* "Blasted" takes place in a modern expensive hotel room in Leeds, England.
* Ian, a violent racist tabloid reporter, brings the childlike Cate here for a romantic escape as an undefined battle commences outside.
* The author implies that ethnic minorities - like those engaged in civil war in the Balkans in the 1990s - are seizing control of Leeds.
* After Cate and Ian arrive at the hotel, Ian pours himself a drink, unholsters his gun, and takes a shower.
* When Ian returns to the room, he and Cate drink champagne and eat hotel sandwiches, and he complains about the minorities of London and its surrounding towns.
* Ian strips and asks Cate have sex; she laughs, and he angrily dresses.
* Cate begins to tremble in her defensive confusion and passes out; Ian tries to rouse her, and she wakes, laughing hysterically, before collapsing again.
* Ian finishes his gin...
This section contains 2,700 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)