|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sarah find when she gets back to her apartment?
(a) Her brother's body.
(b) The building is gone.
(c) The cubby is empty.
(d) People in the apartment won't let her in.
2. When did Sarah stop corresponding with the DuFaures?
3. What does Bertrand say he's going through?
(a) A mid-life crisis.
(b) A painful transition.
(c) Growing pains.
4. How does the narrator characterize the trip to Paris?
(a) Sarah was recognized, but escaped in a chase.
(b) Sarah was sent back to the DuFaures, but they tried another route and got through.
(c) There were some close calls along the way.
(d) The trip was uneventful.
5. What does Franck Lévy tell Julia Jaramond about the family at 26 rue de Saintonge in July 1942?
(a) That he does not know who was there.
(b) That his memory is bad.
(c) That he is still haunted by the people's cries.
(d) That his information is not for publication.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what decision does Julia change her mind?
2. What does Julia consent to?
3. What does Gaspard DuFaure ask Julia?
4. How does Julia respond to Bamber's offer?
5. Where does Julia travel to, in her search for Sarah?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the meeting with William Rainsferd.
2. What is the tone of the book, up to the point of Julia finding out about Sarah from Eduard?
3. Where doe Julia travel to in the U.S. in her search for Sarah?
4. What is Bertrand's response when he hears that Julia is not aborting the baby?
5. Describe Julia's trip to Drancy.
6. What clue remains unexplored even after Julia finds out that Sarah died?
7. Describe Julia interaction with Eduard.
8. What does Franck Lévy show Julia, and what does it make her feel?
9. What is Julia's state of mind as she plans to travel to Tuscany?
10. What does Julia learn about Sarah during her trip to Orléans.
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)