|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Benbow's wife?
2. What seems to be new about Stevens' behavior?
3. What does Ruby take with her when she goes to the stream to think?
(c) Fishing pole.
4. Where do Popeye and Benbow encounter each other?
(a) At a stream.
(b) In a meadow.
(c) At a church.
(d) In a bar.
5. Who is the most protective of Temple?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Benbow arrive in the afternoon?
2. About what topic do Benbow and his wife argue?
3. Who does Temple spend time with at the plantation?
4. Which of the men continues to paw at Temple?
5. What clothing does Temple put on in the room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does Ruby give Benbow for why she does not return to Memphis?
2. Is Stevens really a gentleman who knows how to drink?
3. What behavior do the men at the plantation exhibit that frightens Temple?
4. What instruction does Goodwin give to Ruby when she returns to the house?
5. What is Temple's family situation and why does that alienate Ruby?
6. Why does Popeye feel the need to assert himself in every situation and why is he a powerful person in the operation?
7. How does Chapter 1 of SANCTUARY begin?
8. How does Ruby show her prejudice for people in the upper class?
9. How do Benbow and Narcissa differ in their opinions on what should happen to the old family home?
10. Why does Narcissa demand that Benbow remove Ruby and her baby from their home and put them in a hotel?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)