Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the prince in "Phaedra's Love"?
2. Who is being beaten in Scene 4 of "Cleansed"?
3. What industry does Cate say she is trying to get into in "Blasted"?
4. When did Sarah Kane die?
5. When did the Bosnian War begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the setting of "Blasted"? What characters enter in Scene 1?
2. What is described in the introduction for "4.48 Psychosis"?
3. What does Phaedra tell Hippolytus in Scene 4 of "Phaedra's Love"? What is his response?
4. What conversation takes place between Ian and Cate when they first arrive at the hotel in "Blasted"?
5. What aspects of Ian's personality are revealed in Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
6. What does Strophe do when she discovers who Phaedra is infatuated with in "Phaedra's Love"?
7. What does Strophe reveal happened to Phaedra in Scene 5 of "Phaedra's Love"? How does Hippolytus respond?
8. How does the protagonist of "4.48 Psychosis" resemble Sarah Kane?
9. What is the central theme of "Crave"? How is this illustrated through the characters?
10. Why does Phaedra consult a doctor about Hippolytus in Scene 2 of "Phaedra's Love"?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the setting and physical elements of "Crave". What does the author write by way of stage directions?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of mutilation in the play "Cleansed". How does this theme relate to the other plays in the anthology?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Seneca's play Phaedra and the character of Hippolytus. How is Hippolytus described in Seneca's play? How does he differ in "Phaedra's Love"?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)