|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the police tell the people?
(a) That they will be sent home soon.
(b) That they have to wait for orders.
(c) That they will be killed.
(d) That they will be sent to work camps.
2. What do the parents tell the girl?
(a) That they will get the boy that night.
(b) That they are not going home.
(c) That the boy will die.
(d) That the neighbors will find the boy.
3. How is the family transported away from their neighborhood?
(a) By foot.
(b) By train.
(c) By cart.
(d) By bus.
4. What does the concierge do as the girl and her mother leave the building?
5. When does the girl think she will see the boy again?
(a) Within a few days.
(b) At the end of the war.
(d) That night.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the police react when the mother objected to going?
2. What do the people do when the orders come?
3. What does the narrator say the girl thinks about at her new location?
4. What does Rachel become sick with?
5. What does the plaque at Vel d'Hiv' tell passersby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the girl and her parents arrive at Beaune-la-Rolande?
2. What are conditions like at the location where the buses take the girl and her mother?
3. What does the girl do when the girls are separated from their mothers?
4. Describe the conditions at Beaune-la-Rolande.
5. Where are the girl and her parents sent to, before their final destination?
6. How does the narrator say the girl and her mother react differently to the conditions at Beaune-la-Rolande?
7. What do the yellow stars signify?
8. Describe the girl's escape with Rachel.
9. What does pregnancy mean for Julia?
10. How does the narrator describe the site of Vel d'Hiv'?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)