|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor tell the protagonist in Part 2 of "4.48 Psychosis"?
(a) He told her mother about them.
(b) He is married.
(c) He loves her.
(d) He can't be her friend.
2. Where does Scene 11 of "Cleansed" take place?
(a) The white room.
(b) The red room.
(c) The black room.
(d) The round room.
3. Who does the protagonist wish well before dying in "4.48 Psychosis"?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her sister.
4. Who speaks bitterly of his loss in the final moments of "Crave"?
5. Who is Billy's old black neighbor in "Skin"?
Short Answer Questions
1. The protagonist of "4.48 Psychosis" claims that at 4:48 a.m., everything becomes what for a time?
2. In Part 2 of "4.48 Psychosis", the protagonist counts down from 100 by what?
3. What refers to the genocide of approximately six million European Jews during World War II?
4. What does Billy show a little black boy in the cafe at breakfast in "Skin"?
5. In Part 2 of "4.48 Psychosis", the protagonist lists a series of goals, including better self-understanding and what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the cafe in "Skin"?
2. Discuss the character dynamic in the first half of "Crave." Who pursues who?
3. What takes place while Billy is at Marcia's apartment in "Skin"?
4. What does C discuss regarding men and sex in Part 2 of "Crave"?
5. Where do the skinheads cause a brawl in "Skin"? Where does Billy flee?
6. Why does Kane cite the atrocities of the world in "4.48 Psychosis"? How does this relate to other plays of the anthology?
7. How does Tinker attempt to help Grace in the second half of "Cleansed"?
8. What theme is central in the play "4.48 Psychosis"? How does this tie to the other plays of the anthology?
9. How does the protagonist of "4.48 Psychosis" describe death? What treatment does she describe in her past?
10. Why is Grace beaten in Scene 10 of "Cleansed"? Who appears to her in this scene?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)