|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Old Frenchman Place?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A plantation.
(c) A still.
(d) A museum.
2. What does Benbow challenge Popeye to do?
(a) Name an unseen bird.
(b) Run a marathon.
(c) Hold his breath for five minutes.
(d) Swim across the river.
3. How long do Popeye and Benbow stare at each other?
(a) A couple of minutes.
(b) Until sundown.
(c) About a half hour.
(d) Two hours.
4. Who is the slow-witted man in the group?
5. What is Stevens not willing to wait for?
(b) A car.
(c) Clean clothes.
(d) A gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Goodwin stashed his money?
2. Who is the current beau of Benbow's sister?
3. Where does Benbow live?
4. On what charge is the person in #77 taken into custody?
5. In what month of the year does SANCTUARY begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Tommy impotent to completely help Temple when she desperately needs it?
2. Describe Temple's fear as she awakens at the plantation the next morning.
3. What behavior do the men at the plantation exhibit that frightens Temple?
4. How has Stevens let Temple down, and who comes to Temple's rescue?
5. How does Ruby treat Temple and what advice does she give her?
6. Who is Temple and what is her relationship with Gowan Stevens?
7. Who is Ruby and how does Benbow meet her?
8. Do Popeye and Temple acknowledge Ruby as they drive away from the plantation?
9. Why does Ruby continue to come to Temple's rescue?
10. What reason does Ruby give Benbow for why she does not return to Memphis?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)