|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 59-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator explain the fact that Bamber did not know anything about Vel d'Hiv'?
(a) She was British.
(b) She was old.
(c) She was young.
(d) She was not Jewish.
2. How does the mother change at Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) She collapses from within.
(b) She gets sick and weak.
(c) She becomes a shell of her former self.
(d) She gets fierce.
3. What happens to the girls during the escape?
(a) They get out without any incidents.
(b) The red-haired policeman catches them.
(c) They are caught and sent back.
(d) They have to kill a guard.
4. How is the family transported away from their neighborhood?
(a) By foot.
(b) By bus.
(c) By cart.
(d) By train.
5. What is the girls doing at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Eavesdropping on her parents.
(b) Hiding in a basement.
(c) Fleeing from Paris.
(d) Being deported to a concentration camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the waiter at the café tell Julia and Bamber about?
2. What does the girl say is clear from the Doctor's demeanor when he comes to treat Rachel?
3. What is the girl's mother's reaction to this?
4. How did the police react when the mother objected to going?
5. What does Rachel become sick with?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)