|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does this information about Sarah inspire in Julia?
(a) A desire to go to sleep.
(b) A desire to get away from France.
(c) A desire to find Sarah.
(d) A desire to perform violent acts.
2. What does Bertrand tell Julia about having a child?
(a) He can't handle it.
(b) He doesn't think they have the time or money for one.
(c) He wants one enormously.
(d) He says that he's been having an affair.
3. What does Franck Lévy tell Julia Jaramond about the family at 26 rue de Saintonge in July 1942?
(a) That he is still haunted by the people's cries.
(b) That he does not know who was there.
(c) That his memory is bad.
(d) That his information is not for publication.
4. What does the letter talk about?
(a) Sarah's art.
(b) Sarah's parents.
(c) Sarah's charity work.
(d) Sarah's heartache.
5. What does Julia consent to?
(a) Give up looking for Sarah.
(b) Meet with Sarah.
(c) Not to publish her information about Sarah.
(d) Have an abortion.
6. How old was Sarah when the DuFaures lost track of her?
7. When did Gaspard DuFaure find out that Sarah was a Jewish refugee?
(a) Years ago.
(b) As a child.
(c) Forty years later.
(d) As soon as he heard about her.
8. What does Franck Lévy tell Julia Jaramond about Sarah?
(a) That there is no information about her.
(b) That he has her address.
(c) That he heard from her recently.
(d) That she died.
9. What does Sirka/Sarah tell the DuFaures after Rachel was taken?
(a) That she will avenge Rachel's arrest.
(b) That she is going to Paris.
(c) That they did the best they could.
(d) That they are bad people.
10. What does Bertrand say he's going through?
(b) A painful transition.
(c) A mid-life crisis.
(d) Growing pains.
11. What does Julia ask Franck Lévy about Sarah?
(a) What he has heard from her.
(b) When she died.
(c) Where she is now.
(d) Whether she could have survived.
12. Where do Julia and Guillaume make a trip to?
(b) Vel d'Hiv'.
13. Who is Richard Rainsferd?
(a) Sarah's pastor.
(b) Sarah's son.
(c) Sarah's landlord.
(d) Sarah's husband.
14. How do the DuFaures respond to what Sarah tells them?
(a) They offer to take her themselves.
(b) They say that the times are bad.
(c) They say that they did the best they could.
(d) They say that it wasn't their crime, and they were powerless to prevent it.
15. What does Julia tell Charla?
(a) That she is having a baby.
(b) That she is having an abortion.
(c) That she might have found Sarah.
(d) That she is depressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize the trip to Paris?
2. Where did Sarah go?
3. What does Julia attend at rue Nélaton?
4. What was Rachel too weak for?
5. Who does Mara Rainsferd give Julia contact info for?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)