|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator's room in "4.48 Psychosis" describes her room at that time as crawling with what?
2. Who speaks bitterly of his loss in the final moments of "Crave"?
3. In the second half of "Crave", who discusses the disgust she feels with men and how she needs to be abused to have an orgasm?
4. What does A speak in the final moments of "Crave"?
5. Which characters in "Crave" are men?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place while Billy is at Marcia's apartment in "Skin"?
2. How does the protagonist of "4.48 Psychosis" resemble Sarah Kane?
3. How does "4.48 Psychosis" reflect an Aristotilian aesthetic?
4. Where do the skinheads cause a brawl in "Skin"? Where does Billy flee?
5. What happens at the cafe in "Skin"?
6. What is B's central role in "Crave"? What does he express in the ending?
7. Discuss the setting of "Crave." How does the setting evoke the play's themes?
8. For whom did Kane write "Skin"? Who is the film's central character?
9. How does the protagonist of "4.48 Psychosis" describe death? What treatment does she describe in her past?
10. What is described in the introduction for "4.48 Psychosis"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Strophe and Hippolytus in "Phaedra's Love". Is this element reflected in Seneca's play?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the character of Grace in "Cleansed". What characters in the other plays of the anthology is Grace comparable to? How?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the setting of "Cleansed" and the character of Tinker. How is the setting revealed? Through exposition or through visual elements?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)