|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Faulkner states that it has been a ______________ summer.
2. What is Miss Jenny's opinion of all men who make, sell or drink whiskey?
3. Why does Reba get angry at Popeye?
4. Snopes can be characterized as ____________________.
5. Who stays in the room when Benbow interviews Temple?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Benbow, Temple and Ruby. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, socialization, etc.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one theme in the novel. Identify at least two themes in the story and then cite an example to support each theme.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Goodwin. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)