|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Coop?
(a) A bar.
(b) A cafe.
(c) A girls' dorm.
(d) A moonshine still.
2. Where does Benbow take Ruby and her child?
(a) To a hotel.
(b) To a church.
(c) To her sister's house.
(d) To a homeless shelter.
3. Where does Temple wake up?
(a) A hay loft.
(b) A large bedroom.
(c) A cellar.
(d) A crib of cotton hulls.
4. What does Benbow think about Goodwin's behavior?
(a) He is protecting someone.
(b) He is probably guilty.
(c) He is possibly guilty.
(d) He is guilty as sin.
5. What does Temple encounter that terrifies her?
(a) A cut phone cord.
(b) A hatchet in the door.
(c) A lynched man.
(d) A rat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Temple desperately need on this night?
2. Where does Temple attend college?
3. What does Benbow refuse to do with the house he and his sister own?
4. What does Temple eventually realize about the men at the plantation?
5. Who takes away Temple's raincoat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Goodwin's downfall as it is detailed in Chapter 17.
2. Who is Ruby and how does Benbow meet her?
3. What reason does Ruby give Benbow for why she does not return to Memphis?
4. How does Ruby treat Temple and what advice does she give her?
5. Why does Ruby continue to come to Temple's rescue?
6. Why does Popeye feel the need to assert himself in every situation and why is he a powerful person in the operation?
7. How has Stevens let Temple down, and who comes to Temple's rescue?
8. What are some of the reasons that Benbow gives for leaving his wife, Belle?
9. Who is Temple and what is her relationship with Gowan Stevens?
10. What instruction does Goodwin give to Ruby when she returns to the house?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)