|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Temple's father?
(a) Rev. Caldwell.
(b) Judge Drake.
(c) Dr. Miller.
(d) Colonel Morton.
2. How long does the jury deliberate in Goodwin's trial?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 8 minutes.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 3 days.
3. How long do Snopes and his traveling companion intend to stay at the location in #117?
(a) One night.
(b) One week.
(c) One month.
(d) Two weeks.
4. Who is Snopes' traveling companion?
5. Narcissa claims that Benbow is not the best ___________________.
(b) criminal attorney.
6. Reba complains about beer and men with ____________.
7. Belle asks Benbow for _________________.
(c) Belle's address.
8. Who is Eustace Graham?
(a) College professor.
(b) Newspaper editor.
(c) Baptist minister.
(d) District Attorney.
9. What is the main piece of evidence in Goodwin's trial?
(a) A bloody knife.
(b) Bloody fingerprints.
(c) A blood-stained towel.
(d) A bullet.
10. How much is a month's lodging at the location in #117?
11. What does Temple do when Benbow offers to take her home?
(a) She runs out with no shoes on.
(b) She jumps out of bed naked.
(c) She says she needs just a minute to pack her things.
(d) She refuses to go.
12. What increases Temple's physical pain?
(a) Cigarette burns.
(b) More rapes.
(c) Driving on a rutted road.
(d) A beating.
13. What was Popeye's physical status as a child?
(c) Dwarf size.
(d) Very tall.
14. Why does Reba get angry at Popeye?
(a) He is using Temple to turn tricks.
(b) He backed out of his promise to marry her.
(c) He called the cops on her.
(d) He took back the ring he gave her.
15. What does Narcissa offer to pay for for Ruby?
(a) A new car.
(b) A criminal attorney.
(c) A new dress.
(d) Clothes for the baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Temple's drink of choice?
2. What happens to Benbow after he interviews Temple?
3. What is Graham's opinion of Benbow's chances in Goodwin's trial?
4. What is Goodwin's position on his case?
5. According to Ruby, what exacerbated the attack on Temple?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)