|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stays in the room when Benbow interviews Temple?
2. How old is Temple when she takes the stand in Goodwin's trial?
3. Faulkner states that it has been a ______________ summer.
4. What do Benbow and Ruby argue about?
(a) How to keep the baby quiet.
(b) The fee for Goodwin's case.
(c) How Ruby will get to the hotel.
(d) The distance between Memphis and Nashville.
5. What is Belle doing when Benbow returns home?
6. What does Temple repeatedly demand?
(a) Hot baths.
7. Which of the following does Reba NOT tell Temple about Popeye?
(a) He will treat her well.
(b) He will give her diamonds.
(c) He will give her nice clothes.
(d) He is married.
8. Who does Reba tell that she is furious with Popeye?
9. What is the main piece of evidence in Goodwin's trial?
(a) A bloody knife.
(b) A bullet.
(c) A blood-stained towel.
(d) Bloody fingerprints.
10. How much is a month's lodging at the location in #117?
11. What is Miss Jenny's opinion of all men who make, sell or drink whiskey?
(a) They should be shot.
(b) They are doing what comes naturally.
(c) The law will catch up with them eventually.
(d) It helps the local economy.
12. What is Benbow's interest in taking Goodwin's case?
13. What is the verdict in Goodwin's trial?
(b) Reasonable doubt.
(c) Guilty of murder.
(d) Hung jury.
14. Who is Benbow's stepdaughter?
(d) Little Belle.
15. Who is Snopes' traveling companion?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Temple's physical condition?
2. Temple had been sent to _____________ to stay with an aunt.
3. Where do Snopes and his traveling companion end up staying in Memphis?
4. Who owns the business in #95?
5. Benbow sees that Temple has been affected by _________________.
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)