|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the father do when the girl falls ill?
(a) Comforts her.
(b) Takes her to a doctor.
(c) Abandons her.
(d) Buys her medicine.
2. What is the girl's father's occupation?
(c) Factory foreman.
3. Who do the girl and her mother see in the street?
(a) Other professor's families.
(b) Other Jews.
(c) Other political refugees.
(d) Other immigrants.
4. How does the girl spend her time at the new location?
(a) Making friends.
(b) Looking for food.
(c) Attempting to escape.
(d) With her head between her knees.
5. What do the police tell the people?
(a) That they will be sent home soon.
(b) That they have to wait for orders.
(c) That they will be killed.
(d) That they will be sent to work camps.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the conditions at Beaune-la-Rolande?
2. How long had the girl been at this new location before she became ill?
3. What does the father tell the girl about their situation?
4. What does Bertrand tell Julia when she becomes upset about his mother's apartment?
5. What is the girl's mother's reaction to this?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Julia decide to do about her pregnancy and her marriage?
2. Describe the conditions at Beaune-la-Rolande.
3. What happens when William Rainsferd shows up at Julia's apartment?
4. What clue remains unexplored even after Julia finds out that Sarah died?
5. What is in Sarah's diary?
6. What does Julia learn from Sarah's wedding announcement?
7. What does the narrator say Julia is troubled by?
8. What does Franck Lévy show Julia, and what does it make her feel?
9. What restrictions have the Jews had to obey under the Vichy government?
10. Describe Julia interaction with Eduard.
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)