|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does A speak in the final moments of "Crave"?
(a) A speach.
(b) The words "I love you."
(d) A prayer.
2. What Lennon/McCartney song do Rod and Carl hear in Scene 13 of "Cleansed"?
(a) "Things We Said Today."
(b) "A Day in the Life."
(c) "Hey Jude."
(d) "Octopus's Garden."
3. The protagonist of "4.48 Psychosis" paints a bleak portrait of the hospital where she was last treated, all ____ and cloying doctors appraising her.
4. Over breakfast, Billy comments on the ingredients of what in "Skin"?
(b) Blood pudding.
(d) Hash browns.
5. Who does Billy repeatedly hit with a brick until the police arrive in "Skin"?
(a) A groomsman.
(b) A little girl.
(c) The groom.
(d) The bride.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy show a little black boy in the cafe at breakfast in "Skin"?
2. What refers to having the form and musical quality of a song, and especially the character of a song-like outpouring of the poet's own thoughts and feelings, as distinguished from epic and dramatic?
3. Who indicates that he could not go on if his daughter killed herself in Part 2 of "Crave"?
4. Who does the protagonist imagine waking to find her dead in "4.48 Psychosis"?
5. What does C do every time A gushes about his love and desire for her in "Crave"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the protagonist of "4.48 Psychosis" describe death? What treatment does she describe in her past?
2. How does "4.48 Psychosis" reflect an Aristotilian aesthetic?
3. What characters are central in the first half of "Crave"? What do they discuss?
4. Where do the skinheads cause a brawl in "Skin"? Where does Billy flee?
5. Why does Kane cite the atrocities of the world in "4.48 Psychosis"? How does this relate to other plays of the anthology?
6. What does the play "4.48 Psychosis" begin with in its opening? What is the protagonist's objective?
7. What theme is central in the play "4.48 Psychosis"? How does this tie to the other plays of the anthology?
8. Discuss the character dynamic in the first half of "Crave." Who pursues who?
9. What acts of love are presented in the ending of "Cleansed"?
10. What is the central theme of "Crave"? How is this illustrated through the characters?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)