|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe how people felt about the girl's family?
(a) They were not noticed.
(b) They were reviled.
(c) They were treated suspected as spies.
(d) They were loved.
2. What is Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) A ghetto.
(b) A holding camp.
(c) A prison.
(d) A concentration camp.
3. How does the girl spend her time at the new location?
(a) Looking for food.
(b) Attempting to escape.
(c) Making friends.
(d) With her head between her knees.
4. How does the narrator explain the fact that Bamber did not know anything about Vel d'Hiv'?
(a) She was British.
(b) She was old.
(c) She was not Jewish.
(d) She was young.
5. What is the girls doing at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Hiding in a basement.
(b) Being deported to a concentration camp.
(c) Eavesdropping on her parents.
(d) Fleeing from Paris.
6. Where do the police believe the boy is?
(b) The country.
(c) A neighbor's house.
(d) The cubby hole.
7. What is Bertrand's reaction when Julia tells him about her pregnancy?
(a) He is unhappy about it.
(b) He tells her to abort it.
(c) He leaves her.
(d) He is thrilled.
8. Who is at the door when there is a knock?
(a) German police.
(b) French police.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) The girl's cousin.
9. What does Rachel become sick with?
(b) Scarlet fever.
10. What is Bertrand's attitude toward Julia?
11. How does the mother change at Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) She gets fierce.
(b) She gets sick and weak.
(c) She becomes a shell of her former self.
(d) She collapses from within.
12. How is the family transported away from their neighborhood?
(a) By bus.
(b) By foot.
(c) By train.
(d) By cart.
13. What language are the girl's parent's speaking?
14. What ailments were NOT among the ailments described as afflicting the people at the new location?
(a) Stillborn baby.
(b) Heart attack.
15. What is the girl's father's occupation?
(a) Factory foreman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Jews were deported from Vel d'Hiv' in July 1942?
2. What does the girl do to take care of the other children?
3. What do the police take from the women at Beaune-la-Rolande?
4. What do the people do when the orders come?
5. Where are the people transported to?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)