|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 180-240.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the DuFaures respond to what Sarah tells them?
(a) They say that they did the best they could.
(b) They say that it wasn't their crime, and they were powerless to prevent it.
(c) They offer to take her themselves.
(d) They say that the times are bad.
2. What does the girl do to take care of the other children?
(a) Steals from the guards.
(b) Finds food.
(c) Tells stories.
(d) Invents games.
3. How does Gaspard DuFaure characterize Sarah?
(a) As happy.
(b) As unhappy.
(c) As depressed.
(d) As preternaturally insightful.
4. What happened then the girl and her family arrived at Beaune-la-Rolande?
(a) The men and women were separated.
(b) Healthy people were separated from sick people.
(c) The people were killed.
(d) The people were put to work.
5. What work did Sarah take in her new home?
(d) Social worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Sarah when the DuFaures lost track of her?
2. How does the narrator describe the conditions at Beaune-la-Rolande?
3. What are the people ordered to do?
4. What do the DuFaures try to do when the police come?
5. Where is Sarah?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)