|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has escaped from prison?
2. Eagle believes the third murder victim is ______.
3. What is the name of Jack's former assistant?
4. Who questions Shea about Willet's mental state?
5. What is a hogan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wolf do even though it is breaking the law? Why does Wolf do it?
2. What is the purpose of Barbara Kennerly's appearance at Eagle's office?
3. Discuss at least one of the conversations between Eagle and Willet.
4. Explain the exchange between Wolf and Spider.
5. Examine the first scene in which the reader meets Willet.
6. What are Willet's plans at this point?
7. What is the purpose of Eagle's trip to the Women's Correctional Facility in Poughkeepsie? Who does Eagle meet?
8. Who greets Willet at Wilderness Gate upon his return? What is Willet's response?
9. What information does Eagle have about the relationship between Barbara and Grafton? What is the current state of their relationship?
10. Explain Willet's meeting with his associates in LA.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ed Eagle is a no nonsense attorney in Santa Fe. Examine Eagle's career. Why do you think Shea recommends Eagle? Does Wolf have any knowledge of criminal law? Do Eagle and Shea know each other? If so, how? Write a complete character description of Ed Eagle. Include physical descriptions and other information gleaned from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Wolf tells Eagle about his marriage to Maggie and the accident that killed her and the baby. Discuss the accident. How is it possible that Wolf has no recollection of the accident or of the deaths? What could have caused Wolf's memory loss? Do you think Wolf was drugged? Can amnesia be induced by trauma? Explain. Did the police believe Wolf's claims? How does the story of Maggie's death tie in to the triple murder case? Is there anything that can bring back Wolf's memory?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship between Barbara and Ed. Are they close? Is there anything unusual about their relationship? How could Barbara's criminal past affect the relationship? Discuss the scene in which Ed first meets Barbara. What is Ed's reaction? Is it a normal reaction or unusual for the attorney? Is Ed's interest in Barbara legal? Is it ethical? Could the relationship between Ed and Barbara cause a conflict of interest in Wolf's case? Explain.
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)