|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the first character introduced in this chapter?
2. What type of treatment does Willet undergo?
3. What does Wolf take to the mountaintop?
4. One of the other victims was identified by which of the following:
5. Willet lands at which airport?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Willet learn when he reads Tinney's will? What is the big surprise?
2. Who greets Willet at Wilderness Gate upon his return? What is Willet's response?
3. Who is Jackson Tinney? What is his relationship to Willet?
4. What is the conversation between Jane and Wolf during dinner?
5. Explain the relationship between Eagle and Barbara.
6. Willet returns home and immediately goes to see which person? What is learned during the visit?
7. What does Shea find so strange about the accident?
8. What are Willet's plans at this point?
9. What is Willet's first step after meeting with Eagle?
10. Why is Eagle annoyed with Willet at the party? What are Eagle's instructions to Willet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Symbolism is an important part of a mystery, often giving clues to the reader and the story's detective. What are the ways in which Woods uses symbolism in his stories? Give examples of blatant symbolism and more subtle symbolism. Compare and contrast the symbolism used in Woods' mysteries and the mysteries written by another famous author.
Essay Topic 2
Write your own murder mystery based on SANTA FE RULES. Use Ed Eagle as the lead character. Supply complete storyboards. Include character information, plot, synopsis, etc. Explain your inspiration.
Essay Topic 3
There are several people mentioned early in the text regarding the movie business in Los Angeles. They include Wolf Willet, Jack Tinney and Hal Berger. Compare and contrast the three characters in reference to their personal and professional interests as well as their interest in the success of the partnership. Who stands to benefit the most? Explain.
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)