|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it about Benbow that makes Popeye curious?
(a) A book.
(b) His mustache.
(c) A pipe.
(d) His suitcase.
2. Where does the person in #21 attend college?
3. Where does Benbow take Ruby and her child?
(a) To a homeless shelter.
(b) To a church.
(c) To a hotel.
(d) To her sister's house.
4. Temple realizes that the plantation has no ___________________.
(c) wet bar.
5. Who finds Temple a safe place to sleep?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Popeye introduce Benbow to the men at Old Frenchman Place?
2. How many brothers does Temple have?
3. Who is the current beau of Benbow's sister?
4. Where do Popeye and Benbow encounter each other?
5. Why is Ruby to call the person in #71?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Temple blame Stevens for their predicament?
2. What are some of the reasons that Benbow gives for leaving his wife, Belle?
3. Is Stevens really a gentleman who knows how to drink?
4. How does Temple try to protect herself while at the plantation?
5. Who is Benbow and what is his objective for needing to cross the spring?
6. Which two characters seem to show the most compassion for Temple?
7. Describe Temple's fear as she awakens at the plantation the next morning.
8. Who is Ruby and how does Benbow meet her?
9. Why does Narcissa demand that Benbow remove Ruby and her baby from their home and put them in a hotel?
10. How does Ruby show her prejudice for people in the upper class?
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)