|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the people at the door tell the girl's mother to do?
(a) Tell her to pack her things.
(b) Warn her that the police are coming.
(c) Tell her to flee.
(d) Arrest her.
2. Where does the girl's father spend time when he is not working?
(a) The library.
(b) The basement.
(c) The pub.
(d) The club.
3. Where is "Sarah's Key" set?
(d) Prague and Paris.
4. How does the narrator explain the fact that Bamber did not know anything about Vel d'Hiv'?
(a) She was young.
(b) She was British.
(c) She was not Jewish.
(d) She was old.
5. What does the girl do to her brother?
(a) Tells him to run away.
(b) Loses sight of him.
(c) Tells him to hide.
(d) Locks him in a cubby-hole.
6. What does the girl think this predicament has to do with?
(a) The Germans.
(b) Their religion.
(c) The economy.
(d) The yellow stars on their clothes.
7. What is Bertrand's reaction when Julia tells him about her pregnancy?
(a) He is thrilled.
(b) He is unhappy about it.
(c) He tells her to abort it.
(d) He leaves her.
8. How old is the girl's brother?
9. What does the concierge tell the police?
(a) To go to Hell.
(b) That the girl and her mother are not Jewish.
(c) To treat the girl and her mother well.
(d) Where to find other Jews.
10. How does the mother change at Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) She gets sick and weak.
(b) She gets fierce.
(c) She collapses from within.
(d) She becomes a shell of her former self.
11. What is Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) A prison.
(b) A concentration camp.
(c) A ghetto.
(d) A holding camp.
12. What does the mother tell the girl?
(a) To run.
(b) To pack her things.
(c) To get her coat and get ready to go.
(d) To get her brother and pack some things for him.
13. What is stamped on the family's identity cards?
14. What does the girl receive from a stranger?
(a) A roll.
(b) An apple.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A book.
15. What happens to the girls during the escape?
(a) They are caught and sent back.
(b) The red-haired policeman catches them.
(c) They have to kill a guard.
(d) They get out without any incidents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the people transported to?
2. What does the father tell the girl about their situation?
3. How many Jews were deported from Vel d'Hiv' in July 1942?
4. Why is the girl angry with her father?
5. What is Mame Tézac suffering?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)