|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the girl's brother?
2. What does Bertrand tell Julia when she becomes upset about his mother's apartment?
(a) That it had been completely gutted.
(b) That she is imagining things.
(c) To calm down.
(d) That he knows about the cubby-hole.
3. How does the narrator describe the conditions at Beaune-la-Rolande?
4. How does the girl change at Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) She hardens.
(b) She becomes placid.
(c) She becomes fierce.
(d) She gets sick and becomes weak.
5. Where do the girl and Rachel go from Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) The woods.
(b) A swamp.
(c) A farmhouse.
(d) The city.
6. What does the girl receive from a stranger?
(a) An apple.
(b) A roll.
(c) A book.
(d) A blanket.
7. How is the family transported away from their neighborhood?
(a) By bus.
(b) By train.
(c) By cart.
(d) By foot.
8. What do the parents tell the girl?
(a) That they are not going home.
(b) That they will get the boy that night.
(c) That the boy will die.
(d) That the neighbors will find the boy.
9. What does the girl do to take care of the other children?
(a) Invents games.
(b) Finds food.
(c) Tells stories.
(d) Steals from the guards.
10. What ailments were NOT among the ailments described as afflicting the people at the new location?
(a) Stillborn baby.
(c) Heart attack.
11. What does the father do when the girl falls ill?
(a) Buys her medicine.
(b) Comforts her.
(c) Takes her to a doctor.
(d) Abandons her.
12. Where does the girl's father spend time when he is not working?
(a) The pub.
(b) The club.
(c) The basement.
(d) The library.
13. Where is "Sarah's Key" set?
(c) Prague and Paris.
14. What is the girls doing at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Eavesdropping on her parents.
(b) Being deported to a concentration camp.
(c) Fleeing from Paris.
(d) Hiding in a basement.
15. How many Jews were deported from Vel d'Hiv' in July 1942?
(a) 1.3 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the concierge tell the police?
2. What do the people do when the orders come?
3. When does the girl think she will see the boy again?
4. What is the girl's mother's reaction to this?
5. What happened then the girl and her family arrived at Beaune-la-Rolande?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)