|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does this person at the nursing home meet Sarah?
(a) In Paris in 1946.
(c) Ten years earlier.
(d) As a young boy.
2. What does the curator at the Memorial Museum tell Julia?
(a) That most people don't care what happened there.
(b) That this is the center of attempts to memorialize the war and the deportations.
(c) That there's no escaping the shadow of what happened there.
(d) That interest in the history comes and goes in waves.
3. Who is Mara Rainsferd?
(a) Mr. Rainsferd's second wife.
(b) Mr. Rainsferd's daughter.
(c) Mr. Rainsferd's niece.
(d) Mr. Rainsferd's daughter-in-law.
4. Who does Mara Rainsferd give Julia contact info for?
(a) Sarah's daughter.
(b) Sarah's closest friend.
(c) Sarah's son.
(d) Sarah's rabbi.
5. In what decision does Julia change her mind?
(a) Publishing her story about Sarah.
(b) Looking for Sarah.
(c) Having an abortion.
(d) Leaving Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Gaspard DuFaure?
2. What does Bamber offer Julia?
3. What does Nathalie DuFaure tell Julia she found?
4. Where does Julia go to meet Gaspard DuFaure?
5. What does Franck Lévy tell Julia Jaramond about the family at 26 rue de Saintonge in July 1942?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eduard send to Julia, and what does she learn from it?
2. What point in the development of the plot does this moment signify?
3. What are the contents of the letter Gaspard DuFaure gives Julia?
4. What is Julia's state of mind as she plans to travel to Tuscany?
5. What does Julia decide to do about her pregnancy and her marriage?
6. What does the narrator say Julia is troubled by?
7. What happens to Julia after her meeting with William Rainsferd?
8. What clue remains unexplored even after Julia finds out that Sarah died?
9. What does Julia learn about Sarah during her trip to Orléans.
10. What is Bertrand's response when he hears that Julia is not aborting the baby?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)