|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ian drinking in the opening of Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
(b) Orange juice.
(d) Stale gin.
2. What does Cate do when Ian invites her to breakfast in Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
(a) Points his gun at him.
(c) Politely declined.
(d) Yells at him.
3. What does Ian toss onto the bed before going to the bathroom in Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
(a) A knife.
(b) His gun.
(c) A wad of money.
4. What does the soldier do after taking Ian's gun in Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
(a) Eats his breakfast.
(b) Shoots Ian with it.
(d) Drinks several cups of coffee.
5. What does Hippolytus tell Phaedra will happen if they sleep together in Scene 4 of "Phaedra's Love"?
(a) She will be killed.
(b) They will never speak again.
(c) He will be killed.
(d) They will be happy forever.
6. What is Hippolytus doing while watching watching television in Scene 1 of "Phaedra's Love"?
(a) Drinking a martini.
(b) Eating tacos.
(c) Playing chess.
(d) Eating hamburgers.
7. Estimates of the numbers of women raped during the Bosnian War range between what?
8. Strophe says that she would die for what in Scene 5 of "Phaedra's Love"?
(a) The royal family.
(b) A true love.
9. What does Grace ask Robin if he can do in Scene 3 of "Cleansed"?
10. What is Ian doing in the opening of Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
(a) Reading the paper.
(b) Playing cards.
(d) Watching television.
11. What does Strophe say the public wants to do to Hippolytus in Scene 5 of "Phaedra's Love"?
(a) Lynch him.
(b) Crown him king.
(c) Celebrate him.
(d) Worship him.
12. When was the play "Blasted" first performed?
13. Where does the soldier urinate in Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
(a) On the table.
(b) On Ian.
(c) On the bed.
(d) In the toilet.
14. Cate is described as being what in "Blasted"?
15. What does Carl ask Rod to accept in Scene 2 of "Cleansed"?
(a) His ring.
(c) His situation.
(d) His love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ian ask Cate when he begins eating breakfast in Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
2. In Scene 2 of "Blasted", Ian attempts to hide Cate from the soldier, but the soldier says he can smell what?
3. What does the soldier do after raping and torturing Ian in "Blasted"?
4. What is Tinker doing for Graham in the opening of Scene 1 of "Cleansed"?
5. Who does Ian ask Cate to find in Scene 4 of "Blasted"?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)