|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hippolytus doing while watching watching television in Scene 1 of "Phaedra's Love"?
(a) Eating hamburgers.
(b) Drinking a martini.
(c) Playing chess.
(d) Eating tacos.
2. What season is it in Scene 2 of "Cleansed"?
3. What does Tinker do after putting Grace to bed in Scene 3 of "Cleansed"?
(a) Has sex with her.
(b) Uses heroin with her.
(c) Handcuffs her.
(d) Spanks her.
4. What does Cate destroy in Scene 2 of "Blasted" when Ian goes into the bathroom?
(a) Ian's jacket.
(b) Ian's shoes.
(c) Ian's hat.
(d) Ian's shirt.
5. What does Ian do after he and Cate arrive at the hotel in "Blasted"?
(a) Calls for dinner.
(b) Uses heroin.
(c) Calls his brother.
(d) Takes a shower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hippolytus blow his nose on in Scene 1 of "Phaedra's Love"?
2. What does the soldier do after taking Ian's gun in Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
3. What was the name of the soldier's girlfriend in "Blasted"?
4. Who is the prince in "Phaedra's Love"?
5. What does Cate do after fainting in "Blasted"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the dynamic between Ian and Cate in Scene 1 of "Blasted." How are these characters different?
2. What elements of the setting are revealed in greater detail in Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
3. What is Sarah Kane's purpose in showing such graphic violence in "Blasted"?
4. What does Strophe do when she discovers who Phaedra is infatuated with in "Phaedra's Love"?
5. How does Ian restrain Cate in the room in Scene 2 of "Blasted"? What does he say to make her stay?
6. What is Ian's principle objective in Scene 1 of "Blasted"? What tactics does he employ?
7. What is Hippolytus doing in the beginning of Scene 4 of "Phaedra's Love"? What does Phaedra enter with?
8. What does Strophe reveal happened to Phaedra in Scene 5 of "Phaedra's Love"? How does Hippolytus respond?
9. What takes place in the opening of Scene 2 of "Blasted"? How much time elapsed from Scene 1?
10. What are Carl and Rod discussing in Scene 2 of "Cleansed"?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)