|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Popeye give the cook for firing him?
(a) He is a bad cook.
(b) People got sick from dinner.
(c) He is not very creative.
(d) It is just time for him to move on.
2. On what charge is the person in #77 taken into custody?
(a) Armed robbery.
(d) Public indecency.
3. What advice does Ruby give to Temple?
(a) To stop drinking.
(b) To finish her degree.
(c) To be nicer to old people.
(d) To leave the plantation.
4. What does Ruby take with her when she goes to the stream to think?
(a) Fishing pole.
5. The local boys know where Gowan can find ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision does Benbow make that displeases Narcissa?
2. Goodwin tells Ruby to call __________________.
3. What does Temple encounter that terrifies her?
4. What does the person in #31 tell Temple about Goodwin?
5. Gowan gets sick because the other boys make him drink a large quantity of ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the reasons that Benbow gives for leaving his wife, Belle?
2. Do Popeye and Temple acknowledge Ruby as they drive away from the plantation?
3. Why is Stevens so upset with himself the next morning?
4. How does Ruby show her prejudice for people in the upper class?
5. Explain why Benbow assigns a gender to nature.
6. Is Stevens really a gentleman who knows how to drink?
7. Who is arrested for murder and how does he hamper his own defense?
8. Who is Ruby and how does Benbow meet her?
9. What is the nature of Goodwin's whiskey operation?
10. Who is Benbow and what is his objective for needing to cross the spring?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)