|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the girl's father spend time when he is not working?
2. How does the narrator explain the fact that Bamber did not know anything about Vel d'Hiv'?
3. What is the girl's mother's reaction to this?
4. What does the girl say is clear from the Doctor's demeanor when he comes to treat Rachel?
5. How is the family transported away from their neighborhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the girl and her parents' departure for Beaune-la-Rolande.
2. How does the narrator characterize Julia and Zoe?
3. What is the opening scene of "Sarah's Key".
4. Describe the girl's escape with Rachel.
5. What do the yellow stars signify?
6. What kind of writing does Julia do?
7. Where are the girl and her parents sent to, before their final destination?
8. What are conditions like at the location where the buses take the girl and her mother?
9. Describe Julia Jaramond's relationship with her husband.
10. How does it happen that two members of the family do not go with the police?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What answer does the novel have for the depression that kills Sarah Rainsferd? Who else feels that despair, and how do they resolve it without committing suicide?
Essay Topic 2
Would you recommend "Sarah's Key"? For what purposes would you recommend "Sarah's Key", and what kinds of readers would you not recommend it? What book would you recommend that would cover the same material or provide the same emotional experience in a different way?
Essay Topic 3
What are the traits that distinguish characters like Gaspard DuFaure, William Rainsferd and Julia Jaramond from the others? How do these characters typically get along with the others? What allows them to take things seriously that the other characters do not want to talk about?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)