|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 59-122.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Julia worry when she gets pregnant?
(a) Genetic conditions that ran in her family.
(b) Bertrand's infidelities.
(c) Her miscarriages.
(d) The idea that her children would be Jewish and therefore persecuted.
2. What is stamped on the family's identity cards?
3. Who is at the door when there is a knock?
(a) German police.
(b) French police.
(c) The girl's cousin.
(d) A neighbor.
4. Where does the girl's parents' fear come from?
(a) The Germans.
(b) The economy.
(c) The fascists.
(d) The aerial bombs.
5. What does the girl do to take care of the other children?
(a) Invents games.
(b) Steals from the guards.
(c) Finds food.
(d) Tells stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What promise does the girl make to her brother?
2. What does the father do when the girl and her mother are leaving?
3. What does the father tell the girl about their situation?
4. How does the narrator describe the red-haired policeman's demeanor when the girl sees him at Beaune-la-Rolande?
5. How long had the girl been at this new location before she became ill?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)