|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers to sell information about Temple to Benbow?
2. Why does Temple drink so much liquor?
(a) She wants to die.
(b) She likes the taste.
(c) She wants to be numb.
(d) To drown her sorrows.
3. What information does Benbow uncover about Temple?
(a) She has dropped out of school.
(b) She is Homecoming Queen.
(c) She is a prostitute.
(d) She has run off to get married.
4. What does Narcissa offer to pay for for Ruby?
(a) Clothes for the baby.
(b) A new dress.
(c) A new car.
(d) A criminal attorney.
5. What is Benbow's reaction to the verdict?
(a) He shakes and cries.
(b) He gets drunk.
(c) He screams.
(d) He laughs out loud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Goodwin's position on his case?
2. Why does the person in #96 congratulate Temple?
3. According to Ruby, what exacerbated the attack on Temple?
4. Why does Reba get angry at Popeye?
5. Temple tells Benbow all the details of the night __________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Benbow continue to show his compassion for Ruby and Goodwin?
2. What is the nature of Narcissa's visit with Eustace Graham?
3. Why does Miss Reba get so mad at Popeye?
4. Explain the metaphor of Temple's being tossed around during the rough car ride.
5. What does Narcissa think about Benbow's insistence on defending Goodwin?
6. How does Faulkner finally indicate who was murdered?
7. What decision does Benbow make regarding his personal life?
8. What information does Ruby give Benbow regarding Temple and Temple's role in her shocking situation?
9. Where does Popeye take Temple in Memphis?
10. What is the nature of Temple's court appearance?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)