|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What letter is connected to the hangars mentioned in the story?
2. What is a hogan?
3. No matter what happens, Wolf refuses to _____.
4. Willet takes Jane to dinner at the home of the Duke and Duchess of ______.
5. What is the name of the funeral director?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Shea find so strange about the accident?
2. Explain the exchange between Wolf and Spider.
3. Discuss the story of Willet and his first wife, Maggie. How did Maggie die?
4. Discuss the meeting between Eagle and Shea. What does Eagle learn?
5. What does Willet learn when he reads Tinney's will? What is the big surprise?
6. Explain the relationship between Eagle and Barbara.
7. Willet returns home and immediately goes to see which person? What is learned during the visit?
8. What is Willet's first step after meeting with Eagle?
9. What shocking news does Willet receive when he reads the newspaper in his hotel room?
10. How long does it take Willet to finish the project? Who works alongside Willet at this time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write your own murder mystery based on SANTA FE RULES. Use Ed Eagle as the lead character. Supply complete storyboards. Include character information, plot, synopsis, etc. Explain your inspiration.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between Barbara and Ed. Are they close? Is there anything unusual about their relationship? How could Barbara's criminal past affect the relationship? Discuss the scene in which Ed first meets Barbara. What is Ed's reaction? Is it a normal reaction or unusual for the attorney? Is Ed's interest in Barbara legal? Is it ethical? Could the relationship between Ed and Barbara cause a conflict of interest in Wolf's case? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Miriam aka Julia steals a great deal of money from Wolf. How much money is stolen by Julia? How does she do it? When does she do it? What is the reason for the theft? Who discovers the theft? Where is the money? How can Wolf get the money back? What does the theft tell you about Julia? Does the theft make sense given Barbara's description of her sister? Explain. Who intervenes in the case of the stolen funds? What happens to the money in the end? What would you do in Wolf's position? How did the transfer of the funds compromise Julia's plan?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)