|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the DuFaures respond to what Sarah tells them?
(a) They say that it wasn't their crime, and they were powerless to prevent it.
(b) They say that the times are bad.
(c) They offer to take her themselves.
(d) They say that they did the best they could.
2. What does Sirka/Sarah tell the DuFaures after Rachel was taken?
(a) That they are bad people.
(b) That she is going to Paris.
(c) That they did the best they could.
(d) That she will avenge Rachel's arrest.
3. Gaspard gives Julia a letter--who was it written to?
4. What was Rachel too weak for?
(a) To eat.
(b) To open her eyes.
(c) To speak.
(d) To be carried downstairs.
5. What does the letter talk about?
(a) Sarah's parents.
(b) Sarah's charity work.
(c) Sarah's art.
(d) Sarah's heartache.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gaspard DuFaure characterize Sarah?
2. Why are the DuFaures worried about Rachel?
3. Who calls Julia to say that Mr. DuFaure would like to meet with her?
4. Where do Julia and Bamber travel next?
5. How does the letter describe Sarah's feelings about peace?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eduard send to Julia, and what does she learn from it?
2. What is Julia's state of mind as she plans to travel to Tuscany?
3. What point in the development of the plot does this moment signify?
4. What are the contents of the letter Gaspard DuFaure gives Julia?
5. Describe Sarah's return to her apartment.
6. Describe Rachel's arrest at the DuFaures'.
7. Describe Julia arrival at the Rainsferds house.
8. Describe Julia's trip to Drancy.
9. What does Julia learn about Sarah during her trip to Orléans.
10. What does Julia learn from Sarah's wedding announcement?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)