|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say about children surviving the deportations and camps?
(a) Almost all children were captured and sent to camps.
(b) Some survived, but not many.
(c) They typically only survived until late autumn, if they ran away.
(d) There were camps of runaway children surviving in the forests.
2. What do the DuFaures insist to the police?
(a) That they were not hiding Rachel.
(b) That Jews deserved doctors as well as everyone else.
(c) That Rachel needed medical attention.
(d) That Rachel hadn't done anything wrong.
3. Where does Charla locate Mr. and Mrs. R. J. Rainsferd?
4. What was Rachel too weak for?
(a) To eat.
(b) To be carried downstairs.
(c) To speak.
(d) To open her eyes.
5. What is Julia looking forward to doing?
(a) Being free of the baby.
(b) Leaving Paris.
(c) Reuniting with Bertrand.
(d) Divorcing Bertrand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Julia Jaramond tell Franck Lévy's information to?
2. Why are the DuFaures worried about Rachel?
3. Who shows up at the nursing home when Julia was scheduled to visit?
4. Who does Julia call to see if she can arrange to find Sarah?
5. How does the narrator characterize the trip to Paris?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Julia's trip to Drancy.
2. What is the tone of the book, up to the point of Julia finding out about Sarah from Eduard?
3. What does Eduard send to Julia, and what does she learn from it?
4. Describe Julia arrival at the Rainsferds house.
5. What clue remains unexplored even after Julia finds out that Sarah died?
6. What are the contents of the letter Gaspard DuFaure gives Julia?
7. What does Julia learn about Sarah during her trip to Orléans.
8. What happens to Julia after her meeting with William Rainsferd?
9. How does Julia's pregnancy affect her feelings about Sarah's history?
10. Describe Rachel's arrest at the DuFaures'.
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)