|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 241-293.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the girls doing at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Eavesdropping on her parents.
(b) Hiding in a basement.
(c) Fleeing from Paris.
(d) Being deported to a concentration camp.
2. How does the mother change at Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) She gets sick and weak.
(b) She collapses from within.
(c) She gets fierce.
(d) She becomes a shell of her former self.
3. What do the girl and Rachel take with them from Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) Food from the commissary.
(b) Two other children.
(c) Money from the red-haired policeman.
(d) The names of other children there.
4. What does Franck Lévy tell Julia Jaramond about Sarah?
(a) That he heard from her recently.
(b) That there is no information about her.
(c) That she died.
(d) That he has her address.
5. How does the girl change at Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) She hardens.
(b) She becomes fierce.
(c) She gets sick and becomes weak.
(d) She becomes placid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Julia go to meet Gaspard DuFaure?
2. What makes Julia worry when she gets pregnant?
3. What do the police tell the people?
4. What is Julia's impulse as she talks with William over coffee?
5. What do the police take from the women at Beaune-la-Rolande?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)