|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the person in #96 congratulate Temple?
(a) For landing Popeye.
(b) For graduating college.
(c) For losing her virginity.
(d) For resisting arrest.
2. Narcissa thinks that Benbow is _______________ for defending Goodwin.
3. Who does Temple say shot Tommy?
4. Why does Temple return to Reba's without Popeye?
(a) It is getting late.
(b) It is too noisy.
(c) She can't stand the smoke.
(d) They have an argument.
5. Which of the following does Reba NOT tell Temple about Popeye?
(a) He will give her nice clothes.
(b) He is married.
(c) He will treat her well.
(d) He will give her diamonds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Temple had been sent to _____________ to stay with an aunt.
2. What nickname does Snopes call Benbow?
3. How much is a month's lodging at the location in #117?
4. For what is Popeye arrested?
5. What happens to Goodwin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Clarence ridicule Virgil and Fonzo?
2. Where does Popeye take Temple in Memphis?
3. What is Goodwin's fatalistic approach to his case?
4. Why is Temple's story especially disturbing for Benbow?
5. Why does Temple leave Popeye at the bar and return to Reba's alone?
6. What information does the opportunistic Snopes sell to Benbow?
7. What is Goodwin's ultimate fate?
8. What decision does Benbow make regarding his personal life?
9. How does Benbow meet Senator Snopes and what information does he give Benbow regarding Temple?
10. What is the nature of Temple's court appearance?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)