|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Narcissa not allow Ruby to stay in her home?
(a) Ruby's baby is too loud.
(b) She has to worry about her reputation.
(c) Ruby drinks too much.
(d) Ruby swears really loud.
2. Where do Snopes and his traveling companion end up staying in Memphis?
(a) At Miss Reba's.
(b) At a bus station.
(c) At a hotel.
(d) At a boarding house.
3. What realization does Temple finally come to?
(a) She has committed murder.
(b) She was drugged.
(c) She is in Minnesota.
(d) She is in a whorehouse.
4. Benbow asks Temple about where ____________ is.
5. Who is shocked when he learns about Temple's situation?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Temple do when Benbow offers to take her home?
2. Temple had been sent to _____________ to stay with an aunt.
3. What does Narcissa plan to tell Belle?
4. How much is a month's lodging at the location in #117?
5. With what object has Popeye raped Temple?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Temple's condition when Benbow finally finds her?
2. What is the nature of Narcissa's visit with Eustace Graham?
3. What is the nature of Temple's court appearance?
4. What crime has Popeye committed against Temple?
5. What does Benbow learn about Temple and Popeye's location just prior to the trial?
6. How does Benbow show that he is a compassionate man?
7. What decision does Benbow make regarding his personal life?
8. What is Goodwin's ultimate fate?
9. How does Temple show that she is shutting herself off from her situation?
10. Where does Popeye take Temple in Memphis?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)