|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Temple drink so much liquor?
(a) She likes the taste.
(b) To drown her sorrows.
(c) She wants to be numb.
(d) She wants to die.
2. What was Popeye's physical status as a child?
(b) Dwarf size.
(d) Very tall.
3. What is Miss Jenny's opinion of all men who make, sell or drink whiskey?
(a) They are doing what comes naturally.
(b) They should be shot.
(c) The law will catch up with them eventually.
(d) It helps the local economy.
4. Who is the doctor who services the whorehouse?
(a) Dr. Clark.
(b) Dr. Mallory.
(c) Dr. Quinn.
(d) Dr. Caldwell.
5. What does Benbow do on the night after Ruby testifies.
(a) Gives an interview.
(b) Gets drunk.
(c) Goes to bed early.
(d) Coaches Ruby some more.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Popeye do instead of attending his own birthday party as a child?
2. Narcissa thinks that Benbow is _______________ for defending Goodwin.
3. Why does Temple return to Reba's without Popeye?
4. What is Graham's opinion of Benbow's chances in Goodwin's trial?
5. Ruby offers to pay for Benbow's services with ____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Temple's story especially disturbing for Benbow?
2. What is the nature of Temple's court appearance?
3. How do Virgil Snopes and Fonzo unwittingly end up staying at Reba's whorehouse?
4. Why does Miss Reba get so mad at Popeye?
5. What does Benbow learn about Temple and Popeye's location just prior to the trial?
6. What information does the opportunistic Snopes sell to Benbow?
7. What is Temple's condition when Benbow finally finds her?
8. Why does Reba tell Temple that she should feel lucky that Popeye has chosen her?
9. How does Benbow show that he is a compassionate man?
10. What information does Ruby give Benbow regarding Temple and Temple's role in her shocking situation?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)