|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the restrictions affect the girl?
(a) She could not play in the park.
(b) She could not leave the house.
(c) She was forced to work long hours cleaning the sidewalks.
(d) She was beaten regularly.
2. What is the girl's father's occupation?
(d) Factory foreman.
3. What does the girl do to her brother?
(a) Locks him in a cubby-hole.
(b) Tells him to hide.
(c) Loses sight of him.
(d) Tells him to run away.
4. What was Vélodrome d' Hiver before it was a holding site for Jews?
(a) A campground.
(b) A race track.
(c) A stadium.
(d) A ghetto.
5. What is Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) A prison.
(b) A ghetto.
(c) A holding camp.
(d) A concentration camp.
6. What does the neighbor say as the girl and her mother leave?
(a) She threatens them.
(b) She tells them that everything will be fine.
(c) She objects to their treatment.
(d) She curses at them.
7. What happened then the girl and her family arrived at Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) Healthy people were separated from sick people.
(b) The people were put to work.
(c) The men and women were separated.
(d) The people were killed.
8. Where is "Sarah's Key" set?
(d) Prague and Paris.
9. What do the police take from the women at Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) Their valuables.
(b) All their possessions except one set of clothing.
(c) Their names.
(d) Information about their crimes against the German state.
10. How do the girl's parents react when they hear about the boy?
(a) They both pass out.
(b) They start a fight, and are beaten.
(c) They are horrified.
(d) They are relieved.
11. What does the father do when the girl and her mother are leaving?
(a) Calls the neighbors for help.
(b) Fights with the police.
(c) Emerges from hiding.
(d) Shoots at the police.
12. Where do the girl and Rachel go from Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) The city.
(b) A swamp.
(c) A farmhouse.
(d) The woods.
13. What is the girl's name?
14. What language are the girl's parent's speaking?
15. What does the mother tell the girl?
(a) To get her brother and pack some things for him.
(b) To run.
(c) To get her coat and get ready to go.
(d) To pack her things.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the girl say is clear from the Doctor's demeanor when he comes to treat Rachel?
2. What does Rachel become sick with?
3. What does the father do when the girl falls ill?
4. How does the mother change at Beaune-la-Rolande?
5. What kind of food and drink did the girl and her mother find at their new location?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)