|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sits with Tinker and Grace in Scene 12 of "Cleansed"?
2. Billy in "Skin" is described as being what?
3. The dialogue in "Crave" implies that C was sexually abused by whom?
4. In the final moments of "Crave", C begins to accept what?
5. What does the protagonist of "4.48 Psychosis" consider the truest thing she does?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tinker attempt to help Grace in the second half of "Cleansed"?
2. What does the play "4.48 Psychosis" begin with in its opening? What is the protagonist's objective?
3. What characters are central in the first half of "Crave"? What do they discuss?
4. What acts of love are presented in the ending of "Cleansed"?
5. Why does Kane cite the atrocities of the world in "4.48 Psychosis"? How does this relate to other plays of the anthology?
6. For whom did Kane write "Skin"? Who is the film's central character?
7. What plot threads emerge in the second half of "Cleansed"?
8. How does "4.48 Psychosis" reflect an Aristotilian aesthetic?
9. What takes place while Billy is at Marcia's apartment in "Skin"?
10. What theme is central in the play "4.48 Psychosis"? How does this tie to the other plays of the anthology?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character of Cate in "Blasted". What is Cate's objective in coming to the hotel with Ian? How old is she?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the plot structure of "Phaedra's Love". How traditional is the structure? Where is the exposition, rising action, climax and denouement?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of "self-inflicted pain" and the actions of Hippolytus in Scenes 6 and 7 of "Phaedra's Love". In what way does Hippolytus seek his own demise?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)