|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the friend before Willet can arrive?
2. Wolf gets up in the middle of night and drinks some _____.
3. Eagle asks Wolf for which of the following?
4. How much is Willet's bail?
5. Where is the character located?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Wolf receive on New Year's Eve?
2. Explain Eagle's plans for New Year's Eve.
3. What does Wolf find when he arrives at Mark's house?
4. What part of Julia's plan went awry?
5. Who is Russell Norris? What is his part in the case?
6. What is discovered about the fax requesting the money transfer? Who is cast as a new suspect?
7. Explain the relationship between the women and the tattoos. Why are the tattoos important?
8. Who does Eagle hire in chapter 40? What is the job responsibility for the new employee?
9. What are Wolf's plans for Christmas night?
10. What surprises Eagle about the court documents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between Barbara and Ed. Are they close? Is there anything unusual about their relationship? How could Barbara's criminal past affect the relationship? Discuss the scene in which Ed first meets Barbara. What is Ed's reaction? Is it a normal reaction or unusual for the attorney? Is Ed's interest in Barbara legal? Is it ethical? Could the relationship between Ed and Barbara cause a conflict of interest in Wolf's case? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's use of Santa Fe for the setting in the Ed Eagle series. Why do you think Woods chose New Mexico? How accurate do you think the setting is in regards to the real location? What areas are most commonly referenced in the story? What other location might have worked as well, if not better, than Santa Fe? What is unique about the setting? What regionalisms are exhibited by Eagle and the rest of the characters? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Assuming a psychiatrist's point of view, analyze the situation with Miriam aka Julia. Discuss Julia's past history in regards to psychiatric issues and illegal activity. What would a psychiatrist say about Julia's selfishness and continuous string of schemes? Is Julia mentally ill? What would the terminology be from a psychiatrist's point of view? What kind of treatment might Julia have benefited from before the situation got out of hand? Is the behavior something that can be "cured?" If so, how? If not, what else can be done?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)