|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Julia to say that Mr. DuFaure would like to meet with her?
(a) Nathalie DuFaure.
2. What does Bertrand tell Julia about having a child?
(a) He can't handle it.
(b) He doesn't think they have the time or money for one.
(c) He wants one enormously.
(d) He says that he's been having an affair.
3. What does Sarah find when she gets back to her apartment?
(a) The building is gone.
(b) The cubby is empty.
(c) Her brother's body.
(d) People in the apartment won't let her in.
4. How old was Sarah when the DuFaures lost track of her?
5. What does Julia consent to?
(a) Not to publish her information about Sarah.
(b) Give up looking for Sarah.
(c) Meet with Sarah.
(d) Have an abortion.
6. How does Julia take this person's arrival at the nursing home?
(a) As a bad sign.
(b) As an opportunity to get new information.
(c) As a sign of contrition.
(d) As a sign of aggression.
7. Who is Richard Rainsferd?
(a) Sarah's pastor.
(b) Sarah's son.
(c) Sarah's landlord.
(d) Sarah's husband.
8. What does the narrator say about children surviving the deportations and camps?
(a) There were camps of runaway children surviving in the forests.
(b) Some survived, but not many.
(c) Almost all children were captured and sent to camps.
(d) They typically only survived until late autumn, if they ran away.
9. Why are the DuFaures worried about Rachel?
(a) They are afraid that Rachel's sickness is infectious.
(b) They are afraid that Rachel will die.
(c) They are afraid that the infection will spread.
(d) They are afraid the doctor called the police.
10. How does the letter describe Sarah's feelings about peace?
(a) It doesn't exist.
(b) It has a bitter taste.
(c) It is a fleeting sensation.
(d) It is an illusion.
11. How does Mrs. DuFaure distract the policemen who are searching the basement?
(a) She falls and claims to have injured her ankle.
(b) She chats them up.
(c) She offers food and drink.
(d) She weeps and makes a scene.
12. Who does Julia meet at the Rainsferd house?
(a) The Rainsferd's daughter.
(b) Mrs. Rainsferd.
(c) The Rainsferd's nanny.
(d) Mr. Rainsferd.
13. Where is Sarah?
(a) Sarah died in 1972 in a car wreck.
(b) Sarah is traveling to the Middle East.
(c) Sarah separated from her husband and moved back to France.
(d) Sarah divorced Mr. Rainsferd and lives in L.A.
14. Where do Julia and Guillaume make a trip to?
(a) Vel d'Hiv'.
15. What does this information about Sarah inspire in Julia?
(a) A desire to find Sarah.
(b) A desire to go to sleep.
(c) A desire to get away from France.
(d) A desire to perform violent acts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the curator at the Memorial Museum tell Julia?
2. Who are the Starzynskis?
3. What do the DuFaures try to do when the police come?
4. What did Julia receive from the person she met at the nursing home?
5. How does this trip make Julia feel?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)