|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the girls during the escape?
(a) They get out without any incidents.
(b) They have to kill a guard.
(c) The red-haired policeman catches them.
(d) They are caught and sent back.
2. What do the girl and Rachel take with them from Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) The names of other children there.
(b) Money from the red-haired policeman.
(c) Two other children.
(d) Food from the commissary.
3. How long had the girl been at this new location before she became ill?
(d) She didn't know.
4. What does the girl think this predicament has to do with?
(a) Their religion.
(b) The yellow stars on their clothes.
(c) The Germans.
(d) The economy.
5. How does the girl change at Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) She hardens.
(b) She gets sick and becomes weak.
(c) She becomes placid.
(d) She becomes fierce.
6. Where does the girl's parents' fear come from?
(a) The Germans.
(b) The aerial bombs.
(c) The fascists.
(d) The economy.
7. Who proposes to escape?
(b) The girl.
8. What do the police take from the women at Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) Their names.
(b) Information about their crimes against the German state.
(c) Their valuables.
(d) All their possessions except one set of clothing.
9. What does the girl do when her father tells her what is happening?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Becomes hysterical.
(c) Passes out.
10. What is the girls doing at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Fleeing from Paris.
(b) Being deported to a concentration camp.
(c) Hiding in a basement.
(d) Eavesdropping on her parents.
11. How does the narrator describe how people felt about the girl's family?
(a) They were reviled.
(b) They were not noticed.
(c) They were treated suspected as spies.
(d) They were loved.
12. How is the family transported away from their neighborhood?
(a) By train.
(b) By cart.
(c) By bus.
(d) By foot.
13. What is Bertrand's attitude toward Julia?
14. What does the plaque at Vel d'Hiv' tell passersby?
(a) Never let the Germans forget.
(b) Never let this site be built on.
(c) Never let this happen again.
(d) Never forget.
15. Where does the girl's father spend time when he is not working?
(a) The pub.
(b) The basement.
(c) The club.
(d) The library.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bertrand's reaction when Julia tells him about her pregnancy?
2. How did the restrictions affect the girl?
3. What is Mame Tézac suffering?
4. What happened then the girl and her family arrived at Beaune-la-Rolande?
5. What is the girl's mother's reaction to this?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)