|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many plays did Sarah Kane complete in her lifetime?
2. Strophe says that she would die for what in Scene 5 of "Phaedra's Love"?
(b) The royal family.
(d) A true love.
3. What does Ian do for Cate when she is aching in Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
(a) Gives her a joint.
(b) Gives her sleeping pills.
(c) Mixes her a drink.
(d) Draws her a bath.
4. What refers to a type of journalism that presents little or no legitimate well-researched news and instead uses eye-catching headlines to sell more newspapers?
(a) Yellow journalism.
(b) Red journalism.
(c) White journalism.
(d) Blue journalism.
5. How old is Robin in "Cleansed"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Grace is whose twin sister in "Cleansed"?
2. Who is the prince in "Phaedra's Love"?
3. Who does Ian ask Cate to find in Scene 4 of "Blasted"?
4. Who is the king in "Phaedra's Love"?
5. Where was Sarah Kane born?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many works are included in Sarah Kane: Complete Plays? What themes tie the works together?
2. What does Phaedra tell Hippolytus in Scene 4 of "Phaedra's Love"? What is his response?
3. Who visits Hippolytus in Scene 6 of "Phaedra's Love"? What does Hippolytus tell him?
4. Who breaks into the hotel room in Scene 2 of "Blasted"? What does he do?
5. What are Carl and Rod discussing in Scene 2 of "Cleansed"?
6. What does Strophe reveal happened to Phaedra in Scene 5 of "Phaedra's Love"? How does Hippolytus respond?
7. Discuss the staging of "Phaedra's Love." What elements would make staging difficult?
8. Describe the dynamic between Ian and Cate in Scene 1 of "Blasted." How are these characters different?
9. What is the focus of "Blasted" following the soldier's suicide?
10. Describe the setting at the beginning of Scene 3 of "Blasted." What does the soldier ask Ian?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)