|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the soldier say raped and murdered his girlfriend?
(a) His father.
(c) Another soldier.
(d) His brother.
2. What is Hippolytus examining in the opening of Scene 5 of "Phaedra's Love"?
(a) His foot.
(b) His penis.
(c) His tongue.
(d) His hand.
3. Who are amongst the crowd in disguise in Scene 8 of "Phaedra's Love"?
(a) Hippolytus and Lena.
(b) Strophe and Lena.
(c) Hippolytus and Phaedra.
(d) Theseus and Strophe.
4. What has destroyed the hotel room in Scene 3 of "Blasted"?
(a) A tornado.
(b) A mortar shell.
(c) A grenade.
(d) An earthquake.
5. What does the soldier demand from Ian when he awakes in Scene 3 of "Blasted"?
(a) Oral sex.
(c) An appology.
(d) A cigarette.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Theseus die in Scene 8 of "Phaedra's Love"?
2. What was the name of the soldier's girlfriend in "Blasted"?
3. What does Ian do for Cate when she is aching in Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
4. What is the name of the boyfriend Cate claims to have in "Blasted"?
5. Ian claims in Scene 2 of "Blasted" that every awful thing he has done was for what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cate do while Ian is in the bathroom in Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
2. Who breaks into the hotel room in Scene 2 of "Blasted"? What does he do?
3. In what way does the soldier torture Ian after raping him in Scene 3 of "Blasted"?
4. What does Strophe do when she discovers who Phaedra is infatuated with in "Phaedra's Love"?
5. Describe the setting of "Phaedra's Love". Upon what play is the story based?
6. What does the public want to do to Hippolytus in Scene 5 of "Phaedra's Love"? What does Hippolytus reveal to Strophe?
7. What is Ian's principle objective in Scene 1 of "Blasted"? What tactics does he employ?
8. What is Sarah Kane's purpose in showing such graphic violence in "Blasted"?
9. How many works are included in Sarah Kane: Complete Plays? What themes tie the works together?
10. What are Carl and Rod discussing in Scene 2 of "Cleansed"?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)