|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Billy repeatedly hit with a brick until the police arrive in "Skin"?
2. In Part 2 of "4.48 Psychosis", the protagonist counts down from 100 by what?
3. The character C in "Crave" no longer speaks to whom?
4. What does the protagonist of "4.48 Psychosis" consider the truest thing she does?
5. Who speaks bitterly of his loss in the final moments of "Crave"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character of Grace in "Cleansed". What characters in the other plays of the anthology is Grace comparable to? How?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the symbolic meaning of the soldier in "Blasted". How does he represent sexual violence in the piece? What was the public reaction to this violence?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of "self-inflicted pain" and the actions of Hippolytus in Scenes 6 and 7 of "Phaedra's Love". In what way does Hippolytus seek his own demise?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)