|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe how people felt about the girl's family?
(a) They were treated suspected as spies.
(b) They were not noticed.
(c) They were reviled.
(d) They were loved.
2. What does the father do when the girl and her mother are leaving?
(a) Shoots at the police.
(b) Emerges from hiding.
(c) Calls the neighbors for help.
(d) Fights with the police.
3. What does the concierge tell the police?
(a) To treat the girl and her mother well.
(b) To go to Hell.
(c) That the girl and her mother are not Jewish.
(d) Where to find other Jews.
4. What is the girl's mother's reaction to this?
(a) She flees immediately.
(b) She yells and carries on.
(c) She sobs, but complies.
(d) She collapses.
5. Who do the girl and her mother see in the street?
(a) Other immigrants.
(b) Other Jews.
(c) Other professor's families.
(d) Other political refugees.
6. What language are the girl's parent's speaking?
7. What does the concierge do as the girl and her mother leave the building?
8. What do the parents tell the girl?
(a) That the boy will die.
(b) That the neighbors will find the boy.
(c) That they are not going home.
(d) That they will get the boy that night.
9. What does the neighbor say as the girl and her mother leave?
(a) She curses at them.
(b) She objects to their treatment.
(c) She tells them that everything will be fine.
(d) She threatens them.
10. When does the girl think she will see the boy again?
(a) Within a few days.
(c) That night.
(d) At the end of the war.
11. Why is the girl angry with her father?
(a) She doesn't think he cares about her brother.
(b) She resents his powerlessness.
(c) She thinks he is preparing to abandon her.
(d) She wants him to fight for her.
12. What does the father tell the girl about their situation?
(a) They have to fight if they're going to survive.
(b) They are being made to pay for someone's sins.
(c) They are going to die.
(d) There's nothing they can do.
13. What do the people at the door tell the girl's mother to do?
(a) Tell her to flee.
(b) Tell her to pack her things.
(c) Arrest her.
(d) Warn her that the police are coming.
14. What does the girl do to her brother?
(a) Tells him to hide.
(b) Loses sight of him.
(c) Tells him to run away.
(d) Locks him in a cubby-hole.
15. Why is Julia Jaramond looking forward to taking over Mame Tézac's apartment?
(a) She will have an office.
(b) She will be in charge of redecorating.
(c) She will be closer to the center of the city.
(d) She will have a servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the girl do to take care of the other children?
2. What does the girl say is clear from the Doctor's demeanor when he comes to treat Rachel?
3. Where do the police believe the boy is?
4. How old is the girl's brother?
5. What happened then the girl and her family arrived at Beaune-la-Rolande?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)