|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Scene 8 of "Cleansed", Rod wonders aloud why Carl did what?
2. What Lennon/McCartney song do Rod and Carl hear in Scene 13 of "Cleansed"?
3. The protagonist's doctor in "4.48 Psychosis" says he wants her to stop blaming herself for what?
4. How many aspirin does the protagonist down with a bottle of wine in "4.48 Psychosis"?
5. How long is the film "Skin"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What acts of love are presented in the ending of "Cleansed"?
2. Discuss the character dynamic in the first half of "Crave." Who pursues who?
3. What is the central theme of "Crave"? How is this illustrated through the characters?
4. Why is Grace beaten in Scene 10 of "Cleansed"? Who appears to her in this scene?
5. What character does M take on in the second half of "Crave"? How does A change in Part 2?
6. What plot threads emerge in the second half of "Cleansed"?
7. How does Tinker attempt to help Grace in the second half of "Cleansed"?
8. For whom did Kane write "Skin"? Who is the film's central character?
9. What is described in the introduction for "4.48 Psychosis"?
10. What theme is central in the play "4.48 Psychosis"? How does this tie to the other plays of the anthology?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Seneca's play Phaedra and the character of Hippolytus. How is Hippolytus described in Seneca's play? How does he differ in "Phaedra's Love"?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolic meaning of the soldier in "Blasted". How does he represent sexual violence in the piece? What was the public reaction to this violence?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the setting of "Blasted" and its inspiration from the Bosnian/Serbian conflicts during the 1990s. How many "rape camps" were instilled during this time?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)