|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Julia's interview like, with the person Mara Rainsferd put her in touch with?
(a) Awkward because of language differences.
(c) It keeps being postponed and ultimately never happened.
2. How does Mrs. DuFaure distract the policemen who are searching the basement?
(a) She chats them up.
(b) She falls and claims to have injured her ankle.
(c) She weeps and makes a scene.
(d) She offers food and drink.
3. What does Julia attend at rue Nélaton?
(a) A film screening.
(b) A memorial service.
(c) A mock trial.
(d) A huge gathering of survivors and others.
4. What does Nathalie DuFaure tell Julia she found?
(a) Sarah's phone number.
(b) Sarah's address.
(c) Sarah's birth certificate.
(d) Sarah's wedding announcement.
5. What does Bamber offer Julia?
(a) Time to talk.
(d) A shoulder to cry on.
6. How does this trip make Julia feel?
(a) Alive to injustice.
(b) Run down and exhausted.
(c) Deeply sad but energized to find the truth.
(d) Indignant at all the people who stayed silent and let this happen.
7. When does this person at the nursing home meet Sarah?
(a) In Paris in 1946.
(b) As a young boy.
(d) Ten years earlier.
8. How do the DuFaures respond to what Sarah tells them?
(a) They say that the times are bad.
(b) They say that it wasn't their crime, and they were powerless to prevent it.
(c) They offer to take her themselves.
(d) They say that they did the best they could.
9. Gaspard gives Julia a letter--who was it written to?
10. How does the letter describe Sarah's feelings about peace?
(a) It is an illusion.
(b) It is a fleeting sensation.
(c) It has a bitter taste.
(d) It doesn't exist.
11. Where does Sirka hide when the police come?
(a) In a trunk.
(b) In a chest of drawers.
(c) In a cabinet.
(d) In a potato sack.
12. Who is Gaspard DuFaure?
(a) Grandson of Jules and Geneviève.
(b) Executor of Jules and Geneviève's estate.
(c) Nephew of Jules and Geneviève.
(d) Son of Jules and Geneviève.
13. Where did Sarah go?
(c) The U.S.
14. What is Julia dismayed by during this next stop?
(a) That this is where the deportations took place.
(b) That so few people seem to know what happened here.
(c) That the memorial is so small.
(d) That there are now tourists paying money to be photographed in the ovens.
15. Who is Richard Rainsferd?
(a) Sarah's pastor.
(b) Sarah's landlord.
(c) Sarah's son.
(d) Sarah's husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Julia and Guillaume make a trip to?
2. Who is Mara Rainsferd?
3. What do the DuFaures try to do when the police come?
4. What does Julia consent to?
5. What does Bertrand say he's going through?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)