|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is Popeye arrested?
(a) Indecent exposure.
(b) Murder of a policeman.
(d) Armed robbery.
2. What did Popeye do instead of attending his own birthday party as a child?
(a) He threw dogs off bridges.
(b) He dropped pigs from rooftops.
(c) He cut up birds.
(d) He threw cats into wells.
3. Who was the man who was killed in the story?
4. Temple had been sent to _____________ to stay with an aunt.
(b) New York.
5. How long do Snopes and his traveling companion intend to stay at the location in #117?
(a) One night.
(b) One month.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One week.
6. Who refuses to allow Temple to have any more alcohol?
7. Who is Snopes' traveling companion?
8. Why does Ruby want to walk down the street to the hotel by herself?
(a) So she won't tarnish Benbow's reputation.
(b) So she can pick up a guy.
(c) So she can stop in a bar.
(d) So she can do some window shopping.
9. How old is Temple when she takes the stand in Goodwin's trial?
10. Who stays in the room when Benbow interviews Temple?
11. What are Temple and her father doing at the end of the novel?
(a) Sipping coffee in a cafe.
(b) Having lunch at home.
(c) Walking through a garden.
(d) Driving to the beach.
12. What is Temple's physical condition?
(a) She is bleeding profusely.
(b) She is unconscious.
(c) She is merely bruised.
(d) She is dead.
13. Narcissa claims that Benbow is not the best ___________________.
(c) criminal attorney.
14. Who is the doctor who services the whorehouse?
(a) Dr. Clark.
(b) Dr. Quinn.
(c) Dr. Mallory.
(d) Dr. Caldwell.
15. What does Benbow get but does not tell Narcissa about it?
(a) A phone.
(b) A new car.
(c) A girlfriend.
(d) A radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Temple do when Benbow enters her room?
2. What do Benbow and Ruby argue about?
3. What is Benbow's reaction to the verdict?
4. Who is Benbow's stepdaughter?
5. What does Temple do when Benbow offers to take her home?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)