Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Temple eventually realize about the men at the plantation?
2. About what topic do Benbow and his wife argue?
3. Who is the current beau of Benbow's sister?
4. What has Stevens proven by his recent behavior?
5. Who is Benbow's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Temple's condition when Benbow finally finds her?
2. Why does Popeye feel the need to assert himself in every situation and why is he a powerful person in the operation?
3. How does Faulkner finally indicate who was murdered?
4. Explain Goodwin's downfall as it is detailed in Chapter 17.
5. What behavior do the men at the plantation exhibit that frightens Temple?
6. What is the nature of Goodwin's whiskey operation?
7. How does Benbow continue to show his compassion for Ruby and Goodwin?
8. Why does Narcissa demand that Benbow remove Ruby and her baby from their home and put them in a hotel?
9. How does Temple blame Stevens for their predicament?
10. Why does Narcissa continue to insert herself into Benbow's life?
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Popeye. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this po
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Ruby. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the novel's title. What did the author mean by calling the book SANCTUARY? Cite an example to support your answer.
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)