|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) A ghetto.
(b) A concentration camp.
(c) A prison.
(d) A holding camp.
2. What is the girl's father's occupation?
(b) Factory foreman.
3. How old is the girl's brother?
4. What condition does the narrator say the people are in?
5. What is Mame Tézac suffering?
(c) Multiple sclerosis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the neighbor say as the girl and her mother leave?
2. What is Bertrand's attitude toward Julia?
3. How does the narrator describe the conditions at Beaune-la-Rolande?
4. What is Bertrand's reaction when Julia tells him about her pregnancy?
5. What is the girl's mother's reaction to this?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the girl and her parents arrive at Beaune-la-Rolande?
2. What are conditions like at the location where the buses take the girl and her mother?
3. Describe the conditions at Beaune-la-Rolande.
4. What does the girl do when the girls are separated from their mothers?
5. What do the yellow stars signify?
6. When and where does "Sarah's Key" take place?
7. What does pregnancy mean for Julia?
8. Describe the girl and her parents' departure for Beaune-la-Rolande.
9. How does the narrator say the girl and her mother react differently to the conditions at Beaune-la-Rolande?
10. What restrictions have the Jews had to obey under the Vichy government?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)