|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the girl and Rachel go from Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) The woods.
(b) The city.
(c) A farmhouse.
(d) A swamp.
2. What does the concierge tell the police?
(a) Where to find other Jews.
(b) That the girl and her mother are not Jewish.
(c) To go to Hell.
(d) To treat the girl and her mother well.
3. What does the father do when the girl falls ill?
(a) Comforts her.
(b) Takes her to a doctor.
(c) Abandons her.
(d) Buys her medicine.
4. What do the people at the door tell the girl's mother to do?
(a) Tell her to flee.
(b) Tell her to pack her things.
(c) Arrest her.
(d) Warn her that the police are coming.
5. How old is the girl's brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the red-haired policeman's demeanor when the girl sees him at Beaune-la-Rolande?
2. What does the mother tell the girl?
3. How is the family transported away from their neighborhood?
4. Where do the police believe the boy is?
5. How does the girl change at Beaune-la-Rolande?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lead does Julia get for gathering more information about Vel d'Hiv' during her trip there?
2. What does pregnancy mean for Julia?
3. Describe the conditions at Beaune-la-Rolande.
4. How does the narrator say the girl and her mother react differently to the conditions at Beaune-la-Rolande?
5. How does the narrator describe the site of Vel d'Hiv'?
6. Describe the girl and her parents' departure for Beaune-la-Rolande.
7. How does it happen that two members of the family do not go with the police?
8. What happens when the girl and her parents arrive at Beaune-la-Rolande?
9. Where do the girl and Rachel go after Beaune-la-Rolande?
10. How are the girl and her mother treated as they leave the apartment building?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)