|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a hogan?
(c) Small lake.
(d) Outcropping of rocks.
2. Who is the sole beneficiary of Tinney's will?
3. What letter is connected to the hangars mentioned in the story?
4. Who is desperately trying to get the man's attention during breakfast?
5. Who does Wolf meets for drinks later that day?
Short Answer Questions
1. Eagle notices what detail about the woman?
2. Hannah was found guilty of planning whose murder?
3. What item does Willet read in the New York Times?
4. Who arrives at Wolf's house?
5. Where was Willet found by the police?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of Barbara Kennerly's appearance at Eagle's office?
2. What does Cupie find at the paper maker's place?
3. What are Willet's plans at this point?
4. Why is Eagle annoyed with Willet at the party? What are Eagle's instructions to Willet?
5. Discuss the next scene involving Eagle, Wolf, and Spider.
6. Eagle calls Wolf with important and disturbing news. What is the news?
7. What is Eagle's perception of Barbara? What does Eagle do next?
8. Discuss the story of Willet and his first wife, Maggie. How did Maggie die?
9. What shocking news does Willet receive when he reads the newspaper in his hotel room?
10. Who does Eagle hire in chapter 40? What is the job responsibility for the new employee?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)