|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. C in "Crave" suspects the only meaningful thing she will do is what?
2. What does Billy show a little black boy in the cafe at breakfast in "Skin"?
3. Who is Billy's old black neighbor in "Skin"?
4. Who is being beaten in Scene 10 of "Cleansed"?
5. What is Billy's old black neighbor tending in the beginning of "Skin"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does C discuss regarding men and sex in Part 2 of "Crave"?
2. Why does Kane cite the atrocities of the world in "4.48 Psychosis"? How does this relate to other plays of the anthology?
3. What theme is central in the play "4.48 Psychosis"? How does this tie to the other plays of the anthology?
4. What does the play "4.48 Psychosis" begin with in its opening? What is the protagonist's objective?
5. For whom did Kane write "Skin"? Who is the film's central character?
6. What is described in the introduction for "4.48 Psychosis"?
7. What is the central theme of "Crave"? How does this relate to the other works in the anthology?
8. What is B's central role in "Crave"? What does he express in the ending?
9. What happens at the cafe in "Skin"?
10. Why is Grace beaten in Scene 10 of "Cleansed"? Who appears to her in this scene?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the plot structure of "Phaedra's Love". How traditional is the structure? Where is the exposition, rising action, climax and denouement?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of mutilation in the play "Cleansed". How does this theme relate to the other plays in the anthology?
Essay Topic 3
Define the literary and dramatic terms "objective," "obstacle," "action," and "conflict." How do each of these apply in Scene 2 in "Blasted"?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)