|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 123-179.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator explain the fact that Bamber did not know anything about Vel d'Hiv'?
(a) She was old.
(b) She was not Jewish.
(c) She was British.
(d) She was young.
2. How many Jews were deported from Vel d'Hiv' in July 1942?
(b) 1.3 million.
3. Why is the girl angry with her father?
(a) She doesn't think he cares about her brother.
(b) She wants him to fight for her.
(c) She thinks he is preparing to abandon her.
(d) She resents his powerlessness.
4. What did Julia receive from the person she met at the nursing home?
(a) The key to the cubby where Sarah's brother died.
(b) A file on Sarah.
(c) Letters from Sarah to his father.
(d) Photos of Sarah.
5. What does Julia know instinctively about Mame Tézac's apartment?
(a) It had belonged to Jews.
(b) It was haunted.
(c) It was going to be very expensive to restore.
(d) It was where her aunt had locked away her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sirka/Sarah tell the DuFaures after Rachel was taken?
2. What does the narrator say the girl thinks about at her new location?
3. Why are the DuFaures worried about Rachel?
4. What condition does the narrator say the people are in?
5. What does the narrator say about the awareness of the history Julia goes looking for?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)