|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who proposes to escape?
(d) The girl.
2. How old is the girl?
3. What is Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) A holding camp.
(b) A prison.
(c) A concentration camp.
(d) A ghetto.
4. What do the police tell the people?
(a) That they have to wait for orders.
(b) That they will be sent home soon.
(c) That they will be killed.
(d) That they will be sent to work camps.
5. Where are the people transported to?
(a) A bus station.
(b) A train station.
(c) Back home.
(d) A ghetto.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the parents tell the girl?
2. What does the mother tell the girl?
3. Where does the girl's father spend time when he is not working?
4. What does the girl say is clear from the Doctor's demeanor when he comes to treat Rachel?
5. What is the girl's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. When and where does "Sarah's Key" take place?
2. What does Mame Tézac have to do with the events of the Vel d'Hiv' roundup?
3. Where do the girl and Rachel go after Beaune-la-Rolande?
4. How does the narrator characterize Julia and Zoe?
5. Where are the girl and her parents sent to, before their final destination?
6. What do the girl and her mother take with them when they leave their home?
7. How are the girl and her mother treated as they leave the apartment building?
8. What does pregnancy mean for Julia?
9. What are conditions like at the location where the buses take the girl and her mother?
10. How does the narrator describe the site of Vel d'Hiv'?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)