|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the restrictions affect the girl?
(a) She was beaten regularly.
(b) She was forced to work long hours cleaning the sidewalks.
(c) She could not leave the house.
(d) She could not play in the park.
2. How does the girl spend her time at the new location?
(a) Attempting to escape.
(b) Looking for food.
(c) Making friends.
(d) With her head between her knees.
3. What is the girl's name?
4. What do the parents tell the girl?
(a) That they will get the boy that night.
(b) That the neighbors will find the boy.
(c) That the boy will die.
(d) That they are not going home.
5. What ailments were NOT among the ailments described as afflicting the people at the new location?
(a) Heart attack.
(b) Stillborn baby.
6. What condition does the narrator say the people are in?
7. Where does the girl's parents' fear come from?
(a) The Germans.
(b) The aerial bombs.
(c) The fascists.
(d) The economy.
8. What does the mother tell the girl?
(a) To get her brother and pack some things for him.
(b) To pack her things.
(c) To run.
(d) To get her coat and get ready to go.
9. What kind of food and drink did the girl and her mother find at their new location?
10. What does Rachel become sick with?
(d) Scarlet fever.
11. Who proposes to escape?
(d) The girl.
12. What does the girl say is clear from the Doctor's demeanor when he comes to treat Rachel?
(a) He was helping as many people as he could.
(b) He would not take care of a refugee.
(c) He would not betray the girls' location.
(d) He will report them as Jews.
13. What does the narrator say the girl thinks about at her new location?
(a) Where her friends are.
(b) How her brother will escape from the cubby.
(c) Why she has to wear a yellow star.
(d) When she will eat.
14. How did the police react when the mother objected to going?
(a) They pushed her along.
(b) They beat her.
(c) They gave her more time.
(d) They let her stay.
15. What does the concierge do as the girl and her mother leave the building?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bertrand's reaction when Julia tells him about her pregnancy?
2. What does the father do when the girl and her mother are leaving?
3. What does the plaque at Vel d'Hiv' tell passersby?
4. How do the girl's parents react when they hear about the boy?
5. What was Vélodrome d' Hiver before it was a holding site for Jews?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)