|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the girl and Rachel take with them from Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) Money from the red-haired policeman.
(b) Food from the commissary.
(c) Two other children.
(d) The names of other children there.
2. Who do the girl and her mother see in the street?
(a) Other Jews.
(b) Other immigrants.
(c) Other professor's families.
(d) Other political refugees.
3. Where are the people transported to?
(a) A ghetto.
(b) Back home.
(c) A train station.
(d) A bus station.
4. What does Rachel become sick with?
(d) Scarlet fever.
5. What does the concierge do as the girl and her mother leave the building?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the people ordered to do?
2. What does Julia know instinctively about Mame Tézac's apartment?
3. What is the girls doing at the beginning of the novel?
4. When is "Sarah's Key" set?
5. What does the girl do when her father tells her what is happening?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where are the girl and her parents sent to, before their final destination?
2. How does it happen that two members of the family do not go with the police?
3. How does the narrator characterize Julia and Zoe?
4. What restrictions have the Jews had to obey under the Vichy government?
5. What are conditions like at the location where the buses take the girl and her mother?
6. Describe the conditions at Beaune-la-Rolande.
7. How does the narrator describe the site of Vel d'Hiv'?
8. When and where does "Sarah's Key" take place?
9. What is the opening scene of "Sarah's Key".
10. What lead does Julia get for gathering more information about Vel d'Hiv' during her trip there?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)