|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the girl do to take care of the other children?
(a) Finds food.
(b) Tells stories.
(c) Steals from the guards.
(d) Invents games.
2. What happens to the girls during the escape?
(a) The red-haired policeman catches them.
(b) They get out without any incidents.
(c) They are caught and sent back.
(d) They have to kill a guard.
3. How is the family transported away from their neighborhood?
(a) By cart.
(b) By foot.
(c) By train.
(d) By bus.
4. What is Bertrand's reaction when Julia tells him about her pregnancy?
(a) He tells her to abort it.
(b) He is unhappy about it.
(c) He leaves her.
(d) He is thrilled.
5. What do the people at the door tell the girl's mother to do?
(a) Tell her to pack her things.
(b) Warn her that the police are coming.
(c) Arrest her.
(d) Tell her to flee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the girl think this predicament has to do with?
2. Who is at the door when there is a knock?
3. Who proposes to escape?
4. What do the people do when the orders come?
5. What kind of food and drink did the girl and her mother find at their new location?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator say the girl and her mother react differently to the conditions at Beaune-la-Rolande?
2. What lead does Julia get for gathering more information about Vel d'Hiv' during her trip there?
3. How do Julia's daughter and husband respond to her hospitalization?
4. Describe the conditions at Beaune-la-Rolande.
5. Where do the girl and Rachel go after Beaune-la-Rolande?
6. What happens when William Rainsferd shows up at Julia's apartment?
7. Describe the girl and her parents' departure for Beaune-la-Rolande.
8. What do the girl and her mother take with them when they leave their home?
9. What does the narrator say Julia is troubled by?
10. What does this condition mean for Julia?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)