|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 59-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the girl?
2. What does Bertrand tell Julia when she becomes upset about his mother's apartment?
(a) That he knows about the cubby-hole.
(b) That she is imagining things.
(c) To calm down.
(d) That it had been completely gutted.
3. How does the girl change at Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) She hardens.
(b) She becomes placid.
(c) She gets sick and becomes weak.
(d) She becomes fierce.
4. How does the narrator explain the fact that Bamber did not know anything about Vel d'Hiv'?
(a) She was British.
(b) She was old.
(c) She was not Jewish.
(d) She was young.
5. How does the mother change at Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) She collapses from within.
(b) She becomes a shell of her former self.
(c) She gets sick and weak.
(d) She gets fierce.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the girl's brother?
2. What does Julia know instinctively about Mame Tézac's apartment?
3. Where are the people transported to?
4. What kind of food and drink did the girl and her mother find at their new location?
5. What promise does the girl make to her brother?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)