|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stays in the room when Benbow interviews Temple?
2. Which of the following does Reba NOT tell Temple about Popeye?
(a) He will give her diamonds.
(b) He will treat her well.
(c) He is married.
(d) He will give her nice clothes.
3. Why does Benbow write Belle a letter?
(a) To ask to reconcile.
(b) To send her money.
(c) To ask about the children.
(d) To ask for a divorce.
4. Benbow sees that Temple has been affected by _________________.
(b) The rape.
(c) Her surroundings.
(d) All of these.
5. What does Benbow get but does not tell Narcissa about it?
(a) A new car.
(b) A phone.
(c) A girlfriend.
(d) A radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Temple do when Benbow enters her room?
2. What is Temple's physical condition?
3. Benbow learns that Temple is in what city?
4. What is Belle doing when Benbow returns home?
5. According to Ruby, what exacerbated the attack on Temple?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Clarence ridicule Virgil and Fonzo?
2. Why is Temple's story especially disturbing for Benbow?
3. What information does the opportunistic Snopes sell to Benbow?
4. Why does Reba tell Temple that she should feel lucky that Popeye has chosen her?
5. What does Benbow learn about Temple and Popeye's location just prior to the trial?
6. What is Goodwin's ultimate fate?
7. What is strange about Reba's lack of questioning Temple's situation?
8. In what way does Ruby try to save Benbow's reputation?
9. Why does Miss Reba get so mad at Popeye?
10. Explain the metaphor of Temple's being tossed around during the rough car ride.
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)