|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Billy's old black neighbor in "Skin"?
2. In "4.48 Psychosis," the protagonist laments the fact that her mind is forever disconnected from what?
3. Who speaks bitterly of his loss in the final moments of "Crave"?
4. In the final moments of "Crave", C begins to accept what?
5. The dynamic of C and who has reversed in Part 2 of "Crave"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What character does M take on in the second half of "Crave"? How does A change in Part 2?
2. How does "4.48 Psychosis" reflect an Aristotilian aesthetic?
3. Discuss the setting of "Crave." How does the setting evoke the play's themes?
4. How does the protagonist of "4.48 Psychosis" describe death? What treatment does she describe in her past?
5. How does the protagonist of "4.48 Psychosis" resemble Sarah Kane?
6. What is the central theme of "Crave"? How is this illustrated through the characters?
7. What acts of love are presented in the ending of "Cleansed"?
8. What is the central theme of "Crave"? How does this relate to the other works in the anthology?
9. In what state does the protagonist awaken in Part 2 of "4.48 Psychosis"?
10. What takes place while Billy is at Marcia's apartment in "Skin"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the plot structure of "Phaedra's Love". How traditional is the structure? Where is the exposition, rising action, climax and denouement?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the character of Grace in "Cleansed". What characters in the other plays of the anthology is Grace comparable to? How?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Seneca's play Phaedra and the character of Hippolytus. How is Hippolytus described in Seneca's play? How does he differ in "Phaedra's Love"?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)