|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who attacks Temple in the cotton crib?
2. Where does the person in #21 attend college?
3. What does Benbow refuse to do with the house he and his sister own?
(a) Finish the basement.
(b) Upgrade the kitchen.
(c) Add a garage.
(d) Sell it.
4. What does Temple encounter that terrifies her?
(a) A lynched man.
(b) A rat.
(c) A cut phone cord.
(d) A hatchet in the door.
5. Who is the cook at Old Frenchman Place?
(a) Sadie Lawton.
(b) Janelle Thibideaux.
(c) Jane Davidson.
(d) Ruby Lamar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Temple eventually realize about the men at the plantation?
2. Who does Temple spend time with at the plantation?
3. What does Temple do with her dress?
4. Who does the sheriff take into custody?
5. What did the authorities do regarding Goodwin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Ruby and how does Benbow meet her?
2. Explain Goodwin's downfall as it is detailed in Chapter 17.
3. What is Temple's family situation and why does that alienate Ruby?
4. How does Temple blame Stevens for their predicament?
5. Explain why Benbow assigns a gender to nature.
6. Why is Tommy impotent to completely help Temple when she desperately needs it?
7. What instruction does Goodwin give to Ruby when she returns to the house?
8. Why does Narcissa demand that Benbow remove Ruby and her baby from their home and put them in a hotel?
9. How does Chapter 1 of SANCTUARY begin?
10. Is Stevens really a gentleman who knows how to drink?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)