|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Billy in "Skin" is described as being what?
2. In contrast to A, B is more what in "Crave"?
3. Who represents the damaging male figure that wounded C in "Crave"?
4. In "4.48 Psychosis," the protagonist laments the fact that her mind is forever disconnected from what?
5. Who indicates that he could not go on if his daughter killed herself in Part 2 of "Crave"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What characters are central in the first half of "Crave"? What do they discuss?
2. What does C discuss regarding men and sex in Part 2 of "Crave"?
3. How does Tinker attempt to help Grace in the second half of "Cleansed"?
4. In what state does the protagonist awaken in Part 2 of "4.48 Psychosis"?
5. What is B's central role in "Crave"? What does he express in the ending?
6. How does the protagonist of "4.48 Psychosis" resemble Sarah Kane?
7. Why is Grace beaten in Scene 10 of "Cleansed"? Who appears to her in this scene?
8. What does the play "4.48 Psychosis" begin with in its opening? What is the protagonist's objective?
9. What is the central theme of "Crave"? How does this relate to the other works in the anthology?
10. What is described in the introduction for "4.48 Psychosis"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of impossibility of human connection in "Crave". How is this theme reflected in the other works in the anthology?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of sexual violence in "Blasted". In what other plays in the anthology does this theme take a central role?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the character of Cate in "Blasted". What is Cate's objective in coming to the hotel with Ian? How old is she?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)