|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 241-293.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julia do when she returns home?
(a) Goes back to writing her book.
(b) Works from bed.
(c) Goes into the hospital.
(d) Gives birth.
2. What is the girl's mother's reaction to this?
(a) She sobs, but complies.
(b) She flees immediately.
(c) She yells and carries on.
(d) She collapses.
3. What does William give Julia to read?
(a) His mother's suicide note.
(b) An apology he wrote her.
(c) A letter his mother wrote him.
(d) Sarah's journal.
4. How does Mrs. DuFaure distract the policemen who are searching the basement?
(a) She chats them up.
(b) She falls and claims to have injured her ankle.
(c) She offers food and drink.
(d) She weeps and makes a scene.
5. How does the narrator characterize the trip to Paris?
(a) There were some close calls along the way.
(b) Sarah was sent back to the DuFaures, but they tried another route and got through.
(c) Sarah was recognized, but escaped in a chase.
(d) The trip was uneventful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What message did Bertrand get when he returned home?
2. Who does Mara Rainsferd give Julia contact info for?
3. What makes Julia worry when she gets pregnant?
4. How is the family transported away from their neighborhood?
5. What had William turned up in the Rainsferd house?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)