|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) A ghetto.
(b) A prison.
(c) A holding camp.
(d) A concentration camp.
2. What promise does the girl make to her brother?
(a) To come back that evening.
(b) Never to forget him.
(c) To be back as soon as possible.
(d) To take care of him.
3. What do the people at the door tell the girl's mother to do?
(a) Tell her to flee.
(b) Warn her that the police are coming.
(c) Tell her to pack her things.
(d) Arrest her.
4. What condition does the narrator say the people are in?
5. Why is the girl angry with her father?
(a) She wants him to fight for her.
(b) She resents his powerlessness.
(c) She doesn't think he cares about her brother.
(d) She thinks he is preparing to abandon her.
6. How does the narrator describe the red-haired policeman's demeanor when the girl sees him at Beaune-la-Rolande?
7. Who do the girl and her mother see in the street?
(a) Other political refugees.
(b) Other immigrants.
(c) Other Jews.
(d) Other professor's families.
8. What does the girl do to her brother?
(a) Tells him to run away.
(b) Locks him in a cubby-hole.
(c) Loses sight of him.
(d) Tells him to hide.
9. What kind of food and drink did the girl and her mother find at their new location?
10. How old is the girl?
11. What does the girl think this predicament has to do with?
(a) Their religion.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The yellow stars on their clothes.
(d) The economy.
12. Where do the police believe the boy is?
(a) A neighbor's house.
(b) The cubby hole.
(c) The country.
13. What language are the girl's parent's speaking?
14. How does the narrator describe how people felt about the girl's family?
(a) They were not noticed.
(b) They were reviled.
(c) They were loved.
(d) They were treated suspected as spies.
15. What happened then the girl and her family arrived at Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) The people were put to work.
(b) The people were killed.
(c) The men and women were separated.
(d) Healthy people were separated from sick people.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the restrictions affect the girl?
2. What do the people do when the orders come?
3. What makes Julia worry when she gets pregnant?
4. What does the girl receive from a stranger?
5. What does the mother tell the girl?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)