|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There are no what in "Crave"?
(c) Stage directions.
2. In "Crave", C is clearly a woman who has been damaged by what?
(a) A former murder conviction.
(b) An abusive childhood.
(c) The government.
(d) The brutality of war.
3. Who does the protagonist imagine waking to find her dead in "4.48 Psychosis"?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her lover.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her brother.
4. How long is the film "Skin"?
(a) 35 minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 16 minutes.
(d) 22 minutes.
5. Who speaks bitterly of his loss in the final moments of "Crave"?
Short Answer Questions
1. The protagonist of "4.48 Psychosis" claims that at 4:48 a.m., everything becomes what for a time?
2. What refers to people native to the Middle East, mostly inhabiting a region known as Kurdistan, which includes adjacent parts of Iran, Iraq, Syria, and Turkey?
3. Who cuts off Carl's hands in Scene 8 of "Cleansed"?
4. Where does Scene 10 of "Cleansed" take place?
5. Which characters are women in "Crave"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what state does the protagonist awaken in Part 2 of "4.48 Psychosis"?
2. Discuss the character dynamic in the first half of "Crave." Who pursues who?
3. Discuss the setting of "Crave." How does the setting evoke the play's themes?
4. How does Tinker attempt to help Grace in the second half of "Cleansed"?
5. How does the protagonist of "4.48 Psychosis" resemble Sarah Kane?
6. What is the central theme of "Crave"? How does this relate to the other works in the anthology?
7. What plot threads emerge in the second half of "Cleansed"?
8. What does C discuss regarding men and sex in Part 2 of "Crave"?
9. What takes place while Billy is at Marcia's apartment in "Skin"?
10. How does the protagonist of "4.48 Psychosis" describe death? What treatment does she describe in her past?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)