|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is shocked when he learns about Temple's situation?
2. What is the verdict in Goodwin's trial?
(b) Guilty of murder.
(c) Reasonable doubt.
(d) Hung jury.
3. What does Reba learn about Popeye?
(a) He has a wife in Oregon.
(b) He has been inviting men to Temple's room for sex.
(c) He cannot pay his bills.
(d) He is a rumrunner.
4. What is Miss Jenny's opinion of all men who make, sell or drink whiskey?
(a) The law will catch up with them eventually.
(b) They should be shot.
(c) It helps the local economy.
(d) They are doing what comes naturally.
5. What does Benbow get but does not tell Narcissa about it?
(a) A radio.
(b) A girlfriend.
(c) A phone.
(d) A new car.
6. What does Narcissa plan to tell Belle?
(a) Benbow has sold their house.
(b) Benbow will be home after the trial.
(c) Benbow is having an affair.
(d) Benbow is an alcoholic.
7. What will probably happen to Goodwin?
(a) He will get life in prison.
(b) He will get 20 years in prison.
(c) He will hang.
(d) He will be found not guilty.
8. Where do Snopes and his traveling companion end up staying in Memphis?
(a) At Miss Reba's.
(b) At a boarding house.
(c) At a hotel.
(d) At a bus station.
9. Who owns the business in #95?
(a) Dr. Jerome Hunter.
(b) Miss Reba Rivers.
(c) Sister Mary Catherine.
(d) Lady Sally Ann.
10. Who is Benbow's stepdaughter?
(d) Little Belle.
11. What realization does Temple finally come to?
(a) She was drugged.
(b) She is in a whorehouse.
(c) She has committed murder.
(d) She is in Minnesota.
12. How many days do Snopes and his traveling companion stay at the location in #117 before they realize the nature of the place?
13. Why does Narcissa not allow Ruby to stay in her home?
(a) Ruby swears really loud.
(b) Ruby drinks too much.
(c) She has to worry about her reputation.
(d) Ruby's baby is too loud.
14. For what is Popeye arrested?
(a) Armed robbery.
(b) Indecent exposure.
(c) Murder of a policeman.
15. In what city is Popeye arrested?
(d) Little Rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the jury deliberate in Goodwin's trial?
2. Who is the doctor who services the whorehouse?
3. Benbow learns that Temple is in what city?
4. What is Eustace Graham's distinguishing physical characteristic?
5. What is Temple's physical condition?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)