|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Scene 2 of "Blasted", Ian attempts to hide Cate from the soldier, but the soldier says he can smell what?
2. What is Tinker doing for Graham in the opening of Scene 1 of "Cleansed"?
(a) Selling drugs.
(b) Cooking heroin.
(c) Mending his clothes.
(d) His homework.
3. What is Ian doing in the opening of Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
(a) Reading the paper.
(c) Playing cards.
(d) Watching television.
4. What does Ian ask Cate to find and give to him in Scene 4 of "Blasted"?
(a) His gun.
(b) Some bullets.
(c) A joint.
(d) A bottle of liquor.
5. What does the soldier do while raping Ian in "Blasted"?
(a) Beats him.
(b) Weeps uncontrollably.
(c) Bites his ear off.
(d) Yells at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the soldier urinate in Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
2. When was Sarah Kane born?
3. What refers to a type of journalism that presents little or no legitimate well-researched news and instead uses eye-catching headlines to sell more newspapers?
4. What does Cate do after fainting in "Blasted"?
5. How do the citizens feel about Hippolytus in Scene 8 of "Phaedra's Love"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Carl and Rod represent symbolically in "Cleansed"?
2. What aspects of Ian's personality are revealed in Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
3. What does Strophe reveal happened to Phaedra in Scene 5 of "Phaedra's Love"? How does Hippolytus respond?
4. What is Hippolytus doing in the beginning of Scene 4 of "Phaedra's Love"? What does Phaedra enter with?
5. How does Ian restrain Cate in the room in Scene 2 of "Blasted"? What does he say to make her stay?
6. What does the public want to do to Hippolytus in Scene 5 of "Phaedra's Love"? What does Hippolytus reveal to Strophe?
7. What does Strophe tell Hippolytus when she enters in Scene 5 of "Phaedra's Love"? What is his response?
8. What elements of the setting are revealed in greater detail in Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
9. Why does Phaedra consult a doctor about Hippolytus in Scene 2 of "Phaedra's Love"?
10. Discuss the staging of "Phaedra's Love." What elements would make staging difficult?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)