|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does this information about Sarah inspire in Julia?
(a) A desire to get away from France.
(b) A desire to go to sleep.
(c) A desire to perform violent acts.
(d) A desire to find Sarah.
2. Where does Julia go to meet the person Mara Rainsferd gave her contact info for?
(b) St. Petersburg.
3. What do the DuFaures try to do when the police come?
(a) Prevent them taking Rachel.
(b) Tell the police where other Jews are hiding.
(c) Get information from the police about the war.
(d) Find out whether they will be taken as well.
4. In what decision does Julia change her mind?
(a) Leaving Paris.
(b) Looking for Sarah.
(c) Having an abortion.
(d) Publishing her story about Sarah.
5. Gaspard gives Julia a letter--who was it written to?
6. What message did Bertrand get when he returned home?
(a) Julia called to say that she was leaving for New York.
(b) Zoe called to say that her mother had left for a trip.
(c) Sarah called to see who was looking for her.
(d) The doctor called to say that Julia had decided against the abortion.
7. What was Rachel too weak for?
(a) To open her eyes.
(b) To be carried downstairs.
(c) To eat.
(d) To speak.
8. How did Jules and Geneviève react when they stopped hearing from Sarah?
(a) They were relieved.
(b) They were confident in her.
(c) They always thought she would show up again.
(d) They were heartbroken.
9. Who does Julia call to see if she can arrange to find Sarah?
10. When did Sarah leave France?
11. Who is Mara Rainsferd?
(a) Mr. Rainsferd's second wife.
(b) Mr. Rainsferd's daughter.
(c) Mr. Rainsferd's niece.
(d) Mr. Rainsferd's daughter-in-law.
12. How does the letter describe Sarah's feelings about peace?
(a) It is a fleeting sensation.
(b) It is an illusion.
(c) It has a bitter taste.
(d) It doesn't exist.
13. Where does Charla locate Mr. and Mrs. R. J. Rainsferd?
14. Who does Julia meet at the Rainsferd house?
(a) The Rainsferd's nanny.
(b) Mrs. Rainsferd.
(c) The Rainsferd's daughter.
(d) Mr. Rainsferd.
15. What does the narrator say about children surviving the deportations and camps?
(a) Some survived, but not many.
(b) There were camps of runaway children surviving in the forests.
(c) Almost all children were captured and sent to camps.
(d) They typically only survived until late autumn, if they ran away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Julia take this person's arrival at the nursing home?
2. What does Julia tell Charla?
3. Where did Bertrand come home from?
4. What does Julia ask Franck Lévy about Sarah?
5. What does Sirka/Sarah tell the DuFaures after Rachel was taken?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)