|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Phaedra's Love, Scenes 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Ian's eyes in "Blasted"?
(a) The soldier flushes them down the toilet.
(b) The soldier throws them out the window.
(c) The soldier stomps them into the carpet.
(d) The soldier eats them.
2. Estimates of the numbers of women raped during the Bosnian War range between what?
3. What does Hippolytus realize Phaedra's accusation was to him in Scene 5 of "Phaedra's Love"?
(a) The beginning of the end.
(b) A moment of revelation.
(c) The last straw.
(d) His surprise gift.
4. What does Ian ask Cate when he begins eating breakfast in Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
(a) For oral sex.
(b) For money.
(c) To stay another day.
(d) To never speak to him again.
5. What is Ian doing in the opening of Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
(a) Playing cards.
(b) Reading the paper.
(c) Watching television.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cate bring with her when she returns to the hotel in Scene 4 of "Blasted"?
2. How many plays did Sarah Kane complete in her lifetime?
3. What does Ian do to quiet Cate from begging him not to answer the door in Scene 2 of "Blasted"?
4. Where was Sarah Kane born?
5. What refers to a type of journalism that presents little or no legitimate well-researched news and instead uses eye-catching headlines to sell more newspapers?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)