|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Benbow's wife?
2. What does Ruby take with her when she goes to the stream to think?
(d) Fishing pole.
3. What town does Benbow need to reach by dark?
(a) Lake City.
4. What has Stevens proven by his recent behavior?
(a) He has epilepsy.
(b) He cannot drink like a gentleman.
(c) He is an upper class snob.
(d) He has not been to college.
5. Which of the men wants the others to let Temple alone?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Benbow, nature is _________________.
2. What did the authorities do regarding Goodwin?
3. Why does Temple try to hide in the small room?
4. Who finds Temple a safe place to sleep?
5. The local boys know where Gowan can find ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Tommy impotent to completely help Temple when she desperately needs it?
2. How does Temple blame Stevens for their predicament?
3. How does Ruby treat Temple and what advice does she give her?
4. How do Benbow and Narcissa differ in their opinions on what should happen to the old family home?
5. Why does Ruby continue to come to Temple's rescue?
6. Who is Temple and what is her relationship with Gowan Stevens?
7. Why does Ruby continue to tolerate the abusive behavior from the men in the house?
8. Do Popeye and Temple acknowledge Ruby as they drive away from the plantation?
9. How does Ruby show her prejudice for people in the upper class?
10. What reason does Ruby give Benbow for why she does not return to Memphis?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)