|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened then the girl and her family arrived at Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) The men and women were separated.
(b) The people were killed.
(c) Healthy people were separated from sick people.
(d) The people were put to work.
2. Where do the police believe the boy is?
(b) The country.
(c) A neighbor's house.
(d) The cubby hole.
3. What condition does the narrator say the people are in?
4. What is Bertrand's attitude toward Julia?
5. Where does the girl's parents' fear come from?
(a) The aerial bombs.
(b) The fascists.
(c) The economy.
(d) The Germans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the girl and Rachel take with them from Beaune-la-Rolande?
2. How do the girl's parents react when they hear about the boy?
3. How old is the girl?
4. What do the people do when the orders come?
5. Where are the people transported to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize Julia and Zoe?
2. What lead does Julia get for gathering more information about Vel d'Hiv' during her trip there?
3. How does the narrator describe the site of Vel d'Hiv'?
4. How are the girl and her mother treated as they leave the apartment building?
5. What restrictions have the Jews had to obey under the Vichy government?
6. What happens when the girl and her parents arrive at Beaune-la-Rolande?
7. What are conditions like at the location where the buses take the girl and her mother?
8. Describe the girl and her parents' departure for Beaune-la-Rolande.
9. Where do the girl and Rachel go after Beaune-la-Rolande?
10. What does pregnancy mean for Julia?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)