|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gaspard DuFaure characterize Sarah?
(a) As happy.
(b) As depressed.
(c) As unhappy.
(d) As preternaturally insightful.
2. What does Sarah find when she gets back to her apartment?
(a) Her brother's body.
(b) People in the apartment won't let her in.
(c) The building is gone.
(d) The cubby is empty.
3. Where do Julia and Guillaume make a trip to?
(a) Vel d'Hiv'.
4. Where is Sarah?
(a) Sarah divorced Mr. Rainsferd and lives in L.A.
(b) Sarah is traveling to the Middle East.
(c) Sarah died in 1972 in a car wreck.
(d) Sarah separated from her husband and moved back to France.
5. What does Julia consent to?
(a) Have an abortion.
(b) Meet with Sarah.
(c) Give up looking for Sarah.
(d) Not to publish her information about Sarah.
6. What is Julia dismayed by during this next stop?
(a) That the memorial is so small.
(b) That so few people seem to know what happened here.
(c) That this is where the deportations took place.
(d) That there are now tourists paying money to be photographed in the ovens.
7. What does the curator at the Memorial Museum tell Julia?
(a) That there's no escaping the shadow of what happened there.
(b) That most people don't care what happened there.
(c) That interest in the history comes and goes in waves.
(d) That this is the center of attempts to memorialize the war and the deportations.
8. What does Bertrand propose to Julia?
(b) Moving out.
(c) An abortion.
9. Who does Mara Rainsferd give Julia contact info for?
(a) Sarah's son.
(b) Sarah's closest friend.
(c) Sarah's rabbi.
(d) Sarah's daughter.
10. What does Nathalie DuFaure tell Julia she found?
(a) Sarah's wedding announcement.
(b) Sarah's address.
(c) Sarah's phone number.
(d) Sarah's birth certificate.
11. How does Mrs. DuFaure distract the policemen who are searching the basement?
(a) She falls and claims to have injured her ankle.
(b) She chats them up.
(c) She offers food and drink.
(d) She weeps and makes a scene.
12. What does Franck Lévy tell Julia Jaramond about Sarah?
(a) That she died.
(b) That he has her address.
(c) That there is no information about her.
(d) That he heard from her recently.
13. What is Charla's relation to Bertrand?
14. Where does Julia go to meet the person Mara Rainsferd gave her contact info for?
(a) St. Petersburg.
15. What does Julia learn about Sarah from this person?
(a) That his father had sent the DuFaures money for Sarah.
(b) That Sarah was still living in Paris.
(c) That Sarah had died.
(d) That Sarah had emigrated to the U.S.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Bertrand come home from?
2. What does Bamber notice about Julia?
3. What does Bertrand say he's going through?
4. How does the letter describe Sarah's feelings about peace?
5. Who shows up at the nursing home when Julia was scheduled to visit?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)