|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Willet arranges to retrieve Jack's _____.
2. What is the name of the valley that fascinates Jane?
3. Who does Willet visit later that same day?
4. What is the name of the character's new wife?
5. Willet is asked about his frequent _____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Examine the first scene in which the reader meets Willet.
2. What does Willet learn when he reads Tinney's will? What is the big surprise?
3. What type of advice is exchanged between Jane and Wolf?
4. Explain the exchange between Wolf and Spider.
5. Where does Willet go when he leaves the house? What mishap occurs?
6. What does Wolf do even though it is breaking the law? Why does Wolf do it?
7. Where does Willet land the plane? What disturbing fact does Willet realize when speaking to the mechanic?
8. What is Willet's first step after meeting with Eagle?
9. Discuss the story of Willet and his first wife, Maggie. How did Maggie die?
10. What shocking news does Willet receive when he reads the newspaper in his hotel room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write your own murder mystery based on SANTA FE RULES. Use Ed Eagle as the lead character. Supply complete storyboards. Include character information, plot, synopsis, etc. Explain your inspiration.
Essay Topic 2
Write a short memoir that might have been written by Miriam aka Julia. What types of things would Julia be most proud of in regards to her criminal activity? Would the memoir include details of her relationships with her victims? How might Julia describe how she felt before, during and after each murder? Was Julia surprised that her plans were thwarted? How do you think Julia felt when she learned about the transfer of the money to and from the bank in Mexico? Did Julia have any remorse for her actions? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Wolf tells Eagle about his marriage to Maggie and the accident that killed her and the baby. Discuss the accident. How is it possible that Wolf has no recollection of the accident or of the deaths? What could have caused Wolf's memory loss? Do you think Wolf was drugged? Can amnesia be induced by trauma? Explain. Did the police believe Wolf's claims? How does the story of Maggie's death tie in to the triple murder case? Is there anything that can bring back Wolf's memory?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)