|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Benbow after he interviews Temple?
(a) He takes notes on her story.
(b) He forgets about her.
(c) He calls the sheriff.
(d) He gets violently ill.
2. Who stays in the room when Benbow interviews Temple?
3. What realization does Temple finally come to?
(a) She is in a whorehouse.
(b) She has committed murder.
(c) She was drugged.
(d) She is in Minnesota.
4. What does Benbow do on the night after Ruby testifies.
(a) Gives an interview.
(b) Gets drunk.
(c) Coaches Ruby some more.
(d) Goes to bed early.
5. Who is the doctor who services the whorehouse?
(a) Dr. Mallory.
(b) Dr. Caldwell.
(c) Dr. Quinn.
(d) Dr. Clark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Temple had been sent to _____________ to stay with an aunt.
2. Reba complains about beer and men with ____________.
3. In what city is Popeye arrested?
4. Who does Reba tell that she is furious with Popeye?
5. In what state is Belle living now?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Narcissa think about Benbow's insistence on defending Goodwin?
2. Why does Miss Reba get so mad at Popeye?
3. Why does Temple leave Popeye at the bar and return to Reba's alone?
4. What is strange about Reba's lack of questioning Temple's situation?
5. What decision does Benbow make regarding his personal life?
6. What information does the opportunistic Snopes sell to Benbow?
7. How does Temple show that she is shutting herself off from her situation?
8. How does Benbow continue to show his compassion for Ruby and Goodwin?
9. How does Benbow show that he is a compassionate man?
10. What is Goodwin's fatalistic approach to his case?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)