|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ian drinking in the opening of Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
(c) Orange juice.
(d) Stale gin.
2. What does Hippolytus tell Phaedra will happen if they sleep together in Scene 4 of "Phaedra's Love"?
(a) They will be happy forever.
(b) He will be killed.
(c) They will never speak again.
(d) She will be killed.
3. What does Tinker tell Grace the university did with Graham's clothing after he died in Scene 3 of "Cleansed"?
(a) Sold them.
(b) Recycled them.
(c) Burned or recycled them.
(d) Burned them.
4. Who is a violent racist tabloid reporter in "Blasted"?
5. Who are amongst the crowd in disguise in Scene 8 of "Phaedra's Love"?
(a) Hippolytus and Lena.
(b) Strophe and Lena.
(c) Hippolytus and Phaedra.
(d) Theseus and Strophe.
6. What does Cate bring with her when she returns to the hotel in Scene 4 of "Blasted"?
(a) A baby.
(b) A homeless man.
(c) A dog.
(d) A sandwich.
7. In Scene 3 of "Blasted", the soldier tells a story of raping all the women in a civilian family before doing what?
(a) Defacating on their floor.
(b) Shooting them all.
(c) Torturing and killing the men.
(d) Leaving them all crying.
8. What does the priest perform in Scene 6 of "Phaedra's Love"?
(a) A dance.
(b) Last rites.
9. What has destroyed the hotel room in Scene 3 of "Blasted"?
(a) A grenade.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A mortar shell.
(d) A tornado.
10. When Cate passes out in Scene 2 of "Blasted", Ian masturbates while doing what?
(b) Pointing his gun at her.
(c) Chewing gum.
(d) Watching a hockey game.
11. Where are Graham and Tinker in Scene 1 of "Cleansed"?
(a) The library of the University.
(b) The front entrance of the University.
(c) The perimeter fence of the University.
(d) The Dean's office.
12. Who is a drug dealer and doctor, and he is the commander of the university and concentration camp in "Cleansed"?
13. Who is the queen in "Phaedra's Love"?
14. What has the crowd gathered to do in Scene 8 of "Phaedra's Love"?
(a) Murder Phaedra.
(b) Murder Hippolytus.
(c) Murder Strophe.
(d) Murder Theseus.
15. How many screenplays did Sarah Kane write?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cate destroy in Scene 2 of "Blasted" when Ian goes into the bathroom?
2. Hippolytus cannot remember the last time he did what in Scene 4 of "Phaedra's Love"?
3. Ian claims in Scene 2 of "Blasted" that every awful thing he has done was for what?
4. What does Cate do when Ian invites her to breakfast in Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
5. Robin tells Grace he is trying to become stable to return where in Scene 3 of "Cleansed"?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)