|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Julia's interview like, with the person Mara Rainsferd put her in touch with?
(a) Awkward because of language differences.
(d) It keeps being postponed and ultimately never happened.
2. What does Julia consent to?
(a) Have an abortion.
(b) Meet with Sarah.
(c) Give up looking for Sarah.
(d) Not to publish her information about Sarah.
3. What does the narrator say is troubling Julia in addition to the story about Vel d'Hiv'?
(a) Her health.
(b) Her marriage.
(c) Her parents' health.
(d) Her pregnancy.
4. Where does Sirka hide when the police come?
(a) In a trunk.
(b) In a cabinet.
(c) In a chest of drawers.
(d) In a potato sack.
5. How do the DuFaures respond to what Sarah tells them?
(a) They say that it wasn't their crime, and they were powerless to prevent it.
(b) They say that the times are bad.
(c) They say that they did the best they could.
(d) They offer to take her themselves.
6. What does Julia learn about Sarah from this person?
(a) That Sarah was still living in Paris.
(b) That his father had sent the DuFaures money for Sarah.
(c) That Sarah had emigrated to the U.S.
(d) That Sarah had died.
7. Who is Mara Rainsferd?
(a) Mr. Rainsferd's daughter-in-law.
(b) Mr. Rainsferd's second wife.
(c) Mr. Rainsferd's niece.
(d) Mr. Rainsferd's daughter.
8. Where is Sarah?
(a) Sarah died in 1972 in a car wreck.
(b) Sarah is traveling to the Middle East.
(c) Sarah separated from her husband and moved back to France.
(d) Sarah divorced Mr. Rainsferd and lives in L.A.
9. Why are the DuFaures worried about Rachel?
(a) They are afraid that Rachel will die.
(b) They are afraid the doctor called the police.
(c) They are afraid that Rachel's sickness is infectious.
(d) They are afraid that the infection will spread.
10. What does Nathalie DuFaure tell Julia she found?
(a) Sarah's address.
(b) Sarah's birth certificate.
(c) Sarah's phone number.
(d) Sarah's wedding announcement.
11. When does this person at the nursing home meet Sarah?
(a) Ten years earlier.
(b) In Paris in 1946.
(d) As a young boy.
12. What does Julia tell Charla?
(a) That she is depressed.
(b) That she is having a baby.
(c) That she might have found Sarah.
(d) That she is having an abortion.
13. What does Bertrand propose to Julia?
(a) Moving out.
(d) An abortion.
14. How does Julia respond to Bamber's offer?
(a) She declines.
(b) She pours out pent-up emotion.
(c) She goes outside.
(d) She flees in tears.
15. What does the letter talk about?
(a) Sarah's parents.
(b) Sarah's heartache.
(c) Sarah's art.
(d) Sarah's charity work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Franck Lévy tell Julia Jaramond about Sarah?
2. What hits home for Julia Jaramond when she sees a photo of Sarah?
3. Who calls Julia to say that Mr. DuFaure would like to meet with her?
4. How does this trip make Julia feel?
5. What does Bertrand say he's going through?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)