|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Temple do when Benbow offers to take her home?
(a) She runs out with no shoes on.
(b) She says she needs just a minute to pack her things.
(c) She refuses to go.
(d) She jumps out of bed naked.
2. What information does Benbow uncover about Temple?
(a) She is Homecoming Queen.
(b) She is a prostitute.
(c) She has dropped out of school.
(d) She has run off to get married.
3. What do the townspeople think of the fire that killed Goodwin?
(a) They are shocked.
(b) They celebrate it.
(c) They have no opinion on it.
(d) They are mildly interested.
4. Benbow learns that Stevens was mad and refused to stay for dinner because __________________.
(a) Narcissa refused to marry him.
(b) Temple broke up with him.
(c) His friend was not invited.
(d) There was no alcohol being served.
5. What does Benbow do on the night after Ruby testifies.
(a) Coaches Ruby some more.
(b) Gets drunk.
(c) Gives an interview.
(d) Goes to bed early.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Benbow and Ruby argue about?
2. What is Benbow's interest in taking Goodwin's case?
3. What does Temple do when Benbow enters her room?
4. Why does Benbow write Belle a letter?
5. Faulkner states that it has been a ______________ summer.
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Ruby try to save Benbow's reputation?
2. What is Temple's condition when Benbow finally finds her?
3. How does Benbow continue to show his compassion for Ruby and Goodwin?
4. What crime has Popeye committed against Temple?
5. Explain the metaphor of Temple's being tossed around during the rough car ride.
6. What is Goodwin's fatalistic approach to his case?
7. What information does Ruby give Benbow regarding Temple and Temple's role in her shocking situation?
8. How does Benbow meet Senator Snopes and what information does he give Benbow regarding Temple?
9. What does Narcissa think about Benbow's insistence on defending Goodwin?
10. Why does Narcissa continue to insert herself into Benbow's life?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)