|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What clothing does Temple put on in the room?
(a) Some overalls.
(b) Cocktail dress.
(c) Two coats.
(d) Jeans and T-shirt.
2. What town does Benbow need to reach by dark?
(a) Lake City.
3. Other than Goodwin, who else knows the truth about the murder?
4. Overall, the person in #31 thinks that Temple is _______________.
5. The person in #31 is prejudiced against _________________.
(a) the upper class.
(b) black people.
(c) Jewish people.
(d) retarded people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it about Benbow that makes Popeye curious?
2. Where does Benbow arrive in the afternoon?
3. How many brothers does Temple have?
4. Where does Temple attend college?
5. Who is the current beau of Benbow's sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ruby continue to come to Temple's rescue?
2. Who is arrested for murder and how does he hamper his own defense?
3. Why does Popeye feel the need to assert himself in every situation and why is he a powerful person in the operation?
4. Describe Temple's fear as she awakens at the plantation the next morning.
5. Who is Benbow and what is his objective for needing to cross the spring?
6. Why is Stevens so upset with himself the next morning?
7. What instruction does Goodwin give to Ruby when she returns to the house?
8. What is Temple's family situation and why does that alienate Ruby?
9. Why is Tommy impotent to completely help Temple when she desperately needs it?
10. How has Stevens let Temple down, and who comes to Temple's rescue?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)