|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Belle asks Benbow for _________________.
(a) Belle's address.
2. How many days do Snopes and his traveling companion stay at the location in #117 before they realize the nature of the place?
3. What does Temple do when Benbow offers to take her home?
(a) She jumps out of bed naked.
(b) She says she needs just a minute to pack her things.
(c) She runs out with no shoes on.
(d) She refuses to go.
4. What happens to Goodwin?
(a) He is sent to a federal prison.
(b) A mob burns him alive.
(c) He is sentenced to hang.
(d) He is free to go home.
5. What does Benbow do on the night after Ruby testifies.
(a) Goes to bed early.
(b) Gives an interview.
(c) Gets drunk.
(d) Coaches Ruby some more.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Temple when she takes the stand in Goodwin's trial?
2. Faulkner states that it has been a ______________ summer.
3. What will probably happen to Goodwin?
4. With what object has Popeye raped Temple?
5. According to Ruby, what exacerbated the attack on Temple?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is strange about Reba's lack of questioning Temple's situation?
2. What is Temple's condition when Benbow finally finds her?
3. How does Benbow continue to show his compassion for Ruby and Goodwin?
4. What is Narcissa's position when she learns that Ruby and her child have been run out of the hotel?
5. What information does Ruby give Benbow regarding Temple and Temple's role in her shocking situation?
6. Why does Clarence ridicule Virgil and Fonzo?
7. How does Faulkner finally indicate who was murdered?
8. How does Benbow meet Senator Snopes and what information does he give Benbow regarding Temple?
9. What is Goodwin's ultimate fate?
10. What crime has Popeye committed against Temple?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)