|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the police tell the people?
(a) That they have to wait for orders.
(b) That they will be killed.
(c) That they will be sent home soon.
(d) That they will be sent to work camps.
2. What does the girl do when her father tells her what is happening?
(b) Becomes hysterical.
(c) Passes out.
(d) Runs away.
3. Why is the girl angry with her father?
(a) She doesn't think he cares about her brother.
(b) She resents his powerlessness.
(c) She wants him to fight for her.
(d) She thinks he is preparing to abandon her.
4. Where are the people transported to?
(a) A bus station.
(b) A ghetto.
(c) Back home.
(d) A train station.
5. Where do the girl and Rachel go from Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) The city.
(b) A farmhouse.
(c) A swamp.
(d) The woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the girl do to her brother?
2. What do the parents tell the girl?
3. What is the girl's father's occupation?
4. What is the girl's mother's reaction to this?
5. How does the girl spend her time at the new location?
Short Essay Questions
1. When and where does "Sarah's Key" take place?
2. What do the girl and her mother take with them when they leave their home?
3. What happens when the girl and her parents arrive at Beaune-la-Rolande?
4. What kind of writing does Julia do?
5. How does the narrator describe the site of Vel d'Hiv'?
6. What does the girl do when the girls are separated from their mothers?
7. Describe the conditions at Beaune-la-Rolande.
8. What does Mame Tézac have to do with the events of the Vel d'Hiv' roundup?
9. Where are the girl and her parents sent to, before their final destination?
10. What is the larger context for the story, and how does the story clue us in to that larger context?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)