|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Sarah Kane born?
2. What does Grace ask Robin if he can do in Scene 3 of "Cleansed"?
3. When the soldier demands that Ian, as a journalist, report the atrocities he has told him in "Blasted", what does Ian reply?
4. What does Ian do for Cate when she is aching in Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
5. What does Phaedra enter with in Scene 4 of "Phaedra's Love"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conversation takes place between Ian and Cate when they first arrive at the hotel in "Blasted"?
2. What is Hippolytus doing in the beginning of Scene 4 of "Phaedra's Love"? What does Phaedra enter with?
3. What is the symbolic and thematic center of "Cleansed"?
4. Describe the setting at the beginning of Scene 3 of "Blasted." What does the soldier ask Ian?
5. Describe the dynamic between Ian and Cate in Scene 1 of "Blasted." How are these characters different?
6. What are Carl and Rod discussing in Scene 2 of "Cleansed"?
7. What does Phaedra tell Hippolytus in Scene 4 of "Phaedra's Love"? What is his response?
8. Why does Phaedra consult a doctor about Hippolytus in Scene 2 of "Phaedra's Love"?
9. What does Strophe do when she discovers who Phaedra is infatuated with in "Phaedra's Love"?
10. Describe the setting of "Phaedra's Love". Upon what play is the story based?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the setting and physical elements of "Crave". What does the author write by way of stage directions?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the character of Grace in "Cleansed". What characters in the other plays of the anthology is Grace comparable to? How?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the setting of "Cleansed" and the character of Tinker. How is the setting revealed? Through exposition or through visual elements?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)