|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Scene 4 of "Cleansed" take place?
2. Grace is whose twin sister in "Cleansed"?
3. What does Hippolytus realize Phaedra's accusation was to him in Scene 5 of "Phaedra's Love"?
4. Where does Scene 3 of "Cleansed" take place?
5. Where is the hotel room in which "Blasted" takes place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Phaedra tell Hippolytus in Scene 4 of "Phaedra's Love"? What is his response?
2. How does Ian restrain Cate in the room in Scene 2 of "Blasted"? What does he say to make her stay?
3. What do Carl and Rod represent symbolically in "Cleansed"?
4. What is Sarah Kane's purpose in showing such graphic violence in "Blasted"?
5. How is Ian's job illustrated in Scene 1 of "Blasted"? What history between Ian and Cate is revealed through exposition?
6. What does Cate do while Ian is in the bathroom in Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
7. What does the public want to do to Hippolytus in Scene 5 of "Phaedra's Love"? What does Hippolytus reveal to Strophe?
8. Who visits Hippolytus in Scene 6 of "Phaedra's Love"? What does Hippolytus tell him?
9. What is the setting of "Blasted"? What characters enter in Scene 1?
10. What does Strophe do when she discovers who Phaedra is infatuated with in "Phaedra's Love"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character of Cate in "Blasted". What is Cate's objective in coming to the hotel with Ian? How old is she?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the setting and physical elements of "Crave". What does the author write by way of stage directions?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of impossibility of human connection in "Crave". How is this theme reflected in the other works in the anthology?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)