|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Temple return to Reba's without Popeye?
2. Narcissa thinks that Benbow is _______________ for defending Goodwin.
3. Graham says that Goodwin's case should take no longer than _______________.
4. What does Benbow do on the night after Ruby testifies.
5. Who was the man who was killed in the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is strange about Reba's lack of questioning Temple's situation?
2. What information does the opportunistic Snopes sell to Benbow?
3. What decision does Benbow make regarding his personal life?
4. Why does Temple leave Popeye at the bar and return to Reba's alone?
5. Who is Eustace Graham?
6. What is Temple's condition when Benbow finally finds her?
7. What crime has Popeye committed against Temple?
8. What information does Ruby give Benbow regarding Temple and Temple's role in her shocking situation?
9. What is the nature of Narcissa's visit with Eustace Graham?
10. What does Narcissa think about Benbow's insistence on defending Goodwin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Temple. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of corruption. Identify at least two examples about corruption in the book. Then explain how each example supports the theme of corruption.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Popeye. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this po
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)