|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The protagonist of "4.48 Psychosis" reasons that only those who believe in God are considered what?
2. In "4.48 Psychosis," the protagonist laments the fact that her mind is forever disconnected from what?
3. What does C do every time A gushes about his love and desire for her in "Crave"?
4. What refers to that possessing knowledge, especially esoteric knowledge of spiritual matters?
5. In Part 2 of "Crave", C and M discuss physical manifestations of depression, from nausea to what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does "4.48 Psychosis" reflect an Aristotilian aesthetic?
2. In what state does the protagonist awaken in Part 2 of "4.48 Psychosis"?
3. How does Tinker attempt to help Grace in the second half of "Cleansed"?
4. How does the protagonist of "4.48 Psychosis" resemble Sarah Kane?
5. Where do the skinheads cause a brawl in "Skin"? Where does Billy flee?
6. What acts of love are presented in the ending of "Cleansed"?
7. What plot threads emerge in the second half of "Cleansed"?
8. How does the protagonist of "4.48 Psychosis" describe death? What treatment does she describe in her past?
9. What happens at the cafe in "Skin"?
10. What theme is central in the play "4.48 Psychosis"? How does this tie to the other plays of the anthology?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character of Cate in "Blasted". What is Cate's objective in coming to the hotel with Ian? How old is she?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Strophe and Hippolytus in "Phaedra's Love". Is this element reflected in Seneca's play?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss and describe the characters of Carl and Rod in the narrative as well as the theme of forbidden love. How do Carl and Rod represent this theme?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)