|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hippolytus accuse the priest of in Scene 6 of "Phaedra's Love"?
(c) Being a heretic.
2. What does Hippolytus tell Phaedra will happen if they sleep together in Scene 4 of "Phaedra's Love"?
(a) She will be killed.
(b) They will never speak again.
(c) They will be happy forever.
(d) He will be killed.
3. Who does Ian ask Cate to find in Scene 4 of "Blasted"?
(a) His son.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
4. How old is Robin in "Cleansed"?
5. How did Sarah Kane die?
(d) Car accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cate is described as being what in "Blasted"?
2. What does the priest perform in Scene 6 of "Phaedra's Love"?
3. Who does the soldier say raped and murdered his girlfriend?
4. What does Ian eat before dying in Scene 5 of "Blasted"?
5. Ian claims in Scene 2 of "Blasted" that every awful thing he has done was for what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Hippolytus doing in the beginning of Scene 4 of "Phaedra's Love"? What does Phaedra enter with?
2. Who breaks into the hotel room in Scene 2 of "Blasted"? What does he do?
3. What conversation takes place between Ian and Cate when they first arrive at the hotel in "Blasted"?
4. What aspects of Ian's personality are revealed in Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
5. How does Hippolytus take on the role of protagonist in "Phaedra's Love"?
6. What does Strophe tell Hippolytus when she enters in Scene 5 of "Phaedra's Love"? What is his response?
7. What does Strophe do when she discovers who Phaedra is infatuated with in "Phaedra's Love"?
8. Describe the setting of "Phaedra's Love". Upon what play is the story based?
9. What do Carl and Rod represent symbolically in "Cleansed"?
10. What takes place in the opening of Scene 2 of "Blasted"? How much time elapsed from Scene 1?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)