|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mara Rainsferd?
(a) Mr. Rainsferd's niece.
(b) Mr. Rainsferd's daughter.
(c) Mr. Rainsferd's second wife.
(d) Mr. Rainsferd's daughter-in-law.
2. What does Gaspard DuFaure ask Julia?
(a) Why she wants to find Sarah.
(b) Whether she is a happy woman.
(c) Whether she's going to have her baby.
(d) How she heard about Sarah's story in the first place.
3. What does Sirka/Sarah tell the DuFaures after Rachel was taken?
(a) That they are bad people.
(b) That she is going to Paris.
(c) That she will avenge Rachel's arrest.
(d) That they did the best they could.
4. How does Julia take this person's arrival at the nursing home?
(a) As an opportunity to get new information.
(b) As a sign of contrition.
(c) As a sign of aggression.
(d) As a bad sign.
5. How do the DuFaures respond to what Sarah tells them?
(a) They say that they did the best they could.
(b) They say that it wasn't their crime, and they were powerless to prevent it.
(c) They say that the times are bad.
(d) They offer to take her themselves.
6. Where does Julia go to meet the person Mara Rainsferd gave her contact info for?
(b) St. Petersburg.
7. When did Sarah leave France?
8. Who are the Starzynskis?
(a) Sarah's cousins.
(b) Sarah's neighbors.
(c) Sarah's grandparents.
(d) Sarah's family.
9. How does Gaspard DuFaure characterize Sarah?
(a) As unhappy.
(b) As preternaturally insightful.
(c) As depressed.
(d) As happy.
10. How did Jules and Geneviève react when they stopped hearing from Sarah?
(a) They always thought she would show up again.
(b) They were confident in her.
(c) They were relieved.
(d) They were heartbroken.
11. What does Franck Lévy tell Julia Jaramond about the family at 26 rue de Saintonge in July 1942?
(a) That he does not know who was there.
(b) That his information is not for publication.
(c) That he is still haunted by the people's cries.
(d) That his memory is bad.
12. What do the DuFaures try to do when the police come?
(a) Prevent them taking Rachel.
(b) Tell the police where other Jews are hiding.
(c) Get information from the police about the war.
(d) Find out whether they will be taken as well.
13. Who does Julia call to see if she can arrange to find Sarah?
14. What message did Bertrand get when he returned home?
(a) Julia called to say that she was leaving for New York.
(b) Zoe called to say that her mother had left for a trip.
(c) Sarah called to see who was looking for her.
(d) The doctor called to say that Julia had decided against the abortion.
15. Who calls Julia to say that Mr. DuFaure would like to meet with her?
(b) Nathalie DuFaure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bertrand say he's going through?
2. Where is Sarah?
3. What do the DuFaures insist to the police?
4. What does Julia tell Bertrand about the baby?
5. What work did Sarah take in her new home?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)