|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cate do when Ian invites her to breakfast in Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
(a) Politely declined.
(b) Points his gun at him.
(c) Yells at him.
2. Who are amongst the crowd in disguise in Scene 8 of "Phaedra's Love"?
(a) Hippolytus and Lena.
(b) Hippolytus and Phaedra.
(c) Strophe and Lena.
(d) Theseus and Strophe.
3. What does the soldier do after taking Ian's gun in Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
(b) Drinks several cups of coffee.
(c) Shoots Ian with it.
(d) Eats his breakfast.
4. Who is a drug dealer and doctor, and he is the commander of the university and concentration camp in "Cleansed"?
5. When was the play "Blasted" first performed?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Phaedra related to Hippoytus in "Phaedra's Love"?
2. What has the crowd gathered to do in Scene 8 of "Phaedra's Love"?
3. What does Hippolytus realize Phaedra's accusation was to him in Scene 5 of "Phaedra's Love"?
4. What does Phaedra eventually tell Hippolytus in Scene 4 of "Phaedra's Love"?
5. What does Tinker do after putting Grace to bed in Scene 3 of "Cleansed"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hippolytus take on the role of protagonist in "Phaedra's Love"?
2. What does Cate do while Ian is in the bathroom in Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
3. Who visits Hippolytus in Scene 6 of "Phaedra's Love"? What does Hippolytus tell him?
4. In what way does the soldier torture Ian after raping him in Scene 3 of "Blasted"?
5. What takes place while Billy is at Marcia's apartment in "Skin"?
6. What elements of the setting are revealed in greater detail in Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
7. How does Tinker attempt to help Grace in the second half of "Cleansed"?
8. What does the public want to do to Hippolytus in Scene 5 of "Phaedra's Love"? What does Hippolytus reveal to Strophe?
9. What does Strophe do when she discovers who Phaedra is infatuated with in "Phaedra's Love"?
10. What is Sarah Kane's purpose in showing such graphic violence in "Blasted"?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)