|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name on the falsified document?
2. What is the alleged motive of Willet's murder charge?
3. Who calls Wolf with disturbing financial news?
4. What is unusual about the item?
5. Roughly how much money is missing from Wolf's accounts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wolf find when he arrives at Mark's house?
2. Who is Russell Norris? What is his part in the case?
3. Discuss the conversation between Jane and Wolf regarding Mark's death.
4. Who does Eagle hire in chapter 40? What is the job responsibility for the new employee?
5. Explain the relationship between the women and the tattoos. Why are the tattoos important?
6. What are Wolf's plans for Christmas night?
7. Eagle calls Wolf with important and disturbing news. What is the news?
8. Explain the scene at the police station between Eagle and Carreras.
9. What is the context of the conversation between Eagle and Wolf?
10. Discuss the next scene involving Eagle, Wolf, and Spider.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between Barbara and Ed. Are they close? Is there anything unusual about their relationship? How could Barbara's criminal past affect the relationship? Discuss the scene in which Ed first meets Barbara. What is Ed's reaction? Is it a normal reaction or unusual for the attorney? Is Ed's interest in Barbara legal? Is it ethical? Could the relationship between Ed and Barbara cause a conflict of interest in Wolf's case? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Assuming a psychiatrist's point of view, analyze the situation with Miriam aka Julia. Discuss Julia's past history in regards to psychiatric issues and illegal activity. What would a psychiatrist say about Julia's selfishness and continuous string of schemes? Is Julia mentally ill? What would the terminology be from a psychiatrist's point of view? What kind of treatment might Julia have benefited from before the situation got out of hand? Is the behavior something that can be "cured?" If so, how? If not, what else can be done?
Essay Topic 3
There seems to be some contention between Eagle and Carreras. Describe the relationship between the two men. Why is Carreras so eager to arrest Wolf? Why does Carreras get so angry with Eagle at the police station? Does Eagle help the situation or does he take delight in torturing Carreras. Compare and contrast the professional duties of Carreras and Eagle.
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)