|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is at the door when there is a knock?
(a) German police.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) The girl's cousin.
(d) French police.
2. How does the girl spend her time at the new location?
(a) With her head between her knees.
(b) Making friends.
(c) Attempting to escape.
(d) Looking for food.
3. What is the girl's father's occupation?
(a) Factory foreman.
4. What language are the girl's parent's speaking?
5. What does the waiter at the café tell Julia and Bamber about?
(a) An old woman who'll remember Vel d'Hiv'.
(b) Where to look for information on Vel d'Hiv' at the National Archives.
(c) His grandparents who were deported from Vel d'Hiv'.
(d) That they should forget all about Vel d'Hiv'.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the father do when the girl and her mother are leaving?
2. Why is Julia Jaramond looking forward to taking over Mame Tézac's apartment?
3. Where does the girl's parents' fear come from?
4. What does the plaque at Vel d'Hiv' tell passersby?
5. Who proposes to escape?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do the girl and Rachel go after Beaune-la-Rolande?
2. What does pregnancy mean for Julia?
3. Describe the girl's escape with Rachel.
4. What restrictions have the Jews had to obey under the Vichy government?
5. Describe the girl and her parents' departure for Beaune-la-Rolande.
6. What lead does Julia get for gathering more information about Vel d'Hiv' during her trip there?
7. Describe Julia Jaramond's relationship with her husband.
8. How does the narrator describe the site of Vel d'Hiv'?
9. What is the opening scene of "Sarah's Key".
10. What are conditions like at the location where the buses take the girl and her mother?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)