Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the people do when the orders come?
(a) They riot.
(b) They hide.
(c) They comply.
(d) They resist.
2. What does the concierge tell the police?
(a) That the girl and her mother are not Jewish.
(b) To treat the girl and her mother well.
(c) To go to Hell.
(d) Where to find other Jews.
3. What do the police take from the women at Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) Information about their crimes against the German state.
(b) All their possessions except one set of clothing.
(c) Their names.
(d) Their valuables.
4. How does the narrator explain the fact that Bamber did not know anything about Vel d'Hiv'?
(a) She was not Jewish.
(b) She was young.
(c) She was old.
(d) She was British.
5. How does the narrator describe the conditions at Beaune-la-Rolande?
6. How does the mother change at Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) She gets fierce.
(b) She becomes a shell of her former self.
(c) She gets sick and weak.
(d) She collapses from within.
7. What does Rachel become sick with?
(a) Scarlet fever.
8. What do the police tell the people?
(a) That they have to wait for orders.
(b) That they will be sent home soon.
(c) That they will be killed.
(d) That they will be sent to work camps.
9. What does the narrator say the girl thinks about at her new location?
(a) Why she has to wear a yellow star.
(b) How her brother will escape from the cubby.
(c) Where her friends are.
(d) When she will eat.
10. How does the girl change at Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) She gets sick and becomes weak.
(b) She becomes fierce.
(c) She hardens.
(d) She becomes placid.
11. What kind of food and drink did the girl and her mother find at their new location?
12. What does the father tell the girl about their situation?
(a) There's nothing they can do.
(b) They are being made to pay for someone's sins.
(c) They have to fight if they're going to survive.
(d) They are going to die.
13. What is Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) A concentration camp.
(b) A holding camp.
(c) A ghetto.
(d) A prison.
14. What does the girl do to take care of the other children?
(a) Steals from the guards.
(b) Invents games.
(c) Tells stories.
(d) Finds food.
15. How do the girl's parents react when they hear about the boy?
(a) They are horrified.
(b) They are relieved.
(c) They start a fight, and are beaten.
(d) They both pass out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bertrand tell Julia when she becomes upset about his mother's apartment?
2. How does the girl spend her time at the new location?
3. How does the narrator describe the red-haired policeman's demeanor when the girl sees him at Beaune-la-Rolande?
4. What makes Julia worry when she gets pregnant?
5. How long had the girl been at this new location before she became ill?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)