|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Stevens NOT suffer as a result of the big fight?
(a) Fat lip.
(b) Eye swollen shut.
(c) Bloody all over.
(d) Broken arm.
2. Where does Temple wake up?
(a) A hay loft.
(b) A cellar.
(c) A crib of cotton hulls.
(d) A large bedroom.
3. What food does Belle like to eat?
4. What has Stevens proven by his recent behavior?
(a) He is an upper class snob.
(b) He cannot drink like a gentleman.
(c) He has not been to college.
(d) He has epilepsy.
5. What does the person in #31 tell Temple about Goodwin?
(a) He is a prince of a guy.
(b) He would never bed a slut.
(c) He cannot be trusted.
(d) He is a genius.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ruby to call the person in #71?
2. How does Stevens plan on getting to town?
3. What will Benbow receive for defending Goodwin?
4. The person in #31 is prejudiced against _________________.
5. Who breaks up a fight between Popeye, Van and Stevens?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Stevens so upset with himself the next morning?
2. How does Ruby show her prejudice for people in the upper class?
3. Who is Temple and what is her relationship with Gowan Stevens?
4. What is Temple's family situation and why does that alienate Ruby?
5. What are some of the reasons that Benbow gives for leaving his wife, Belle?
6. How do Benbow and Narcissa differ in their opinions on what should happen to the old family home?
7. How does Chapter 1 of SANCTUARY begin?
8. Who is arrested for murder and how does he hamper his own defense?
9. Describe Temple's fear as she awakens at the plantation the next morning.
10. What is the nature of Goodwin's whiskey operation?
This section contains 1,088 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)