|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. This character is a former employee of which government agency?
2. Wolf asks Jane to take Sara to which location?
3. What about Willet's relationship with Tinney is called into evidence?
4. Who is arrested outside a bar?
5. Where is Wolf instructed to meet Eagle the next day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eagle ask Wolf to do next? What is the purpose?
2. Why does Wolf claim not to know Grafton? What is the relationship between Wolf and James Grafton?
3. What is the context of the conversation between Eagle and Wolf?
4. Who does Eagle hire in chapter 40? What is the job responsibility for the new employee?
5. What news does Wolf receive on New Year's Eve?
6. What is discovered about the fax requesting the money transfer? Who is cast as a new suspect?
7. Explain Wolf's state of mind on New Year's Eve.
8. What does Wolf find when he arrives at Mark's house?
9. What happens after Wolf turns himself in for the second time?
10. What does Barbara attempt to tell Eagle and Wolf? Why is Barbara at Wolf's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's use of Santa Fe for the setting in the Ed Eagle series. Why do you think Woods chose New Mexico? How accurate do you think the setting is in regards to the real location? What areas are most commonly referenced in the story? What other location might have worked as well, if not better, than Santa Fe? What is unique about the setting? What regionalisms are exhibited by Eagle and the rest of the characters? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Ed Eagle is a no nonsense attorney in Santa Fe. Examine Eagle's career. Why do you think Shea recommends Eagle? Does Wolf have any knowledge of criminal law? Do Eagle and Shea know each other? If so, how? Write a complete character description of Ed Eagle. Include physical descriptions and other information gleaned from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Assuming a psychiatrist's point of view, analyze the situation with Miriam aka Julia. Discuss Julia's past history in regards to psychiatric issues and illegal activity. What would a psychiatrist say about Julia's selfishness and continuous string of schemes? Is Julia mentally ill? What would the terminology be from a psychiatrist's point of view? What kind of treatment might Julia have benefited from before the situation got out of hand? Is the behavior something that can be "cured?" If so, how? If not, what else can be done?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)