|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this friend supposedly do for a living?
2. Eagle connects the evidence at Shea's office to which character?
3. What is Norris' first name?
4. Who is arrested outside a bar?
5. What is the name on the falsified document?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Wolf claim not to know Grafton? What is the relationship between Wolf and James Grafton?
2. Explain the relationship between the women and the tattoos. Why are the tattoos important?
3. Who does Eagle hire in chapter 40? What is the job responsibility for the new employee?
4. Discuss the conversation between Jane and Wolf regarding Mark's death.
5. What surprises Eagle about the court documents?
6. Who is Russell Norris? What is his part in the case?
7. What news does Wolf receive on New Year's Eve?
8. What part of Julia's plan went awry?
9. Why is Eagle fairly confident about Wolf's case?
10. What is Julia's explanation of the night of the murders?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's use of Santa Fe for the setting in the Ed Eagle series. Why do you think Woods chose New Mexico? How accurate do you think the setting is in regards to the real location? What areas are most commonly referenced in the story? What other location might have worked as well, if not better, than Santa Fe? What is unique about the setting? What regionalisms are exhibited by Eagle and the rest of the characters? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
There seems to be some contention between Eagle and Carreras. Describe the relationship between the two men. Why is Carreras so eager to arrest Wolf? Why does Carreras get so angry with Eagle at the police station? Does Eagle help the situation or does he take delight in torturing Carreras. Compare and contrast the professional duties of Carreras and Eagle.
Essay Topic 3
Write a short memoir that might have been written by Miriam aka Julia. What types of things would Julia be most proud of in regards to her criminal activity? Would the memoir include details of her relationships with her victims? How might Julia describe how she felt before, during and after each murder? Was Julia surprised that her plans were thwarted? How do you think Julia felt when she learned about the transfer of the money to and from the bank in Mexico? Did Julia have any remorse for her actions? Explain.
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)