|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ian doing in the opening of Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
(a) Watching television.
(b) Playing cards.
(d) Reading the paper.
2. What does Strophe tell Hippolytus to do when she enters in Scene 5 of "Phaedra's Love"?
(a) Have sex with her.
(b) Never talk to her again.
3. What does Ian ask Cate to find and give to him in Scene 4 of "Blasted"?
(a) A bottle of liquor.
(b) Some bullets.
(c) His gun.
(d) A joint.
4. What is Hippolytus playing with in the opening of Scene 4 of "Phaedra's Love"?
(a) A remote-controlled car.
(b) A dog.
(c) A basketball.
(d) A video game.
5. What does Phaedra eventually tell Hippolytus in Scene 4 of "Phaedra's Love"?
(a) He will never be king.
(b) She hates him.
(c) She loves him.
(d) He is adopted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor say Hippolytus needs to do in Scene 2 of "Phaedra's Love"?
2. What does Phaedra enter with in Scene 4 of "Phaedra's Love"?
3. How old is Robin in "Cleansed"?
4. What refers to a type of journalism that presents little or no legitimate well-researched news and instead uses eye-catching headlines to sell more newspapers?
5. What does Hippolytus realize Phaedra's accusation was to him in Scene 5 of "Phaedra's Love"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the dynamic between Ian and Cate in Scene 1 of "Blasted." How are these characters different?
2. What does Phaedra tell Hippolytus in Scene 4 of "Phaedra's Love"? What is his response?
3. What is the symbolic and thematic center of "Cleansed"?
4. Why does Phaedra consult a doctor about Hippolytus in Scene 2 of "Phaedra's Love"?
5. What is the central theme of "Phaedra's Love"?
6. What is Ian's principle objective in Scene 1 of "Blasted"? What tactics does he employ?
7. How is Ian's job illustrated in Scene 1 of "Blasted"? What history between Ian and Cate is revealed through exposition?
8. In what way does the soldier torture Ian after raping him in Scene 3 of "Blasted"?
9. Describe the setting at the beginning of Scene 3 of "Blasted." What does the soldier ask Ian?
10. Discuss the staging of "Phaedra's Love." What elements would make staging difficult?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)