|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Temple's father?
(a) Colonel Morton.
(b) Judge Drake.
(c) Dr. Miller.
(d) Rev. Caldwell.
2. Graham says that Goodwin's case should take no longer than _______________.
(a) 7 days.
(b) 7 hours.
(c) 2-3 days.
(d) 2-3 weeks.
3. What does Reba learn about Popeye?
(a) He has been inviting men to Temple's room for sex.
(b) He cannot pay his bills.
(c) He has a wife in Oregon.
(d) He is a rumrunner.
4. What is Reba's profession?
5. What nickname does Snopes call Benbow?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Narcissa offer to pay for for Ruby?
2. What is Temple's drink of choice?
3. Why does Narcissa not allow Ruby to stay in her home?
4. Who is Benbow's stepdaughter?
5. What is Benbow's reaction to the verdict?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Narcissa's visit with Eustace Graham?
2. What is Goodwin's ultimate fate?
3. Why does Temple leave Popeye at the bar and return to Reba's alone?
4. What does Narcissa think about Benbow's insistence on defending Goodwin?
5. How does Benbow meet Senator Snopes and what information does he give Benbow regarding Temple?
6. How does Temple show that she is shutting herself off from her situation?
7. Who is Eustace Graham?
8. How does Faulkner finally indicate who was murdered?
9. Why does Narcissa continue to insert herself into Benbow's life?
10. Why does Reba tell Temple that she should feel lucky that Popeye has chosen her?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)