|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What work did Sarah take in her new home?
(a) Social worker.
2. Where does Julia travel to, in her search for Sarah?
(d) New York.
3. Where do Julia and Guillaume make a trip to?
(c) Vel d'Hiv'.
4. Where do Julia and Bamber travel next?
(c) Vel d'Hiv'.
5. What was Rachel too weak for?
(a) To be carried downstairs.
(b) To speak.
(c) To eat.
(d) To open her eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mara Rainsferd give Julia contact info for?
2. Gaspard gives Julia a letter--who was it written to?
3. How does Julia respond to Bamber's offer?
4. How does this trip make Julia feel?
5. What does the narrator say about the awareness of the history Julia goes looking for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where doe Julia travel to in the U.S. in her search for Sarah?
2. Describe Rachel's arrest at the DuFaures'.
3. What is the tone of the book, up to the point of Julia finding out about Sarah from Eduard?
4. What are the contents of the letter Gaspard DuFaure gives Julia?
5. What decision does Julia change her mind about?
6. What point in the development of the plot does this moment signify?
7. What does the narrator say Julia is troubled by?
8. What is Julia's state of mind as she plans to travel to Tuscany?
9. Describe Sarah's return to her apartment.
10. Describe Julia's trip to Drancy.
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)