|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Belle doing when Benbow returns home?
2. What are Temple and her father doing at the end of the novel?
(a) Having lunch at home.
(b) Sipping coffee in a cafe.
(c) Walking through a garden.
(d) Driving to the beach.
3. What is the main piece of evidence in Goodwin's trial?
(a) A bullet.
(b) Bloody fingerprints.
(c) A bloody knife.
(d) A blood-stained towel.
4. What information does Benbow uncover about Temple?
(a) She is a prostitute.
(b) She has run off to get married.
(c) She is Homecoming Queen.
(d) She has dropped out of school.
5. Reba complains about beer and men with ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Benbow's interest in taking Goodwin's case?
2. Who owns the business in #95?
3. What does Temple do when Benbow offers to take her home?
4. Who takes Temple out of the courtroom?
5. Who refuses to allow Temple to have any more alcohol?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Snopes show his vehement prejudice against Jews?
2. Why does Clarence ridicule Virgil and Fonzo?
3. What is Goodwin's fatalistic approach to his case?
4. Why is Temple's story especially disturbing for Benbow?
5. Why does Miss Reba get so mad at Popeye?
6. How does Temple show that she is shutting herself off from her situation?
7. Where does Popeye take Temple in Memphis?
8. Why does Reba tell Temple that she should feel lucky that Popeye has chosen her?
9. What is the nature of Temple's court appearance?
10. What information does Ruby give Benbow regarding Temple and Temple's role in her shocking situation?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)