|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gaspard DuFaure characterize Sarah?
(a) As happy.
(b) As depressed.
(c) As preternaturally insightful.
(d) As unhappy.
2. How does the narrator characterize the trip to Paris?
(a) The trip was uneventful.
(b) Sarah was recognized, but escaped in a chase.
(c) There were some close calls along the way.
(d) Sarah was sent back to the DuFaures, but they tried another route and got through.
3. What is Julia dismayed by during this next stop?
(a) That the memorial is so small.
(b) That so few people seem to know what happened here.
(c) That this is where the deportations took place.
(d) That there are now tourists paying money to be photographed in the ovens.
4. Who is Richard Rainsferd?
(a) Sarah's husband.
(b) Sarah's son.
(c) Sarah's pastor.
(d) Sarah's landlord.
5. What does Bertrand tell Julia about having a child?
(a) He doesn't think they have the time or money for one.
(b) He says that he's been having an affair.
(c) He wants one enormously.
(d) He can't handle it.
6. How did Jules and Geneviève react when they stopped hearing from Sarah?
(a) They were confident in her.
(b) They were relieved.
(c) They always thought she would show up again.
(d) They were heartbroken.
7. What does Julia attend at rue Nélaton?
(a) A memorial service.
(b) A film screening.
(c) A mock trial.
(d) A huge gathering of survivors and others.
8. Where does Julia go to meet the person Mara Rainsferd gave her contact info for?
(d) St. Petersburg.
9. Who is Gaspard DuFaure?
(a) Nephew of Jules and Geneviève.
(b) Son of Jules and Geneviève.
(c) Grandson of Jules and Geneviève.
(d) Executor of Jules and Geneviève's estate.
10. How does the letter describe Sarah's feelings about peace?
(a) It doesn't exist.
(b) It has a bitter taste.
(c) It is a fleeting sensation.
(d) It is an illusion.
11. What is Julia looking forward to doing?
(a) Reuniting with Bertrand.
(b) Divorcing Bertrand.
(c) Leaving Paris.
(d) Being free of the baby.
12. What is Julia's interview like, with the person Mara Rainsferd put her in touch with?
(b) Awkward because of language differences.
(c) It keeps being postponed and ultimately never happened.
13. What hits home for Julia Jaramond when she sees a photo of Sarah?
(a) Sarah is Zoe's age.
(b) Sarah looks like her.
(c) She recognized Sarah.
(d) Sarah looks like Zoe.
14. What did Julia receive from the person she met at the nursing home?
(a) A file on Sarah.
(b) Photos of Sarah.
(c) The key to the cubby where Sarah's brother died.
(d) Letters from Sarah to his father.
15. Who does Julia Jaramond tell Franck Lévy's information to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nathalie DuFaure tell Julia she found?
2. What does Julia consent to?
3. Who shows up at the nursing home when Julia was scheduled to visit?
4. When did Sarah stop corresponding with the DuFaures?
5. Who calls Julia to say that Mr. DuFaure would like to meet with her?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)