|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julia ask Franck Lévy about Sarah?
(a) Whether she could have survived.
(b) Where she is now.
(c) What he has heard from her.
(d) When she died.
2. Where is Sarah?
(a) Sarah divorced Mr. Rainsferd and lives in L.A.
(b) Sarah died in 1972 in a car wreck.
(c) Sarah separated from her husband and moved back to France.
(d) Sarah is traveling to the Middle East.
3. Who shows up at the nursing home when Julia was scheduled to visit?
(a) Arthur Tézac.
(b) The DuFaures.
4. Gaspard gives Julia a letter--who was it written to?
5. Where does Sirka hide when the police come?
(a) In a trunk.
(b) In a chest of drawers.
(c) In a potato sack.
(d) In a cabinet.
6. What does Nathalie DuFaure tell Julia she found?
(a) Sarah's birth certificate.
(b) Sarah's phone number.
(c) Sarah's address.
(d) Sarah's wedding announcement.
7. Who is Gaspard DuFaure?
(a) Nephew of Jules and Geneviève.
(b) Grandson of Jules and Geneviève.
(c) Executor of Jules and Geneviève's estate.
(d) Son of Jules and Geneviève.
8. How does Gaspard DuFaure characterize Sarah?
(a) As unhappy.
(b) As preternaturally insightful.
(c) As depressed.
(d) As happy.
9. What does Franck Lévy tell Julia Jaramond about Sarah?
(a) That there is no information about her.
(b) That he heard from her recently.
(c) That he has her address.
(d) That she died.
10. What does the letter talk about?
(a) Sarah's heartache.
(b) Sarah's art.
(c) Sarah's charity work.
(d) Sarah's parents.
11. What does Franck Lévy tell Julia Jaramond about the family at 26 rue de Saintonge in July 1942?
(a) That his memory is bad.
(b) That he does not know who was there.
(c) That he is still haunted by the people's cries.
(d) That his information is not for publication.
12. How does Mrs. DuFaure distract the policemen who are searching the basement?
(a) She falls and claims to have injured her ankle.
(b) She weeps and makes a scene.
(c) She chats them up.
(d) She offers food and drink.
13. What does the curator at the Memorial Museum tell Julia?
(a) That most people don't care what happened there.
(b) That interest in the history comes and goes in waves.
(c) That this is the center of attempts to memorialize the war and the deportations.
(d) That there's no escaping the shadow of what happened there.
14. What does Bertrand propose to Julia?
(a) An abortion.
(b) Moving out.
15. How does the letter describe Sarah's feelings about peace?
(a) It doesn't exist.
(b) It is a fleeting sensation.
(c) It has a bitter taste.
(d) It is an illusion.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Gaspard DuFaure find out that Sarah was a Jewish refugee?
2. What is Julia looking forward to doing?
3. In what decision does Julia change her mind?
4. What does Julia learn about Sarah from this person?
5. What does this information about Sarah inspire in Julia?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)