|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julia tell Bertrand about the baby?
(a) If he can't have a baby with her, the marriage is over.
(b) A baby was a surprise, but it can be just the thing they need.
(c) A baby is a blessing, and they should consider themselves lucky.
(d) The baby will bring them closer together.
2. When does this person at the nursing home meet Sarah?
(b) As a young boy.
(c) Ten years earlier.
(d) In Paris in 1946.
3. How does Julia take this person's arrival at the nursing home?
(a) As a sign of aggression.
(b) As an opportunity to get new information.
(c) As a sign of contrition.
(d) As a bad sign.
4. How does this trip make Julia feel?
(a) Alive to injustice.
(b) Indignant at all the people who stayed silent and let this happen.
(c) Deeply sad but energized to find the truth.
(d) Run down and exhausted.
5. Where does Sirka hide when the police come?
(a) In a chest of drawers.
(b) In a potato sack.
(c) In a trunk.
(d) In a cabinet.
6. When did Gaspard DuFaure find out that Sarah was a Jewish refugee?
(a) As a child.
(b) As soon as he heard about her.
(c) Forty years later.
(d) Years ago.
7. Who calls Julia to say that Mr. DuFaure would like to meet with her?
(a) Nathalie DuFaure.
8. What does Sarah find when she gets back to her apartment?
(a) The cubby is empty.
(b) People in the apartment won't let her in.
(c) The building is gone.
(d) Her brother's body.
9. In what decision does Julia change her mind?
(a) Publishing her story about Sarah.
(b) Leaving Paris.
(c) Looking for Sarah.
(d) Having an abortion.
10. What does Franck Lévy tell Julia Jaramond about Sarah?
(a) That he has her address.
(b) That there is no information about her.
(c) That he heard from her recently.
(d) That she died.
11. Where did Sarah go?
(b) The U.S.
12. How do the DuFaures respond to what Sarah tells them?
(a) They say that the times are bad.
(b) They offer to take her themselves.
(c) They say that it wasn't their crime, and they were powerless to prevent it.
(d) They say that they did the best they could.
13. Who is Mara Rainsferd?
(a) Mr. Rainsferd's niece.
(b) Mr. Rainsferd's daughter.
(c) Mr. Rainsferd's daughter-in-law.
(d) Mr. Rainsferd's second wife.
14. Where do Julia and Bamber travel next?
(c) Vel d'Hiv'.
15. What does the letter talk about?
(a) Sarah's parents.
(b) Sarah's art.
(c) Sarah's charity work.
(d) Sarah's heartache.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the DuFaures insist to the police?
2. What does Gaspard DuFaure ask Julia?
3. What is Julia's interview like, with the person Mara Rainsferd put her in touch with?
4. Where did Bertrand come home from?
5. What does Bertrand say he's going through?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)