|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Willet's partner?
2. Who does Wolf meets for drinks later that day?
3. Who is the sole beneficiary of Tinney's will?
4. What is the man's unusual first name?
5. Willet lands at which airport?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wolf do even though it is breaking the law? Why does Wolf do it?
2. Why is Eagle annoyed with Willet at the party? What are Eagle's instructions to Willet?
3. What is the purpose of Eagle's trip to the Women's Correctional Facility in Poughkeepsie? Who does Eagle meet?
4. What does Willet learn when he reads Tinney's will? What is the big surprise?
5. What is Eagle's perception of Barbara? What does Eagle do next?
6. How long does it take Willet to finish the project? Who works alongside Willet at this time?
7. What is Willet's first step after meeting with Eagle?
8. Discuss at least one of the conversations between Eagle and Willet.
9. What does Shea find so strange about the accident?
10. Explain Willet's meeting with his associates in LA.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ed Eagle is a no nonsense attorney in Santa Fe. Examine Eagle's career. Why do you think Shea recommends Eagle? Does Wolf have any knowledge of criminal law? Do Eagle and Shea know each other? If so, how? Write a complete character description of Ed Eagle. Include physical descriptions and other information gleaned from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's use of Santa Fe for the setting in the Ed Eagle series. Why do you think Woods chose New Mexico? How accurate do you think the setting is in regards to the real location? What areas are most commonly referenced in the story? What other location might have worked as well, if not better, than Santa Fe? What is unique about the setting? What regionalisms are exhibited by Eagle and the rest of the characters? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Wolf tells Eagle about his marriage to Maggie and the accident that killed her and the baby. Discuss the accident. How is it possible that Wolf has no recollection of the accident or of the deaths? What could have caused Wolf's memory loss? Do you think Wolf was drugged? Can amnesia be induced by trauma? Explain. Did the police believe Wolf's claims? How does the story of Maggie's death tie in to the triple murder case? Is there anything that can bring back Wolf's memory?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)