|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the girl think this predicament has to do with?
(a) The Germans.
(b) The yellow stars on their clothes.
(c) Their religion.
(d) The economy.
2. What makes Julia worry when she gets pregnant?
(a) The idea that her children would be Jewish and therefore persecuted.
(b) Genetic conditions that ran in her family.
(c) Bertrand's infidelities.
(d) Her miscarriages.
3. What does the neighbor say as the girl and her mother leave?
(a) She threatens them.
(b) She tells them that everything will be fine.
(c) She objects to their treatment.
(d) She curses at them.
4. What is Bertrand's attitude toward Julia?
5. What does Bertrand tell Julia when she becomes upset about his mother's apartment?
(a) To calm down.
(b) That she is imagining things.
(c) That he knows about the cubby-hole.
(d) That it had been completely gutted.
6. What do the parents tell the girl?
(a) That the neighbors will find the boy.
(b) That they are not going home.
(c) That they will get the boy that night.
(d) That the boy will die.
7. How does the mother change at Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) She gets fierce.
(b) She gets sick and weak.
(c) She becomes a shell of her former self.
(d) She collapses from within.
8. What does the mother tell the girl?
(a) To get her coat and get ready to go.
(b) To pack her things.
(c) To run.
(d) To get her brother and pack some things for him.
9. What does the girl say is clear from the Doctor's demeanor when he comes to treat Rachel?
(a) He would not take care of a refugee.
(b) He will report them as Jews.
(c) He would not betray the girls' location.
(d) He was helping as many people as he could.
10. What is the girl's name?
11. How old is the girl?
12. What is stamped on the family's identity cards?
13. How is the family transported away from their neighborhood?
(a) By foot.
(b) By bus.
(c) By cart.
(d) By train.
14. What does the father do when the girl falls ill?
(a) Abandons her.
(b) Buys her medicine.
(c) Comforts her.
(d) Takes her to a doctor.
15. What does the father do when the girl and her mother are leaving?
(a) Shoots at the police.
(b) Emerges from hiding.
(c) Calls the neighbors for help.
(d) Fights with the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the girls doing at the beginning of the novel?
2. Who is at the door when there is a knock?
3. Where do the girl and Rachel go from Beaune-la-Rolande?
4. What does Rachel become sick with?
5. What does the girl do to take care of the other children?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)