Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who questions Willet?
2. One is identified by which of the following:
3. One of the other victims was identified by which of the following:
4. What is the name of Julia's sister?
5. What is this character's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the next scene involving Eagle, Wolf, and Spider.
2. Who greets Willet at Wilderness Gate upon his return? What is Willet's response?
3. Explain Eagle's plans for New Year's Eve.
4. Explain Willet's meeting with his associates in LA.
5. Where does Willet first see Barbara? What is Willet's reaction?
6. What does Eagle ask Wolf to do next? What is the purpose?
7. What is Eagle's perception of Barbara? What does Eagle do next?
8. What does Wolf do on New Year's Day?
9. Who does Eagle hire in chapter 40? What is the job responsibility for the new employee?
10. What are Willet's plans at this point?
Three bodies are discovered in the guest room at Wilderness Gate. Explain the condition of the bodies. How are the bodies identified? Who provides the identification? Do police check the identities in any other way? Explain. Would it be helpful to check fingerprints? Could the police use dental records for identification? Are the identifications correct? Explain. Would these murders be handled differently than any other murder? Explain.
Reputation is a touchy subject in places like Santa Fe and Los Angeles, particularly for Wolf Willet. Examine Wolf's reputation and its importance. Why is Wolf's reputation important in Los Angeles? Why is it important in Santa Fe? Why does Willet insist on finishing the film before anyone finds out about the murders? How could Willet's arrest affect his career? Is there anything Willet could do to reduce the amount of gossip or speculation about his part in the murders? What could be done in the area of damage control? How could Eagle help in this area? Explain.
Describe the relationship between Barbara and Ed. Are they close? Is there anything unusual about their relationship? How could Barbara's criminal past affect the relationship? Discuss the scene in which Ed first meets Barbara. What is Ed's reaction? Is it a normal reaction or unusual for the attorney? Is Ed's interest in Barbara legal? Is it ethical? Could the relationship between Ed and Barbara cause a conflict of interest in Wolf's case? Explain.
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)