|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Julia travel to, in her search for Sarah?
(b) New York.
2. What does the narrator say about children surviving the deportations and camps?
(a) Almost all children were captured and sent to camps.
(b) They typically only survived until late autumn, if they ran away.
(c) There were camps of runaway children surviving in the forests.
(d) Some survived, but not many.
3. What does Julia consent to?
(a) Give up looking for Sarah.
(b) Not to publish her information about Sarah.
(c) Meet with Sarah.
(d) Have an abortion.
4. What is Julia's interview like, with the person Mara Rainsferd put her in touch with?
(b) It keeps being postponed and ultimately never happened.
(d) Awkward because of language differences.
5. What does Gaspard DuFaure ask Julia?
(a) How she heard about Sarah's story in the first place.
(b) Whether she's going to have her baby.
(c) Why she wants to find Sarah.
(d) Whether she is a happy woman.
6. Who does Julia meet at the Rainsferd house?
(a) The Rainsferd's daughter.
(b) Mrs. Rainsferd.
(c) Mr. Rainsferd.
(d) The Rainsferd's nanny.
7. Who are the Starzynskis?
(a) Sarah's cousins.
(b) Sarah's grandparents.
(c) Sarah's neighbors.
(d) Sarah's family.
8. Where do Julia and Guillaume make a trip to?
(c) Vel d'Hiv'.
9. What does Julia tell Bertrand about the baby?
(a) If he can't have a baby with her, the marriage is over.
(b) A baby is a blessing, and they should consider themselves lucky.
(c) The baby will bring them closer together.
(d) A baby was a surprise, but it can be just the thing they need.
10. What does Bertrand say he's going through?
(b) A mid-life crisis.
(c) A painful transition.
(d) Growing pains.
11. Who does Mara Rainsferd give Julia contact info for?
(a) Sarah's rabbi.
(b) Sarah's son.
(c) Sarah's closest friend.
(d) Sarah's daughter.
12. In what decision does Julia change her mind?
(a) Looking for Sarah.
(b) Publishing her story about Sarah.
(c) Having an abortion.
(d) Leaving Paris.
13. What did Julia receive from the person she met at the nursing home?
(a) A file on Sarah.
(b) Photos of Sarah.
(c) Letters from Sarah to his father.
(d) The key to the cubby where Sarah's brother died.
14. What is Julia dismayed by during this next stop?
(a) That so few people seem to know what happened here.
(b) That the memorial is so small.
(c) That this is where the deportations took place.
(d) That there are now tourists paying money to be photographed in the ovens.
15. Who calls Julia to say that Mr. DuFaure would like to meet with her?
(d) Nathalie DuFaure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Charla's relation to Bertrand?
2. What hits home for Julia Jaramond when she sees a photo of Sarah?
3. How does Gaspard DuFaure characterize Sarah?
4. Where do Julia and Bamber travel next?
5. When does this person at the nursing home meet Sarah?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)