|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Franck Lévy tell Julia Jaramond about the family at 26 rue de Saintonge in July 1942?
(a) That he is still haunted by the people's cries.
(b) That his memory is bad.
(c) That his information is not for publication.
(d) That he does not know who was there.
2. When did Sarah stop corresponding with the DuFaures?
3. Who calls Julia to say that Mr. DuFaure would like to meet with her?
(d) Nathalie DuFaure.
4. What does Bertrand tell Julia about having a child?
(a) He says that he's been having an affair.
(b) He doesn't think they have the time or money for one.
(c) He can't handle it.
(d) He wants one enormously.
5. What message did Bertrand get when he returned home?
(a) The doctor called to say that Julia had decided against the abortion.
(b) Zoe called to say that her mother had left for a trip.
(c) Julia called to say that she was leaving for New York.
(d) Sarah called to see who was looking for her.
6. What do the DuFaures insist to the police?
(a) That Jews deserved doctors as well as everyone else.
(b) That Rachel hadn't done anything wrong.
(c) That Rachel needed medical attention.
(d) That they were not hiding Rachel.
7. What do the DuFaures try to do when the police come?
(a) Find out whether they will be taken as well.
(b) Get information from the police about the war.
(c) Tell the police where other Jews are hiding.
(d) Prevent them taking Rachel.
8. Where is Sarah?
(a) Sarah is traveling to the Middle East.
(b) Sarah separated from her husband and moved back to France.
(c) Sarah divorced Mr. Rainsferd and lives in L.A.
(d) Sarah died in 1972 in a car wreck.
9. Who are the Starzynskis?
(a) Sarah's grandparents.
(b) Sarah's family.
(c) Sarah's neighbors.
(d) Sarah's cousins.
10. Gaspard gives Julia a letter--who was it written to?
11. What does the curator at the Memorial Museum tell Julia?
(a) That this is the center of attempts to memorialize the war and the deportations.
(b) That most people don't care what happened there.
(c) That interest in the history comes and goes in waves.
(d) That there's no escaping the shadow of what happened there.
12. Who does Julia call to see if she can arrange to find Sarah?
13. Who is Richard Rainsferd?
(a) Sarah's son.
(b) Sarah's husband.
(c) Sarah's landlord.
(d) Sarah's pastor.
14. When did Sarah leave France?
15. What does Julia attend at rue Nélaton?
(a) A memorial service.
(b) A huge gathering of survivors and others.
(c) A mock trial.
(d) A film screening.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mara Rainsferd give Julia contact info for?
2. What does Franck Lévy tell Julia Jaramond about Sarah?
3. What does Bertrand propose to Julia?
4. What does Julia ask Franck Lévy about Sarah?
5. Where does Charla locate Mr. and Mrs. R. J. Rainsferd?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)