|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the concierge tell the police?
(a) That the girl and her mother are not Jewish.
(b) Where to find other Jews.
(c) To go to Hell.
(d) To treat the girl and her mother well.
2. How old is the girl?
3. What is the girl's mother's reaction to this?
(a) She collapses.
(b) She yells and carries on.
(c) She sobs, but complies.
(d) She flees immediately.
4. When does the girl think she will see the boy again?
(a) At the end of the war.
(b) Within a few days.
(d) That night.
5. What language are the girl's parent's speaking?
6. Where does the girl's father spend time when he is not working?
(a) The basement.
(b) The club.
(c) The pub.
(d) The library.
7. What does Bertrand tell Julia when she becomes upset about his mother's apartment?
(a) To calm down.
(b) That she is imagining things.
(c) That he knows about the cubby-hole.
(d) That it had been completely gutted.
8. How does the girl spend her time at the new location?
(a) With her head between her knees.
(b) Attempting to escape.
(c) Making friends.
(d) Looking for food.
9. How does the narrator describe how people felt about the girl's family?
(a) They were treated suspected as spies.
(b) They were reviled.
(c) They were loved.
(d) They were not noticed.
10. How old is the girl's brother?
11. What do the girl and Rachel take with them from Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) Food from the commissary.
(b) The names of other children there.
(c) Money from the red-haired policeman.
(d) Two other children.
12. What is Mame Tézac suffering?
(c) Multiple sclerosis.
13. How does the girl change at Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) She becomes placid.
(b) She gets sick and becomes weak.
(c) She becomes fierce.
(d) She hardens.
14. What does the girl do when her father tells her what is happening?
(a) Becomes hysterical.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Passes out.
15. How does the narrator describe the red-haired policeman's demeanor when the girl sees him at Beaune-la-Rolande?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the girls during the escape?
2. How did the restrictions affect the girl?
3. What condition does the narrator say the people are in?
4. When is "Sarah's Key" set?
5. What does the neighbor say as the girl and her mother leave?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)