|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Stevens NOT suffer as a result of the big fight?
(a) Eye swollen shut.
(b) Bloody all over.
(c) Broken arm.
(d) Fat lip.
2. What does Benbow challenge Popeye to do?
(a) Hold his breath for five minutes.
(b) Name an unseen bird.
(c) Run a marathon.
(d) Swim across the river.
3. Who do Popeye and Temple pass by without any sign of recognition?
4. The local boys know where Gowan can find ____________.
5. Where does the person in #21 attend college?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the slow-witted man in the group?
2. What does Temple encounter that terrifies her?
3. Goodwin tells Ruby to call __________________.
4. Where does Benbow arrive in the afternoon?
5. What advice does Ruby give to Temple?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Benbow assigns a gender to nature.
2. How does Temple blame Stevens for their predicament?
3. How does Chapter 1 of SANCTUARY begin?
4. Why does Ruby continue to come to Temple's rescue?
5. How does Temple try to protect herself while at the plantation?
6. Who is Benbow and what is his objective for needing to cross the spring?
7. Who is Narcissa and how does she spend her time?
8. How do Benbow and Narcissa differ in their opinions on what should happen to the old family home?
9. Why does Narcissa demand that Benbow remove Ruby and her baby from their home and put them in a hotel?
10. Why is Stevens so upset with himself the next morning?
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)