|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what object has Popeye raped Temple?
(a) Corn cob.
2. Who is Temple's father?
(a) Judge Drake.
(b) Dr. Miller.
(c) Colonel Morton.
(d) Rev. Caldwell.
3. Graham says that Goodwin's case should take no longer than _______________.
(a) 7 days.
(b) 7 hours.
(c) 2-3 weeks.
(d) 2-3 days.
4. Reba complains about beer and men with ____________.
5. Why does Reba get angry at Popeye?
(a) He took back the ring he gave her.
(b) He backed out of his promise to marry her.
(c) He is using Temple to turn tricks.
(d) He called the cops on her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is a month's lodging at the location in #117?
2. How long does the jury deliberate in Goodwin's trial?
3. Narcissa claims that Benbow is not the best ___________________.
4. What does Benbow do on the night after Ruby testifies.
5. What do the townspeople think of the fire that killed Goodwin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Benbow show that he is a compassionate man?
2. What does Benbow learn about Temple and Popeye's location just prior to the trial?
3. What is strange about Reba's lack of questioning Temple's situation?
4. What decision does Benbow make regarding his personal life?
5. What information does the opportunistic Snopes sell to Benbow?
6. Why does Narcissa continue to insert herself into Benbow's life?
7. How do Virgil Snopes and Fonzo unwittingly end up staying at Reba's whorehouse?
8. How does Benbow continue to show his compassion for Ruby and Goodwin?
9. How does Faulkner finally indicate who was murdered?
10. What information does Ruby give Benbow regarding Temple and Temple's role in her shocking situation?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)