|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rachel become sick with?
(b) Scarlet fever.
2. Where do the girl and Rachel go from Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) The woods.
(b) The city.
(c) A farmhouse.
(d) A swamp.
3. What do the parents tell the girl?
(a) That they are not going home.
(b) That they will get the boy that night.
(c) That the neighbors will find the boy.
(d) That the boy will die.
4. What does the concierge tell the police?
(a) To go to Hell.
(b) To treat the girl and her mother well.
(c) That the girl and her mother are not Jewish.
(d) Where to find other Jews.
5. What promise does the girl make to her brother?
(a) To take care of him.
(b) To be back as soon as possible.
(c) To come back that evening.
(d) Never to forget him.
6. Where is "Sarah's Key" set?
(d) Prague and Paris.
7. What does the father do when the girl falls ill?
(a) Takes her to a doctor.
(b) Buys her medicine.
(c) Abandons her.
(d) Comforts her.
8. What was Vélodrome d' Hiver before it was a holding site for Jews?
(a) A race track.
(b) A ghetto.
(c) A campground.
(d) A stadium.
9. What does Bertrand tell Julia when she becomes upset about his mother's apartment?
(a) That she is imagining things.
(b) That it had been completely gutted.
(c) To calm down.
(d) That he knows about the cubby-hole.
10. What does the concierge do as the girl and her mother leave the building?
11. What do the police take from the women at Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) Their names.
(b) Information about their crimes against the German state.
(c) Their valuables.
(d) All their possessions except one set of clothing.
12. How long had the girl been at this new location before she became ill?
(d) She didn't know.
13. Where do the police believe the boy is?
(a) The cubby hole.
(b) The country.
(c) A neighbor's house.
14. What do the people at the door tell the girl's mother to do?
(a) Tell her to flee.
(b) Arrest her.
(c) Tell her to pack her things.
(d) Warn her that the police are coming.
15. How does the narrator explain the fact that Bamber did not know anything about Vel d'Hiv'?
(a) She was not Jewish.
(b) She was old.
(c) She was British.
(d) She was young.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe how people felt about the girl's family?
2. What do the girl and Rachel take with them from Beaune-la-Rolande?
3. What is Bertrand's attitude toward Julia?
4. How old is the girl?
5. What is the girls doing at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)