|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bertrand tell Julia when she becomes upset about his mother's apartment?
(a) That he knows about the cubby-hole.
(b) That it had been completely gutted.
(c) That she is imagining things.
(d) To calm down.
2. What happens to the girls during the escape?
(a) The red-haired policeman catches them.
(b) They get out without any incidents.
(c) They are caught and sent back.
(d) They have to kill a guard.
3. How old is the girl's brother?
4. What does Rachel become sick with?
(d) Scarlet fever.
5. What does the girl say is clear from the Doctor's demeanor when he comes to treat Rachel?
(a) He will report them as Jews.
(b) He would not betray the girls' location.
(c) He would not take care of a refugee.
(d) He was helping as many people as he could.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the girl's parents react when they hear about the boy?
2. How does the girl change at Beaune-la-Rolande?
3. How old is the girl?
4. Where do the girl and Rachel go from Beaune-la-Rolande?
5. What does the girl do to her brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the girl and her mother treated as they leave the apartment building?
2. What does pregnancy mean for Julia?
3. What does Mame Tézac have to do with the events of the Vel d'Hiv' roundup?
4. What is the opening scene of "Sarah's Key".
5. Describe the girl and her parents' departure for Beaune-la-Rolande.
6. Describe Julia Jaramond's relationship with her husband.
7. What lead does Julia get for gathering more information about Vel d'Hiv' during her trip there?
8. How does the narrator describe the site of Vel d'Hiv'?
9. What does the girl do when the girls are separated from their mothers?
10. What is the larger context for the story, and how does the story clue us in to that larger context?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)