|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who runs Ruby out of the hotel?
2. Temple had been sent to _____________ to stay with an aunt.
3. What is Belle doing when Benbow returns home?
4. Who does Reba tell that she is furious with Popeye?
5. Which of the following does NOT fill Temple's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Benbow show that he is a compassionate man?
2. What is Goodwin's ultimate fate?
3. What is Goodwin's fatalistic approach to his case?
4. Who is Eustace Graham?
5. What crime has Popeye committed against Temple?
6. What decision does Benbow make regarding his personal life?
7. What is Narcissa's position when she learns that Ruby and her child have been run out of the hotel?
8. What is Temple's condition when Benbow finally finds her?
9. Explain the metaphor of Temple's being tossed around during the rough car ride.
10. What is the nature of Temple's court appearance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Temple. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point?
Essay Topic 2
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Benbow, Temple and Ruby. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, socialization, etc.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Popeye. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this po
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)