|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Popeye and Temple pass by without any sign of recognition?
2. Where does Temple wake up?
(a) A large bedroom.
(b) A crib of cotton hulls.
(c) A hay loft.
(d) A cellar.
3. How long do Popeye and Benbow stare at each other?
(a) A couple of minutes.
(b) About a half hour.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Until sundown.
4. Gowan gets sick because the other boys make him drink a large quantity of ______________.
(a) hair oil.
(c) cod liver oil.
5. With whom does Ruby have a confrontation in the house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the person in #21 attend college?
2. Other than Goodwin, who else knows the truth about the murder?
3. What food does Belle like to eat?
4. Who is the current beau of Benbow's sister?
5. Goodwin is being treated as a murderer and __________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Stevens let Temple down, and who comes to Temple's rescue?
2. Explain Goodwin's downfall as it is detailed in Chapter 17.
3. Why does Popeye feel the need to assert himself in every situation and why is he a powerful person in the operation?
4. What instruction does Goodwin give to Ruby when she returns to the house?
5. Who is Ruby and how does Benbow meet her?
6. Explain why Benbow assigns a gender to nature.
7. Why is Tommy impotent to completely help Temple when she desperately needs it?
8. Describe Temple's fear as she awakens at the plantation the next morning.
9. What behavior do the men at the plantation exhibit that frightens Temple?
10. Who is Temple and what is her relationship with Gowan Stevens?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)