|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the girls during the escape?
(a) They have to kill a guard.
(b) They get out without any incidents.
(c) The red-haired policeman catches them.
(d) They are caught and sent back.
2. What is Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) A ghetto.
(b) A holding camp.
(c) A concentration camp.
(d) A prison.
3. What do the people do when the orders come?
(a) They resist.
(b) They riot.
(c) They comply.
(d) They hide.
4. What promise does the girl make to her brother?
(a) To be back as soon as possible.
(b) Never to forget him.
(c) To take care of him.
(d) To come back that evening.
5. Who is at the door when there is a knock?
(a) German police.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) French police.
(d) The girl's cousin.
6. What does the father do when the girl and her mother are leaving?
(a) Emerges from hiding.
(b) Calls the neighbors for help.
(c) Shoots at the police.
(d) Fights with the police.
7. Where are the people transported to?
(a) A bus station.
(b) A ghetto.
(c) A train station.
(d) Back home.
8. Where does the girl's father spend time when he is not working?
(a) The library.
(b) The basement.
(c) The pub.
(d) The club.
9. How do the girl's parents react when they hear about the boy?
(a) They start a fight, and are beaten.
(b) They both pass out.
(c) They are horrified.
(d) They are relieved.
10. How does the narrator explain the fact that Bamber did not know anything about Vel d'Hiv'?
(a) She was British.
(b) She was young.
(c) She was old.
(d) She was not Jewish.
11. What do the parents tell the girl?
(a) That the boy will die.
(b) That the neighbors will find the boy.
(c) That they will get the boy that night.
(d) That they are not going home.
12. What is stamped on the family's identity cards?
13. What does the narrator say the girl thinks about at her new location?
(a) When she will eat.
(b) Where her friends are.
(c) Why she has to wear a yellow star.
(d) How her brother will escape from the cubby.
14. How did the restrictions affect the girl?
(a) She could not play in the park.
(b) She was forced to work long hours cleaning the sidewalks.
(c) She was beaten regularly.
(d) She could not leave the house.
15. What happened then the girl and her family arrived at Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) The people were put to work.
(b) The men and women were separated.
(c) Healthy people were separated from sick people.
(d) The people were killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the girl and Rachel go from Beaune-la-Rolande?
2. What does the girl do to her brother?
3. What does Bertrand tell Julia when she becomes upset about his mother's apartment?
4. What ailments were NOT among the ailments described as afflicting the people at the new location?
5. What does the girl do to take care of the other children?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)