|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Temple wake up?
(a) A cellar.
(b) A large bedroom.
(c) A crib of cotton hulls.
(d) A hay loft.
2. What is Temple's father's profession?
(c) Newspaper editor.
3. Who do Popeye and Temple pass by without any sign of recognition?
4. Who is Benbow's wife?
5. Who takes away Temple's raincoat?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Temple spend time with at the plantation?
2. Where does Temple end up in the plantation?
3. About what topic do Benbow and his wife argue?
4. What name does the person in #12 call Benbow?
5. What does Temple do to try to protect herself?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Benbow and Narcissa differ in their opinions on what should happen to the old family home?
2. What reason does Ruby give Benbow for why she does not return to Memphis?
3. Is Stevens really a gentleman who knows how to drink?
4. How does Temple try to protect herself while at the plantation?
5. Who is Benbow and what is his objective for needing to cross the spring?
6. How has Stevens let Temple down, and who comes to Temple's rescue?
7. Who is Ruby and how does Benbow meet her?
8. Do Popeye and Temple acknowledge Ruby as they drive away from the plantation?
9. Who is Narcissa and how does she spend her time?
10. Explain why Benbow assigns a gender to nature.
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)