|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who questions Willet?
2. What do Wolf, Jane and Sara do in the evening?
3. It is suspicious that Willet seems to lack ____.
4. Who is waiting for Willet when he arrives home?
5. What was the name of Willet's first wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Willet do in order to alleviate his loneliness?
2. Discuss the story of Willet and his first wife, Maggie. How did Maggie die?
3. What does Willet do when the film is finished?
4. What is Willet's first step after meeting with Eagle?
5. Discuss at least one of the conversations between Eagle and Willet.
6. Who is the main character in the story? What is the man's profession?
7. What does Shea find so strange about the accident?
8. What type of advice is exchanged between Jane and Wolf?
9. Examine the first scene in which the reader meets Willet.
10. What shocking news does Willet receive when he reads the newspaper in his hotel room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Reputation is a touchy subject in places like Santa Fe and Los Angeles, particularly for Wolf Willet. Examine Wolf's reputation and its importance. Why is Wolf's reputation important in Los Angeles? Why is it important in Santa Fe? Why does Willet insist on finishing the film before anyone finds out about the murders? How could Willet's arrest affect his career? Is there anything Willet could do to reduce the amount of gossip or speculation about his part in the murders? What could be done in the area of damage control? How could Eagle help in this area? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Examine Stuart Woods' Ed Eagle series. How many books are there? Write a character profile of Ed Eagle. Discuss how the character has progressed and evolved throughout the series. Where might Eagle go next? How might Eagle's relationships change in future books? What type of case might Eagle accept next?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's use of Santa Fe for the setting in the Ed Eagle series. Why do you think Woods chose New Mexico? How accurate do you think the setting is in regards to the real location? What areas are most commonly referenced in the story? What other location might have worked as well, if not better, than Santa Fe? What is unique about the setting? What regionalisms are exhibited by Eagle and the rest of the characters? Explain.
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)