|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ruby offers to pay for Benbow's services with ____________________.
(a) her body.
(b) a bank loan.
(c) her savings.
(d) the moonshine money.
2. Why does Temple drink so much liquor?
(a) She wants to be numb.
(b) She wants to die.
(c) To drown her sorrows.
(d) She likes the taste.
3. How much is a month's lodging at the location in #117?
4. Faulkner states that it has been a ______________ summer.
5. What does Narcissa plan to tell Belle?
(a) Benbow will be home after the trial.
(b) Benbow is an alcoholic.
(c) Benbow has sold their house.
(d) Benbow is having an affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Popeye do instead of attending his own birthday party as a child?
2. Narcissa claims that Benbow is not the best ___________________.
3. Where is Popeye taking Temple?
4. Who owns the business in #95?
5. How old is Temple when she takes the stand in Goodwin's trial?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Eustace Graham?
2. What information does the opportunistic Snopes sell to Benbow?
3. How does Benbow meet Senator Snopes and what information does he give Benbow regarding Temple?
4. Explain the metaphor of Temple's being tossed around during the rough car ride.
5. How does Benbow continue to show his compassion for Ruby and Goodwin?
6. Why does Narcissa continue to insert herself into Benbow's life?
7. What is the nature of Temple's court appearance?
8. What is Narcissa's position when she learns that Ruby and her child have been run out of the hotel?
9. How do Virgil Snopes and Fonzo unwittingly end up staying at Reba's whorehouse?
10. How does Faulkner finally indicate who was murdered?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)