|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the hotel room in which "Blasted" takes place?
(a) Leeds, England.
(b) Rome, Italy.
(c) Warsaw, Poland.
(d) Barcelona, Spain.
2. What is Ian doing in the opening of Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
(a) Reading the paper.
(c) Playing cards.
(d) Watching television.
3. Estimates of the numbers of women raped during the Bosnian War range between what?
4. Ian claims in Scene 2 of "Blasted" that every awful thing he has done was for what?
(b) The government.
5. Who is being beaten in Scene 4 of "Cleansed"?
6. Where are Graham and Tinker in Scene 1 of "Cleansed"?
(a) The front entrance of the University.
(b) The Dean's office.
(c) The perimeter fence of the University.
(d) The library of the University.
7. In Scene 8 of "Phaedra's Love", Theseus riles the crowd by suggesting that Hippolytus may be what?
(c) Made king.
(d) A god.
8. What does Ian do for Cate when she is aching in Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
(a) Draws her a bath.
(b) Gives her a joint.
(c) Gives her sleeping pills.
(d) Mixes her a drink.
9. What is referred to as one of the far reaches of the realm in Scene 8 of "Phaedra's Love"?
(a) Mount Wisdom.
(d) Fog Manor.
10. What does Cate do when Ian invites her to breakfast in Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
(a) Politely declined.
(c) Yells at him.
(d) Points his gun at him.
11. What does Ian ask Cate to find and give to him in Scene 4 of "Blasted"?
(a) A bottle of liquor.
(b) Some bullets.
(c) His gun.
(d) A joint.
12. What does Carl ask Rod to accept in Scene 2 of "Cleansed"?
(a) His situation.
(c) His ring.
(d) His love.
13. Where was "Blasted" first performed?
(a) Ambassador Theatre Downstairs.
(b) Ed Sullivan Theater.
(c) The Apollo Theatre.
(d) The Royal Court Theatre Upstairs.
14. When did Sarah Kane die?
15. How is Phaedra related to Hippoytus in "Phaedra's Love"?
(a) She is his mother.
(b) She is his stepmother.
(c) She is his aunt.
(d) She is his sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ian do after he and Cate arrive at the hotel in "Blasted"?
2. What is the name of the boyfriend Cate claims to have in "Blasted"?
3. What has the crowd gathered to do in Scene 8 of "Phaedra's Love"?
4. Who was Hippolytus' former lover in "Phaedra's Love"?
5. What does Strophe tell Hippolytus that Phaedra has accused him of in Scene 5 of "Phaedra's Love"?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)