|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Temple and her father doing at the end of the novel?
(a) Walking through a garden.
(b) Driving to the beach.
(c) Having lunch at home.
(d) Sipping coffee in a cafe.
2. What does Temple do when Benbow offers to take her home?
(a) She jumps out of bed naked.
(b) She refuses to go.
(c) She says she needs just a minute to pack her things.
(d) She runs out with no shoes on.
3. What happens to Goodwin?
(a) A mob burns him alive.
(b) He is free to go home.
(c) He is sentenced to hang.
(d) He is sent to a federal prison.
4. According to Ruby, what exacerbated the attack on Temple?
(a) She flirted outrageously with the men.
(b) The boys get drunk on Saturday nights.
(c) She went skinny dipping.
(d) The boys have been away from women for too long.
5. Faulkner states that it has been a ______________ summer.
6. Graham says that Goodwin's case should take no longer than _______________.
(a) 2-3 days.
(b) 7 days.
(c) 7 hours.
(d) 2-3 weeks.
7. Why does Benbow write Belle a letter?
(a) To ask to reconcile.
(b) To send her money.
(c) To ask about the children.
(d) To ask for a divorce.
8. Narcissa thinks that Benbow is _______________ for defending Goodwin.
9. Who is Eustace Graham?
(a) District Attorney.
(b) College professor.
(c) Newspaper editor.
(d) Baptist minister.
10. Temple tells Benbow all the details of the night __________________.
(a) she wrecked her car.
(b) she graduated high school.
(c) at Old Frenchman Place.
(d) she was crowned Homecoming Queen.
11. Who was the man who was killed in the story?
12. Benbow sees that Temple has been affected by _________________.
(a) The rape.
(c) All of these.
(d) Her surroundings.
13. Why does Temple return to Reba's without Popeye?
(a) She can't stand the smoke.
(b) It is getting late.
(c) They have an argument.
(d) It is too noisy.
14. What is the main piece of evidence in Goodwin's trial?
(a) A blood-stained towel.
(b) A bullet.
(c) Bloody fingerprints.
(d) A bloody knife.
15. Benbow asks Temple about where ____________ is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who runs Ruby out of the hotel?
2. What is Reba's profession?
3. What does Narcissa offer to pay for for Ruby?
4. What is Temple's drink of choice?
5. What happens to Benbow after he interviews Temple?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)