|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Julia receive from the person she met at the nursing home?
(a) A file on Sarah.
(b) The key to the cubby where Sarah's brother died.
(c) Photos of Sarah.
(d) Letters from Sarah to his father.
2. Who does Julia meet at the Rainsferd house?
(a) Mr. Rainsferd.
(b) The Rainsferd's nanny.
(c) The Rainsferd's daughter.
(d) Mrs. Rainsferd.
3. Where does Charla locate Mr. and Mrs. R. J. Rainsferd?
4. How does Julia respond to Bamber's offer?
(a) She goes outside.
(b) She flees in tears.
(c) She pours out pent-up emotion.
(d) She declines.
5. How old was Sarah when the DuFaures lost track of her?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gaspard DuFaure characterize Sarah?
2. What does the narrator say about children surviving the deportations and camps?
3. What does the curator at the Memorial Museum tell Julia?
4. Where does Julia travel to, in her search for Sarah?
5. Where does Sirka hide when the police come?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator say Julia is troubled by?
2. Describe Sarah's return to her apartment.
3. What is the tone of the book, up to the point of Julia finding out about Sarah from Eduard?
4. Describe Julia's trip to Drancy.
5. What does Julia learn about Sarah during her trip to Orléans.
6. How does the narrator characterize the interactions between Julia and Bamber during their trip to Vel d'Hiv'.
7. Describe Julia arrival at the Rainsferds house.
8. What decision does Julia change her mind about?
9. What happens to Julia after her meeting with William Rainsferd?
10. What point in the development of the plot does this moment signify?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)