|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phaedra enter with in Scene 4 of "Phaedra's Love"?
(a) A giant cake.
(c) A new car.
(d) A new coat.
2. Ian claims in Scene 2 of "Blasted" that every awful thing he has done was for what?
(c) The government.
3. Where does Tinker inject Graham in Scene 1 of "Cleansed"?
(a) The foot.
(b) The ear.
(c) The arm.
(d) The eye.
4. What is Ian doing in the opening of Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
(a) Watching television.
(b) Reading the paper.
(c) Playing cards.
5. What does the soldier do after taking Ian's gun in Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
(a) Shoots Ian with it.
(c) Drinks several cups of coffee.
(d) Eats his breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who rapes and kills Strophe in Scene 8 of "Phaedra's Love"?
2. How many plays did Sarah Kane complete in her lifetime?
3. Grace is whose twin sister in "Cleansed"?
4. When did the Bosnian War end?
5. What does Tinker tell Grace the university did with Graham's clothing after he died in Scene 3 of "Cleansed"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the dynamic between Ian and Cate in Scene 1 of "Blasted." How are these characters different?
2. How does Ian restrain Cate in the room in Scene 2 of "Blasted"? What does he say to make her stay?
3. What does Strophe reveal happened to Phaedra in Scene 5 of "Phaedra's Love"? How does Hippolytus respond?
4. How many works are included in Sarah Kane: Complete Plays? What themes tie the works together?
5. What is Ian's principle objective in Scene 1 of "Blasted"? What tactics does he employ?
6. Describe the setting at the beginning of Scene 3 of "Blasted." What does the soldier ask Ian?
7. Describe the setting of "Phaedra's Love". Upon what play is the story based?
8. What is Ian's response when the soldier asks him to report his stories? What does the soldier then do?
9. What is the setting of "Blasted"? What characters enter in Scene 1?
10. Where is the opening of "Cleansed" set? Who is in the first scene?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)