|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The protagonist of "4.48 Psychosis" paints a bleak portrait of the hospital where she was last treated, all ____ and cloying doctors appraising her.
2. The depression of the protagonist in "4.48 Psychosis" renders her unable to do anything, even sex or what?
3. In Part 2 of "Crave", C and M discuss physical manifestations of depression, from nausea to what?
4. The protagonist of "4.48 Psychosis" reasons that only those who believe in God are considered what?
5. Who browbeats the protagonist for drinking too much and sleeping around in Part 2 of "Crave"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what room does Scene 12 of "Cleansed" take place?
2. What is Billy's old black neighbor tending in the beginning of "Skin"?
3. How long is the film "Skin"?
4. What does Tinker administer to Grace in Scene 12 of "Cleansed"?
5. Who does the protagonist wish well before dying in "4.48 Psychosis"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tinker attempt to help Grace in the second half of "Cleansed"?
2. How does the protagonist of "4.48 Psychosis" describe death? What treatment does she describe in her past?
3. How does the protagonist of "4.48 Psychosis" resemble Sarah Kane?
4. What is described in the introduction for "4.48 Psychosis"?
5. Discuss the setting of "Crave." How does the setting evoke the play's themes?
6. In what state does the protagonist awaken in Part 2 of "4.48 Psychosis"?
7. What characters are central in the first half of "Crave"? What do they discuss?
8. What does C discuss regarding men and sex in Part 2 of "Crave"?
9. Why does Kane cite the atrocities of the world in "4.48 Psychosis"? How does this relate to other plays of the anthology?
10. What theme is central in the play "4.48 Psychosis"? How does this tie to the other plays of the anthology?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)