|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Negro prisoner talk about?
(a) Civil rights.
(b) His son.
(c) His imminent death.
(d) The details of his crime.
2. What is Old Frenchman Place?
(a) A museum.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A plantation.
(d) A still.
3. Where do the men put Stevens after the fight?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The hay loft.
(c) The veranda.
(d) Temple's room.
4. Who does the sheriff take into custody?
5. Why is Ruby to call the person in #71?
(a) To report the discovery of a dead man.
(b) To order more milk.
(c) To check on an injured worker.
(d) To invite him to a party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does the person in #12 call Benbow?
2. Which of the following does Stevens NOT suffer as a result of the big fight?
3. What reason does Popeye give the cook for firing him?
4. What is it about Benbow that makes Popeye curious?
5. What seems to be new about Stevens' behavior?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Clarence ridicule Virgil and Fonzo?
2. Why is Tommy impotent to completely help Temple when she desperately needs it?
3. Why does Ruby continue to come to Temple's rescue?
4. Who is Ruby and how does Benbow meet her?
5. How do Benbow and Narcissa differ in their opinions on what should happen to the old family home?
6. Who is arrested for murder and how does he hamper his own defense?
7. What are some of the reasons that Benbow gives for leaving his wife, Belle?
8. Why does Temple leave Popeye at the bar and return to Reba's alone?
9. What is strange about Reba's lack of questioning Temple's situation?
10. Why does Narcissa demand that Benbow remove Ruby and her baby from their home and put them in a hotel?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)