|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the skinheads cause a brawl in "Skin"?
2. In Scene 8 of "Cleansed", Rod wonders aloud why Carl did what?
3. In "4.48 Psychosis," the protagonist laments the fact that her mind is forever disconnected from what?
4. In Part 2 of "4.48 Psychosis", the protagonist counts down from 100 by what?
5. The protagonist of "4.48 Psychosis" claims that at 4:48 a.m., everything becomes what for a time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is B's central role in "Crave"? What does he express in the ending?
2. What plot threads emerge in the second half of "Cleansed"?
3. For whom did Kane write "Skin"? Who is the film's central character?
4. Discuss the character dynamic in the first half of "Crave." Who pursues who?
5. What acts of love are presented in the ending of "Cleansed"?
6. How does "4.48 Psychosis" reflect an Aristotilian aesthetic?
7. Where do the skinheads cause a brawl in "Skin"? Where does Billy flee?
8. What theme is central in the play "4.48 Psychosis"? How does this tie to the other plays of the anthology?
9. What is the central theme of "Crave"? How is this illustrated through the characters?
10. What character does M take on in the second half of "Crave"? How does A change in Part 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the setting of "Cleansed" and the character of Tinker. How is the setting revealed? Through exposition or through visual elements?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and describe the characters of Carl and Rod in the narrative as well as the theme of forbidden love. How do Carl and Rod represent this theme?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of "self-inflicted pain" and the actions of Hippolytus in Scenes 6 and 7 of "Phaedra's Love". In what way does Hippolytus seek his own demise?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)