|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mother tell the girl?
(a) To pack her things.
(b) To run.
(c) To get her brother and pack some things for him.
(d) To get her coat and get ready to go.
2. What is the girls doing at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Hiding in a basement.
(b) Eavesdropping on her parents.
(c) Fleeing from Paris.
(d) Being deported to a concentration camp.
3. What does the girl do to take care of the other children?
(a) Invents games.
(b) Steals from the guards.
(c) Tells stories.
(d) Finds food.
4. How old is the girl's brother?
5. Where is "Sarah's Key" set?
(a) Prague and Paris.
6. What does the girl do to her brother?
(a) Loses sight of him.
(b) Tells him to hide.
(c) Locks him in a cubby-hole.
(d) Tells him to run away.
7. What does the narrator say the girl thinks about at her new location?
(a) Where her friends are.
(b) Why she has to wear a yellow star.
(c) When she will eat.
(d) How her brother will escape from the cubby.
8. How does the girl change at Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) She becomes placid.
(b) She hardens.
(c) She gets sick and becomes weak.
(d) She becomes fierce.
9. What is stamped on the family's identity cards?
10. What does Julia know instinctively about Mame Tézac's apartment?
(a) It was where her aunt had locked away her brother.
(b) It was going to be very expensive to restore.
(c) It had belonged to Jews.
(d) It was haunted.
11. What does the girl think this predicament has to do with?
(a) The Germans.
(b) The yellow stars on their clothes.
(c) Their religion.
(d) The economy.
12. When is "Sarah's Key" set?
(c) 1942 and 2002.
(d) 1941 and 1996.
13. What is the girl's mother's reaction to this?
(a) She flees immediately.
(b) She collapses.
(c) She yells and carries on.
(d) She sobs, but complies.
14. What is the girl's name?
15. How many Jews were deported from Vel d'Hiv' in July 1942?
(c) 1.3 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the girl's parents react when they hear about the boy?
2. What does the concierge do as the girl and her mother leave the building?
3. What do the police take from the women at Beaune-la-Rolande?
4. What does Rachel become sick with?
5. What happens to the girls during the escape?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)