|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the DuFaures insist to the police?
(a) That they were not hiding Rachel.
(b) That Rachel needed medical attention.
(c) That Rachel hadn't done anything wrong.
(d) That Jews deserved doctors as well as everyone else.
2. Where does Julia travel to, in her search for Sarah?
(b) New York.
3. Gaspard gives Julia a letter--who was it written to?
4. What does the narrator say about children surviving the deportations and camps?
(a) They typically only survived until late autumn, if they ran away.
(b) Almost all children were captured and sent to camps.
(c) Some survived, but not many.
(d) There were camps of runaway children surviving in the forests.
5. Where is Sarah?
(a) Sarah died in 1972 in a car wreck.
(b) Sarah divorced Mr. Rainsferd and lives in L.A.
(c) Sarah separated from her husband and moved back to France.
(d) Sarah is traveling to the Middle East.
6. What does Julia learn about Sarah from this person?
(a) That Sarah had died.
(b) That Sarah was still living in Paris.
(c) That his father had sent the DuFaures money for Sarah.
(d) That Sarah had emigrated to the U.S.
7. What does Bertrand tell Julia about having a child?
(a) He can't handle it.
(b) He says that he's been having an affair.
(c) He wants one enormously.
(d) He doesn't think they have the time or money for one.
8. What does Gaspard DuFaure ask Julia?
(a) Why she wants to find Sarah.
(b) Whether she's going to have her baby.
(c) Whether she is a happy woman.
(d) How she heard about Sarah's story in the first place.
9. What does Julia attend at rue Nélaton?
(a) A memorial service.
(b) A mock trial.
(c) A huge gathering of survivors and others.
(d) A film screening.
10. Where do Julia and Guillaume make a trip to?
(b) Vel d'Hiv'.
11. Where does Julia go to meet the person Mara Rainsferd gave her contact info for?
(d) St. Petersburg.
12. What is Julia's interview like, with the person Mara Rainsferd put her in touch with?
(c) It keeps being postponed and ultimately never happened.
(d) Awkward because of language differences.
13. What does Franck Lévy tell Julia Jaramond about Sarah?
(a) That he has her address.
(b) That she died.
(c) That there is no information about her.
(d) That he heard from her recently.
14. What is Julia dismayed by during this next stop?
(a) That this is where the deportations took place.
(b) That so few people seem to know what happened here.
(c) That the memorial is so small.
(d) That there are now tourists paying money to be photographed in the ovens.
15. What does Bertrand propose to Julia?
(c) Moving out.
(d) An abortion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the curator at the Memorial Museum tell Julia?
2. When did Sarah stop corresponding with the DuFaures?
3. What hits home for Julia Jaramond when she sees a photo of Sarah?
4. How old was Sarah when the DuFaures lost track of her?
5. What does Bamber offer Julia?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)