Short Essay Questions Key
1. When and where does "Sarah's Key" take place?
2. What is the opening scene of "Sarah's Key".
3. How does it happen that two members of the family do not go with the police?
4. What is the larger context for the story, and how does the story clue us in to that larger context?
5. What do the girl and her mother take with them when they leave their home?
6. How are the girl and her mother treated as they leave the apartment building?
7. What do the yellow stars signify?
8. What restrictions have the Jews had to obey under the Vichy government?
9. What are conditions like at the location where the buses take the girl and her mother?
10. Describe Julia Jaramond's relationship with her husband.
11. How does the narrator characterize Julia and Zoe?
12. What kind of writing does Julia do?
13. Describe the girl and her parents' departure for Beaune-la-Rolande.
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)