|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cate bring with her when she returns to the hotel in Scene 4 of "Blasted"?
(a) A dog.
(b) A sandwich.
(c) A baby.
(d) A homeless man.
2. How does Theseus die in Scene 8 of "Phaedra's Love"?
(a) He drowns.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) Cuts his own throat.
(d) An angry mob kills him.
3. What is Phaedra's daughter's name?
4. Estimates of the numbers of women raped during the Bosnian War range between what?
5. What does Hippolytus blow his nose on in Scene 1 of "Phaedra's Love"?
(a) Toilet paper.
(b) A shirt.
(c) A handkerchief.
(d) A dirty sock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What industry does Cate say she is trying to get into in "Blasted"?
2. When Hippolytus emerges in Scene 8 of "Phaedra's Love", Theseus kisses him and does what?
3. What does Cate report about Leeds in Scene 4 of "Blasted"?
4. Ian says in Scene 2 of "Blasted" that who kills children like Cate's brother?
5. What does Grace ask Robin if he can do in Scene 3 of "Cleansed"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the focus of "Blasted" following the soldier's suicide?
2. What does Strophe tell Hippolytus when she enters in Scene 5 of "Phaedra's Love"? What is his response?
3. How does Ian restrain Cate in the room in Scene 2 of "Blasted"? What does he say to make her stay?
4. What are Carl and Rod discussing in Scene 2 of "Cleansed"?
5. How is Ian's job illustrated in Scene 1 of "Blasted"? What history between Ian and Cate is revealed through exposition?
6. What does the public want to do to Hippolytus in Scene 5 of "Phaedra's Love"? What does Hippolytus reveal to Strophe?
7. What is Ian's principle objective in Scene 1 of "Blasted"? What tactics does he employ?
8. How does Hippolytus take on the role of protagonist in "Phaedra's Love"?
9. Who visits Hippolytus in Scene 6 of "Phaedra's Love"? What does Hippolytus tell him?
10. Describe the setting of "Phaedra's Love". Upon what play is the story based?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)