|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Sarah stop corresponding with the DuFaures?
2. How does Julia respond to Bamber's offer?
(a) She flees in tears.
(b) She declines.
(c) She pours out pent-up emotion.
(d) She goes outside.
3. Who does Mara Rainsferd give Julia contact info for?
(a) Sarah's rabbi.
(b) Sarah's closest friend.
(c) Sarah's son.
(d) Sarah's daughter.
4. What does Julia learn about Sarah from this person?
(a) That Sarah had died.
(b) That Sarah was still living in Paris.
(c) That Sarah had emigrated to the U.S.
(d) That his father had sent the DuFaures money for Sarah.
5. What does Julia attend at rue Nélaton?
(a) A memorial service.
(b) A mock trial.
(c) A film screening.
(d) A huge gathering of survivors and others.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Julia go to meet Gaspard DuFaure?
2. What did Julia receive from the person she met at the nursing home?
3. What do the DuFaures insist to the police?
4. What do the DuFaures try to do when the police come?
5. What was Rachel too weak for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Julia decide to do about her pregnancy and her marriage?
2. What does Julia learn from Sarah's wedding announcement?
3. What does Eduard send to Julia, and what does she learn from it?
4. What is Bertrand's response when he hears that Julia is not aborting the baby?
5. Describe Julia interaction with Eduard.
6. How does the narrator characterize the interactions between Julia and Bamber during their trip to Vel d'Hiv'.
7. What does Franck Lévy tell Julia Jaramond about the Tézacs' apartment?
8. What does Franck Lévy show Julia, and what does it make her feel?
9. What is the tone of the book, up to the point of Julia finding out about Sarah from Eduard?
10. Where doe Julia travel to in the U.S. in her search for Sarah?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)