|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 59-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the restrictions affect the girl?
(a) She was forced to work long hours cleaning the sidewalks.
(b) She could not play in the park.
(c) She could not leave the house.
(d) She was beaten regularly.
2. What do the girl and Rachel take with them from Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) Two other children.
(b) Money from the red-haired policeman.
(c) Food from the commissary.
(d) The names of other children there.
3. What is the girl's mother's reaction to this?
(a) She collapses.
(b) She sobs, but complies.
(c) She yells and carries on.
(d) She flees immediately.
4. What promise does the girl make to her brother?
(a) To be back as soon as possible.
(b) To take care of him.
(c) Never to forget him.
(d) To come back that evening.
5. Who is at the door when there is a knock?
(a) The girl's cousin.
(b) German police.
(c) French police.
(d) A neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Julia Jaramond looking forward to taking over Mame Tézac's apartment?
2. When does the girl think she will see the boy again?
3. What do the police take from the women at Beaune-la-Rolande?
4. What is the girls doing at the beginning of the novel?
5. Where does the girl's father spend time when he is not working?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)