|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does A speak in the final moments of "Crave"?
2. The dialogue in "Crave" implies that C was sexually abused by whom?
3. What sprouts across the stage as Tinker enters in Scene 10 of "Cleansed"?
4. What refers to the genocide of approximately six million European Jews during World War II?
5. Where do the skinheads cause a brawl in "Skin"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is B's central role in "Crave"? What does he express in the ending?
2. What takes place while Billy is at Marcia's apartment in "Skin"?
3. How does Tinker attempt to help Grace in the second half of "Cleansed"?
4. What is described in the introduction for "4.48 Psychosis"?
5. For whom did Kane write "Skin"? Who is the film's central character?
6. In what state does the protagonist awaken in Part 2 of "4.48 Psychosis"?
7. How does the protagonist of "4.48 Psychosis" resemble Sarah Kane?
8. What theme is central in the play "4.48 Psychosis"? How does this tie to the other plays of the anthology?
9. What is the central theme of "Crave"? How is this illustrated through the characters?
10. Why does Kane cite the atrocities of the world in "4.48 Psychosis"? How does this relate to other plays of the anthology?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of sexual violence in "Blasted". In what other plays in the anthology does this theme take a central role?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of sexual desire in "Phaedra's Love". How is the theme of love perverted by Kane?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Seneca's play Phaedra and the character of Hippolytus. How is Hippolytus described in Seneca's play? How does he differ in "Phaedra's Love"?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)