|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the doctor who services the whorehouse?
(a) Dr. Mallory.
(b) Dr. Quinn.
(c) Dr. Clark.
(d) Dr. Caldwell.
2. What happens to Goodwin?
(a) He is sentenced to hang.
(b) A mob burns him alive.
(c) He is free to go home.
(d) He is sent to a federal prison.
3. What is Clarence Snopes' profession?
4. Who takes Temple out of the courtroom?
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her father.
5. What are Temple and her father doing at the end of the novel?
(a) Having lunch at home.
(b) Sipping coffee in a cafe.
(c) Walking through a garden.
(d) Driving to the beach.
6. Belle asks Benbow for _________________.
(a) Belle's address.
7. What is Miss Jenny's opinion of all men who make, sell or drink whiskey?
(a) They are doing what comes naturally.
(b) It helps the local economy.
(c) They should be shot.
(d) The law will catch up with them eventually.
8. Benbow asks Temple about where ____________ is.
9. With what object has Popeye raped Temple?
(b) Corn cob.
10. Benbow learns that Temple is in what city?
11. Snopes has a virulent hatred for ______________.
12. What does Temple do when Benbow enters her room?
(a) Throws a drink on him.
(b) Hides under the covers.
(c) Pulls a gun on him.
(d) Slaps him.
13. Who stays in the room when Benbow interviews Temple?
14. Reba complains about beer and men with ____________.
15. What does Goodwin make Benbow promise him?
(a) To get Ruby a place to live.
(b) To put his son through college.
(c) To tell his son about him.
(d) To get his son a job at the newspaper someday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Temple tells Benbow all the details of the night __________________.
2. Who is Benbow's stepdaughter?
3. What does Reba learn about Popeye?
4. Why does Narcissa not allow Ruby to stay in her home?
5. Why does Temple return to Reba's without Popeye?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)