|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Temple find in the house?
(a) A thief.
(b) The baby.
(c) A dog.
(d) An insane old man.
2. Who do Popeye and Temple pass by without any sign of recognition?
3. What does Temple eventually realize about the men at the plantation?
(a) They are all over 60.
(b) They are migrant workers.
(c) They are doing drugs.
(d) They plan to rape her.
4. Where does the person in #21 attend college?
5. What is the fate of the Negro prisoner?
(a) He is to be hanged.
(b) He will be free in a week.
(c) He will spend life in prison.
(d) He has six more months to serve.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Popeye and Benbow encounter each other?
2. How does Popeye introduce Benbow to the men at Old Frenchman Place?
3. Where does Temple wake up?
4. Which of the men continues to paw at Temple?
5. What is Old Frenchman Place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does the opportunistic Snopes sell to Benbow?
2. What are some of the reasons that Benbow gives for leaving his wife, Belle?
3. What does Narcissa think about Benbow's insistence on defending Goodwin?
4. What is Goodwin's fatalistic approach to his case?
5. How does Benbow meet Senator Snopes and what information does he give Benbow regarding Temple?
6. What is Goodwin's ultimate fate?
7. Why is Stevens so upset with himself the next morning?
8. What information does Ruby give Benbow regarding Temple and Temple's role in her shocking situation?
9. Do Popeye and Temple acknowledge Ruby as they drive away from the plantation?
10. How does Benbow show that he is a compassionate man?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)