|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which characters are women in "Crave"?
2. What refers to that possessing knowledge, especially esoteric knowledge of spiritual matters?
3. The dynamic of C and who has reversed in Part 2 of "Crave"?
4. In Scene 8 of "Cleansed", Rod wonders aloud why Carl did what?
5. What does Tinker administer to Grace in Scene 12 of "Cleansed"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the central theme of "Crave"? How does this relate to the other works in the anthology?
2. What is described in the introduction for "4.48 Psychosis"?
3. What does the play "4.48 Psychosis" begin with in its opening? What is the protagonist's objective?
4. Discuss the character dynamic in the first half of "Crave." Who pursues who?
5. What character does M take on in the second half of "Crave"? How does A change in Part 2?
6. What characters are central in the first half of "Crave"? What do they discuss?
7. What does C discuss regarding men and sex in Part 2 of "Crave"?
8. What takes place while Billy is at Marcia's apartment in "Skin"?
9. How does Tinker attempt to help Grace in the second half of "Cleansed"?
10. What theme is central in the play "4.48 Psychosis"? How does this tie to the other plays of the anthology?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of mutilation in the play "Cleansed". How does this theme relate to the other plays in the anthology?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of impossibility of human connection in "Crave". How is this theme reflected in the other works in the anthology?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the setting and physical elements of "Crave". What does the author write by way of stage directions?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)