|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many murder victims are there?
2. Which is not one of the items recommended by Willet?
3. Willet requests that ____ should be the new executor of Jack's will.
4. What type of car did Julia drive?
5. Who goes to visit Eagle at his office?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the exchange between Wolf and Spider.
2. What is the purpose of Barbara Kennerly's appearance at Eagle's office?
3. Discuss the arrival of Jane in Santa Fe.
4. What does Cupie find at the paper maker's place?
5. Who is the main character in the story? What is the man's profession?
6. Who is Jackson Tinney? What is his relationship to Willet?
7. What does Eagle ask Wolf to do next? What is the purpose?
8. Who is Russell Norris? What is his part in the case?
9. What does Barbara attempt to tell Eagle and Wolf? Why is Barbara at Wolf's house?
10. Explain the relationship between Eagle and Barbara.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Wolf disobeys the court order and takes Jane on his private plane. Where does the couple go? Why does Wolf disobey the court order? What is in the court order? Does Jane know that Wolf is breaking the law? If so, what does she say? If not, how do you think she would react if she found out? Why is it so important for Wolf to take the trip? What might happen if Wolf gets caught? Does Eagle know about the trip? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's use of Santa Fe for the setting in the Ed Eagle series. Why do you think Woods chose New Mexico? How accurate do you think the setting is in regards to the real location? What areas are most commonly referenced in the story? What other location might have worked as well, if not better, than Santa Fe? What is unique about the setting? What regionalisms are exhibited by Eagle and the rest of the characters? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Wolf meets Spider in jail. Explain the scene in which the men meet. Who is approached? What is the context of the first conversation? How do the men realize Spider has useful information? What kind of information does Spider have? How can it help Wolf? Is it coincidental that Spider has this information or does it seem a little too convenient? How did Spider get the information? Is it reliable? How does Spider help in the future? Also discuss Spider's criminal past and why Wolf chooses to trust him.
This section contains 2,131 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)