|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the townspeople think of the fire that killed Goodwin?
(a) They have no opinion on it.
(b) They are shocked.
(c) They are mildly interested.
(d) They celebrate it.
2. Who is shocked when he learns about Temple's situation?
3. Who takes Temple out of the courtroom?
(a) Her father.
(d) Her sister.
4. Who does Temple say shot Tommy?
5. Ruby offers to pay for Benbow's services with ____________________.
(a) her savings.
(b) a bank loan.
(c) her body.
(d) the moonshine money.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what object has Popeye raped Temple?
2. Popeye takes Temple to a bar that has _______________.
3. Who owns the business in #95?
4. What realization does Temple finally come to?
5. Who is the doctor who services the whorehouse?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Benbow continue to show his compassion for Ruby and Goodwin?
2. How do Virgil Snopes and Fonzo unwittingly end up staying at Reba's whorehouse?
3. Why is Temple's story especially disturbing for Benbow?
4. Explain the metaphor of Temple's being tossed around during the rough car ride.
5. What is Goodwin's ultimate fate?
6. What is strange about Reba's lack of questioning Temple's situation?
7. In what way does Ruby try to save Benbow's reputation?
8. What information does Ruby give Benbow regarding Temple and Temple's role in her shocking situation?
9. What decision does Benbow make regarding his personal life?
10. What is Goodwin's fatalistic approach to his case?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)