|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the girl's parents react when they hear about the boy?
(a) They are relieved.
(b) They are horrified.
(c) They both pass out.
(d) They start a fight, and are beaten.
2. How does the narrator describe the conditions at Beaune-la-Rolande?
3. What is Bertrand's attitude toward Julia?
4. What is the girls doing at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Fleeing from Paris.
(b) Hiding in a basement.
(c) Eavesdropping on her parents.
(d) Being deported to a concentration camp.
5. What is the girl's mother's reaction to this?
(a) She flees immediately.
(b) She collapses.
(c) She sobs, but complies.
(d) She yells and carries on.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe how people felt about the girl's family?
2. What is Mame Tézac suffering?
3. How is the family transported away from their neighborhood?
4. How does the girl change at Beaune-la-Rolande?
5. What is the girl's father's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the girl's escape with Rachel.
2. What happens when the girl and her parents arrive at Beaune-la-Rolande?
3. Where do the girl and Rachel go after Beaune-la-Rolande?
4. How does it happen that two members of the family do not go with the police?
5. Describe the girl and her parents' departure for Beaune-la-Rolande.
6. Where are the girl and her parents sent to, before their final destination?
7. What do the yellow stars signify?
8. When and where does "Sarah's Key" take place?
9. How does the narrator say the girl and her mother react differently to the conditions at Beaune-la-Rolande?
10. What does Mame Tézac have to do with the events of the Vel d'Hiv' roundup?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)