|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the young black woman who Billy has an affair with in "Skin"?
2. What does Tinker administer to Grace in Scene 12 of "Cleansed"?
3. What refers to that possessing knowledge, especially esoteric knowledge of spiritual matters?
4. In Part 2 of "4.48 Psychosis", the protagonist lists a series of goals, including better self-understanding and what?
5. Which characters are women in "Crave"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the cafe in "Skin"?
2. What theme is central in the play "4.48 Psychosis"? How does this tie to the other plays of the anthology?
3. In what state does the protagonist awaken in Part 2 of "4.48 Psychosis"?
4. How does the protagonist of "4.48 Psychosis" describe death? What treatment does she describe in her past?
5. What plot threads emerge in the second half of "Cleansed"?
6. What character does M take on in the second half of "Crave"? How does A change in Part 2?
7. How does the protagonist of "4.48 Psychosis" resemble Sarah Kane?
8. What is B's central role in "Crave"? What does he express in the ending?
9. What takes place while Billy is at Marcia's apartment in "Skin"?
10. What is the central theme of "Crave"? How is this illustrated through the characters?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Seneca's play Phaedra and the character of Hippolytus. How is Hippolytus described in Seneca's play? How does he differ in "Phaedra's Love"?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of sexual violence in "Blasted". In what other plays in the anthology does this theme take a central role?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the symbolic meaning of the soldier in "Blasted". How does he represent sexual violence in the piece? What was the public reaction to this violence?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)