|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the father tell the girl about their situation?
(a) They have to fight if they're going to survive.
(b) There's nothing they can do.
(c) They are going to die.
(d) They are being made to pay for someone's sins.
2. Where does the girl's father spend time when he is not working?
(a) The pub.
(b) The club.
(c) The basement.
(d) The library.
3. What ailments were NOT among the ailments described as afflicting the people at the new location?
(c) Stillborn baby.
(d) Heart attack.
4. What do the people do when the orders come?
(a) They resist.
(b) They comply.
(c) They riot.
(d) They hide.
5. What does the girl think this predicament has to do with?
(a) Their religion.
(b) The economy.
(c) The yellow stars on their clothes.
(d) The Germans.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the girl's parents react when they hear about the boy?
2. What is Bertrand's attitude toward Julia?
3. What is the girl's father's occupation?
4. What do the police tell the people?
5. Why is the girl angry with her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize Julia and Zoe?
2. Describe the meeting with William Rainsferd.
3. What restrictions have the Jews had to obey under the Vichy government?
4. What does this condition mean for Julia?
5. What does Julia learn from Sarah's wedding announcement?
6. What is Julia's state of mind as she plans to travel to Tuscany?
7. What does Julia learn about Sarah during her trip to Orléans.
8. What do the girl and her mother take with them when they leave their home?
9. What is Bertrand's response when he hears that Julia is not aborting the baby?
10. What kind of writing does Julia do?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)