|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the DuFaures try to do when the police come?
(a) Get information from the police about the war.
(b) Prevent them taking Rachel.
(c) Tell the police where other Jews are hiding.
(d) Find out whether they will be taken as well.
2. What does Julia tell Charla?
(a) That she is depressed.
(b) That she is having an abortion.
(c) That she might have found Sarah.
(d) That she is having a baby.
3. What does Bamber offer Julia?
(c) A shoulder to cry on.
(d) Time to talk.
4. How does Julia take this person's arrival at the nursing home?
(a) As a sign of contrition.
(b) As an opportunity to get new information.
(c) As a sign of aggression.
(d) As a bad sign.
5. Who does Mara Rainsferd give Julia contact info for?
(a) Sarah's daughter.
(b) Sarah's son.
(c) Sarah's closest friend.
(d) Sarah's rabbi.
6. How does this trip make Julia feel?
(a) Indignant at all the people who stayed silent and let this happen.
(b) Deeply sad but energized to find the truth.
(c) Alive to injustice.
(d) Run down and exhausted.
7. Where does Julia go to meet the person Mara Rainsferd gave her contact info for?
(d) St. Petersburg.
8. What does Sarah find when she gets back to her apartment?
(a) The cubby is empty.
(b) Her brother's body.
(c) The building is gone.
(d) People in the apartment won't let her in.
9. Who does Julia meet at the Rainsferd house?
(a) Mrs. Rainsferd.
(b) The Rainsferd's daughter.
(c) The Rainsferd's nanny.
(d) Mr. Rainsferd.
10. What does Julia learn about Sarah from this person?
(a) That Sarah was still living in Paris.
(b) That Sarah had emigrated to the U.S.
(c) That Sarah had died.
(d) That his father had sent the DuFaures money for Sarah.
11. How does Julia respond to Bamber's offer?
(a) She flees in tears.
(b) She declines.
(c) She pours out pent-up emotion.
(d) She goes outside.
12. What does Julia ask Franck Lévy about Sarah?
(a) What he has heard from her.
(b) Where she is now.
(c) When she died.
(d) Whether she could have survived.
13. What is Julia looking forward to doing?
(a) Reuniting with Bertrand.
(b) Being free of the baby.
(c) Divorcing Bertrand.
(d) Leaving Paris.
14. How do the DuFaures respond to what Sarah tells them?
(a) They offer to take her themselves.
(b) They say that they did the best they could.
(c) They say that it wasn't their crime, and they were powerless to prevent it.
(d) They say that the times are bad.
15. In what decision does Julia change her mind?
(a) Looking for Sarah.
(b) Leaving Paris.
(c) Having an abortion.
(d) Publishing her story about Sarah.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the Starzynskis?
2. How did Jules and Geneviève react when they stopped hearing from Sarah?
3. What does the narrator say about children surviving the deportations and camps?
4. What does Bertrand say he's going through?
5. How old was Sarah when the DuFaures lost track of her?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)