|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what charge is the person in #77 taken into custody?
(a) Public indecency.
(b) Armed robbery.
2. What did the authorities do regarding Goodwin?
(a) They destroyed his still.
(b) They dug up his basement.
(c) They razed his barn.
(d) They torched the house.
3. Why does Ruby keep her small son in a box?
(a) She always knows where he is.
(b) So he won't be attacked by rats.
(c) She can transport him easily.
(d) She can't afford a bed.
4. What does the person in #31 call Temple?
(a) A live wire.
(b) An angel come to earth.
(c) A putty-faced whore.
(d) A real piece of work.
5. Who attacks Temple in the cotton crib?
Short Answer Questions
1. What town does Benbow need to reach by dark?
2. Why does Temple try to hide in the small room?
3. Where does Benbow arrive in the afternoon?
4. Other than Goodwin, who else knows the truth about the murder?
5. What reason does Popeye give the cook for firing him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Temple blame Stevens for their predicament?
2. What is Temple's condition when Benbow finally finds her?
3. Explain the metaphor of Temple's being tossed around during the rough car ride.
4. Who is Eustace Graham?
5. Why does Narcissa demand that Benbow remove Ruby and her baby from their home and put them in a hotel?
6. What information does the opportunistic Snopes sell to Benbow?
7. How do Virgil Snopes and Fonzo unwittingly end up staying at Reba's whorehouse?
8. What is the nature of Narcissa's visit with Eustace Graham?
9. In what way does Ruby try to save Benbow's reputation?
10. How do Benbow and Narcissa differ in their opinions on what should happen to the old family home?
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)