Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who questions Willet?
2. One is identified by which of the following:
3. One of the other victims was identified by which of the following:
4. What is the name of Julia's sister?
5. What is this character's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the next scene involving Eagle, Wolf, and Spider.
2. Who greets Willet at Wilderness Gate upon his return? What is Willet's response?
3. Explain Eagle's plans for New Year's Eve.
4. Explain Willet's meeting with his associates in LA.
5. Where does Willet first see Barbara? What is Willet's reaction?
6. What does Eagle ask Wolf to do next? What is the purpose?
7. What is Eagle's perception of Barbara? What does Eagle do next?
8. What does Wolf do on New Year's Day?
9. Who does Eagle hire in chapter 40? What is the job responsibility for the new employee?
10. What are Willet's plans at this point?
Essay Topic 1
Ed Eagle is a no nonsense attorney in Santa Fe. Examine Eagle's career. Why do you think Shea recommends Eagle? Does Wolf have any knowledge of criminal law? Do Eagle and Shea know each other? If so, how? Write a complete character description of Ed Eagle. Include physical descriptions and other information gleaned from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Reputation is a touchy subject in places like Santa Fe and Los Angeles, particularly for Wolf Willet. Examine Wolf's reputation and its importance. Why is Wolf's reputation important in Los Angeles? Why is it important in Santa Fe? Why does Willet insist on finishing the film before anyone finds out about the murders? How could Willet's arrest affect his career? Is there anything Willet could do to reduce the amount of gossip or speculation about his part in the murders? What could be done in the area of damage control? How could Eagle help in this area? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Wolf meets Spider in jail. Explain the scene in which the men meet. Who is approached? What is the context of the first conversation? How do the men realize Spider has useful information? What kind of information does Spider have? How can it help Wolf? Is it coincidental that Spider has this information or does it seem a little too convenient? How did Spider get the information? Is it reliable? How does Spider help in the future? Also discuss Spider's criminal past and why Wolf chooses to trust him.
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)