|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hippolytus cannot remember the last time he did what in Scene 4 of "Phaedra's Love"?
(a) Went to the races.
(b) Received a gift.
(c) Called his mother.
(d) Left the castle.
2. What refers to a type of journalism that presents little or no legitimate well-researched news and instead uses eye-catching headlines to sell more newspapers?
(a) Yellow journalism.
(b) White journalism.
(c) Red journalism.
(d) Blue journalism.
3. How is Phaedra related to Hippoytus in "Phaedra's Love"?
(a) She is his aunt.
(b) She is his stepmother.
(c) She is his mother.
(d) She is his sister.
4. What does Ian toss onto the bed before going to the bathroom in Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
(b) His gun.
(c) A wad of money.
(d) A knife.
5. Where does Scene 3 of "Cleansed" take place?
(a) The round room.
(b) The white room.
(c) The square room.
(d) The black room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has destroyed the hotel room in Scene 3 of "Blasted"?
2. In Scene 8 of "Phaedra's Love", Theseus riles the crowd by suggesting that Hippolytus may be what?
3. What is Tinker doing for Graham in the opening of Scene 1 of "Cleansed"?
4. What is the name of the boyfriend Cate claims to have in "Blasted"?
5. What does Ian ask Cate when he begins eating breakfast in Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tinker's character evolve in "Cleansed"? What is his central objective?
2. How does the soldier describe his girlfriend's death in Scene 3 of "Blasted"?
3. What is Ian's principle objective in Scene 1 of "Blasted"? What tactics does he employ?
4. Why does Phaedra consult a doctor about Hippolytus in Scene 2 of "Phaedra's Love"?
5. What is Hippolytus doing in the beginning of Scene 4 of "Phaedra's Love"? What does Phaedra enter with?
6. Who breaks into the hotel room in Scene 2 of "Blasted"? What does he do?
7. Where is the opening of "Cleansed" set? Who is in the first scene?
8. What is the symbolic and thematic center of "Cleansed"?
9. What is Sarah Kane's purpose in showing such graphic violence in "Blasted"?
10. How does Ian restrain Cate in the room in Scene 2 of "Blasted"? What does he say to make her stay?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)