|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Clarence Snopes' profession?
2. What does Temple repeatedly demand?
(c) Hot baths.
3. Where do Snopes and his traveling companion end up staying in Memphis?
(a) At a bus station.
(b) At a boarding house.
(c) At a hotel.
(d) At Miss Reba's.
4. Why does Temple drink so much liquor?
(a) To drown her sorrows.
(b) She likes the taste.
(c) She wants to be numb.
(d) She wants to die.
5. How much is a month's lodging at the location in #117?
Short Answer Questions
1. Graham says that Goodwin's case should take no longer than _______________.
2. Who is shocked when he learns about Temple's situation?
3. How long do Snopes and his traveling companion intend to stay at the location in #117?
4. What does Reba learn about Popeye?
5. What increases Temple's physical pain?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Popeye take Temple in Memphis?
2. How does Snopes show his vehement prejudice against Jews?
3. How do Virgil Snopes and Fonzo unwittingly end up staying at Reba's whorehouse?
4. How does Benbow meet Senator Snopes and what information does he give Benbow regarding Temple?
5. Why is Temple's story especially disturbing for Benbow?
6. What is Goodwin's fatalistic approach to his case?
7. How does Faulkner finally indicate who was murdered?
8. What is Temple's condition when Benbow finally finds her?
9. What information does the opportunistic Snopes sell to Benbow?
10. Why does Reba tell Temple that she should feel lucky that Popeye has chosen her?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)