|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say the girl thinks about at her new location?
(a) When she will eat.
(b) How her brother will escape from the cubby.
(c) Where her friends are.
(d) Why she has to wear a yellow star.
2. What do the police take from the women at Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) Their names.
(b) Information about their crimes against the German state.
(c) All their possessions except one set of clothing.
(d) Their valuables.
3. Why is Julia Jaramond looking forward to taking over Mame Tézac's apartment?
(a) She will be in charge of redecorating.
(b) She will have an office.
(c) She will have a servant.
(d) She will be closer to the center of the city.
4. What promise does the girl make to her brother?
(a) To come back that evening.
(b) To be back as soon as possible.
(c) To take care of him.
(d) Never to forget him.
5. How does the girl spend her time at the new location?
(a) Making friends.
(b) Attempting to escape.
(c) With her head between her knees.
(d) Looking for food.
6. What is Bertrand's attitude toward Julia?
7. What is Bertrand's reaction when Julia tells him about her pregnancy?
(a) He leaves her.
(b) He is unhappy about it.
(c) He tells her to abort it.
(d) He is thrilled.
8. Where does the girl's father spend time when he is not working?
(a) The pub.
(b) The library.
(c) The club.
(d) The basement.
9. How do the girl's parents react when they hear about the boy?
(a) They start a fight, and are beaten.
(b) They both pass out.
(c) They are relieved.
(d) They are horrified.
10. What is Mame Tézac suffering?
(d) Multiple sclerosis.
11. What is the girl's name?
12. How long had the girl been at this new location before she became ill?
(c) She didn't know.
13. How many Jews were deported from Vel d'Hiv' in July 1942?
(b) 1.3 million.
14. What condition does the narrator say the people are in?
15. What does the father tell the girl about their situation?
(a) They are going to die.
(b) They have to fight if they're going to survive.
(c) There's nothing they can do.
(d) They are being made to pay for someone's sins.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the conditions at Beaune-la-Rolande?
2. What does the girl do to her brother?
3. Where do the girl and Rachel go from Beaune-la-Rolande?
4. What do the parents tell the girl?
5. What does the concierge do as the girl and her mother leave the building?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)