|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has destroyed the hotel room in Scene 3 of "Blasted"?
(a) A tornado.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A mortar shell.
(d) A grenade.
2. What does Cate do after fainting in "Blasted"?
(a) Takes a nap.
(b) Has a drink.
(c) Eats some food.
(d) Laughs hysterically.
3. What excuse does Ian give for not calling Cate in Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
(a) He had to work.
(b) He was out of town.
(c) He lost his phone.
(d) His phone is bugged by the government.
4. Where does Scene 4 of "Cleansed" take place?
(a) The black room.
(b) The red room.
(c) The round room.
(d) The white room.
5. In Scene 3 of "Blasted", the soldier tells a story of raping all the women in a civilian family before doing what?
(a) Torturing and killing the men.
(b) Defacating on their floor.
(c) Shooting them all.
(d) Leaving them all crying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hippolytus realize Phaedra's accusation was to him in Scene 5 of "Phaedra's Love"?
2. How did Sarah Kane die?
3. What does the soldier do with Ian's gun in Scene 3 of "Blasted"?
4. Where was "Blasted" first performed?
5. What does Cate destroy in Scene 2 of "Blasted" when Ian goes into the bathroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the symbolic and thematic center of "Cleansed"?
2. How does Hippolytus take on the role of protagonist in "Phaedra's Love"?
3. Describe the dynamic between Ian and Cate in Scene 1 of "Blasted." How are these characters different?
4. In what way does the soldier torture Ian after raping him in Scene 3 of "Blasted"?
5. Who visits Hippolytus in Scene 6 of "Phaedra's Love"? What does Hippolytus tell him?
6. What elements of the setting are revealed in greater detail in Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
7. What does Cate do while Ian is in the bathroom in Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
8. What is Sarah Kane's purpose in showing such graphic violence in "Blasted"?
9. Describe the setting of "Phaedra's Love". Upon what play is the story based?
10. What does Strophe tell Hippolytus when she enters in Scene 5 of "Phaedra's Love"? What is his response?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)