|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Sarah stop corresponding with the DuFaures?
2. What does Bamber notice about Julia?
(a) That she seems to be ill.
(b) That she hasn't been touched by the site at all.
(c) That she looks faint.
(d) That something is wrong.
3. Where does Sirka hide when the police come?
(a) In a chest of drawers.
(b) In a cabinet.
(c) In a potato sack.
(d) In a trunk.
4. What work did Sarah take in her new home?
(c) Social worker.
5. What did Julia receive from the person she met at the nursing home?
(a) Letters from Sarah to his father.
(b) Photos of Sarah.
(c) The key to the cubby where Sarah's brother died.
(d) A file on Sarah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julia tell Bertrand about the baby?
2. Gaspard gives Julia a letter--who was it written to?
3. What does the narrator say about children surviving the deportations and camps?
4. What does Julia learn about Sarah from this person?
5. What does Franck Lévy tell Julia Jaramond about Sarah?
Short Essay Questions
1. What clue remains unexplored even after Julia finds out that Sarah died?
2. Where doe Julia travel to in the U.S. in her search for Sarah?
3. What is Bertrand's response when he hears that Julia is not aborting the baby?
4. What does Julia learn from Sarah's wedding announcement?
5. Describe Julia interaction with Eduard.
6. What does Julia decide to do about her pregnancy and her marriage?
7. Describe Rachel's arrest at the DuFaures'.
8. How does the narrator characterize the interactions between Julia and Bamber during their trip to Vel d'Hiv'.
9. What does Julia learn about Sarah during her trip to Orléans.
10. How does Julia's pregnancy affect her feelings about Sarah's history?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)