|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Faulkner states that it has been a ______________ summer.
2. What increases Temple's physical pain?
(a) A beating.
(b) Driving on a rutted road.
(c) More rapes.
(d) Cigarette burns.
3. Snopes can be characterized as ____________________.
4. Why does Benbow write Belle a letter?
(a) To ask about the children.
(b) To ask for a divorce.
(c) To ask to reconcile.
(d) To send her money.
5. Who was the man who was killed in the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. Narcissa claims that Benbow is not the best ___________________.
2. How long do Snopes and his traveling companion intend to stay at the location in #117?
3. Which of the following has Narcissa NOT managed to save during the story?
4. Benbow learns that Stevens was mad and refused to stay for dinner because __________________.
5. What is Reba's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Benbow show that he is a compassionate man?
2. Why does Temple leave Popeye at the bar and return to Reba's alone?
3. What does Narcissa think about Benbow's insistence on defending Goodwin?
4. Why is Temple's story especially disturbing for Benbow?
5. What is the nature of Narcissa's visit with Eustace Graham?
6. How does Benbow meet Senator Snopes and what information does he give Benbow regarding Temple?
7. How does Temple show that she is shutting herself off from her situation?
8. What decision does Benbow make regarding his personal life?
9. In what way does Ruby try to save Benbow's reputation?
10. What crime has Popeye committed against Temple?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)