|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the girl's father's occupation?
(c) Factory foreman.
2. How many Jews were deported from Vel d'Hiv' in July 1942?
(c) 1.3 million.
3. How old is the girl?
4. What is stamped on the family's identity cards?
5. What does the girl do when her father tells her what is happening?
(b) Becomes hysterical.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Passes out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say the girl thinks about at her new location?
2. What do the girl and Rachel take with them from Beaune-la-Rolande?
3. What does the girl think this predicament has to do with?
4. What is the girl's name?
5. What kind of food and drink did the girl and her mother find at their new location?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize Julia and Zoe?
2. What is the larger context for the story, and how does the story clue us in to that larger context?
3. What do the girl and her mother take with them when they leave their home?
4. What does the girl do when the girls are separated from their mothers?
5. How does the narrator describe the site of Vel d'Hiv'?
6. What are conditions like at the location where the buses take the girl and her mother?
7. What lead does Julia get for gathering more information about Vel d'Hiv' during her trip there?
8. Where do the girl and Rachel go after Beaune-la-Rolande?
9. How are the girl and her mother treated as they leave the apartment building?
10. What does pregnancy mean for Julia?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)