|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eagle order Willet to do?
2. What item does Willet notice when arriving at the scene?
3. Most of the case against Willet is based on the testimony of which of the following:
4. What item does Eagle point out to Willet in the courtroom?
5. Willet states that he knew the friend by another name. What is the other name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Wolf's state of mind on New Year's Eve.
2. Discuss the conversation between Jane and Wolf regarding Mark's death.
3. What request does Eagle make of Barbara?
4. Why does Spider want to meet with Wolf? What does Wolf learn during the conversation?
5. Why is Eagle fairly confident about Wolf's case?
6. What news does Wolf receive on New Year's Eve?
7. What does Wolf find when he arrives at Mark's house?
8. Explain the relationship between the women and the tattoos. Why are the tattoos important?
9. Why does Wolf claim not to know Grafton? What is the relationship between Wolf and James Grafton?
10. Eagle calls Wolf with important and disturbing news. What is the news?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Wolf meets Spider in jail. Explain the scene in which the men meet. Who is approached? What is the context of the first conversation? How do the men realize Spider has useful information? What kind of information does Spider have? How can it help Wolf? Is it coincidental that Spider has this information or does it seem a little too convenient? How did Spider get the information? Is it reliable? How does Spider help in the future? Also discuss Spider's criminal past and why Wolf chooses to trust him.
Essay Topic 2
Three bodies are discovered in the guest bedroom at Wilderness Gate. Describe the scene. What do you think happened at the house? Why? How are the bodies disposed of and by whom? Who finds the bodies? What do you think the dog is trying to tell Wolf? Why does Wolf ignore the dog? How does the dog know something is wrong in that part of the house? What might have happened if Wolf had investigated? What is the initial opinion of the police?
Essay Topic 3
Wolf disobeys the court order and takes Jane on his private plane. Where does the couple go? Why does Wolf disobey the court order? What is in the court order? Does Jane know that Wolf is breaking the law? If so, what does she say? If not, how do you think she would react if she found out? Why is it so important for Wolf to take the trip? What might happen if Wolf gets caught? Does Eagle know about the trip? Explain.
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)