|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cate destroy in Scene 2 of "Blasted" when Ian goes into the bathroom?
(a) Ian's shirt.
(b) Ian's hat.
(c) Ian's jacket.
(d) Ian's shoes.
2. What does the soldier do while raping Ian in "Blasted"?
(a) Bites his ear off.
(b) Beats him.
(c) Yells at him.
(d) Weeps uncontrollably.
3. What refers to a type of journalism that presents little or no legitimate well-researched news and instead uses eye-catching headlines to sell more newspapers?
(a) Blue journalism.
(b) Red journalism.
(c) Yellow journalism.
(d) White journalism.
4. What excuse does Ian give for not calling Cate in Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
(a) His phone is bugged by the government.
(b) He had to work.
(c) He lost his phone.
(d) He was out of town.
5. Strophe says that she would die for what in Scene 5 of "Phaedra's Love"?
(c) The royal family.
(d) A true love.
6. What does the soldier do with Ian's gun in Scene 3 of "Blasted"?
(a) Shoots Cate.
(b) Shoots Ian.
(c) Shoots himself.
(d) Rapes Ian with it.
7. What does Carl ask Rod to accept in Scene 2 of "Cleansed"?
(a) His situation.
(b) His ring.
(d) His love.
8. What does Grace ask Robin if he can do in Scene 3 of "Cleansed"?
9. What does the soldier demand from Ian when he awakes in Scene 3 of "Blasted"?
(b) Oral sex.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) An appology.
10. What has destroyed the hotel room in Scene 3 of "Blasted"?
(a) A grenade.
(b) A mortar shell.
(c) A tornado.
(d) An earthquake.
11. What does the priest perform in Scene 6 of "Phaedra's Love"?
(b) Last rites.
(d) A dance.
12. Estimates of the numbers of women raped during the Bosnian War range between what?
13. How many plays did Sarah Kane complete in her lifetime?
14. Who rapes and kills Strophe in Scene 8 of "Phaedra's Love"?
(a) Phaedra and Theseus.
15. When Cate passes out in Scene 2 of "Blasted", Ian masturbates while doing what?
(a) Chewing gum.
(b) Pointing his gun at her.
(c) Watching a hockey game.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the soldier demands that Ian, as a journalist, report the atrocities he has told him in "Blasted", what does Ian reply?
2. What happens to Ian's eyes in "Blasted"?
3. When did Sarah Kane die?
4. Ian says in Scene 2 of "Blasted" that who kills children like Cate's brother?
5. What does Strophe tell Hippolytus that Phaedra has accused him of in Scene 5 of "Phaedra's Love"?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)