|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the parents tell the girl?
(a) That they are not going home.
(b) That they will get the boy that night.
(c) That the boy will die.
(d) That the neighbors will find the boy.
2. What does the father tell the girl about their situation?
(a) There's nothing they can do.
(b) They have to fight if they're going to survive.
(c) They are being made to pay for someone's sins.
(d) They are going to die.
3. What is Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) A prison.
(b) A concentration camp.
(c) A holding camp.
(d) A ghetto.
4. What ailments were NOT among the ailments described as afflicting the people at the new location?
(a) Heart attack.
(b) Stillborn baby.
5. What does the father do when the girl and her mother are leaving?
(a) Shoots at the police.
(b) Emerges from hiding.
(c) Fights with the police.
(d) Calls the neighbors for help.
6. How does the narrator describe how people felt about the girl's family?
(a) They were reviled.
(b) They were loved.
(c) They were not noticed.
(d) They were treated suspected as spies.
7. How does the girl spend her time at the new location?
(a) Looking for food.
(b) Attempting to escape.
(c) With her head between her knees.
(d) Making friends.
8. Where does the girl's father spend time when he is not working?
(a) The pub.
(b) The club.
(c) The library.
(d) The basement.
9. What does the girl do to her brother?
(a) Locks him in a cubby-hole.
(b) Loses sight of him.
(c) Tells him to run away.
(d) Tells him to hide.
10. What is the girls doing at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Fleeing from Paris.
(b) Hiding in a basement.
(c) Eavesdropping on her parents.
(d) Being deported to a concentration camp.
11. What does the girl receive from a stranger?
(a) A blanket.
(b) An apple.
(c) A book.
(d) A roll.
12. What does the waiter at the café tell Julia and Bamber about?
(a) His grandparents who were deported from Vel d'Hiv'.
(b) An old woman who'll remember Vel d'Hiv'.
(c) That they should forget all about Vel d'Hiv'.
(d) Where to look for information on Vel d'Hiv' at the National Archives.
13. Where is "Sarah's Key" set?
(b) Prague and Paris.
14. Where do the police believe the boy is?
(a) The cubby hole.
(b) A neighbor's house.
(c) The country.
15. What condition does the narrator say the people are in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What promise does the girl make to her brother?
2. What do the people at the door tell the girl's mother to do?
3. How does the mother change at Beaune-la-Rolande?
4. What do the police tell the people?
5. Who is at the door when there is a knock?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)