|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who questions Willet?
2. One is identified by which of the following:
3. One of the other victims was identified by which of the following:
4. What is the name of Julia's sister?
5. What is this character's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the next scene involving Eagle, Wolf, and Spider.
2. Who greets Willet at Wilderness Gate upon his return? What is Willet's response?
3. Explain Eagle's plans for New Year's Eve.
4. Explain Willet's meeting with his associates in LA.
5. Where does Willet first see Barbara? What is Willet's reaction?
6. What does Eagle ask Wolf to do next? What is the purpose?
7. What is Eagle's perception of Barbara? What does Eagle do next?
8. What does Wolf do on New Year's Day?
9. Who does Eagle hire in chapter 40? What is the job responsibility for the new employee?
10. What are Willet's plans at this point?
Essay Topic 1
Write your own murder mystery based on SANTA FE RULES. Use Ed Eagle as the lead character. Supply complete storyboards. Include character information, plot, synopsis, etc. Explain your inspiration.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the scene in which Barbara shoots Julia. Why does Barbara shoot her sister? Are there any alternatives? What are the men doing at this point? What do you think will happen with Monica? What will Ed tell the police about the scene? Do you think Ed will defend Barbara in Julia's death? Was Julia's death murder or self-defense? What do you think will happen to Barbara? Will the punishment be just?
Essay Topic 3
There seems to be some contention between Eagle and Carreras. Describe the relationship between the two men. Why is Carreras so eager to arrest Wolf? Why does Carreras get so angry with Eagle at the police station? Does Eagle help the situation or does he take delight in torturing Carreras. Compare and contrast the professional duties of Carreras and Eagle.
This section contains 2,159 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)