|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the alleged motive of Willet's murder charge?
2. Eagle contemplates using the theft as a(n) _______.
3. What is the name of Julia's friend?
4. The judge sets Willet's bail at which amount?
5. An order of transfer was given to Julia's bank. Where is the money to be sent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eagle ask Wolf to do next? What is the purpose?
2. What is the context of the conversation between Eagle and Wolf?
3. Who does Eagle hire in chapter 40? What is the job responsibility for the new employee?
4. What does Barbara attempt to tell Eagle and Wolf? Why is Barbara at Wolf's house?
5. Explain the relationship between the women and the tattoos. Why are the tattoos important?
6. What are Wolf's plans for Christmas night?
7. What happens after Wolf turns himself in for the second time?
8. Why does Wolf claim not to know Grafton? What is the relationship between Wolf and James Grafton?
9. What does Wolf find when he arrives at Mark's house?
10. Discuss the next scene involving Eagle, Wolf, and Spider.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's use of Santa Fe for the setting in the Ed Eagle series. Why do you think Woods chose New Mexico? How accurate do you think the setting is in regards to the real location? What areas are most commonly referenced in the story? What other location might have worked as well, if not better, than Santa Fe? What is unique about the setting? What regionalisms are exhibited by Eagle and the rest of the characters? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the scene in which Barbara shoots Julia. Why does Barbara shoot her sister? Are there any alternatives? What are the men doing at this point? What do you think will happen with Monica? What will Ed tell the police about the scene? Do you think Ed will defend Barbara in Julia's death? Was Julia's death murder or self-defense? What do you think will happen to Barbara? Will the punishment be just?
Essay Topic 3
Write a short memoir that might have been written by Miriam aka Julia. What types of things would Julia be most proud of in regards to her criminal activity? Would the memoir include details of her relationships with her victims? How might Julia describe how she felt before, during and after each murder? Was Julia surprised that her plans were thwarted? How do you think Julia felt when she learned about the transfer of the money to and from the bank in Mexico? Did Julia have any remorse for her actions? Explain.
This section contains 975 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)