|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has destroyed the hotel room in Scene 3 of "Blasted"?
2. What does Tinker do after putting Grace to bed in Scene 3 of "Cleansed"?
3. How do the citizens feel about Hippolytus in Scene 8 of "Phaedra's Love"?
4. What does the soldier do after raping and torturing Ian in "Blasted"?
5. What does the soldier do with Ian's gun in Scene 3 of "Blasted"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does C discuss regarding men and sex in Part 2 of "Crave"?
2. Discuss the setting of "Crave." How does the setting evoke the play's themes?
3. What is the central theme of "Crave"? How is this illustrated through the characters?
4. Who does Grace meet with in Scene 3 of "Cleansed"? Where do they meet?
5. Who visits Hippolytus in Scene 6 of "Phaedra's Love"? What does Hippolytus tell him?
6. What does Phaedra tell Hippolytus in Scene 4 of "Phaedra's Love"? What is his response?
7. What characters are central in the first half of "Crave"? What do they discuss?
8. What does Strophe reveal happened to Phaedra in Scene 5 of "Phaedra's Love"? How does Hippolytus respond?
9. How does Hippolytus take on the role of protagonist in "Phaedra's Love"?
10. What is Ian's principle objective in Scene 1 of "Blasted"? What tactics does he employ?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of sexual desire in "Phaedra's Love". How is the theme of love perverted by Kane?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of mutilation in the play "Cleansed". How does this theme relate to the other plays in the anthology?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of sexual violence in "Blasted". In what other plays in the anthology does this theme take a central role?
This section contains 1,347 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)