|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what decision does Julia change her mind?
(a) Looking for Sarah.
(b) Publishing her story about Sarah.
(c) Having an abortion.
(d) Leaving Paris.
2. Where does Julia go to meet the person Mara Rainsferd gave her contact info for?
(d) St. Petersburg.
3. What does Julia consent to?
(a) Not to publish her information about Sarah.
(b) Meet with Sarah.
(c) Have an abortion.
(d) Give up looking for Sarah.
4. Where did Bertrand come home from?
5. How does the letter describe Sarah's feelings about peace?
(a) It doesn't exist.
(b) It is an illusion.
(c) It is a fleeting sensation.
(d) It has a bitter taste.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gaspard DuFaure ask Julia?
2. Where does Charla locate Mr. and Mrs. R. J. Rainsferd?
3. What does this information about Sarah inspire in Julia?
4. How does the narrator characterize the trip to Paris?
5. What does Sirka/Sarah tell the DuFaures after Rachel was taken?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator say Julia is troubled by?
2. What does Julia learn from Sarah's wedding announcement?
3. Describe Sarah's return to her apartment.
4. What decision does Julia change her mind about?
5. What is Bertrand's response when he hears that Julia is not aborting the baby?
6. Where doe Julia travel to in the U.S. in her search for Sarah?
7. How does Julia's pregnancy affect her feelings about Sarah's history?
8. What is the tone of the book, up to the point of Julia finding out about Sarah from Eduard?
9. What are the contents of the letter Gaspard DuFaure gives Julia?
10. Describe Julia's trip to Drancy.
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)