|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of food and drink did the girl and her mother find at their new location?
2. What promise does the girl make to her brother?
(a) Never to forget him.
(b) To come back that evening.
(c) To be back as soon as possible.
(d) To take care of him.
3. What happens to the girls during the escape?
(a) They are caught and sent back.
(b) The red-haired policeman catches them.
(c) They have to kill a guard.
(d) They get out without any incidents.
4. What do the people at the door tell the girl's mother to do?
(a) Warn her that the police are coming.
(b) Arrest her.
(c) Tell her to flee.
(d) Tell her to pack her things.
5. What is Bertrand's attitude toward Julia?
6. How old is the girl's brother?
7. What do the girl and Rachel take with them from Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) Food from the commissary.
(b) The names of other children there.
(c) Two other children.
(d) Money from the red-haired policeman.
8. What does the father tell the girl about their situation?
(a) They have to fight if they're going to survive.
(b) They are going to die.
(c) They are being made to pay for someone's sins.
(d) There's nothing they can do.
9. What does the waiter at the café tell Julia and Bamber about?
(a) His grandparents who were deported from Vel d'Hiv'.
(b) An old woman who'll remember Vel d'Hiv'.
(c) Where to look for information on Vel d'Hiv' at the National Archives.
(d) That they should forget all about Vel d'Hiv'.
10. Where does the girl's father spend time when he is not working?
(a) The pub.
(b) The club.
(c) The basement.
(d) The library.
11. What does the father do when the girl falls ill?
(a) Buys her medicine.
(b) Takes her to a doctor.
(c) Comforts her.
(d) Abandons her.
12. What was Vélodrome d' Hiver before it was a holding site for Jews?
(a) A ghetto.
(b) A race track.
(c) A campground.
(d) A stadium.
13. How did the police react when the mother objected to going?
(a) They beat her.
(b) They let her stay.
(c) They pushed her along.
(d) They gave her more time.
14. Where are the people transported to?
(a) Back home.
(b) A train station.
(c) A ghetto.
(d) A bus station.
15. What condition does the narrator say the people are in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the girl angry with her father?
2. What makes Julia worry when she gets pregnant?
3. How old is the girl?
4. What does the girl receive from a stranger?
5. What does the narrator say the girl thinks about at her new location?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)