Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to having the form and musical quality of a song, and especially the character of a song-like outpouring of the poet's own thoughts and feelings, as distinguished from epic and dramatic?
2. What is the name of the young black woman who Billy has an affair with in "Skin"?
3. What does Tinker administer to Grace in Scene 12 of "Cleansed"?
4. Who cuts off Carl's hands in Scene 8 of "Cleansed"?
5. Who goes to watch the Woman dance in Scene 11 of "Cleansed"?
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the plot structure of "Blasted". Who is the protagonist of the play? How is this indicated?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Strophe and Hippolytus in "Phaedra's Love". Is this element reflected in Seneca's play?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the characters of Phaedra and Strophe in "Phaedra's Love". What is Phaedra's objective in the play? What obstacles does she face?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)