|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who proposes to escape?
(b) The girl.
2. What does Bertrand tell Julia when she becomes upset about his mother's apartment?
(a) That it had been completely gutted.
(b) That she is imagining things.
(c) That he knows about the cubby-hole.
(d) To calm down.
3. What do the people at the door tell the girl's mother to do?
(a) Arrest her.
(b) Tell her to flee.
(c) Warn her that the police are coming.
(d) Tell her to pack her things.
4. What is Bertrand's attitude toward Julia?
5. What does the mother tell the girl?
(a) To get her coat and get ready to go.
(b) To run.
(c) To get her brother and pack some things for him.
(d) To pack her things.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Beaune-la-Rolande?
2. What does the girl receive from a stranger?
3. How is the family transported away from their neighborhood?
4. What is Mame Tézac suffering?
5. How do the girl's parents react when they hear about the boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the site of Vel d'Hiv'?
2. How are the girl and her mother treated as they leave the apartment building?
3. Where are the girl and her parents sent to, before their final destination?
4. What is the larger context for the story, and how does the story clue us in to that larger context?
5. How does it happen that two members of the family do not go with the police?
6. Describe the girl's escape with Rachel.
7. Describe the girl and her parents' departure for Beaune-la-Rolande.
8. What kind of writing does Julia do?
9. Describe the conditions at Beaune-la-Rolande.
10. Describe Julia Jaramond's relationship with her husband.
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)