|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What message did Bertrand get when he returned home?
(a) Sarah called to see who was looking for her.
(b) Zoe called to say that her mother had left for a trip.
(c) The doctor called to say that Julia had decided against the abortion.
(d) Julia called to say that she was leaving for New York.
2. How does Mrs. DuFaure distract the policemen who are searching the basement?
(a) She offers food and drink.
(b) She falls and claims to have injured her ankle.
(c) She chats them up.
(d) She weeps and makes a scene.
3. What do Julia and Guillaume find at their destination?
(a) A memorial for deported Jews.
(b) A national park at the camp.
(c) The camp is now low-income housing.
(d) Ruins of the former camp.
4. What does Julia consent to?
(a) Give up looking for Sarah.
(b) Meet with Sarah.
(c) Not to publish her information about Sarah.
(d) Have an abortion.
5. How does this trip make Julia feel?
(a) Deeply sad but energized to find the truth.
(b) Run down and exhausted.
(c) Indignant at all the people who stayed silent and let this happen.
(d) Alive to injustice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Julia call to see if she can arrange to find Sarah?
2. How does the narrator characterize the trip to Paris?
3. Where do Julia and Bamber travel next?
4. What do the DuFaures try to do when the police come?
5. Why are the DuFaures worried about Rachel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Franck Lévy tell Julia Jaramond about the Tézacs' apartment?
2. What does the narrator say Julia is troubled by?
3. What clue remains unexplored even after Julia finds out that Sarah died?
4. Describe Julia interaction with Eduard.
5. How does Julia's pregnancy affect her feelings about Sarah's history?
6. What are the contents of the letter Gaspard DuFaure gives Julia?
7. Describe Julia arrival at the Rainsferds house.
8. Describe the meeting with William Rainsferd.
9. Describe Sarah's return to her apartment.
10. What is Julia's state of mind as she plans to travel to Tuscany?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)