|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the second half of "Crave", who discusses the disgust she feels with men and how she needs to be abused to have an orgasm?
2. Who indicates that he could not go on if his daughter killed herself in Part 2 of "Crave"?
3. Who represents the damaging male figure that wounded C in "Crave"?
4. Who does the protagonist wish well before dying in "4.48 Psychosis"?
5. Which characters in "Crave" are men?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the cafe in "Skin"?
2. Where do the skinheads cause a brawl in "Skin"? Where does Billy flee?
3. How does the protagonist of "4.48 Psychosis" describe death? What treatment does she describe in her past?
4. Why does Kane cite the atrocities of the world in "4.48 Psychosis"? How does this relate to other plays of the anthology?
5. How does Tinker attempt to help Grace in the second half of "Cleansed"?
6. In what state does the protagonist awaken in Part 2 of "4.48 Psychosis"?
7. What plot threads emerge in the second half of "Cleansed"?
8. What acts of love are presented in the ending of "Cleansed"?
9. How does "4.48 Psychosis" reflect an Aristotilian aesthetic?
10. What theme is central in the play "4.48 Psychosis"? How does this tie to the other plays of the anthology?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the symbolic meaning of the soldier in "Blasted". How does he represent sexual violence in the piece? What was the public reaction to this violence?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the life and career of Sarah Kane. How many plays of Kane's were produced during her lifetime?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the setting and physical elements of "Crave". What does the author write by way of stage directions?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)