|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Benbow, nature is _________________.
2. Where does Benbow arrive in the afternoon?
(a) Narcissa's house.
(b) The plantation.
(c) The Baptist Church.
(d) The courthouse.
3. What will Benbow receive for defending Goodwin?
(a) He is doing it pro bono.
4. What does Benbow challenge Popeye to do?
(a) Swim across the river.
(b) Name an unseen bird.
(c) Hold his breath for five minutes.
(d) Run a marathon.
5. What is the fate of the Negro prisoner?
(a) He is to be hanged.
(b) He will spend life in prison.
(c) He will be free in a week.
(d) He has six more months to serve.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the men put Stevens after the fight?
2. Where does Benbow take Ruby and her child?
3. What does Temple do with her dress?
4. What clothing does Temple put on in the room?
5. Which of the men continues to paw at Temple?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Popeye take Temple in Memphis?
2. How does Temple show that she is shutting herself off from her situation?
3. Why is Stevens so upset with himself the next morning?
4. What is the nature of Goodwin's whiskey operation?
5. Why does Popeye feel the need to assert himself in every situation and why is he a powerful person in the operation?
6. How do Benbow and Narcissa differ in their opinions on what should happen to the old family home?
7. Who is Eustace Graham?
8. What is Goodwin's ultimate fate?
9. Why does Narcissa demand that Benbow remove Ruby and her baby from their home and put them in a hotel?
10. Why does Ruby continue to tolerate the abusive behavior from the men in the house?
This section contains 1,039 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)