|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Sarah go?
(c) The U.S.
2. What does Bertrand tell Julia about having a child?
(a) He wants one enormously.
(b) He can't handle it.
(c) He doesn't think they have the time or money for one.
(d) He says that he's been having an affair.
3. How does the letter describe Sarah's feelings about peace?
(a) It has a bitter taste.
(b) It doesn't exist.
(c) It is a fleeting sensation.
(d) It is an illusion.
4. What does Bertrand say he's going through?
(a) A painful transition.
(b) Growing pains.
(c) A mid-life crisis.
5. What did Julia receive from the person she met at the nursing home?
(a) A file on Sarah.
(b) The key to the cubby where Sarah's brother died.
(c) Photos of Sarah.
(d) Letters from Sarah to his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sirka/Sarah tell the DuFaures after Rachel was taken?
2. Who calls Julia to say that Mr. DuFaure would like to meet with her?
3. How does this trip make Julia feel?
4. What does Bertrand propose to Julia?
5. When does this person at the nursing home meet Sarah?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Franck Lévy show Julia, and what does it make her feel?
2. What does Julia learn from Sarah's wedding announcement?
3. What is Bertrand's response when he hears that Julia is not aborting the baby?
4. What happens to Julia after her meeting with William Rainsferd?
5. What is the tone of the book, up to the point of Julia finding out about Sarah from Eduard?
6. What is Julia's state of mind as she plans to travel to Tuscany?
7. Describe Julia arrival at the Rainsferds house.
8. What does Franck Lévy tell Julia Jaramond about the Tézacs' apartment?
9. Describe Sarah's return to her apartment.
10. Describe Julia interaction with Eduard.
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)