|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 59-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe how people felt about the girl's family?
(a) They were treated suspected as spies.
(b) They were not noticed.
(c) They were reviled.
(d) They were loved.
2. What does the father tell the girl about their situation?
(a) They have to fight if they're going to survive.
(b) They are being made to pay for someone's sins.
(c) There's nothing they can do.
(d) They are going to die.
3. What does Bertrand tell Julia when she becomes upset about his mother's apartment?
(a) That she is imagining things.
(b) That he knows about the cubby-hole.
(c) To calm down.
(d) That it had been completely gutted.
4. Where does the girl's parents' fear come from?
(a) The Germans.
(b) The fascists.
(c) The aerial bombs.
(d) The economy.
5. How does the narrator describe the red-haired policeman's demeanor when the girl sees him at Beaune-la-Rolande?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the family transported away from their neighborhood?
2. Who is at the door when there is a knock?
3. What happens to the girls during the escape?
4. Who proposes to escape?
5. How did the restrictions affect the girl?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)