|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy show a little black boy in the cafe at breakfast in "Skin"?
(a) A swastika.
(b) A dagger.
(c) A peace sign.
(d) A rope.
2. In the final moments of "Crave", C begins to accept what?
(a) Her life.
(b) Her own demise.
(d) A's personality.
3. For whom did Sarah Kane write the film "Skin"?
(a) Channel 4.
(b) Channel 8.
(c) Channel 7.
(d) Channel 13.
4. Where does the protagonist of "4.48 Psychosis" always wander into, hoping to see her doctor?
(a) A bookstore.
(b) A library.
(c) A grocery store.
(d) A pub.
5. What young skinhead girl opens the door to Billy in "Skin"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tinker administer to Grace in Scene 12 of "Cleansed"?
2. Who represents the damaging male figure that wounded C in "Crave"?
3. What refers to having the form and musical quality of a song, and especially the character of a song-like outpouring of the poet's own thoughts and feelings, as distinguished from epic and dramatic?
4. Who indicates that he could not go on if his daughter killed herself in Part 2 of "Crave"?
5. In Part 2 of "4.48 Psychosis", the protagonist counts down from 100 by what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Grace beaten in Scene 10 of "Cleansed"? Who appears to her in this scene?
2. What plot threads emerge in the second half of "Cleansed"?
3. Why does Kane cite the atrocities of the world in "4.48 Psychosis"? How does this relate to other plays of the anthology?
4. Discuss the setting of "Crave." How does the setting evoke the play's themes?
5. In what state does the protagonist awaken in Part 2 of "4.48 Psychosis"?
6. What theme is central in the play "4.48 Psychosis"? How does this tie to the other plays of the anthology?
7. What happens at the cafe in "Skin"?
8. What does C discuss regarding men and sex in Part 2 of "Crave"?
9. For whom did Kane write "Skin"? Who is the film's central character?
10. What is described in the introduction for "4.48 Psychosis"?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)