|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Vélodrome d' Hiver before it was a holding site for Jews?
(a) A ghetto.
(b) A race track.
(c) A stadium.
(d) A campground.
2. What does the plaque at Vel d'Hiv' tell passersby?
(a) Never forget.
(b) Never let the Germans forget.
(c) Never let this site be built on.
(d) Never let this happen again.
3. What do the police tell the people?
(a) That they will be sent to work camps.
(b) That they have to wait for orders.
(c) That they will be sent home soon.
(d) That they will be killed.
4. What does the waiter at the café tell Julia and Bamber about?
(a) His grandparents who were deported from Vel d'Hiv'.
(b) Where to look for information on Vel d'Hiv' at the National Archives.
(c) That they should forget all about Vel d'Hiv'.
(d) An old woman who'll remember Vel d'Hiv'.
5. How does the narrator describe how people felt about the girl's family?
(a) They were loved.
(b) They were reviled.
(c) They were not noticed.
(d) They were treated suspected as spies.
6. What do the police take from the women at Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) Their names.
(b) Information about their crimes against the German state.
(c) Their valuables.
(d) All their possessions except one set of clothing.
7. What does the girl receive from a stranger?
(a) A book.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A roll.
(d) An apple.
8. What condition does the narrator say the people are in?
9. What language are the girl's parent's speaking?
10. What is Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) A prison.
(b) A concentration camp.
(c) A ghetto.
(d) A holding camp.
11. What do the girl and Rachel take with them from Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) Money from the red-haired policeman.
(b) Two other children.
(c) Food from the commissary.
(d) The names of other children there.
12. What do the parents tell the girl?
(a) That the boy will die.
(b) That the neighbors will find the boy.
(c) That they are not going home.
(d) That they will get the boy that night.
13. What does the neighbor say as the girl and her mother leave?
(a) She threatens them.
(b) She curses at them.
(c) She objects to their treatment.
(d) She tells them that everything will be fine.
14. How does the girl spend her time at the new location?
(a) With her head between her knees.
(b) Attempting to escape.
(c) Looking for food.
(d) Making friends.
15. What happens to the girls during the escape?
(a) The red-haired policeman catches them.
(b) They have to kill a guard.
(c) They are caught and sent back.
(d) They get out without any incidents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is at the door when there is a knock?
2. What does the concierge tell the police?
3. What are the people ordered to do?
4. Where is "Sarah's Key" set?
5. What does the concierge do as the girl and her mother leave the building?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)