|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tinker give Grace before leaving in Scene 3 of "Cleansed"?
(a) A sedative.
(c) A laxative.
2. When was Sarah Kane born?
3. What season is it in Scene 2 of "Cleansed"?
4. What does Ian describe while Cate performs fellatio on him in Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
(a) His first sexual encounter.
(b) Mass graves and killings he carried out.
(c) A fight was involved in.
(d) His hometown.
5. Where was Sarah Kane born?
(c) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hippolytus doing while watching watching television in Scene 1 of "Phaedra's Love"?
2. In Scene 8 of "Phaedra's Love", Theseus riles the crowd by suggesting that Hippolytus may be what?
3. Who does Ian ask Cate to find in Scene 4 of "Blasted"?
4. Who was Hippolytus' former lover in "Phaedra's Love"?
5. When did Sarah Kane die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who visits Hippolytus in Scene 6 of "Phaedra's Love"? What does Hippolytus tell him?
2. What does Phaedra tell Hippolytus in Scene 4 of "Phaedra's Love"? What is his response?
3. How does Ian restrain Cate in the room in Scene 2 of "Blasted"? What does he say to make her stay?
4. Who does Grace meet with in Scene 3 of "Cleansed"? Where do they meet?
5. Describe the setting at the beginning of Scene 3 of "Blasted." What does the soldier ask Ian?
6. Describe the dynamic between Ian and Cate in Scene 1 of "Blasted." How are these characters different?
7. How does Tinker's character evolve in "Cleansed"? What is his central objective?
8. What does Strophe reveal happened to Phaedra in Scene 5 of "Phaedra's Love"? How does Hippolytus respond?
9. How does Hippolytus take on the role of protagonist in "Phaedra's Love"?
10. What is Ian's response when the soldier asks him to report his stories? What does the soldier then do?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)