|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Richard Rainsferd?
(a) Sarah's husband.
(b) Sarah's pastor.
(c) Sarah's landlord.
(d) Sarah's son.
2. How does the narrator characterize the trip to Paris?
(a) There were some close calls along the way.
(b) Sarah was sent back to the DuFaures, but they tried another route and got through.
(c) The trip was uneventful.
(d) Sarah was recognized, but escaped in a chase.
3. Who does Julia Jaramond tell Franck Lévy's information to?
4. What does Bertrand say he's going through?
(a) Growing pains.
(c) A mid-life crisis.
(d) A painful transition.
5. In what decision does Julia change her mind?
(a) Leaving Paris.
(b) Looking for Sarah.
(c) Having an abortion.
(d) Publishing her story about Sarah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julia tell Charla?
2. Gaspard gives Julia a letter--who was it written to?
3. What does Julia ask Franck Lévy about Sarah?
4. How does the letter describe Sarah's feelings about peace?
5. What work did Sarah take in her new home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What decision does Julia change her mind about?
2. Where doe Julia travel to in the U.S. in her search for Sarah?
3. Describe Julia arrival at the Rainsferds house.
4. What does Eduard send to Julia, and what does she learn from it?
5. Describe Julia interaction with Eduard.
6. What does Franck Lévy show Julia, and what does it make her feel?
7. What point in the development of the plot does this moment signify?
8. What are the contents of the letter Gaspard DuFaure gives Julia?
9. Describe the meeting with William Rainsferd.
10. Describe Julia's trip to Drancy.
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)