|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe how people felt about the girl's family?
(a) They were reviled.
(b) They were not noticed.
(c) They were loved.
(d) They were treated suspected as spies.
2. What does the neighbor say as the girl and her mother leave?
(a) She tells them that everything will be fine.
(b) She threatens them.
(c) She curses at them.
(d) She objects to their treatment.
3. What does the narrator say the girl thinks about at her new location?
(a) Where her friends are.
(b) When she will eat.
(c) Why she has to wear a yellow star.
(d) How her brother will escape from the cubby.
4. What do the girl and Rachel take with them from Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) Food from the commissary.
(b) Two other children.
(c) The names of other children there.
(d) Money from the red-haired policeman.
5. How did the restrictions affect the girl?
(a) She could not leave the house.
(b) She was forced to work long hours cleaning the sidewalks.
(c) She was beaten regularly.
(d) She could not play in the park.
6. What do the people do when the orders come?
(a) They hide.
(b) They resist.
(c) They riot.
(d) They comply.
7. What does the father do when the girl falls ill?
(a) Comforts her.
(b) Buys her medicine.
(c) Abandons her.
(d) Takes her to a doctor.
8. Who proposes to escape?
(d) The girl.
9. What does the concierge do as the girl and her mother leave the building?
10. What does the girl think this predicament has to do with?
(a) The economy.
(b) The yellow stars on their clothes.
(c) The Germans.
(d) Their religion.
11. What is Bertrand's reaction when Julia tells him about her pregnancy?
(a) He is unhappy about it.
(b) He is thrilled.
(c) He tells her to abort it.
(d) He leaves her.
12. What kind of food and drink did the girl and her mother find at their new location?
13. What is Bertrand's attitude toward Julia?
14. How does the narrator explain the fact that Bamber did not know anything about Vel d'Hiv'?
(a) She was British.
(b) She was young.
(c) She was not Jewish.
(d) She was old.
15. What does Rachel become sick with?
(b) Scarlet fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the girl spend her time at the new location?
2. What does the concierge tell the police?
3. What does the girl do to her brother?
4. Why is Julia Jaramond looking forward to taking over Mame Tézac's apartment?
5. When does the girl think she will see the boy again?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)