|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Snopes has a virulent hatred for ______________.
2. Belle asks Benbow for _________________.
(a) Belle's address.
3. Temple had been sent to _____________ to stay with an aunt.
(a) New York.
4. What does Narcissa offer to pay for for Ruby?
(a) A new car.
(b) Clothes for the baby.
(c) A criminal attorney.
(d) A new dress.
5. What is Temple's drink of choice?
(c) Red wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Reba tell that she is furious with Popeye?
2. Who is the doctor who services the whorehouse?
3. Snopes can be characterized as ____________________.
4. What information does Benbow uncover about Temple?
5. Who is Temple's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What crime has Popeye committed against Temple?
2. Who is Eustace Graham?
3. Where does Popeye take Temple in Memphis?
4. Why does Narcissa continue to insert herself into Benbow's life?
5. How does Faulkner finally indicate who was murdered?
6. What is the nature of Temple's court appearance?
7. How does Benbow meet Senator Snopes and what information does he give Benbow regarding Temple?
8. In what way does Ruby try to save Benbow's reputation?
9. Why does Miss Reba get so mad at Popeye?
10. How does Benbow continue to show his compassion for Ruby and Goodwin?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)