|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Gaspard DuFaure find out that Sarah was a Jewish refugee?
(a) Years ago.
(b) Forty years later.
(c) As soon as he heard about her.
(d) As a child.
2. What is Julia looking forward to doing?
(a) Reuniting with Bertrand.
(b) Leaving Paris.
(c) Divorcing Bertrand.
(d) Being free of the baby.
3. How did Jules and Geneviève react when they stopped hearing from Sarah?
(a) They were relieved.
(b) They were heartbroken.
(c) They were confident in her.
(d) They always thought she would show up again.
4. Who shows up at the nursing home when Julia was scheduled to visit?
(b) The DuFaures.
(d) Arthur Tézac.
5. How does the narrator characterize the trip to Paris?
(a) The trip was uneventful.
(b) Sarah was recognized, but escaped in a chase.
(c) Sarah was sent back to the DuFaures, but they tried another route and got through.
(d) There were some close calls along the way.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sarah go?
2. In what decision does Julia change her mind?
3. What is Julia dismayed by during this next stop?
4. What is Charla's relation to Bertrand?
5. Who are the Starzynskis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Julia's state of mind as she plans to travel to Tuscany?
2. What does Eduard send to Julia, and what does she learn from it?
3. What decision does Julia change her mind about?
4. What clue remains unexplored even after Julia finds out that Sarah died?
5. Describe Julia's trip to Drancy.
6. Describe the meeting with William Rainsferd.
7. What does Julia decide to do about her pregnancy and her marriage?
8. What are the contents of the letter Gaspard DuFaure gives Julia?
9. What does the narrator say Julia is troubled by?
10. Describe Julia arrival at the Rainsferds house.
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)