This section contains 1,629 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)