|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the girl do when her father tells her what is happening?
(b) Runs away.
(c) Passes out.
(d) Becomes hysterical.
2. What does the mother tell the girl?
(a) To get her brother and pack some things for him.
(b) To pack her things.
(c) To run.
(d) To get her coat and get ready to go.
3. Where does the girl's father spend time when he is not working?
(a) The basement.
(b) The club.
(c) The library.
(d) The pub.
4. What are the people ordered to do?
(a) Register with the authorities.
(b) Take their things to the entrance.
(c) Line up for inspection.
(d) Leave their things and get on trains.
5. How does the girl spend her time at the new location?
(a) Making friends.
(b) With her head between her knees.
(c) Looking for food.
(d) Attempting to escape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What promise does the girl make to her brother?
2. Why is Julia Jaramond looking forward to taking over Mame Tézac's apartment?
3. How old is the girl's brother?
4. What does the neighbor say as the girl and her mother leave?
5. What does Julia know instinctively about Mame Tézac's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What point in the development of the plot does this moment signify?
2. Describe the confrontation with the entire family at the apartment.
3. How are the girl and her mother treated as they leave the apartment building?
4. What is Julia's state of mind as she plans to travel to Tuscany?
5. What decision does Julia change her mind about?
6. How does the narrator say the girl and her mother react differently to the conditions at Beaune-la-Rolande?
7. How does the narrator characterize Julia and Zoe?
8. What do William and Julia discuss over coffee?
9. Describe Sarah's return to her apartment.
10. What do the girl and her mother take with them when they leave their home?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)