|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Julia dismayed by during this next stop?
(a) That so few people seem to know what happened here.
(b) That this is where the deportations took place.
(c) That the memorial is so small.
(d) That there are now tourists paying money to be photographed in the ovens.
2. Who calls Julia to say that Mr. DuFaure would like to meet with her?
(c) Nathalie DuFaure.
3. What does the letter talk about?
(a) Sarah's charity work.
(b) Sarah's parents.
(c) Sarah's art.
(d) Sarah's heartache.
4. Where do Julia and Bamber travel next?
(c) Vel d'Hiv'.
5. How old was Sarah when the DuFaures lost track of her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What work did Sarah take in her new home?
2. What does Julia tell Charla?
3. What does Bamber notice about Julia?
4. What does Gaspard DuFaure ask Julia?
5. What does Bamber offer Julia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eduard send to Julia, and what does she learn from it?
2. How does the narrator characterize the interactions between Julia and Bamber during their trip to Vel d'Hiv'.
3. What clue remains unexplored even after Julia finds out that Sarah died?
4. What does Franck Lévy tell Julia Jaramond about the Tézacs' apartment?
5. What does Julia decide to do about her pregnancy and her marriage?
6. Describe Julia's trip to Drancy.
7. What is Bertrand's response when he hears that Julia is not aborting the baby?
8. What are the contents of the letter Gaspard DuFaure gives Julia?
9. What is Julia's state of mind as she plans to travel to Tuscany?
10. Where doe Julia travel to in the U.S. in her search for Sarah?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)