|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Goodwin tells Ruby to call __________________.
(a) the sheriff's office.
(b) the grocer.
(c) the neighbor.
(d) the hospital.
2. What kind of songs does the Negro prisoner sing?
(b) Show tunes.
(c) Pop songs.
(d) Great Depression songs.
3. What is the Coop?
(a) A bar.
(b) A moonshine still.
(c) A girls' dorm.
(d) A cafe.
4. What does Narcissa want Benbow to do?
(a) Loan her money.
(b) Take a cruise.
(c) Leave her family alone.
(d) Return to Belle.
5. What does Temple do with her dress?
(a) Hangs it in the closet.
(b) Washes it and hangs it to dry.
(c) Folds it and places it on the dresser.
(d) Lays it out to avoid wrinkles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What frustrates Benbow about Goodwin?
2. What does Temple do to try to protect herself?
3. Who continues to watch out for Temple?
4. Where does the person in #21 attend college?
5. What is Old Frenchman Place?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Temple blame Stevens for their predicament?
2. What reason does Ruby give Benbow for why she does not return to Memphis?
3. Who is Narcissa and how does she spend her time?
4. What are some of the reasons that Benbow gives for leaving his wife, Belle?
5. What behavior do the men at the plantation exhibit that frightens Temple?
6. Why is Stevens so upset with himself the next morning?
7. Is Stevens really a gentleman who knows how to drink?
8. Explain Goodwin's downfall as it is detailed in Chapter 17.
9. How do Benbow and Narcissa differ in their opinions on what should happen to the old family home?
10. What instruction does Goodwin give to Ruby when she returns to the house?
This section contains 1,025 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)