|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Willet's business manager?
2. In fact, Ed was born into a(n) _____ family.
3. What letter is connected to the hangars mentioned in the story?
4. What word is best used to describe the biker?
5. What do Wolf, Jane and Sara do in the evening?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the relationship between Eagle and Barbara.
2. Willet returns home and immediately goes to see which person? What is learned during the visit?
3. Discuss the next scene involving Eagle, Wolf, and Spider.
4. What information does Eagle have about the relationship between Barbara and Grafton? What is the current state of their relationship?
5. Who does Eagle hire in chapter 40? What is the job responsibility for the new employee?
6. What is Willet's first step after meeting with Eagle?
7. Explain the exchange between Wolf and Spider.
8. What causes the sheriff to rule out Wolf as a suspect in Mark's murder?
9. Who greets Willet at Wilderness Gate upon his return? What is Willet's response?
10. Explain Eagle's plans for New Year's Eve.
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between Barbara and Ed. Are they close? Is there anything unusual about their relationship? How could Barbara's criminal past affect the relationship? Discuss the scene in which Ed first meets Barbara. What is Ed's reaction? Is it a normal reaction or unusual for the attorney? Is Ed's interest in Barbara legal? Is it ethical? Could the relationship between Ed and Barbara cause a conflict of interest in Wolf's case? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the scene in which Barbara shoots Julia. Why does Barbara shoot her sister? Are there any alternatives? What are the men doing at this point? What do you think will happen with Monica? What will Ed tell the police about the scene? Do you think Ed will defend Barbara in Julia's death? Was Julia's death murder or self-defense? What do you think will happen to Barbara? Will the punishment be just?
Essay Topic 3
Three bodies are discovered in the guest room at Wilderness Gate. Explain the condition of the bodies. How are the bodies identified? Who provides the identification? Do police check the identities in any other way? Explain. Would it be helpful to check fingerprints? Could the police use dental records for identification? Are the identifications correct? Explain. Would these murders be handled differently than any other murder? Explain.
This section contains 2,176 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)