|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comes from a Turkish word meaning "a chain of wooded mountains"?
2. Who does Billy repeatedly hit with a brick until the police arrive in "Skin"?
3. Who goes to watch the Woman dance in Scene 11 of "Cleansed"?
4. What young skinhead girl opens the door to Billy in "Skin"?
5. The dynamic of C and who has reversed in Part 2 of "Crave"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tinker attempt to help Grace in the second half of "Cleansed"?
2. What theme is central in the play "4.48 Psychosis"? How does this tie to the other plays of the anthology?
3. What is the central theme of "Crave"? How is this illustrated through the characters?
4. Where do the skinheads cause a brawl in "Skin"? Where does Billy flee?
5. What plot threads emerge in the second half of "Cleansed"?
6. In what state does the protagonist awaken in Part 2 of "4.48 Psychosis"?
7. What does the play "4.48 Psychosis" begin with in its opening? What is the protagonist's objective?
8. How does the protagonist of "4.48 Psychosis" resemble Sarah Kane?
9. What is described in the introduction for "4.48 Psychosis"?
10. What acts of love are presented in the ending of "Cleansed"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of mutilation in the play "Cleansed". How does this theme relate to the other plays in the anthology?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of "self-inflicted pain" and the actions of Hippolytus in Scenes 6 and 7 of "Phaedra's Love". In what way does Hippolytus seek his own demise?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the life and career of Sarah Kane. How many plays of Kane's were produced during her lifetime?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)