|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following has Narcissa NOT managed to save during the story?
(a) Benbow's marriage.
(c) Benbow's career.
(d) Her reputation.
2. Snopes has a virulent hatred for ______________.
3. Narcissa claims that Benbow is not the best ___________________.
(a) criminal attorney.
4. Benbow sees that Temple has been affected by _________________.
(a) All of these.
(b) The rape.
(d) Her surroundings.
5. Who is the doctor who services the whorehouse?
(a) Dr. Clark.
(b) Dr. Caldwell.
(c) Dr. Mallory.
(d) Dr. Quinn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Clarence Snopes' profession?
2. What happens to Goodwin?
3. What is Benbow's reaction to the verdict?
4. Who takes Temple out of the courtroom?
5. Who owns the business in #95?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Popeye take Temple in Memphis?
2. What is Goodwin's fatalistic approach to his case?
3. How does Snopes show his vehement prejudice against Jews?
4. How does Benbow meet Senator Snopes and what information does he give Benbow regarding Temple?
5. What does Benbow learn about Temple and Popeye's location just prior to the trial?
6. Why does Narcissa continue to insert herself into Benbow's life?
7. What does Narcissa think about Benbow's insistence on defending Goodwin?
8. What is the nature of Temple's court appearance?
9. What is the nature of Narcissa's visit with Eustace Graham?
10. What information does Ruby give Benbow regarding Temple and Temple's role in her shocking situation?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)