|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reba learn about Popeye?
(a) He cannot pay his bills.
(b) He is a rumrunner.
(c) He has been inviting men to Temple's room for sex.
(d) He has a wife in Oregon.
2. What does Narcissa plan to tell Belle?
(a) Benbow is having an affair.
(b) Benbow has sold their house.
(c) Benbow will be home after the trial.
(d) Benbow is an alcoholic.
3. Ruby offers to pay for Benbow's services with ____________________.
(a) a bank loan.
(b) her body.
(c) the moonshine money.
(d) her savings.
4. Which of the following does NOT fill Temple's room?
(c) Beautiful clothes.
(d) Luxury items.
5. What is Benbow's reaction to the verdict?
(a) He gets drunk.
(b) He screams.
(c) He laughs out loud.
(d) He shakes and cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Popeye take Temple?
2. How much is a month's lodging at the location in #117?
3. Temple tells Benbow all the details of the night __________________.
4. Which of the following has Narcissa NOT managed to save during the story?
5. What do Benbow and Ruby argue about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Benbow learn about Temple and Popeye's location just prior to the trial?
2. Who is Eustace Graham?
3. In what way does Ruby try to save Benbow's reputation?
4. What information does the opportunistic Snopes sell to Benbow?
5. What decision does Benbow make regarding his personal life?
6. What is strange about Reba's lack of questioning Temple's situation?
7. Why does Clarence ridicule Virgil and Fonzo?
8. What does Narcissa think about Benbow's insistence on defending Goodwin?
9. What is Goodwin's fatalistic approach to his case?
10. Why is Temple's story especially disturbing for Benbow?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)