|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Benbow get but does not tell Narcissa about it?
2. Where do Snopes and his traveling companion end up staying in Memphis?
3. Graham says that Goodwin's case should take no longer than _______________.
4. What do Benbow and Ruby argue about?
5. Reba complains about beer and men with ____________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the overall setting for the novel. Why does Faulkner use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did the author mean by calling the book SANCTUARY? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Ruby and Temple. What are their obvious differences? Why does Ruby feel such disdain for Temple? What does Temple think about Ruby? What things bring them together? What similarities do they share?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)