|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Benbow learns that Temple is in what city?
2. What information does Benbow uncover about Temple?
(a) She has dropped out of school.
(b) She is a prostitute.
(c) She is Homecoming Queen.
(d) She has run off to get married.
3. Narcissa thinks that Benbow is _______________ for defending Goodwin.
4. Benbow sees that Temple has been affected by _________________.
(b) The rape.
(c) All of these.
(d) Her surroundings.
5. What does Temple repeatedly demand?
(c) Hot baths.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Temple and her father doing at the end of the novel?
2. In what state is Belle living now?
3. Who is Snopes' traveling companion?
4. What is Graham's opinion of Benbow's chances in Goodwin's trial?
5. Why does Narcissa not allow Ruby to stay in her home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Benbow show that he is a compassionate man?
2. Why does Miss Reba get so mad at Popeye?
3. Why does Reba tell Temple that she should feel lucky that Popeye has chosen her?
4. What is Narcissa's position when she learns that Ruby and her child have been run out of the hotel?
5. How does Snopes show his vehement prejudice against Jews?
6. What crime has Popeye committed against Temple?
7. Why is Temple's story especially disturbing for Benbow?
8. What does Narcissa think about Benbow's insistence on defending Goodwin?
9. Why does Narcissa continue to insert herself into Benbow's life?
10. What decision does Benbow make regarding his personal life?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)