|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Willet found by the police?
2. Eagle becomes romantically involved with which character?
3. What phrase best describes Ed Eagle?
4. Who does Wolf see at a local restaurant?
5. What word is best used to describe the biker?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Willet go when he leaves the house? What mishap occurs?
2. Discuss the story of Willet and his first wife, Maggie. How did Maggie die?
3. Examine the first scene in which the reader meets Willet.
4. Discuss the arrival of Jane in Santa Fe.
5. What is the purpose of Eagle's trip to the Women's Correctional Facility in Poughkeepsie? Who does Eagle meet?
6. Where does Willet first see Barbara? What is Willet's reaction?
7. What is Willet's first step after meeting with Eagle?
8. How long does it take Willet to finish the project? Who works alongside Willet at this time?
9. What is the conversation between Jane and Wolf during dinner?
10. Explain the exchange between Wolf and Spider.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Wolf tells Eagle about his marriage to Maggie and the accident that killed her and the baby. Discuss the accident. How is it possible that Wolf has no recollection of the accident or of the deaths? What could have caused Wolf's memory loss? Do you think Wolf was drugged? Can amnesia be induced by trauma? Explain. Did the police believe Wolf's claims? How does the story of Maggie's death tie in to the triple murder case? Is there anything that can bring back Wolf's memory?
Essay Topic 2
Eagle becomes angry with Wolf when he attends the party with Jane. Explain Eagle's reaction. Why is Eagle upset? Has Wolf been banned from the event? Who approaches Eagle regarding Wolf's attendance? Is it Eagle's fault Wolf went to the party? What has Wolf allegedly done wrong? Do you agree or disagree with the judgment? What does Eagle order Wolf to do as soon as possible? Why? Do you think Wolf's actions will affect his case in any way? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Ed Eagle is a no nonsense attorney in Santa Fe. Examine Eagle's career. Why do you think Shea recommends Eagle? Does Wolf have any knowledge of criminal law? Do Eagle and Shea know each other? If so, how? Write a complete character description of Ed Eagle. Include physical descriptions and other information gleaned from the text.
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)