Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what decision does Julia change her mind?
(a) Publishing her story about Sarah.
(b) Having an abortion.
(c) Leaving Paris.
(d) Looking for Sarah.
2. How does Mrs. DuFaure distract the policemen who are searching the basement?
(a) She offers food and drink.
(b) She falls and claims to have injured her ankle.
(c) She weeps and makes a scene.
(d) She chats them up.
3. What do Julia and Guillaume find at their destination?
(a) Ruins of the former camp.
(b) A memorial for deported Jews.
(c) The camp is now low-income housing.
(d) A national park at the camp.
4. What does Julia learn about Sarah from this person?
(a) That his father had sent the DuFaures money for Sarah.
(b) That Sarah had emigrated to the U.S.
(c) That Sarah was still living in Paris.
(d) That Sarah had died.
5. When did Sarah stop corresponding with the DuFaures?
6. How did Jules and Geneviève react when they stopped hearing from Sarah?
(a) They always thought she would show up again.
(b) They were relieved.
(c) They were heartbroken.
(d) They were confident in her.
7. Who calls Julia to say that Mr. DuFaure would like to meet with her?
(c) Nathalie DuFaure.
8. How does Gaspard DuFaure characterize Sarah?
(a) As unhappy.
(b) As depressed.
(c) As happy.
(d) As preternaturally insightful.
9. Where is Sarah?
(a) Sarah separated from her husband and moved back to France.
(b) Sarah divorced Mr. Rainsferd and lives in L.A.
(c) Sarah is traveling to the Middle East.
(d) Sarah died in 1972 in a car wreck.
10. How does the narrator characterize the trip to Paris?
(a) There were some close calls along the way.
(b) Sarah was sent back to the DuFaures, but they tried another route and got through.
(c) The trip was uneventful.
(d) Sarah was recognized, but escaped in a chase.
11. Who is Richard Rainsferd?
(a) Sarah's landlord.
(b) Sarah's son.
(c) Sarah's pastor.
(d) Sarah's husband.
12. What does the narrator say about children surviving the deportations and camps?
(a) Some survived, but not many.
(b) There were camps of runaway children surviving in the forests.
(c) They typically only survived until late autumn, if they ran away.
(d) Almost all children were captured and sent to camps.
13. Where does Sirka hide when the police come?
(a) In a potato sack.
(b) In a chest of drawers.
(c) In a trunk.
(d) In a cabinet.
14. What does Franck Lévy tell Julia Jaramond about the family at 26 rue de Saintonge in July 1942?
(a) That he is still haunted by the people's cries.
(b) That his memory is bad.
(c) That he does not know who was there.
(d) That his information is not for publication.
15. What does this information about Sarah inspire in Julia?
(a) A desire to find Sarah.
(b) A desire to go to sleep.
(c) A desire to perform violent acts.
(d) A desire to get away from France.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Charla's relation to Bertrand?
2. How do the DuFaures respond to what Sarah tells them?
3. Who does Julia meet at the Rainsferd house?
4. What does Bertrand propose to Julia?
5. What does Bamber offer Julia?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)