Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refers to having the form and musical quality of a song, and especially the character of a song-like outpouring of the poet's own thoughts and feelings, as distinguished from epic and dramatic?
2. What is the name of the young black woman who Billy has an affair with in "Skin"?
3. What does Tinker administer to Grace in Scene 12 of "Cleansed"?
4. Who cuts off Carl's hands in Scene 8 of "Cleansed"?
5. Who goes to watch the Woman dance in Scene 11 of "Cleansed"?
Discuss the theme of sexual desire in "Phaedra's Love". How is the theme of love perverted by Kane?
Discuss the symbolic meaning of the soldier in "Blasted". How does he represent sexual violence in the piece? What was the public reaction to this violence?
Describe the character of Cate in "Blasted". What is Cate's objective in coming to the hotel with Ian? How old is she?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)