|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes away Temple's raincoat?
2. Who is Benbow's wife?
3. Goodwin is being treated as a murderer and __________________.
(a) a kidnapper.
(b) a thief.
(c) an adulterer.
(d) a renegade.
4. What is Old Frenchman Place?
(a) A still.
(b) A plantation.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A museum.
5. What is Stevens not willing to wait for?
(b) A gun.
(c) Clean clothes.
(d) A car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Temple realizes that the plantation has no ___________________.
2. What advice does Ruby give to Temple?
3. What town does Benbow need to reach by dark?
4. In what state does the story in SANCTUARY begin?
5. What does the Negro prisoner talk about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What instruction does Goodwin give to Ruby when she returns to the house?
2. Do Popeye and Temple acknowledge Ruby as they drive away from the plantation?
3. Who is Temple and what is her relationship with Gowan Stevens?
4. How does Ruby treat Temple and what advice does she give her?
5. How does Temple blame Stevens for their predicament?
6. How does Temple try to protect herself while at the plantation?
7. Who is Ruby and how does Benbow meet her?
8. How does Ruby show her prejudice for people in the upper class?
9. What reason does Ruby give Benbow for why she does not return to Memphis?
10. Explain why Benbow assigns a gender to nature.
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)