|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Scene 4 of "Cleansed" take place?
2. How old is Robin in "Cleansed"?
3. What does Cate report about Leeds in Scene 4 of "Blasted"?
4. Who does the soldier say raped and murdered his girlfriend?
5. Strophe says that she would die for what in Scene 5 of "Phaedra's Love"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Strophe reveal happened to Phaedra in Scene 5 of "Phaedra's Love"? How does Hippolytus respond?
2. What is the setting of "Blasted"? What characters enter in Scene 1?
3. What does the public want to do to Hippolytus in Scene 5 of "Phaedra's Love"? What does Hippolytus reveal to Strophe?
4. How does Tinker's character evolve in "Cleansed"? What is his central objective?
5. Discuss the staging of "Phaedra's Love." What elements would make staging difficult?
6. Who visits Hippolytus in Scene 6 of "Phaedra's Love"? What does Hippolytus tell him?
7. How does Hippolytus take on the role of protagonist in "Phaedra's Love"?
8. In what way does the soldier torture Ian after raping him in Scene 3 of "Blasted"?
9. What is the symbolic and thematic center of "Cleansed"?
10. What are Carl and Rod discussing in Scene 2 of "Cleansed"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the characters of Phaedra and Strophe in "Phaedra's Love". What is Phaedra's objective in the play? What obstacles does she face?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the setting and physical elements of "Crave". What does the author write by way of stage directions?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the setting of "Cleansed" and the character of Tinker. How is the setting revealed? Through exposition or through visual elements?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)