|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe how people felt about the girl's family?
(a) They were treated suspected as spies.
(b) They were not noticed.
(c) They were reviled.
(d) They were loved.
2. How is the family transported away from their neighborhood?
(a) By cart.
(b) By bus.
(c) By foot.
(d) By train.
3. What does the plaque at Vel d'Hiv' tell passersby?
(a) Never forget.
(b) Never let this happen again.
(c) Never let the Germans forget.
(d) Never let this site be built on.
4. Who proposes to escape?
(c) The girl.
5. What does the girl do to her brother?
(a) Tells him to hide.
(b) Locks him in a cubby-hole.
(c) Loses sight of him.
(d) Tells him to run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the father do when the girl and her mother are leaving?
2. What happens to the girls during the escape?
3. What ailments were NOT among the ailments described as afflicting the people at the new location?
4. Why is Julia Jaramond looking forward to taking over Mame Tézac's apartment?
5. How did the police react when the mother objected to going?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Julia Jaramond's relationship with her husband.
2. When and where does "Sarah's Key" take place?
3. Describe the girl and her parents' departure for Beaune-la-Rolande.
4. How does the narrator characterize Julia and Zoe?
5. Where do the girl and Rachel go after Beaune-la-Rolande?
6. What does Mame Tézac have to do with the events of the Vel d'Hiv' roundup?
7. Describe the conditions at Beaune-la-Rolande.
8. What kind of writing does Julia do?
9. What restrictions have the Jews had to obey under the Vichy government?
10. What does the girl do when the girls are separated from their mothers?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)