|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the DuFaures respond to what Sarah tells them?
(a) They say that they did the best they could.
(b) They say that the times are bad.
(c) They offer to take her themselves.
(d) They say that it wasn't their crime, and they were powerless to prevent it.
2. What does the narrator say about the awareness of the history Julia goes looking for?
(a) People who know it don't talk about it.
(b) No one remembers it any more.
(c) Times have changed too much for it to be important any longer.
(d) There are other places for remembering that history.
3. What does Julia tell Charla?
(a) That she might have found Sarah.
(b) That she is having an abortion.
(c) That she is depressed.
(d) That she is having a baby.
4. Who does Julia Jaramond tell Franck Lévy's information to?
5. In what decision does Julia change her mind?
(a) Leaving Paris.
(b) Looking for Sarah.
(c) Publishing her story about Sarah.
(d) Having an abortion.
6. What work did Sarah take in her new home?
(c) Social worker.
7. How does Julia take this person's arrival at the nursing home?
(a) As a sign of aggression.
(b) As an opportunity to get new information.
(c) As a sign of contrition.
(d) As a bad sign.
8. What does the letter talk about?
(a) Sarah's heartache.
(b) Sarah's parents.
(c) Sarah's charity work.
(d) Sarah's art.
9. Who does Julia meet at the Rainsferd house?
(a) The Rainsferd's daughter.
(b) Mr. Rainsferd.
(c) Mrs. Rainsferd.
(d) The Rainsferd's nanny.
10. What does Nathalie DuFaure tell Julia she found?
(a) Sarah's phone number.
(b) Sarah's wedding announcement.
(c) Sarah's address.
(d) Sarah's birth certificate.
11. What does Bamber notice about Julia?
(a) That something is wrong.
(b) That she seems to be ill.
(c) That she hasn't been touched by the site at all.
(d) That she looks faint.
12. What does Bertrand propose to Julia?
(a) Moving out.
(c) An abortion.
13. What does the curator at the Memorial Museum tell Julia?
(a) That this is the center of attempts to memorialize the war and the deportations.
(b) That most people don't care what happened there.
(c) That interest in the history comes and goes in waves.
(d) That there's no escaping the shadow of what happened there.
14. Who is Richard Rainsferd?
(a) Sarah's landlord.
(b) Sarah's husband.
(c) Sarah's pastor.
(d) Sarah's son.
15. What does Franck Lévy tell Julia Jaramond about the family at 26 rue de Saintonge in July 1942?
(a) That his memory is bad.
(b) That he is still haunted by the people's cries.
(c) That his information is not for publication.
(d) That he does not know who was there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julia learn about Sarah from this person?
2. Who shows up at the nursing home when Julia was scheduled to visit?
3. Who calls Julia to say that Mr. DuFaure would like to meet with her?
4. How did Jules and Geneviève react when they stopped hearing from Sarah?
5. What does Sarah find when she gets back to her apartment?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)