|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bertrand tell Julia when she becomes upset about his mother's apartment?
(a) To calm down.
(b) That she is imagining things.
(c) That he knows about the cubby-hole.
(d) That it had been completely gutted.
2. What is the girls doing at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Being deported to a concentration camp.
(b) Fleeing from Paris.
(c) Hiding in a basement.
(d) Eavesdropping on her parents.
3. When does the girl think she will see the boy again?
(a) Within a few days.
(c) That night.
(d) At the end of the war.
4. What does the mother tell the girl?
(a) To get her coat and get ready to go.
(b) To get her brother and pack some things for him.
(c) To pack her things.
(d) To run.
5. What is stamped on the family's identity cards?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the girl's parents' fear come from?
2. How did the police react when the mother objected to going?
3. How is the family transported away from their neighborhood?
4. What is the girl's name?
5. What does the narrator say the girl thinks about at her new location?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does this condition mean for Julia?
2. What is Bertrand's response when he hears that Julia is not aborting the baby?
3. What is the opening scene of "Sarah's Key".
4. What are the contents of the letter Gaspard DuFaure gives Julia?
5. How does the narrator describe the site of Vel d'Hiv'?
6. Describe Julia Jaramond's relationship with her husband.
7. Where are the girl and her parents sent to, before their final destination?
8. What does Julia wonder about William Rainsferd?
9. How does the narrator say the girl and her mother react differently to the conditions at Beaune-la-Rolande?
10. What happens when the girl and her parents arrive at Beaune-la-Rolande?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)