|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the girl angry with her father?
(a) She resents his powerlessness.
(b) She doesn't think he cares about her brother.
(c) She wants him to fight for her.
(d) She thinks he is preparing to abandon her.
2. When is "Sarah's Key" set?
(a) 1941 and 1996.
(c) 1942 and 2002.
3. How does the girl spend her time at the new location?
(a) Looking for food.
(b) Making friends.
(c) Attempting to escape.
(d) With her head between her knees.
4. How did the restrictions affect the girl?
(a) She was beaten regularly.
(b) She could not play in the park.
(c) She was forced to work long hours cleaning the sidewalks.
(d) She could not leave the house.
5. What does the waiter at the café tell Julia and Bamber about?
(a) Where to look for information on Vel d'Hiv' at the National Archives.
(b) An old woman who'll remember Vel d'Hiv'.
(c) That they should forget all about Vel d'Hiv'.
(d) His grandparents who were deported from Vel d'Hiv'.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel become sick with?
2. How is the family transported away from their neighborhood?
3. What does the girl say is clear from the Doctor's demeanor when he comes to treat Rachel?
4. What are the people ordered to do?
5. What condition does the narrator say the people are in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does it happen that two members of the family do not go with the police?
2. How does the narrator describe the site of Vel d'Hiv'?
3. Describe Julia Jaramond's relationship with her husband.
4. What lead does Julia get for gathering more information about Vel d'Hiv' during her trip there?
5. What happens when the girl and her parents arrive at Beaune-la-Rolande?
6. What do the yellow stars signify?
7. Describe the girl and her parents' departure for Beaune-la-Rolande.
8. What does pregnancy mean for Julia?
9. When and where does "Sarah's Key" take place?
10. What are conditions like at the location where the buses take the girl and her mother?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)