|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bamber notice about Julia?
(a) That she looks faint.
(b) That she seems to be ill.
(c) That she hasn't been touched by the site at all.
(d) That something is wrong.
2. How does Gaspard DuFaure characterize Sarah?
(a) As depressed.
(b) As happy.
(c) As unhappy.
(d) As preternaturally insightful.
3. What do the DuFaures try to do when the police come?
(a) Prevent them taking Rachel.
(b) Find out whether they will be taken as well.
(c) Tell the police where other Jews are hiding.
(d) Get information from the police about the war.
4. How does the letter describe Sarah's feelings about peace?
(a) It is an illusion.
(b) It is a fleeting sensation.
(c) It doesn't exist.
(d) It has a bitter taste.
5. Where do Julia and Guillaume make a trip to?
(c) Vel d'Hiv'.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sirka/Sarah tell the DuFaures after Rachel was taken?
2. What did Julia receive from the person she met at the nursing home?
3. Who shows up at the nursing home when Julia was scheduled to visit?
4. What is Julia looking forward to doing?
5. What does the curator at the Memorial Museum tell Julia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the contents of the letter Gaspard DuFaure gives Julia?
2. What does Julia learn about Sarah during her trip to Orléans.
3. How does the narrator characterize the interactions between Julia and Bamber during their trip to Vel d'Hiv'.
4. What does Eduard send to Julia, and what does she learn from it?
5. Describe Julia arrival at the Rainsferds house.
6. What does Julia learn from Sarah's wedding announcement?
7. What decision does Julia change her mind about?
8. How does Julia's pregnancy affect her feelings about Sarah's history?
9. What happens to Julia after her meeting with William Rainsferd?
10. What clue remains unexplored even after Julia finds out that Sarah died?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)