|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. No matter what happens, Wolf refuses to _____.
2. What is this character's profession?
3. What phrase best describes Ed Eagle?
4. In addition to Santa Fe this person also owns a home in which city?
5. Who goes to visit Eagle at his office?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss at least one of the conversations between Eagle and Willet.
2. Explain the relationship between the women and the tattoos. Why are the tattoos important?
3. What are the two main settings used in the story?
4. Discuss the conversation between Jane and Wolf regarding Mark's death.
5. How long does it take Willet to finish the project? Who works alongside Willet at this time?
6. Discuss the next scene involving Eagle, Wolf, and Spider.
7. Explain the exchange between Wolf and Spider.
8. What does Willet do in order to alleviate his loneliness?
9. Who is Russell Norris? What is his part in the case?
10. Who is Jackson Tinney? What is his relationship to Willet?
Essay Topic 1
Wolf disobeys the court order and takes Jane on his private plane. Where does the couple go? Why does Wolf disobey the court order? What is in the court order? Does Jane know that Wolf is breaking the law? If so, what does she say? If not, how do you think she would react if she found out? Why is it so important for Wolf to take the trip? What might happen if Wolf gets caught? Does Eagle know about the trip? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Write a short memoir that might have been written by Miriam aka Julia. What types of things would Julia be most proud of in regards to her criminal activity? Would the memoir include details of her relationships with her victims? How might Julia describe how she felt before, during and after each murder? Was Julia surprised that her plans were thwarted? How do you think Julia felt when she learned about the transfer of the money to and from the bank in Mexico? Did Julia have any remorse for her actions? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
There are several people mentioned early in the text regarding the movie business in Los Angeles. They include Wolf Willet, Jack Tinney and Hal Berger. Compare and contrast the three characters in reference to their personal and professional interests as well as their interest in the success of the partnership. Who stands to benefit the most? Explain.
This section contains 2,160 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)