|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The protagonist of "4.48 Psychosis" paints a bleak portrait of the hospital where she was last treated, all ____ and cloying doctors appraising her.
2. In the final moments of "Crave", C begins to accept what?
3. "Skin" begins in a flat located where?
4. Billy in "Skin" is described as being what?
5. In what room does Scene 12 of "Cleansed" take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tinker attempt to help Grace in the second half of "Cleansed"?
2. What theme is central in the play "4.48 Psychosis"? How does this tie to the other plays of the anthology?
3. Discuss the character dynamic in the first half of "Crave." Who pursues who?
4. What is the central theme of "Crave"? How does this relate to the other works in the anthology?
5. How does the protagonist of "4.48 Psychosis" describe death? What treatment does she describe in her past?
6. Why is Grace beaten in Scene 10 of "Cleansed"? Who appears to her in this scene?
7. What plot threads emerge in the second half of "Cleansed"?
8. How does "4.48 Psychosis" reflect an Aristotilian aesthetic?
9. What character does M take on in the second half of "Crave"? How does A change in Part 2?
10. What is B's central role in "Crave"? What does he express in the ending?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Strophe and Hippolytus in "Phaedra's Love". Is this element reflected in Seneca's play?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the plot structure of "Phaedra's Love". How traditional is the structure? Where is the exposition, rising action, climax and denouement?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of sexual desire in "Phaedra's Love". How is the theme of love perverted by Kane?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)