|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What message did Bertrand get when he returned home?
(a) Sarah called to see who was looking for her.
(b) Zoe called to say that her mother had left for a trip.
(c) The doctor called to say that Julia had decided against the abortion.
(d) Julia called to say that she was leaving for New York.
2. What does Julia tell Charla?
(a) That she is having a baby.
(b) That she is having an abortion.
(c) That she might have found Sarah.
(d) That she is depressed.
3. What does the letter talk about?
(a) Sarah's heartache.
(b) Sarah's parents.
(c) Sarah's charity work.
(d) Sarah's art.
4. What hits home for Julia Jaramond when she sees a photo of Sarah?
(a) Sarah is Zoe's age.
(b) Sarah looks like Zoe.
(c) Sarah looks like her.
(d) She recognized Sarah.
5. What did Julia receive from the person she met at the nursing home?
(a) A file on Sarah.
(b) Photos of Sarah.
(c) Letters from Sarah to his father.
(d) The key to the cubby where Sarah's brother died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Charla's relation to Bertrand?
2. Where is Sarah?
3. Gaspard gives Julia a letter--who was it written to?
4. Where do Julia and Guillaume make a trip to?
5. Where did Bertrand come home from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Julia interaction with Eduard.
2. What decision does Julia change her mind about?
3. Describe Julia's trip to Drancy.
4. Describe Rachel's arrest at the DuFaures'.
5. What does Julia learn about Sarah during her trip to Orléans.
6. What clue remains unexplored even after Julia finds out that Sarah died?
7. What is Julia's state of mind as she plans to travel to Tuscany?
8. Describe Sarah's return to her apartment.
9. What is Bertrand's response when he hears that Julia is not aborting the baby?
10. Describe the meeting with William Rainsferd.
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)