|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What season is it in Scene 2 of "Cleansed"?
2. Hippolytus cannot remember the last time he did what in Scene 4 of "Phaedra's Love"?
(a) Went to the races.
(b) Called his mother.
(c) Received a gift.
(d) Left the castle.
3. What does Strophe tell Hippolytus to do when she enters in Scene 5 of "Phaedra's Love"?
(b) Have sex with her.
(d) Never talk to her again.
4. Cate is described as being what in "Blasted"?
5. What does Tinker give Grace before leaving in Scene 3 of "Cleansed"?
(b) A laxative.
(d) A sedative.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hippolytus emerges in Scene 8 of "Phaedra's Love", Theseus kisses him and does what?
2. Where was Sarah Kane born?
3. Grace is whose twin sister in "Cleansed"?
4. What does the soldier do after raping and torturing Ian in "Blasted"?
5. What does the soldier do while raping Ian in "Blasted"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Ian's job illustrated in Scene 1 of "Blasted"? What history between Ian and Cate is revealed through exposition?
2. How does Ian restrain Cate in the room in Scene 2 of "Blasted"? What does he say to make her stay?
3. What is the setting of "Blasted"? What characters enter in Scene 1?
4. What elements of the setting are revealed in greater detail in Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
5. What does Strophe tell Hippolytus when she enters in Scene 5 of "Phaedra's Love"? What is his response?
6. What is Hippolytus doing in the beginning of Scene 4 of "Phaedra's Love"? What does Phaedra enter with?
7. Describe the setting of "Phaedra's Love". Upon what play is the story based?
8. Describe the setting at the beginning of Scene 3 of "Blasted." What does the soldier ask Ian?
9. Discuss the staging of "Phaedra's Love." What elements would make staging difficult?
10. What is the central theme of "Phaedra's Love"?
This section contains 948 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)