|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the prince in "Phaedra's Love"?
2. Who is being beaten in Scene 4 of "Cleansed"?
3. What industry does Cate say she is trying to get into in "Blasted"?
4. When did Sarah Kane die?
5. When did the Bosnian War begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the setting of "Blasted"? What characters enter in Scene 1?
2. What is described in the introduction for "4.48 Psychosis"?
3. What does Phaedra tell Hippolytus in Scene 4 of "Phaedra's Love"? What is his response?
4. What conversation takes place between Ian and Cate when they first arrive at the hotel in "Blasted"?
5. What aspects of Ian's personality are revealed in Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
6. What does Strophe do when she discovers who Phaedra is infatuated with in "Phaedra's Love"?
7. What does Strophe reveal happened to Phaedra in Scene 5 of "Phaedra's Love"? How does Hippolytus respond?
8. How does the protagonist of "4.48 Psychosis" resemble Sarah Kane?
9. What is the central theme of "Crave"? How is this illustrated through the characters?
10. Why does Phaedra consult a doctor about Hippolytus in Scene 2 of "Phaedra's Love"?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the characters of Phaedra and Strophe in "Phaedra's Love". What is Phaedra's objective in the play? What obstacles does she face?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of sexual violence in "Blasted". In what other plays in the anthology does this theme take a central role?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the plot structure of "Blasted". Who is the protagonist of the play? How is this indicated?
This section contains 1,237 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)