Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the father do when the girl falls ill?
2. What is the girl's father's occupation?
3. Who do the girl and her mother see in the street?
4. How does the girl spend her time at the new location?
5. What do the police tell the people?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Julia decide to do about her pregnancy and her marriage?
2. Describe the conditions at Beaune-la-Rolande.
3. What happens when William Rainsferd shows up at Julia's apartment?
4. What clue remains unexplored even after Julia finds out that Sarah died?
5. What is in Sarah's diary?
6. What does Julia learn from Sarah's wedding announcement?
7. What does the narrator say Julia is troubled by?
8. What does Franck Lévy show Julia, and what does it make her feel?
9. What restrictions have the Jews had to obey under the Vichy government?
10. Describe Julia interaction with Eduard.
Essay Topic 1
Where is the climax of this book? Are there different climaxes? What questions does each climax resolve? What questions does each climax leave unanswered?
Essay Topic 2
How well made is "Sarah's Key" as a novel? Is it tight, with artful use of theme, motif, metaphor and imagery? Or does it wander, with images and themes coming up and disappearing over time? Does the novel's construction seem deliberate and artful or something else?
Essay Topic 3
Write an evaluative review of "Sarah's Key". What is this book's place in culture? What are its uses? Who is its audience? What are its limitations?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)