|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Sarah go?
(c) The U.S.
2. What do the DuFaures insist to the police?
(a) That Rachel needed medical attention.
(b) That Rachel hadn't done anything wrong.
(c) That Jews deserved doctors as well as everyone else.
(d) That they were not hiding Rachel.
3. Where does Charla locate Mr. and Mrs. R. J. Rainsferd?
4. Who is Richard Rainsferd?
(a) Sarah's son.
(b) Sarah's husband.
(c) Sarah's pastor.
(d) Sarah's landlord.
5. What does Julia attend at rue Nélaton?
(a) A mock trial.
(b) A huge gathering of survivors and others.
(c) A memorial service.
(d) A film screening.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Rachel too weak for?
2. What does Julia learn about Sarah from this person?
3. What does Bertrand tell Julia about having a child?
4. Where does Sirka hide when the police come?
5. How does Julia respond to Bamber's offer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the tone of the book, up to the point of Julia finding out about Sarah from Eduard?
2. Describe the meeting with William Rainsferd.
3. What does Franck Lévy show Julia, and what does it make her feel?
4. What does the narrator say Julia is troubled by?
5. Describe Julia interaction with Eduard.
6. Where doe Julia travel to in the U.S. in her search for Sarah?
7. What happens to Julia after her meeting with William Rainsferd?
8. Describe Sarah's return to her apartment.
9. What clue remains unexplored even after Julia finds out that Sarah died?
10. Describe Julia's trip to Drancy.
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)