|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the protagonist of "4.48 Psychosis" always wander into, hoping to see her doctor?
2. Where does Scene 10 of "Cleansed" take place?
3. What does the protagonist of "4.48 Psychosis" want to do?
4. The protagonist of "4.48 Psychosis" paints a bleak portrait of the hospital where she was last treated, all ____ and cloying doctors appraising her.
5. What does A speak in the final moments of "Crave"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place while Billy is at Marcia's apartment in "Skin"?
2. Where do the skinheads cause a brawl in "Skin"? Where does Billy flee?
3. What plot threads emerge in the second half of "Cleansed"?
4. How does the protagonist of "4.48 Psychosis" describe death? What treatment does she describe in her past?
5. Discuss the setting of "Crave." How does the setting evoke the play's themes?
6. In what state does the protagonist awaken in Part 2 of "4.48 Psychosis"?
7. What characters are central in the first half of "Crave"? What do they discuss?
8. What theme is central in the play "4.48 Psychosis"? How does this tie to the other plays of the anthology?
9. What character does M take on in the second half of "Crave"? How does A change in Part 2?
10. What acts of love are presented in the ending of "Cleansed"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the setting and physical elements of "Crave". What does the author write by way of stage directions?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Seneca's play Phaedra and the character of Hippolytus. How is Hippolytus described in Seneca's play? How does he differ in "Phaedra's Love"?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the characters of Phaedra and Strophe in "Phaedra's Love". What is Phaedra's objective in the play? What obstacles does she face?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)