|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the doctor at first refuse to come when Reba calls?
(a) He won't go to a whorehouse.
(b) He is ill.
(c) He doesn't work on Sundays.
(d) He is out of town.
2. Benbow asks Temple about where ____________ is.
3. How long does the jury deliberate in Goodwin's trial?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 8 minutes.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 4 hours.
4. What realization does Temple finally come to?
(a) She was drugged.
(b) She is in a whorehouse.
(c) She is in Minnesota.
(d) She has committed murder.
5. What does Reba learn about Popeye?
(a) He cannot pay his bills.
(b) He has a wife in Oregon.
(c) He is a rumrunner.
(d) He has been inviting men to Temple's room for sex.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ruby want to walk down the street to the hotel by herself?
2. Why does the person in #96 congratulate Temple?
3. What is Temple's drink of choice?
4. Ruby offers to pay for Benbow's services with ____________________.
5. What is Temple's physical condition?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Reba tell Temple that she should feel lucky that Popeye has chosen her?
2. How does Benbow show that he is a compassionate man?
3. What is Narcissa's position when she learns that Ruby and her child have been run out of the hotel?
4. Why does Clarence ridicule Virgil and Fonzo?
5. Why does Temple leave Popeye at the bar and return to Reba's alone?
6. Where does Popeye take Temple in Memphis?
7. What is strange about Reba's lack of questioning Temple's situation?
8. Explain the metaphor of Temple's being tossed around during the rough car ride.
9. Why does Narcissa continue to insert herself into Benbow's life?
10. What does Narcissa think about Benbow's insistence on defending Goodwin?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)