|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Julia looking forward to doing?
(a) Being free of the baby.
(b) Divorcing Bertrand.
(c) Leaving Paris.
(d) Reuniting with Bertrand.
2. What does the curator at the Memorial Museum tell Julia?
(a) That there's no escaping the shadow of what happened there.
(b) That most people don't care what happened there.
(c) That this is the center of attempts to memorialize the war and the deportations.
(d) That interest in the history comes and goes in waves.
3. Who does Julia meet at the Rainsferd house?
(a) The Rainsferd's daughter.
(b) The Rainsferd's nanny.
(c) Mr. Rainsferd.
(d) Mrs. Rainsferd.
4. What message did Bertrand get when he returned home?
(a) Zoe called to say that her mother had left for a trip.
(b) Sarah called to see who was looking for her.
(c) The doctor called to say that Julia had decided against the abortion.
(d) Julia called to say that she was leaving for New York.
5. Why are the DuFaures worried about Rachel?
(a) They are afraid that Rachel's sickness is infectious.
(b) They are afraid that the infection will spread.
(c) They are afraid the doctor called the police.
(d) They are afraid that Rachel will die.
6. Where does Julia go to meet the person Mara Rainsferd gave her contact info for?
(a) St. Petersburg.
7. Where does Julia travel to, in her search for Sarah?
(a) New York.
8. What does Sarah find when she gets back to her apartment?
(a) People in the apartment won't let her in.
(b) The building is gone.
(c) Her brother's body.
(d) The cubby is empty.
9. Who is Gaspard DuFaure?
(a) Grandson of Jules and Geneviève.
(b) Executor of Jules and Geneviève's estate.
(c) Nephew of Jules and Geneviève.
(d) Son of Jules and Geneviève.
10. What does the narrator say about the awareness of the history Julia goes looking for?
(a) Times have changed too much for it to be important any longer.
(b) No one remembers it any more.
(c) There are other places for remembering that history.
(d) People who know it don't talk about it.
11. Who shows up at the nursing home when Julia was scheduled to visit?
(a) The DuFaures.
(d) Arthur Tézac.
12. Who does Julia Jaramond tell Franck Lévy's information to?
13. Who does Mara Rainsferd give Julia contact info for?
(a) Sarah's daughter.
(b) Sarah's son.
(c) Sarah's rabbi.
(d) Sarah's closest friend.
14. In what decision does Julia change her mind?
(a) Publishing her story about Sarah.
(b) Leaving Paris.
(c) Having an abortion.
(d) Looking for Sarah.
15. What do Julia and Guillaume find at their destination?
(a) A national park at the camp.
(b) A memorial for deported Jews.
(c) Ruins of the former camp.
(d) The camp is now low-income housing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Charla's relation to Bertrand?
2. How does the letter describe Sarah's feelings about peace?
3. What does Franck Lévy tell Julia Jaramond about the family at 26 rue de Saintonge in July 1942?
4. How does this trip make Julia feel?
5. Where is Sarah?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)