|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Vélodrome d' Hiver before it was a holding site for Jews?
(a) A ghetto.
(b) A race track.
(c) A stadium.
(d) A campground.
2. What is the girl's mother's reaction to this?
(a) She flees immediately.
(b) She sobs, but complies.
(c) She yells and carries on.
(d) She collapses.
3. What ailments were NOT among the ailments described as afflicting the people at the new location?
(a) Stillborn baby.
(b) Heart attack.
4. Where do the girl and Rachel go from Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) The city.
(b) The woods.
(c) A farmhouse.
(d) A swamp.
5. Who proposes to escape?
(d) The girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the father do when the girl falls ill?
2. Where does the girl's parents' fear come from?
3. What do the people do when the orders come?
4. Where do the police believe the boy is?
5. When is "Sarah's Key" set?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the site of Vel d'Hiv'?
2. What do the girl and her mother take with them when they leave their home?
3. Where are the girl and her parents sent to, before their final destination?
4. Describe the girl and her parents' departure for Beaune-la-Rolande.
5. What lead does Julia get for gathering more information about Vel d'Hiv' during her trip there?
6. Describe Julia Jaramond's relationship with her husband.
7. What is the opening scene of "Sarah's Key".
8. What does Mame Tézac have to do with the events of the Vel d'Hiv' roundup?
9. What happens when the girl and her parents arrive at Beaune-la-Rolande?
10. What are conditions like at the location where the buses take the girl and her mother?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)