|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what charge is the person in #77 taken into custody?
(b) Public indecency.
(c) Armed robbery.
2. Where does Temple attend college?
3. Who is the cook at Old Frenchman Place?
(a) Ruby Lamar.
(b) Sadie Lawton.
(c) Janelle Thibideaux.
(d) Jane Davidson.
4. Who is the current beau of Benbow's sister?
(a) James Hall.
(b) Charles Maslow.
(c) Martin Simpson.
(d) Gowan Stevens.
5. What does Temple desperately need on this night?
(b) A phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Stevens NOT suffer as a result of the big fight?
2. With whom does Ruby have a confrontation in the house?
3. What is Old Frenchman Place?
4. Who is the most protective of Temple?
5. What name does the person in #12 call Benbow?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Faulkner finally indicate who was murdered?
2. How does Temple blame Stevens for their predicament?
3. What information does Ruby give Benbow regarding Temple and Temple's role in her shocking situation?
4. What is the nature of Narcissa's visit with Eustace Graham?
5. Which two characters seem to show the most compassion for Temple?
6. Who is Ruby and how does Benbow meet her?
7. What instruction does Goodwin give to Ruby when she returns to the house?
8. What is Narcissa's position when she learns that Ruby and her child have been run out of the hotel?
9. How has Stevens let Temple down, and who comes to Temple's rescue?
10. What is Goodwin's fatalistic approach to his case?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)