|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Willet visit later that same day?
2. What must be done in preparation for the holiday?
3. Shea suggests that Willet call a _____.
4. What is the man's unusual first name?
5. In fact, Ed was born into a(n) _____ family.
Short Essay Questions
1. Willet returns home and immediately goes to see which person? What is learned during the visit?
2. Where does Willet go when he leaves the house? What mishap occurs?
3. What is the purpose of Barbara Kennerly's appearance at Eagle's office?
4. What does Willet do in order to alleviate his loneliness?
5. Who greets Willet at Wilderness Gate upon his return? What is Willet's response?
6. Who is Jackson Tinney? What is his relationship to Willet?
7. Who is the main character in the story? What is the man's profession?
8. What is Eagle's perception of Barbara? What does Eagle do next?
9. Discuss the arrival of Jane in Santa Fe.
10. What are Willet's plans at this point?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the case presented by the district attorney. What is the judge's reaction to the testimony? What is Eagle's reaction? Are there any surprises? What is Eagle's opinion of the prosecutor's charges? What does Eagle say to Wolf? What is Eagle's argument for bail? Who wins the first round? Is Eagle concerned about the district attorney's case? Explain. What is the next step for the district attorney? How does Eagle react? Where does the case go from this point?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's use of Santa Fe for the setting in the Ed Eagle series. Why do you think Woods chose New Mexico? How accurate do you think the setting is in regards to the real location? What areas are most commonly referenced in the story? What other location might have worked as well, if not better, than Santa Fe? What is unique about the setting? What regionalisms are exhibited by Eagle and the rest of the characters? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Ed Eagle is a no nonsense attorney in Santa Fe. Examine Eagle's career. Why do you think Shea recommends Eagle? Does Wolf have any knowledge of criminal law? Do Eagle and Shea know each other? If so, how? Write a complete character description of Ed Eagle. Include physical descriptions and other information gleaned from the text.
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)