|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Phaedra related to Hippoytus in "Phaedra's Love"?
(a) She is his sister.
(b) She is his stepmother.
(c) She is his aunt.
(d) She is his mother.
2. In Scene 8 of "Phaedra's Love", Theseus riles the crowd by suggesting that Hippolytus may be what?
(a) Made king.
(b) A god.
3. What does Ian ask Cate when he begins eating breakfast in Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
(a) For oral sex.
(b) For money.
(c) To never speak to him again.
(d) To stay another day.
4. What does Cate do after fainting in "Blasted"?
(a) Laughs hysterically.
(b) Has a drink.
(c) Eats some food.
(d) Takes a nap.
5. When was Sarah Kane born?
6. What does Tinker do after putting Grace to bed in Scene 3 of "Cleansed"?
(a) Uses heroin with her.
(b) Spanks her.
(c) Has sex with her.
(d) Handcuffs her.
7. What does the soldier do with Ian's gun in Scene 3 of "Blasted"?
(a) Shoots Cate.
(b) Shoots himself.
(c) Rapes Ian with it.
(d) Shoots Ian.
8. Who is being beaten in Scene 4 of "Cleansed"?
9. What does Cate report about Leeds in Scene 4 of "Blasted"?
(a) It was still resisting the soldiers.
(b) Everyone there had been killed.
(c) It was burned to the ground.
(d) It has been taken by soldiers.
10. Who deduces that Phaedra is in love with Hippolytus in Scene 3 of "Phaedra's Love"?
11. How many plays did Sarah Kane complete in her lifetime?
12. What does Tinker tell Grace the university did with Graham's clothing after he died in Scene 3 of "Cleansed"?
(a) Burned or recycled them.
(b) Sold them.
(c) Recycled them.
(d) Burned them.
13. When did the Bosnian War end?
14. What does Strophe tell Hippolytus to do when she enters in Scene 5 of "Phaedra's Love"?
(c) Never talk to her again.
(d) Have sex with her.
15. What does Hippolytus tell Phaedra will happen if they sleep together in Scene 4 of "Phaedra's Love"?
(a) They will never speak again.
(b) She will be killed.
(c) He will be killed.
(d) They will be happy forever.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Bosnian War begin?
2. Where are Graham and Tinker in Scene 1 of "Cleansed"?
3. What does Ian describe while Cate performs fellatio on him in Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
4. What was the name of the soldier's girlfriend in "Blasted"?
5. When the soldier demands that Ian, as a journalist, report the atrocities he has told him in "Blasted", what does Ian reply?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)