|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does this information about Sarah inspire in Julia?
(a) A desire to perform violent acts.
(b) A desire to get away from France.
(c) A desire to go to sleep.
(d) A desire to find Sarah.
2. Who is Mara Rainsferd?
(a) Mr. Rainsferd's niece.
(b) Mr. Rainsferd's second wife.
(c) Mr. Rainsferd's daughter-in-law.
(d) Mr. Rainsferd's daughter.
3. Gaspard gives Julia a letter--who was it written to?
4. What is Julia looking forward to doing?
(a) Divorcing Bertrand.
(b) Leaving Paris.
(c) Being free of the baby.
(d) Reuniting with Bertrand.
5. What is Julia's interview like, with the person Mara Rainsferd put her in touch with?
(a) Awkward because of language differences.
(d) It keeps being postponed and ultimately never happened.
6. What is Julia dismayed by during this next stop?
(a) That there are now tourists paying money to be photographed in the ovens.
(b) That so few people seem to know what happened here.
(c) That the memorial is so small.
(d) That this is where the deportations took place.
7. How does the letter describe Sarah's feelings about peace?
(a) It is a fleeting sensation.
(b) It doesn't exist.
(c) It has a bitter taste.
(d) It is an illusion.
8. Who is Richard Rainsferd?
(a) Sarah's husband.
(b) Sarah's pastor.
(c) Sarah's son.
(d) Sarah's landlord.
9. What does Franck Lévy tell Julia Jaramond about Sarah?
(a) That she died.
(b) That there is no information about her.
(c) That he has her address.
(d) That he heard from her recently.
10. What does Julia consent to?
(a) Meet with Sarah.
(b) Not to publish her information about Sarah.
(c) Give up looking for Sarah.
(d) Have an abortion.
11. When does this person at the nursing home meet Sarah?
(a) In Paris in 1946.
(b) Ten years earlier.
(d) As a young boy.
12. Who does Mara Rainsferd give Julia contact info for?
(a) Sarah's rabbi.
(b) Sarah's daughter.
(c) Sarah's son.
(d) Sarah's closest friend.
13. Where does Sirka hide when the police come?
(a) In a chest of drawers.
(b) In a trunk.
(c) In a cabinet.
(d) In a potato sack.
14. What does Bertrand propose to Julia?
(b) An abortion.
(c) Moving out.
15. What does Bamber notice about Julia?
(a) That something is wrong.
(b) That she looks faint.
(c) That she hasn't been touched by the site at all.
(d) That she seems to be ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nathalie DuFaure tell Julia she found?
2. What does Sarah find when she gets back to her apartment?
3. What work did Sarah take in her new home?
4. What does the narrator say about children surviving the deportations and camps?
5. What does Bertrand say he's going through?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)