|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what decision does Julia change her mind?
(a) Leaving Paris.
(b) Publishing her story about Sarah.
(c) Having an abortion.
(d) Looking for Sarah.
2. What does Nathalie DuFaure tell Julia she found?
(a) Sarah's birth certificate.
(b) Sarah's address.
(c) Sarah's wedding announcement.
(d) Sarah's phone number.
3. How does the letter describe Sarah's feelings about peace?
(a) It is a fleeting sensation.
(b) It has a bitter taste.
(c) It doesn't exist.
(d) It is an illusion.
4. What does Franck Lévy tell Julia Jaramond about the family at 26 rue de Saintonge in July 1942?
(a) That he does not know who was there.
(b) That his information is not for publication.
(c) That he is still haunted by the people's cries.
(d) That his memory is bad.
5. When does this person at the nursing home meet Sarah?
(a) Ten years earlier.
(b) In Paris in 1946.
(c) As a young boy.
6. How does Mrs. DuFaure distract the policemen who are searching the basement?
(a) She falls and claims to have injured her ankle.
(b) She offers food and drink.
(c) She weeps and makes a scene.
(d) She chats them up.
7. What does Julia consent to?
(a) Have an abortion.
(b) Give up looking for Sarah.
(c) Meet with Sarah.
(d) Not to publish her information about Sarah.
8. What does Bamber offer Julia?
(a) Time to talk.
(b) A shoulder to cry on.
9. Where did Sarah go?
(a) The U.S.
10. Who calls Julia to say that Mr. DuFaure would like to meet with her?
(a) Nathalie DuFaure.
11. What does Julia learn about Sarah from this person?
(a) That Sarah had died.
(b) That Sarah was still living in Paris.
(c) That his father had sent the DuFaures money for Sarah.
(d) That Sarah had emigrated to the U.S.
12. What message did Bertrand get when he returned home?
(a) Julia called to say that she was leaving for New York.
(b) Sarah called to see who was looking for her.
(c) Zoe called to say that her mother had left for a trip.
(d) The doctor called to say that Julia had decided against the abortion.
13. What is Charla's relation to Bertrand?
14. What did Julia receive from the person she met at the nursing home?
(a) The key to the cubby where Sarah's brother died.
(b) A file on Sarah.
(c) Photos of Sarah.
(d) Letters from Sarah to his father.
15. What does Bertrand tell Julia about having a child?
(a) He can't handle it.
(b) He wants one enormously.
(c) He doesn't think they have the time or money for one.
(d) He says that he's been having an affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bertrand say he's going through?
2. Where does Charla locate Mr. and Mrs. R. J. Rainsferd?
3. What does Franck Lévy tell Julia Jaramond about Sarah?
4. What is Julia dismayed by during this next stop?
5. How does Julia take this person's arrival at the nursing home?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)