|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the people ordered to do?
(a) Register with the authorities.
(b) Take their things to the entrance.
(c) Leave their things and get on trains.
(d) Line up for inspection.
2. What does the girl think this predicament has to do with?
(a) The Germans.
(b) The economy.
(c) Their religion.
(d) The yellow stars on their clothes.
3. How does the narrator describe the conditions at Beaune-la-Rolande?
4. When is "Sarah's Key" set?
(a) 1942 and 2002.
(d) 1941 and 1996.
5. What was Vélodrome d' Hiver before it was a holding site for Jews?
(a) A ghetto.
(b) A campground.
(c) A race track.
(d) A stadium.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition does the narrator say the people are in?
2. What is Beaune-la-Rolande?
3. What is Bertrand's attitude toward Julia?
4. What does the girl do when her father tells her what is happening?
5. Who is at the door when there is a knock?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the girl and her mother take with them when they leave their home?
2. How are the girl and her mother treated as they leave the apartment building?
3. Where do the girl and Rachel go after Beaune-la-Rolande?
4. Describe the conditions at Beaune-la-Rolande.
5. When and where does "Sarah's Key" take place?
6. What does Mame Tézac have to do with the events of the Vel d'Hiv' roundup?
7. What does pregnancy mean for Julia?
8. What is the larger context for the story, and how does the story clue us in to that larger context?
9. What is the opening scene of "Sarah's Key".
10. What kind of writing does Julia do?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)