|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the DuFaures worried about Rachel?
(a) They are afraid the doctor called the police.
(b) They are afraid that Rachel will die.
(c) They are afraid that the infection will spread.
(d) They are afraid that Rachel's sickness is infectious.
2. What does Nathalie DuFaure tell Julia she found?
(a) Sarah's birth certificate.
(b) Sarah's wedding announcement.
(c) Sarah's address.
(d) Sarah's phone number.
3. What does Julia attend at rue Nélaton?
(a) A huge gathering of survivors and others.
(b) A film screening.
(c) A mock trial.
(d) A memorial service.
4. What was Rachel too weak for?
(a) To open her eyes.
(b) To eat.
(c) To be carried downstairs.
(d) To speak.
5. Who is Gaspard DuFaure?
(a) Nephew of Jules and Geneviève.
(b) Son of Jules and Geneviève.
(c) Grandson of Jules and Geneviève.
(d) Executor of Jules and Geneviève's estate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What work did Sarah take in her new home?
2. What does Julia ask Franck Lévy about Sarah?
3. Who does Julia Jaramond tell Franck Lévy's information to?
4. How does this trip make Julia feel?
5. What does the curator at the Memorial Museum tell Julia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Julia learn about Sarah during her trip to Orléans.
2. What does the narrator say Julia is troubled by?
3. What does Franck Lévy show Julia, and what does it make her feel?
4. What does Eduard send to Julia, and what does she learn from it?
5. What is Bertrand's response when he hears that Julia is not aborting the baby?
6. Describe Julia's trip to Drancy.
7. What point in the development of the plot does this moment signify?
8. How does Julia's pregnancy affect her feelings about Sarah's history?
9. What does Julia decide to do about her pregnancy and her marriage?
10. How does the narrator characterize the interactions between Julia and Bamber during their trip to Vel d'Hiv'.
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)