|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. An order of transfer was given to Julia's bank. Where is the money to be sent?
2. What is Willet ordered to do?
3. Who is the recipient of the fake document?
4. What is Wolf's mood on New Year's Eve?
5. Where does the meeting with Wolf take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cupie find at the paper maker's place?
2. What part of Julia's plan went awry?
3. What does Cupie learn about Grafton?
4. Discuss the next scene involving Eagle, Wolf, and Spider.
5. Why does Wolf claim not to know Grafton? What is the relationship between Wolf and James Grafton?
6. What are Wolf's plans for Christmas night?
7. Who does Eagle hire in chapter 40? What is the job responsibility for the new employee?
8. Why is Eagle fairly confident about Wolf's case?
9. What does Eagle ask Wolf to do next? What is the purpose?
10. What request does Eagle make of Barbara?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a short memoir that might have been written by Miriam aka Julia. What types of things would Julia be most proud of in regards to her criminal activity? Would the memoir include details of her relationships with her victims? How might Julia describe how she felt before, during and after each murder? Was Julia surprised that her plans were thwarted? How do you think Julia felt when she learned about the transfer of the money to and from the bank in Mexico? Did Julia have any remorse for her actions? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Examine Stuart Woods' Ed Eagle series. How many books are there? Write a character profile of Ed Eagle. Discuss how the character has progressed and evolved throughout the series. Where might Eagle go next? How might Eagle's relationships change in future books? What type of case might Eagle accept next?
Essay Topic 3
Three bodies are discovered in the guest bedroom at Wilderness Gate. Describe the scene. What do you think happened at the house? Why? How are the bodies disposed of and by whom? Who finds the bodies? What do you think the dog is trying to tell Wolf? Why does Wolf ignore the dog? How does the dog know something is wrong in that part of the house? What might have happened if Wolf had investigated? What is the initial opinion of the police?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)