|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mara Rainsferd?
(a) Mr. Rainsferd's daughter.
(b) Mr. Rainsferd's niece.
(c) Mr. Rainsferd's second wife.
(d) Mr. Rainsferd's daughter-in-law.
2. Who is Richard Rainsferd?
(a) Sarah's husband.
(b) Sarah's pastor.
(c) Sarah's son.
(d) Sarah's landlord.
3. How does this trip make Julia feel?
(a) Indignant at all the people who stayed silent and let this happen.
(b) Deeply sad but energized to find the truth.
(c) Alive to injustice.
(d) Run down and exhausted.
4. How do the DuFaures respond to what Sarah tells them?
(a) They say that it wasn't their crime, and they were powerless to prevent it.
(b) They say that the times are bad.
(c) They say that they did the best they could.
(d) They offer to take her themselves.
5. Where does Julia go to meet the person Mara Rainsferd gave her contact info for?
(a) St. Petersburg.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize the trip to Paris?
2. What did Julia receive from the person she met at the nursing home?
3. What message did Bertrand get when he returned home?
4. Who does Julia meet at the Rainsferd house?
5. Where does Julia travel to, in her search for Sarah?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the tone of the book, up to the point of Julia finding out about Sarah from Eduard?
2. Describe Rachel's arrest at the DuFaures'.
3. What decision does Julia change her mind about?
4. What does Franck Lévy tell Julia Jaramond about the Tézacs' apartment?
5. How does Julia's pregnancy affect her feelings about Sarah's history?
6. What is Julia's state of mind as she plans to travel to Tuscany?
7. What does the narrator say Julia is troubled by?
8. What point in the development of the plot does this moment signify?
9. What does Julia learn from Sarah's wedding announcement?
10. What does Julia learn about Sarah during her trip to Orléans.
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)