|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 123-179.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Vélodrome d' Hiver before it was a holding site for Jews?
(a) A race track.
(b) A ghetto.
(c) A stadium.
(d) A campground.
2. How do the DuFaures respond to what Sarah tells them?
(a) They say that the times are bad.
(b) They say that they did the best they could.
(c) They offer to take her themselves.
(d) They say that it wasn't their crime, and they were powerless to prevent it.
3. What does Bamber notice about Julia?
(a) That she seems to be ill.
(b) That she hasn't been touched by the site at all.
(c) That she looks faint.
(d) That something is wrong.
4. Where are the people transported to?
(a) Back home.
(b) A ghetto.
(c) A bus station.
(d) A train station.
5. What is Julia dismayed by during this next stop?
(a) That so few people seem to know what happened here.
(b) That there are now tourists paying money to be photographed in the ovens.
(c) That the memorial is so small.
(d) That this is where the deportations took place.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the concierge tell the police?
2. What does the narrator say the girl thinks about at her new location?
3. What does Bertrand tell Julia when she becomes upset about his mother's apartment?
4. What do the people do when the orders come?
5. What do the parents tell the girl?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)