|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Goodwin stashed his money?
(a) In moonshine jugs.
(b) Inside an old mattress.
(c) Buried in the backyard.
(d) Buried in the barn.
2. Where does Temple wake up?
(a) A cellar.
(b) A hay loft.
(c) A large bedroom.
(d) A crib of cotton hulls.
3. What seems to be new about Stevens' behavior?
4. How many brothers does Temple have?
5. Why does Ruby keep her small son in a box?
(a) She can transport him easily.
(b) So he won't be attacked by rats.
(c) She always knows where he is.
(d) She can't afford a bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the men wants the others to let Temple alone?
2. What is it about Benbow that makes Popeye curious?
3. What is Stevens not willing to wait for?
4. Overall, the person in #31 thinks that Temple is _______________.
5. What does Temple desperately need on this night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What behavior do the men at the plantation exhibit that frightens Temple?
2. How does Ruby treat Temple and what advice does she give her?
3. Who is Benbow and what is his objective for needing to cross the spring?
4. Do Popeye and Temple acknowledge Ruby as they drive away from the plantation?
5. Who is arrested for murder and how does he hamper his own defense?
6. What is the nature of Goodwin's whiskey operation?
7. Why does Ruby continue to tolerate the abusive behavior from the men in the house?
8. Why does Narcissa demand that Benbow remove Ruby and her baby from their home and put them in a hotel?
9. Which two characters seem to show the most compassion for Temple?
10. How does Chapter 1 of SANCTUARY begin?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)