|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the townspeople think of the fire that killed Goodwin?
(a) They celebrate it.
(b) They are shocked.
(c) They have no opinion on it.
(d) They are mildly interested.
2. What does Narcissa offer to pay for for Ruby?
(a) A new car.
(b) Clothes for the baby.
(c) A new dress.
(d) A criminal attorney.
3. Benbow learns that Temple is in what city?
4. Why does Temple return to Reba's without Popeye?
(a) They have an argument.
(b) It is getting late.
(c) She can't stand the smoke.
(d) It is too noisy.
5. Temple had been sent to _____________ to stay with an aunt.
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the verdict in Goodwin's trial?
2. Reba complains about beer and men with ____________.
3. Snopes has a virulent hatred for ______________.
4. Why does Reba get angry at Popeye?
5. Narcissa thinks that Benbow is _______________ for defending Goodwin.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Goodwin's ultimate fate?
2. What does Benbow learn about Temple and Popeye's location just prior to the trial?
3. What is the nature of Narcissa's visit with Eustace Graham?
4. Why does Narcissa continue to insert herself into Benbow's life?
5. What is Temple's condition when Benbow finally finds her?
6. What decision does Benbow make regarding his personal life?
7. What information does Ruby give Benbow regarding Temple and Temple's role in her shocking situation?
8. Why is Temple's story especially disturbing for Benbow?
9. Why does Clarence ridicule Virgil and Fonzo?
10. How does Benbow continue to show his compassion for Ruby and Goodwin?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)