|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes to watch the Woman dance in Scene 11 of "Cleansed"?
2. In Part 1 of "Crave", M describes getting drunk and sleeping with strangers until what?
3. What refers to people native to the Middle East, mostly inhabiting a region known as Kurdistan, which includes adjacent parts of Iran, Iraq, Syria, and Turkey?
4. In the final moments of "Crave", C begins to accept what?
5. How many aspirin does the protagonist down with a bottle of wine in "4.48 Psychosis"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Grace beaten in Scene 10 of "Cleansed"? Who appears to her in this scene?
2. What happens at the cafe in "Skin"?
3. What plot threads emerge in the second half of "Cleansed"?
4. What is B's central role in "Crave"? What does he express in the ending?
5. What is described in the introduction for "4.48 Psychosis"?
6. What is the central theme of "Crave"? How is this illustrated through the characters?
7. What theme is central in the play "4.48 Psychosis"? How does this tie to the other plays of the anthology?
8. Why does Kane cite the atrocities of the world in "4.48 Psychosis"? How does this relate to other plays of the anthology?
9. Discuss the character dynamic in the first half of "Crave." Who pursues who?
10. What character does M take on in the second half of "Crave"? How does A change in Part 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of mutilation in the play "Cleansed". How does this theme relate to the other plays in the anthology?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the character of Cate in "Blasted". What is Cate's objective in coming to the hotel with Ian? How old is she?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the plot structure of "Blasted". Who is the protagonist of the play? How is this indicated?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)