|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which piece of falsified documentation is uncovered by Cupie?
2. Who is hired by Eagle?
3. What is the profession of the next potential lead?
4. One of Willet's friends asks Willet to bring which object to his office?
5. What is Carreras' rank?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the relationship between the women and the tattoos. Why are the tattoos important?
2. What does Eagle ask Wolf to do next? What is the purpose?
3. What causes the sheriff to rule out Wolf as a suspect in Mark's murder?
4. What does Cupie find at the paper maker's place?
5. Why is Eagle fairly confident about Wolf's case?
6. Explain Wolf's state of mind on New Year's Eve.
7. What news does Wolf receive on New Year's Eve?
8. Eagle calls Wolf with important and disturbing news. What is the news?
9. What is Julia's explanation of the night of the murders?
10. What does Cupie learn about Grafton?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Wolf meets Spider in jail. Explain the scene in which the men meet. Who is approached? What is the context of the first conversation? How do the men realize Spider has useful information? What kind of information does Spider have? How can it help Wolf? Is it coincidental that Spider has this information or does it seem a little too convenient? How did Spider get the information? Is it reliable? How does Spider help in the future? Also discuss Spider's criminal past and why Wolf chooses to trust him.
Essay Topic 2
Symbolism is an important part of a mystery, often giving clues to the reader and the story's detective. What are the ways in which Woods uses symbolism in his stories? Give examples of blatant symbolism and more subtle symbolism. Compare and contrast the symbolism used in Woods' mysteries and the mysteries written by another famous author.
Essay Topic 3
Three bodies are discovered in the guest room at Wilderness Gate. Explain the condition of the bodies. How are the bodies identified? Who provides the identification? Do police check the identities in any other way? Explain. Would it be helpful to check fingerprints? Could the police use dental records for identification? Are the identifications correct? Explain. Would these murders be handled differently than any other murder? Explain.
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)