|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Bosnian War end?
2. In Scene 3 of "Blasted", the soldier tells a story of raping all the women in a civilian family before doing what?
3. Where does Scene 4 of "Cleansed" take place?
4. How many screenplays did Sarah Kane write?
5. Why does Phaedra seek a doctor regarding Hippolytus in "Phaedra's Love"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ian restrain Cate in the room in Scene 2 of "Blasted"? What does he say to make her stay?
2. What is Ian's principle objective in Scene 1 of "Blasted"? What tactics does he employ?
3. What is the setting of "Blasted"? What characters enter in Scene 1?
4. Who visits Hippolytus in Scene 6 of "Phaedra's Love"? What does Hippolytus tell him?
5. What is the central theme of "Phaedra's Love"?
6. How does Tinker's character evolve in "Cleansed"? What is his central objective?
7. What do Carl and Rod represent symbolically in "Cleansed"?
8. What is the symbolic and thematic center of "Cleansed"?
9. What is the focus of "Blasted" following the soldier's suicide?
10. How does the soldier describe his girlfriend's death in Scene 3 of "Blasted"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of sexual desire in "Phaedra's Love". How is the theme of love perverted by Kane?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the setting and physical elements of "Crave". What does the author write by way of stage directions?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the character of Grace in "Cleansed". What characters in the other plays of the anthology is Grace comparable to? How?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)