|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to the genocide of approximately six million European Jews during World War II?
2. The dialogue in "Crave" implies that C was sexually abused by whom?
3. Who tells C that she has lost him in Part 2 of "Crave"?
4. What young skinhead girl opens the door to Billy in "Skin"?
5. Who sits with Tinker and Grace in Scene 12 of "Cleansed"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what state does the protagonist awaken in Part 2 of "4.48 Psychosis"?
2. What is the central theme of "Crave"? How does this relate to the other works in the anthology?
3. What characters are central in the first half of "Crave"? What do they discuss?
4. How does the protagonist of "4.48 Psychosis" resemble Sarah Kane?
5. Why is Grace beaten in Scene 10 of "Cleansed"? Who appears to her in this scene?
6. What is the central theme of "Crave"? How is this illustrated through the characters?
7. What is B's central role in "Crave"? What does he express in the ending?
8. For whom did Kane write "Skin"? Who is the film's central character?
9. What acts of love are presented in the ending of "Cleansed"?
10. How does the protagonist of "4.48 Psychosis" describe death? What treatment does she describe in her past?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define the literary and dramatic terms "objective," "obstacle," "action," and "conflict." How do each of these apply in Scene 2 in "Blasted"?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the character of Grace in "Cleansed". What characters in the other plays of the anthology is Grace comparable to? How?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of sexual violence in "Blasted". In what other plays in the anthology does this theme take a central role?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)