Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the father do when the girl falls ill?
(a) Comforts her.
(b) Takes her to a doctor.
(c) Abandons her.
(d) Buys her medicine.
2. What is the girl's father's occupation?
(c) Factory foreman.
3. Who do the girl and her mother see in the street?
(a) Other professor's families.
(b) Other Jews.
(c) Other political refugees.
(d) Other immigrants.
4. How does the girl spend her time at the new location?
(a) Making friends.
(b) Looking for food.
(c) Attempting to escape.
(d) With her head between her knees.
5. What do the police tell the people?
(a) That they will be sent home soon.
(b) That they have to wait for orders.
(c) That they will be killed.
(d) That they will be sent to work camps.
6. How does the narrator describe the conditions at Beaune-la-Rolande?
7. How long had the girl been at this new location before she became ill?
(c) She didn't know.
8. What does the father tell the girl about their situation?
(a) There's nothing they can do.
(b) They are being made to pay for someone's sins.
(c) They have to fight if they're going to survive.
(d) They are going to die.
9. What does Bertrand tell Julia when she becomes upset about his mother's apartment?
(a) To calm down.
(b) That it had been completely gutted.
(c) That she is imagining things.
(d) That he knows about the cubby-hole.
10. What is the girl's mother's reaction to this?
(a) She sobs, but complies.
(b) She yells and carries on.
(c) She flees immediately.
(d) She collapses.
11. How does the narrator describe the red-haired policeman's demeanor when the girl sees him at Beaune-la-Rolande?
12. Where do the police believe the boy is?
(b) The country.
(c) The cubby hole.
(d) A neighbor's house.
13. What is the girls doing at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Being deported to a concentration camp.
(b) Fleeing from Paris.
(c) Hiding in a basement.
(d) Eavesdropping on her parents.
14. How old is the girl's brother?
15. Why is Julia Jaramond looking forward to taking over Mame Tézac's apartment?
(a) She will be in charge of redecorating.
(b) She will have an office.
(c) She will have a servant.
(d) She will be closer to the center of the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people do when the orders come?
2. Who is at the door when there is a knock?
3. What is Mame Tézac suffering?
4. What does the girl say is clear from the Doctor's demeanor when he comes to treat Rachel?
5. How does the narrator describe how people felt about the girl's family?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)