|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 59-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the girl and her mother see in the street?
(a) Other professor's families.
(b) Other immigrants.
(c) Other political refugees.
(d) Other Jews.
2. What promise does the girl make to her brother?
(a) To come back that evening.
(b) Never to forget him.
(c) To take care of him.
(d) To be back as soon as possible.
3. What does the waiter at the café tell Julia and Bamber about?
(a) That they should forget all about Vel d'Hiv'.
(b) An old woman who'll remember Vel d'Hiv'.
(c) Where to look for information on Vel d'Hiv' at the National Archives.
(d) His grandparents who were deported from Vel d'Hiv'.
4. How old is the girl?
5. What does the girl do to her brother?
(a) Tells him to run away.
(b) Locks him in a cubby-hole.
(c) Loses sight of him.
(d) Tells him to hide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the girl do to take care of the other children?
2. What does the girl receive from a stranger?
3. What is the girl's father's occupation?
4. What is Mame Tézac suffering?
5. Who is at the door when there is a knock?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)