|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Julia's interview like, with the person Mara Rainsferd put her in touch with?
(b) Awkward because of language differences.
(c) It keeps being postponed and ultimately never happened.
2. What does the letter talk about?
(a) Sarah's parents.
(b) Sarah's heartache.
(c) Sarah's charity work.
(d) Sarah's art.
3. What is Charla's relation to Bertrand?
4. Where did Sarah go?
(c) The U.S.
5. How does Julia respond to Bamber's offer?
(a) She goes outside.
(b) She pours out pent-up emotion.
(c) She flees in tears.
(d) She declines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Julia go to meet the person Mara Rainsferd gave her contact info for?
2. What is Julia looking forward to doing?
3. What does Sarah find when she gets back to her apartment?
4. What does Bamber notice about Julia?
5. How does Mrs. DuFaure distract the policemen who are searching the basement?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Sarah's return to her apartment.
2. What does Eduard send to Julia, and what does she learn from it?
3. What is the tone of the book, up to the point of Julia finding out about Sarah from Eduard?
4. What clue remains unexplored even after Julia finds out that Sarah died?
5. What does Julia learn from Sarah's wedding announcement?
6. Describe Julia interaction with Eduard.
7. What does the narrator say Julia is troubled by?
8. How does the narrator characterize the interactions between Julia and Bamber during their trip to Vel d'Hiv'.
9. What happens to Julia after her meeting with William Rainsferd?
10. Describe Rachel's arrest at the DuFaures'.
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)