|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 8 of "Phaedra's Love", Theseus riles the crowd by suggesting that Hippolytus may be what?
(b) Made king.
(d) A god.
2. How old is Robin in "Cleansed"?
3. Cate is described as being what in "Blasted"?
4. What does Ian ask Cate when he begins eating breakfast in Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
(a) For money.
(b) To never speak to him again.
(c) To stay another day.
(d) For oral sex.
5. What does Grace ask Robin if he can do in Scene 3 of "Cleansed"?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hippolytus emerges in Scene 8 of "Phaedra's Love", Theseus kisses him and does what?
2. What does Cate tell Ian is not the end of the world in Scene 4 of "Blasted"?
3. What does Cate bring with her when she returns to the hotel in Scene 4 of "Blasted"?
4. What season is it in Scene 2 of "Cleansed"?
5. Where was Sarah Kane born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place in the opening of Scene 2 of "Blasted"? How much time elapsed from Scene 1?
2. What does Strophe reveal happened to Phaedra in Scene 5 of "Phaedra's Love"? How does Hippolytus respond?
3. What does Cate do while Ian is in the bathroom in Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
4. Who visits Hippolytus in Scene 6 of "Phaedra's Love"? What does Hippolytus tell him?
5. How does Hippolytus take on the role of protagonist in "Phaedra's Love"?
6. Why does Phaedra consult a doctor about Hippolytus in Scene 2 of "Phaedra's Love"?
7. What is Ian's principle objective in Scene 1 of "Blasted"? What tactics does he employ?
8. What does Strophe tell Hippolytus when she enters in Scene 5 of "Phaedra's Love"? What is his response?
9. Describe the dynamic between Ian and Cate in Scene 1 of "Blasted." How are these characters different?
10. What is the focus of "Blasted" following the soldier's suicide?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)