|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cate tell Ian is not the end of the world in Scene 4 of "Blasted"?
(a) Being an alcoholic.
(b) The war.
(c) Having been sodomized.
(d) Being blind.
2. When did Sarah Kane die?
3. Who is the king in "Phaedra's Love"?
4. What does the priest perform in Scene 6 of "Phaedra's Love"?
(a) A dance.
(d) Last rites.
5. Strophe says that she would die for what in Scene 5 of "Phaedra's Love"?
(b) A true love.
(d) The royal family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ian describe while Cate performs fellatio on him in Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
2. What does the soldier demand from Ian when he awakes in Scene 3 of "Blasted"?
3. What was the name of the soldier's girlfriend in "Blasted"?
4. What does Tinker tell Grace the university did with Graham's clothing after he died in Scene 3 of "Cleansed"?
5. Who does the soldier say raped and murdered his girlfriend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who breaks into the hotel room in Scene 2 of "Blasted"? What does he do?
2. What does the public want to do to Hippolytus in Scene 5 of "Phaedra's Love"? What does Hippolytus reveal to Strophe?
3. What is Sarah Kane's purpose in showing such graphic violence in "Blasted"?
4. Who does Grace meet with in Scene 3 of "Cleansed"? Where do they meet?
5. Describe the setting of "Phaedra's Love". Upon what play is the story based?
6. What is Ian's principle objective in Scene 1 of "Blasted"? What tactics does he employ?
7. What is Ian's response when the soldier asks him to report his stories? What does the soldier then do?
8. What elements of the setting are revealed in greater detail in Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
9. Why does Phaedra consult a doctor about Hippolytus in Scene 2 of "Phaedra's Love"?
10. How many works are included in Sarah Kane: Complete Plays? What themes tie the works together?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)