|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sexually transmitted disease does Hippolytus tell Phaedra he has in "Phaedra's Love"?
2. Ian claims in Scene 2 of "Blasted" that every awful thing he has done was for what?
(a) The government.
3. Who deduces that Phaedra is in love with Hippolytus in Scene 3 of "Phaedra's Love"?
4. When did the Bosnian War begin?
5. Strophe says that she would die for what in Scene 5 of "Phaedra's Love"?
(a) A true love.
(b) The royal family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the priest perform in Scene 6 of "Phaedra's Love"?
2. What industry does Cate say she is trying to get into in "Blasted"?
3. In Scene 2 of "Blasted", Ian attempts to hide Cate from the soldier, but the soldier says he can smell what?
4. What does the soldier do after raping and torturing Ian in "Blasted"?
5. How did Sarah Kane die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the setting of "Blasted"? What characters enter in Scene 1?
2. Who does Grace meet with in Scene 3 of "Cleansed"? Where do they meet?
3. How does Hippolytus take on the role of protagonist in "Phaedra's Love"?
4. What takes place in the opening of Scene 2 of "Blasted"? How much time elapsed from Scene 1?
5. Where is the opening of "Cleansed" set? Who is in the first scene?
6. Who breaks into the hotel room in Scene 2 of "Blasted"? What does he do?
7. What is Sarah Kane's purpose in showing such graphic violence in "Blasted"?
8. How does Tinker's character evolve in "Cleansed"? What is his central objective?
9. How does the soldier describe his girlfriend's death in Scene 3 of "Blasted"?
10. Who visits Hippolytus in Scene 6 of "Phaedra's Love"? What does Hippolytus tell him?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)