Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Temple eventually realize about the men at the plantation?
(a) They are migrant workers.
(b) They are doing drugs.
(c) They plan to rape her.
(d) They are all over 60.
2. About what topic do Benbow and his wife argue?
(a) She wants to care for the entire world.
(b) She wants to change religion.
(c) She spends too much money.
(d) She fired the cook.
3. Who is the current beau of Benbow's sister?
(a) Martin Simpson.
(b) James Hall.
(c) Gowan Stevens.
(d) Charles Maslow.
4. What has Stevens proven by his recent behavior?
(a) He is an upper class snob.
(b) He has epilepsy.
(c) He has not been to college.
(d) He cannot drink like a gentleman.
5. Who is Benbow's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Temple wake up?
2. What does Benbow refuse to do with the house he and his sister own?
3. Who is the most protective of Temple?
4. What food does Belle like to eat?
5. What is it about Benbow that makes Popeye curious?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Temple's condition when Benbow finally finds her?
2. Why does Popeye feel the need to assert himself in every situation and why is he a powerful person in the operation?
3. How does Faulkner finally indicate who was murdered?
4. Explain Goodwin's downfall as it is detailed in Chapter 17.
5. What behavior do the men at the plantation exhibit that frightens Temple?
6. What is the nature of Goodwin's whiskey operation?
7. How does Benbow continue to show his compassion for Ruby and Goodwin?
8. Why does Narcissa demand that Benbow remove Ruby and her baby from their home and put them in a hotel?
9. How does Temple blame Stevens for their predicament?
10. Why does Narcissa continue to insert herself into Benbow's life?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)