|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Benbow's interest in taking Goodwin's case?
2. Why does the person in #96 congratulate Temple?
(a) For landing Popeye.
(b) For resisting arrest.
(c) For losing her virginity.
(d) For graduating college.
3. Which of the following has Narcissa NOT managed to save during the story?
(b) Benbow's career.
(c) Benbow's marriage.
(d) Her reputation.
4. Why does the doctor at first refuse to come when Reba calls?
(a) He doesn't work on Sundays.
(b) He is ill.
(c) He is out of town.
(d) He won't go to a whorehouse.
5. What does Narcissa offer to pay for for Ruby?
(a) A new car.
(b) Clothes for the baby.
(c) A criminal attorney.
(d) A new dress.
6. Graham says that Goodwin's case should take no longer than _______________.
(a) 7 days.
(b) 2-3 weeks.
(c) 2-3 days.
(d) 7 hours.
7. Faulkner states that it has been a ______________ summer.
8. What does Benbow do on the night after Ruby testifies.
(a) Gets drunk.
(b) Gives an interview.
(c) Goes to bed early.
(d) Coaches Ruby some more.
9. What does Goodwin make Benbow promise him?
(a) To get Ruby a place to live.
(b) To get his son a job at the newspaper someday.
(c) To put his son through college.
(d) To tell his son about him.
10. What is Temple's physical condition?
(a) She is merely bruised.
(b) She is dead.
(c) She is bleeding profusely.
(d) She is unconscious.
11. According to Ruby, what exacerbated the attack on Temple?
(a) The boys have been away from women for too long.
(b) She went skinny dipping.
(c) She flirted outrageously with the men.
(d) The boys get drunk on Saturday nights.
12. Why does Temple drink so much liquor?
(a) She wants to be numb.
(b) She likes the taste.
(c) To drown her sorrows.
(d) She wants to die.
13. Who runs Ruby out of the hotel?
(a) A group of Baptists.
(b) The manager.
(c) The sheriff.
(d) The temperance league.
14. What realization does Temple finally come to?
(a) She is in Minnesota.
(b) She was drugged.
(c) She is in a whorehouse.
(d) She has committed murder.
15. What does Narcissa plan to tell Belle?
(a) Benbow will be home after the trial.
(b) Benbow is an alcoholic.
(c) Benbow has sold their house.
(d) Benbow is having an affair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Reba's profession?
2. How many days do Snopes and his traveling companion stay at the location in #117 before they realize the nature of the place?
3. What does Temple do when Benbow offers to take her home?
4. Why does Benbow write Belle a letter?
5. How much is a month's lodging at the location in #117?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)