|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What message did Bertrand get when he returned home?
(a) Zoe called to say that her mother had left for a trip.
(b) Sarah called to see who was looking for her.
(c) The doctor called to say that Julia had decided against the abortion.
(d) Julia called to say that she was leaving for New York.
2. Where do Julia and Bamber travel next?
(b) Vel d'Hiv'.
3. What does Gaspard DuFaure ask Julia?
(a) Whether she is a happy woman.
(b) How she heard about Sarah's story in the first place.
(c) Whether she's going to have her baby.
(d) Why she wants to find Sarah.
4. What does the narrator say about children surviving the deportations and camps?
(a) Almost all children were captured and sent to camps.
(b) They typically only survived until late autumn, if they ran away.
(c) There were camps of runaway children surviving in the forests.
(d) Some survived, but not many.
5. Where does Charla locate Mr. and Mrs. R. J. Rainsferd?
6. What does Julia ask Franck Lévy about Sarah?
(a) What he has heard from her.
(b) Where she is now.
(c) When she died.
(d) Whether she could have survived.
7. How does this trip make Julia feel?
(a) Run down and exhausted.
(b) Indignant at all the people who stayed silent and let this happen.
(c) Deeply sad but energized to find the truth.
(d) Alive to injustice.
8. Who does Julia call to see if she can arrange to find Sarah?
9. Why are the DuFaures worried about Rachel?
(a) They are afraid the doctor called the police.
(b) They are afraid that the infection will spread.
(c) They are afraid that Rachel will die.
(d) They are afraid that Rachel's sickness is infectious.
10. What did Julia receive from the person she met at the nursing home?
(a) The key to the cubby where Sarah's brother died.
(b) Photos of Sarah.
(c) Letters from Sarah to his father.
(d) A file on Sarah.
11. What does Julia tell Bertrand about the baby?
(a) A baby is a blessing, and they should consider themselves lucky.
(b) The baby will bring them closer together.
(c) If he can't have a baby with her, the marriage is over.
(d) A baby was a surprise, but it can be just the thing they need.
12. What does Julia consent to?
(a) Not to publish her information about Sarah.
(b) Have an abortion.
(c) Meet with Sarah.
(d) Give up looking for Sarah.
13. Where is Sarah?
(a) Sarah separated from her husband and moved back to France.
(b) Sarah died in 1972 in a car wreck.
(c) Sarah is traveling to the Middle East.
(d) Sarah divorced Mr. Rainsferd and lives in L.A.
14. What does the narrator say about the awareness of the history Julia goes looking for?
(a) People who know it don't talk about it.
(b) Times have changed too much for it to be important any longer.
(c) There are other places for remembering that history.
(d) No one remembers it any more.
15. Who shows up at the nursing home when Julia was scheduled to visit?
(a) Arthur Tézac.
(c) The DuFaures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bertrand tell Julia about having a child?
2. Where does Julia travel to, in her search for Sarah?
3. What does the narrator say is troubling Julia in addition to the story about Vel d'Hiv'?
4. How does Mrs. DuFaure distract the policemen who are searching the basement?
5. What does Bamber offer Julia?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)