|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the sheriff take into custody?
2. Which relative does Benbow's sister care for?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Miss Jenny.
(c) Big Sam.
(d) Uncle Martin.
3. What is the fate of the Negro prisoner?
(a) He is to be hanged.
(b) He will spend life in prison.
(c) He will be free in a week.
(d) He has six more months to serve.
4. In what state does the story in SANCTUARY begin?
5. Where does Temple's youngest brother attend college?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who continues to watch out for Temple?
2. How does Stevens plan on getting to town?
3. Where has Goodwin stashed his money?
4. What does Ruby take with her when she goes to the stream to think?
5. Why does Temple get angry at Gowan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Temple's fear as she awakens at the plantation the next morning.
2. Who is Temple and what is her relationship with Gowan Stevens?
3. What behavior do the men at the plantation exhibit that frightens Temple?
4. Why is Tommy impotent to completely help Temple when she desperately needs it?
5. Who is arrested for murder and how does he hamper his own defense?
6. Why does Ruby continue to tolerate the abusive behavior from the men in the house?
7. Why does Popeye feel the need to assert himself in every situation and why is he a powerful person in the operation?
8. What reason does Ruby give Benbow for why she does not return to Memphis?
9. How does Ruby treat Temple and what advice does she give her?
10. Who is Benbow and what is his objective for needing to cross the spring?
This section contains 923 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)