|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bertrand say he's going through?
(b) Growing pains.
(c) A painful transition.
(d) A mid-life crisis.
2. What do Julia and Guillaume find at their destination?
(a) The camp is now low-income housing.
(b) A memorial for deported Jews.
(c) Ruins of the former camp.
(d) A national park at the camp.
3. Who shows up at the nursing home when Julia was scheduled to visit?
(b) The DuFaures.
(c) Arthur Tézac.
4. Who calls Julia to say that Mr. DuFaure would like to meet with her?
(a) Nathalie DuFaure.
5. What does the narrator say is troubling Julia in addition to the story about Vel d'Hiv'?
(a) Her health.
(b) Her parents' health.
(c) Her pregnancy.
(d) Her marriage.
6. When does this person at the nursing home meet Sarah?
(b) As a young boy.
(c) In Paris in 1946.
(d) Ten years earlier.
7. Who does Julia meet at the Rainsferd house?
(a) The Rainsferd's daughter.
(b) The Rainsferd's nanny.
(c) Mrs. Rainsferd.
(d) Mr. Rainsferd.
8. What does Franck Lévy tell Julia Jaramond about the family at 26 rue de Saintonge in July 1942?
(a) That his information is not for publication.
(b) That he does not know who was there.
(c) That he is still haunted by the people's cries.
(d) That his memory is bad.
9. What does this information about Sarah inspire in Julia?
(a) A desire to go to sleep.
(b) A desire to get away from France.
(c) A desire to find Sarah.
(d) A desire to perform violent acts.
10. What hits home for Julia Jaramond when she sees a photo of Sarah?
(a) Sarah looks like Zoe.
(b) Sarah looks like her.
(c) Sarah is Zoe's age.
(d) She recognized Sarah.
11. What does Julia tell Bertrand about the baby?
(a) A baby is a blessing, and they should consider themselves lucky.
(b) The baby will bring them closer together.
(c) A baby was a surprise, but it can be just the thing they need.
(d) If he can't have a baby with her, the marriage is over.
12. How does the letter describe Sarah's feelings about peace?
(a) It is an illusion.
(b) It is a fleeting sensation.
(c) It has a bitter taste.
(d) It doesn't exist.
13. What did Julia receive from the person she met at the nursing home?
(a) Letters from Sarah to his father.
(b) Photos of Sarah.
(c) The key to the cubby where Sarah's brother died.
(d) A file on Sarah.
14. What does Julia attend at rue Nélaton?
(a) A film screening.
(b) A memorial service.
(c) A mock trial.
(d) A huge gathering of survivors and others.
15. Where did Bertrand come home from?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mara Rainsferd?
2. What does Bertrand propose to Julia?
3. Gaspard gives Julia a letter--who was it written to?
4. How does this trip make Julia feel?
5. Who does Mara Rainsferd give Julia contact info for?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)