|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the cause of Wolf's memory loss?
2. Wolf gets up in the middle of night and drinks some _____.
3. Who does Eagle take to a party?
4. What is the topic of the meeting?
5. Who calls Wolf with disturbing financial news?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the conversation between Jane and Wolf regarding Mark's death.
2. What is Julia's explanation of the night of the murders?
3. Discuss the next scene involving Eagle, Wolf, and Spider.
4. What news does Wolf receive on New Year's Eve?
5. Why does Wolf claim not to know Grafton? What is the relationship between Wolf and James Grafton?
6. Eagle calls Wolf with important and disturbing news. What is the news?
7. Why is Eagle fairly confident about Wolf's case?
8. Who does Eagle hire in chapter 40? What is the job responsibility for the new employee?
9. What does Cupie find at the paper maker's place?
10. What are Wolf's plans for Christmas night?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the case presented by the district attorney. What is the judge's reaction to the testimony? What is Eagle's reaction? Are there any surprises? What is Eagle's opinion of the prosecutor's charges? What does Eagle say to Wolf? What is Eagle's argument for bail? Who wins the first round? Is Eagle concerned about the district attorney's case? Explain. What is the next step for the district attorney? How does Eagle react? Where does the case go from this point?
Essay Topic 2
Write your own murder mystery based on SANTA FE RULES. Use Ed Eagle as the lead character. Supply complete storyboards. Include character information, plot, synopsis, etc. Explain your inspiration.
Essay Topic 3
Miriam aka Julia steals a great deal of money from Wolf. How much money is stolen by Julia? How does she do it? When does she do it? What is the reason for the theft? Who discovers the theft? Where is the money? How can Wolf get the money back? What does the theft tell you about Julia? Does the theft make sense given Barbara's description of her sister? Explain. Who intervenes in the case of the stolen funds? What happens to the money in the end? What would you do in Wolf's position? How did the transfer of the funds compromise Julia's plan?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)