|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has destroyed the hotel room in Scene 3 of "Blasted"?
2. What does Tinker give Grace before leaving in Scene 3 of "Cleansed"?
3. What is Hippolytus examining in the opening of Scene 5 of "Phaedra's Love"?
4. Who are amongst the crowd in disguise in Scene 8 of "Phaedra's Love"?
5. What does Phaedra eventually tell Hippolytus in Scene 4 of "Phaedra's Love"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tinker's character evolve in "Cleansed"? What is his central objective?
2. What does Cate do while Ian is in the bathroom in Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
3. Who does Grace meet with in Scene 3 of "Cleansed"? Where do they meet?
4. Who visits Hippolytus in Scene 6 of "Phaedra's Love"? What does Hippolytus tell him?
5. What does the public want to do to Hippolytus in Scene 5 of "Phaedra's Love"? What does Hippolytus reveal to Strophe?
6. What does Strophe do when she discovers who Phaedra is infatuated with in "Phaedra's Love"?
7. In what way does the soldier torture Ian after raping him in Scene 3 of "Blasted"?
8. How is Ian's job illustrated in Scene 1 of "Blasted"? What history between Ian and Cate is revealed through exposition?
9. Where is the opening of "Cleansed" set? Who is in the first scene?
10. What does Strophe tell Hippolytus when she enters in Scene 5 of "Phaedra's Love"? What is his response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the plot structure of "Phaedra's Love". How traditional is the structure? Where is the exposition, rising action, climax and denouement?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of sexual desire in "Phaedra's Love". How is the theme of love perverted by Kane?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the life and career of Sarah Kane. How many plays of Kane's were produced during her lifetime?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)