|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the murdered woman that was identified as Julia?
2. What happens to the friend before Willet can arrive?
3. Willet states that he knew the friend by another name. What is the other name?
4. What is the alleged motive of Willet's murder charge?
5. What item does Willet notice when arriving at the scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Barbara attempt to tell Eagle and Wolf? Why is Barbara at Wolf's house?
2. What are Wolf's plans for Christmas night?
3. Why does Spider want to meet with Wolf? What does Wolf learn during the conversation?
4. What does Cupie learn about Grafton?
5. What is Julia's explanation of the night of the murders?
6. Why does Wolf claim not to know Grafton? What is the relationship between Wolf and James Grafton?
7. Explain Wolf's state of mind on New Year's Eve.
8. Who is Russell Norris? What is his part in the case?
9. What request does Eagle make of Barbara?
10. What does Cupie find at the paper maker's place?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ed Eagle is a no nonsense attorney in Santa Fe. Examine Eagle's career. Why do you think Shea recommends Eagle? Does Wolf have any knowledge of criminal law? Do Eagle and Shea know each other? If so, how? Write a complete character description of Ed Eagle. Include physical descriptions and other information gleaned from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Three bodies are discovered in the guest bedroom at Wilderness Gate. Describe the scene. What do you think happened at the house? Why? How are the bodies disposed of and by whom? Who finds the bodies? What do you think the dog is trying to tell Wolf? Why does Wolf ignore the dog? How does the dog know something is wrong in that part of the house? What might have happened if Wolf had investigated? What is the initial opinion of the police?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship between Barbara and Ed. Are they close? Is there anything unusual about their relationship? How could Barbara's criminal past affect the relationship? Discuss the scene in which Ed first meets Barbara. What is Ed's reaction? Is it a normal reaction or unusual for the attorney? Is Ed's interest in Barbara legal? Is it ethical? Could the relationship between Ed and Barbara cause a conflict of interest in Wolf's case? Explain.
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)