|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Temple do to try to protect herself?
(a) Wedges a chair underneath the door knob.
(b) Sleeps with the lights on.
(c) Loads a pistol.
(d) Double bolts the door.
2. Goodwin tells Ruby to call __________________.
(a) the grocer.
(b) the hospital.
(c) the sheriff's office.
(d) the neighbor.
3. What seems to be new about Stevens' behavior?
4. What clothing does Temple put on in the room?
(a) Jeans and T-shirt.
(b) Cocktail dress.
(c) Some overalls.
(d) Two coats.
5. Where has Goodwin stashed his money?
(a) In moonshine jugs.
(b) Inside an old mattress.
(c) Buried in the backyard.
(d) Buried in the barn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Old Frenchman Place?
2. Who does Temple spend time with at the plantation?
3. What does Temple encounter that terrifies her?
4. Who is the most protective of Temple?
5. What does Ruby take with her when she goes to the stream to think?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Popeye feel the need to assert himself in every situation and why is he a powerful person in the operation?
2. How does Chapter 1 of SANCTUARY begin?
3. How does Temple blame Stevens for their predicament?
4. What is the nature of Goodwin's whiskey operation?
5. Who is Narcissa and how does she spend her time?
6. What reason does Ruby give Benbow for why she does not return to Memphis?
7. Is Stevens really a gentleman who knows how to drink?
8. What are some of the reasons that Benbow gives for leaving his wife, Belle?
9. Who is Ruby and how does Benbow meet her?
10. How does Ruby treat Temple and what advice does she give her?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)