|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has escaped from prison?
2. What is this character's profession?
3. Everyone assumes that Ed is a(n):
4. The doctor refuses to share ____ with Willet.
5. Which is not part of the Four Corners?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Willet land the plane? What disturbing fact does Willet realize when speaking to the mechanic?
2. What are Willet's plans at this point?
3. Who is Jackson Tinney? What is his relationship to Willet?
4. Explain the exchange between Wolf and Spider.
5. Discuss the story of Willet and his first wife, Maggie. How did Maggie die?
6. What shocking news does Willet receive when he reads the newspaper in his hotel room?
7. What is Willet's first step after meeting with Eagle?
8. What is Eagle's perception of Barbara? What does Eagle do next?
9. What is the purpose of Barbara Kennerly's appearance at Eagle's office?
10. What does Willet learn when he reads Tinney's will? What is the big surprise?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are several people mentioned early in the text regarding the movie business in Los Angeles. They include Wolf Willet, Jack Tinney and Hal Berger. Compare and contrast the three characters in reference to their personal and professional interests as well as their interest in the success of the partnership. Who stands to benefit the most? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between Barbara and Ed. Are they close? Is there anything unusual about their relationship? How could Barbara's criminal past affect the relationship? Discuss the scene in which Ed first meets Barbara. What is Ed's reaction? Is it a normal reaction or unusual for the attorney? Is Ed's interest in Barbara legal? Is it ethical? Could the relationship between Ed and Barbara cause a conflict of interest in Wolf's case? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Assuming a psychiatrist's point of view, analyze the situation with Miriam aka Julia. Discuss Julia's past history in regards to psychiatric issues and illegal activity. What would a psychiatrist say about Julia's selfishness and continuous string of schemes? Is Julia mentally ill? What would the terminology be from a psychiatrist's point of view? What kind of treatment might Julia have benefited from before the situation got out of hand? Is the behavior something that can be "cured?" If so, how? If not, what else can be done?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)