|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is being beaten in Scene 10 of "Cleansed"?
2. The narrator's room in "4.48 Psychosis" describes her room at that time as crawling with what?
3. The protagonist of "4.48 Psychosis" paints a bleak portrait of the hospital where she was last treated, all ____ and cloying doctors appraising her.
4. Who cuts off Carl's hands in Scene 8 of "Cleansed"?
5. Where do the skinheads cause a brawl in "Skin"?
(a) A Greek wedding.
(b) A black wedding.
(c) A Hindu wedding.
(d) An Indian wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does A speak in the final moments of "Crave"?
2. At the mid-point of "Crave", A is lamenting what?
3. Who speaks bitterly of his loss in the final moments of "Crave"?
4. Who represents the damaging male figure that wounded C in "Crave"?
5. What does C do every time A gushes about his love and desire for her in "Crave"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the play "4.48 Psychosis" begin with in its opening? What is the protagonist's objective?
2. For whom did Kane write "Skin"? Who is the film's central character?
3. How does the protagonist of "4.48 Psychosis" resemble Sarah Kane?
4. Why does Kane cite the atrocities of the world in "4.48 Psychosis"? How does this relate to other plays of the anthology?
5. Discuss the setting of "Crave." How does the setting evoke the play's themes?
6. What takes place while Billy is at Marcia's apartment in "Skin"?
7. What character does M take on in the second half of "Crave"? How does A change in Part 2?
8. How does the protagonist of "4.48 Psychosis" describe death? What treatment does she describe in her past?
9. What does C discuss regarding men and sex in Part 2 of "Crave"?
10. Why is Grace beaten in Scene 10 of "Cleansed"? Who appears to her in this scene?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)