|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before moving to Santa Fe Carreras worked in which other southwestern city?
2. Who is at the top of the suspect list ?
3. Willet states that he knew the friend by another name. What is the other name?
4. Eagle asks Barbara about the whereabouts of which of the following:
5. Where does the meeting with Wolf take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises Eagle about the court documents?
2. Eagle calls Wolf with important and disturbing news. What is the news?
3. Discuss the conversation between Jane and Wolf regarding Mark's death.
4. What request does Eagle make of Barbara?
5. Who is Russell Norris? What is his part in the case?
6. What does Wolf find when he arrives at Mark's house?
7. Explain Eagle's plans for New Year's Eve.
8. What happens after Wolf turns himself in for the second time?
9. What are Wolf's plans for Christmas night?
10. Explain Wolf's state of mind on New Year's Eve.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a short memoir that might have been written by Miriam aka Julia. What types of things would Julia be most proud of in regards to her criminal activity? Would the memoir include details of her relationships with her victims? How might Julia describe how she felt before, during and after each murder? Was Julia surprised that her plans were thwarted? How do you think Julia felt when she learned about the transfer of the money to and from the bank in Mexico? Did Julia have any remorse for her actions? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Examine Stuart Woods' Ed Eagle series. How many books are there? Write a character profile of Ed Eagle. Discuss how the character has progressed and evolved throughout the series. Where might Eagle go next? How might Eagle's relationships change in future books? What type of case might Eagle accept next?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship between Barbara and Ed. Are they close? Is there anything unusual about their relationship? How could Barbara's criminal past affect the relationship? Discuss the scene in which Ed first meets Barbara. What is Ed's reaction? Is it a normal reaction or unusual for the attorney? Is Ed's interest in Barbara legal? Is it ethical? Could the relationship between Ed and Barbara cause a conflict of interest in Wolf's case? Explain.
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)