|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name on the falsified document?
2. Wolf begins to wonder if Grafton's murder involved which of the following:
3. Where is Wolf when Eagle calls him?
4. Who was the murdered woman that was identified as Julia?
5. What is the topic of the meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cupie find at the paper maker's place?
2. Explain the relationship between the women and the tattoos. Why are the tattoos important?
3. What does Eagle ask Wolf to do next? What is the purpose?
4. Who does Eagle hire in chapter 40? What is the job responsibility for the new employee?
5. Eagle calls Wolf with important and disturbing news. What is the news?
6. Explain Wolf's state of mind on New Year's Eve.
7. What does Barbara attempt to tell Eagle and Wolf? Why is Barbara at Wolf's house?
8. What happens after Wolf turns himself in for the second time?
9. What does Cupie learn about Grafton?
10. What does Wolf find when he arrives at Mark's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Assuming a psychiatrist's point of view, analyze the situation with Miriam aka Julia. Discuss Julia's past history in regards to psychiatric issues and illegal activity. What would a psychiatrist say about Julia's selfishness and continuous string of schemes? Is Julia mentally ill? What would the terminology be from a psychiatrist's point of view? What kind of treatment might Julia have benefited from before the situation got out of hand? Is the behavior something that can be "cured?" If so, how? If not, what else can be done?
Essay Topic 2
Miriam aka Julia steals a great deal of money from Wolf. How much money is stolen by Julia? How does she do it? When does she do it? What is the reason for the theft? Who discovers the theft? Where is the money? How can Wolf get the money back? What does the theft tell you about Julia? Does the theft make sense given Barbara's description of her sister? Explain. Who intervenes in the case of the stolen funds? What happens to the money in the end? What would you do in Wolf's position? How did the transfer of the funds compromise Julia's plan?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship between Barbara and Ed. Are they close? Is there anything unusual about their relationship? How could Barbara's criminal past affect the relationship? Discuss the scene in which Ed first meets Barbara. What is Ed's reaction? Is it a normal reaction or unusual for the attorney? Is Ed's interest in Barbara legal? Is it ethical? Could the relationship between Ed and Barbara cause a conflict of interest in Wolf's case? Explain.
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)