|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julia tell Charla?
(a) That she is having an abortion.
(b) That she is depressed.
(c) That she might have found Sarah.
(d) That she is having a baby.
2. What does Bertrand say he's going through?
(a) A painful transition.
(b) Growing pains.
(c) A mid-life crisis.
3. Where did Sarah go?
(d) The U.S.
4. Who shows up at the nursing home when Julia was scheduled to visit?
(a) Arthur Tézac.
(d) The DuFaures.
5. What does Franck Lévy tell Julia Jaramond about Sarah?
(a) That he heard from her recently.
(b) That there is no information about her.
(c) That she died.
(d) That he has her address.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does this trip make Julia feel?
2. When did Sarah leave France?
3. What does Julia consent to?
4. Who are the Starzynskis?
5. How did Jules and Geneviève react when they stopped hearing from Sarah?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Julia's trip to Drancy.
2. Describe Julia interaction with Eduard.
3. How does the narrator characterize the interactions between Julia and Bamber during their trip to Vel d'Hiv'.
4. How does Julia's pregnancy affect her feelings about Sarah's history?
5. What does the narrator say Julia is troubled by?
6. Describe Julia arrival at the Rainsferds house.
7. Describe the meeting with William Rainsferd.
8. What is Julia's state of mind as she plans to travel to Tuscany?
9. What point in the development of the plot does this moment signify?
10. What does Eduard send to Julia, and what does she learn from it?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)