|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Goodwin?
(a) He is sent to a federal prison.
(b) He is sentenced to hang.
(c) A mob burns him alive.
(d) He is free to go home.
2. Why does Ruby want to walk down the street to the hotel by herself?
(a) So she can stop in a bar.
(b) So she can do some window shopping.
(c) So she won't tarnish Benbow's reputation.
(d) So she can pick up a guy.
3. What is the verdict in Goodwin's trial?
(b) Reasonable doubt.
(c) Guilty of murder.
(d) Hung jury.
4. What do the townspeople think of the fire that killed Goodwin?
(a) They celebrate it.
(b) They are shocked.
(c) They are mildly interested.
(d) They have no opinion on it.
5. Who is the doctor who services the whorehouse?
(a) Dr. Quinn.
(b) Dr. Clark.
(c) Dr. Caldwell.
(d) Dr. Mallory.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city is Popeye arrested?
2. Temple tells Benbow all the details of the night __________________.
3. Snopes can be characterized as ____________________.
4. Who is Benbow's stepdaughter?
5. What does Reba learn about Popeye?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Ruby give Benbow regarding Temple and Temple's role in her shocking situation?
2. What is the nature of Narcissa's visit with Eustace Graham?
3. What information does the opportunistic Snopes sell to Benbow?
4. Where does Popeye take Temple in Memphis?
5. What is Narcissa's position when she learns that Ruby and her child have been run out of the hotel?
6. Why does Clarence ridicule Virgil and Fonzo?
7. What is the nature of Temple's court appearance?
8. What decision does Benbow make regarding his personal life?
9. What crime has Popeye committed against Temple?
10. What is strange about Reba's lack of questioning Temple's situation?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)