|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ruby want to walk down the street to the hotel by herself?
(a) So she can do some window shopping.
(b) So she can pick up a guy.
(c) So she won't tarnish Benbow's reputation.
(d) So she can stop in a bar.
2. Benbow asks Temple about where ____________ is.
3. Who is Temple's father?
(a) Judge Drake.
(b) Colonel Morton.
(c) Rev. Caldwell.
(d) Dr. Miller.
4. How long do Snopes and his traveling companion intend to stay at the location in #117?
(a) One month.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) One night.
5. Why does Temple drink so much liquor?
(a) She wants to die.
(b) She wants to be numb.
(c) She likes the taste.
(d) To drown her sorrows.
6. For what is Popeye arrested?
(a) Armed robbery.
(b) Murder of a policeman.
(c) Indecent exposure.
7. How old is Temple when she takes the stand in Goodwin's trial?
8. Who is Snopes' traveling companion?
9. Faulkner states that it has been a ______________ summer.
10. What nickname does Snopes call Benbow?
11. How much is a month's lodging at the location in #117?
12. Who is Benbow's stepdaughter?
(d) Little Belle.
13. Why does the person in #96 congratulate Temple?
(a) For resisting arrest.
(b) For graduating college.
(c) For landing Popeye.
(d) For losing her virginity.
14. What increases Temple's physical pain?
(a) More rapes.
(b) A beating.
(c) Cigarette burns.
(d) Driving on a rutted road.
15. What is the verdict in Goodwin's trial?
(b) Guilty of murder.
(c) Reasonable doubt.
(d) Hung jury.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Snopes and his traveling companion end up staying in Memphis?
2. Benbow compares Temple to _______________.
3. What does Temple repeatedly demand?
4. What does Benbow get but does not tell Narcissa about it?
5. Ruby offers to pay for Benbow's services with ____________________.
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)