Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Temple repeatedly demand?
(c) Hot baths.
2. Who is Benbow's stepdaughter?
(c) Little Belle.
3. Who is Temple's father?
(a) Dr. Miller.
(b) Colonel Morton.
(c) Judge Drake.
(d) Rev. Caldwell.
4. Why does Temple drink so much liquor?
(a) She wants to be numb.
(b) She likes the taste.
(c) To drown her sorrows.
(d) She wants to die.
5. Benbow learns that Stevens was mad and refused to stay for dinner because __________________.
(a) Temple broke up with him.
(b) His friend was not invited.
(c) There was no alcohol being served.
(d) Narcissa refused to marry him.
6. In what state is Belle living now?
(d) South Carolina.
7. Who does Temple say shot Tommy?
8. What does Reba learn about Popeye?
(a) He has been inviting men to Temple's room for sex.
(b) He has a wife in Oregon.
(c) He is a rumrunner.
(d) He cannot pay his bills.
9. What is Miss Jenny's opinion of all men who make, sell or drink whiskey?
(a) The law will catch up with them eventually.
(b) It helps the local economy.
(c) They should be shot.
(d) They are doing what comes naturally.
10. Which of the following does Reba NOT tell Temple about Popeye?
(a) He will treat her well.
(b) He will give her diamonds.
(c) He will give her nice clothes.
(d) He is married.
11. What is Clarence Snopes' profession?
12. Who was the man who was killed in the story?
13. What is the main piece of evidence in Goodwin's trial?
(a) A bloody knife.
(b) A blood-stained towel.
(c) A bullet.
(d) Bloody fingerprints.
14. What does Narcissa offer to pay for for Ruby?
(a) A new car.
(b) Clothes for the baby.
(c) A criminal attorney.
(d) A new dress.
15. Belle asks Benbow for _________________.
(b) Belle's address.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Temple and her father doing at the end of the novel?
2. Narcissa claims that Benbow is not the best ___________________.
3. Benbow compares Temple to _______________.
4. Why does Narcissa not allow Ruby to stay in her home?
5. What is the verdict in Goodwin's trial?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)