|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the girl do when her father tells her what is happening?
(a) Becomes hysterical.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Passes out.
2. How does the narrator explain the fact that Bamber did not know anything about Vel d'Hiv'?
(a) She was British.
(b) She was not Jewish.
(c) She was young.
(d) She was old.
3. How does the narrator describe the conditions at Beaune-la-Rolande?
4. What does the mother tell the girl?
(a) To get her coat and get ready to go.
(b) To run.
(c) To get her brother and pack some things for him.
(d) To pack her things.
5. How does the mother change at Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) She gets fierce.
(b) She gets sick and weak.
(c) She becomes a shell of her former self.
(d) She collapses from within.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of food and drink did the girl and her mother find at their new location?
2. What happened then the girl and her family arrived at Beaune-la-Rolande?
3. What does the father do when the girl falls ill?
4. What is Bertrand's attitude toward Julia?
5. Where does the girl's father spend time when he is not working?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the yellow stars signify?
2. What do the girl and her mother take with them when they leave their home?
3. What does pregnancy mean for Julia?
4. What happens when the girl and her parents arrive at Beaune-la-Rolande?
5. How does it happen that two members of the family do not go with the police?
6. How does the narrator characterize Julia and Zoe?
7. When and where does "Sarah's Key" take place?
8. What does the girl do when the girls are separated from their mothers?
9. Where do the girl and Rachel go after Beaune-la-Rolande?
10. Where are the girl and her parents sent to, before their final destination?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)