|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the restaurant's owner?
2. Wolf is scheduled to go to a(n) ______ the next morning.
3. One is identified by which of the following:
4. In addition to Santa Fe this person also owns a home in which city?
5. What is the name of the restaurant patronized by Willet and Deering?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Eagle's perception of Barbara? What does Eagle do next?
2. What type of advice is exchanged between Jane and Wolf?
3. What shocking news does Willet receive when he reads the newspaper in his hotel room?
4. What is Willet's first step after meeting with Eagle?
5. What is the purpose of Eagle's trip to the Women's Correctional Facility in Poughkeepsie? Who does Eagle meet?
6. What does Willet learn when he reads Tinney's will? What is the big surprise?
7. Where does Willet first see Barbara? What is Willet's reaction?
8. What does Willet do when the film is finished?
9. Who greets Willet at Wilderness Gate upon his return? What is Willet's response?
10. Who is the main character in the story? What is the man's profession?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between Barbara and Ed. Are they close? Is there anything unusual about their relationship? How could Barbara's criminal past affect the relationship? Discuss the scene in which Ed first meets Barbara. What is Ed's reaction? Is it a normal reaction or unusual for the attorney? Is Ed's interest in Barbara legal? Is it ethical? Could the relationship between Ed and Barbara cause a conflict of interest in Wolf's case? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Wolf tells Eagle about his marriage to Maggie and the accident that killed her and the baby. Discuss the accident. How is it possible that Wolf has no recollection of the accident or of the deaths? What could have caused Wolf's memory loss? Do you think Wolf was drugged? Can amnesia be induced by trauma? Explain. Did the police believe Wolf's claims? How does the story of Maggie's death tie in to the triple murder case? Is there anything that can bring back Wolf's memory?
Essay Topic 3
Write a short memoir that might have been written by Miriam aka Julia. What types of things would Julia be most proud of in regards to her criminal activity? Would the memoir include details of her relationships with her victims? How might Julia describe how she felt before, during and after each murder? Was Julia surprised that her plans were thwarted? How do you think Julia felt when she learned about the transfer of the money to and from the bank in Mexico? Did Julia have any remorse for her actions? Explain.
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)