|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the doctor say Hippolytus needs to do in Scene 2 of "Phaedra's Love"?
(a) Exercise every day.
(b) Change his diet and habits.
(c) Take heart medication.
(d) Have his eyes checked by a specialist.
2. Who was Hippolytus' former lover in "Phaedra's Love"?
3. What excuse does Ian give for not calling Cate in Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
(a) His phone is bugged by the government.
(b) He lost his phone.
(c) He had to work.
(d) He was out of town.
4. Where does the soldier urinate in Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
(a) In the toilet.
(b) On the table.
(c) On Ian.
(d) On the bed.
5. Who does Ian ask Cate to find in Scene 4 of "Blasted"?
(a) His father.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His mother.
(d) His son.
6. How did Sarah Kane die?
(d) Car accident.
7. Who is the queen in "Phaedra's Love"?
8. How did Phaedra die in "Phaedra's Love"?
(a) Heart attack.
9. What is Ian doing in the opening of Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
(a) Watching television.
(c) Playing cards.
(d) Reading the paper.
10. How is Phaedra related to Hippoytus in "Phaedra's Love"?
(a) She is his stepmother.
(b) She is his sister.
(c) She is his mother.
(d) She is his aunt.
11. Who rapes and kills Strophe in Scene 8 of "Phaedra's Love"?
(b) Phaedra and Theseus.
12. In Scene 8 of "Phaedra's Love", Theseus riles the crowd by suggesting that Hippolytus may be what?
(b) Made king.
(c) A god.
13. What does Tinker do after putting Grace to bed in Scene 3 of "Cleansed"?
(a) Spanks her.
(b) Has sex with her.
(c) Handcuffs her.
(d) Uses heroin with her.
14. How many screenplays did Sarah Kane write?
15. What has the crowd gathered to do in Scene 8 of "Phaedra's Love"?
(a) Murder Phaedra.
(b) Murder Theseus.
(c) Murder Strophe.
(d) Murder Hippolytus.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Sarah Kane die?
2. What does Cate tell Ian is not the end of the world in Scene 4 of "Blasted"?
3. Hippolytus cannot remember the last time he did what in Scene 4 of "Phaedra's Love"?
4. How do the citizens feel about Hippolytus in Scene 8 of "Phaedra's Love"?
5. In Scene 3 of "Blasted", the soldier tells a story of raping all the women in a civilian family before doing what?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)