|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Wolf spend at home alone?
2. Which piece of falsified documentation is uncovered by Cupie?
3. Eagle sends the man on a mission to which location?
4. Wolf ponders the last conversation he had with _____.
5. At what time does Wolf arrive at home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the context of the conversation between Eagle and Wolf?
2. What does Cupie learn about Grafton?
3. What are Wolf's plans for Christmas night?
4. Why does Wolf claim not to know Grafton? What is the relationship between Wolf and James Grafton?
5. What causes the sheriff to rule out Wolf as a suspect in Mark's murder?
6. What does Eagle ask Wolf to do next? What is the purpose?
7. What news does Wolf receive on New Year's Eve?
8. Explain Wolf's state of mind on New Year's Eve.
9. What does Wolf do on New Year's Day?
10. Explain the scene at the police station between Eagle and Carreras.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a short memoir that might have been written by Miriam aka Julia. What types of things would Julia be most proud of in regards to her criminal activity? Would the memoir include details of her relationships with her victims? How might Julia describe how she felt before, during and after each murder? Was Julia surprised that her plans were thwarted? How do you think Julia felt when she learned about the transfer of the money to and from the bank in Mexico? Did Julia have any remorse for her actions? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between Barbara and Ed. Are they close? Is there anything unusual about their relationship? How could Barbara's criminal past affect the relationship? Discuss the scene in which Ed first meets Barbara. What is Ed's reaction? Is it a normal reaction or unusual for the attorney? Is Ed's interest in Barbara legal? Is it ethical? Could the relationship between Ed and Barbara cause a conflict of interest in Wolf's case? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Wolf tells Eagle about his marriage to Maggie and the accident that killed her and the baby. Discuss the accident. How is it possible that Wolf has no recollection of the accident or of the deaths? What could have caused Wolf's memory loss? Do you think Wolf was drugged? Can amnesia be induced by trauma? Explain. Did the police believe Wolf's claims? How does the story of Maggie's death tie in to the triple murder case? Is there anything that can bring back Wolf's memory?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)