|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the verdict in Goodwin's trial?
(a) Guilty of murder.
(b) Hung jury.
(c) Reasonable doubt.
2. What does Narcissa plan to tell Belle?
(a) Benbow will be home after the trial.
(b) Benbow is having an affair.
(c) Benbow has sold their house.
(d) Benbow is an alcoholic.
3. Where is Popeye taking Temple?
(c) Hot Springs.
4. Benbow learns that Temple is in what city?
5. Snopes has a virulent hatred for ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eustace Graham's distinguishing physical characteristic?
2. Benbow asks Temple about where ____________ is.
3. In what state is Belle living now?
4. Why does Temple return to Reba's without Popeye?
5. Ruby offers to pay for Benbow's services with ____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Virgil Snopes and Fonzo unwittingly end up staying at Reba's whorehouse?
2. What is the nature of Narcissa's visit with Eustace Graham?
3. Why does Clarence ridicule Virgil and Fonzo?
4. Where does Popeye take Temple in Memphis?
5. What is Goodwin's ultimate fate?
6. How does Benbow continue to show his compassion for Ruby and Goodwin?
7. How does Benbow meet Senator Snopes and what information does he give Benbow regarding Temple?
8. Why does Reba tell Temple that she should feel lucky that Popeye has chosen her?
9. What decision does Benbow make regarding his personal life?
10. Why does Temple leave Popeye at the bar and return to Reba's alone?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)