|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Temple say shot Tommy?
2. What is Miss Jenny's opinion of all men who make, sell or drink whiskey?
(a) The law will catch up with them eventually.
(b) It helps the local economy.
(c) They should be shot.
(d) They are doing what comes naturally.
3. Who was the man who was killed in the story?
4. Benbow asks Temple about where ____________ is.
5. Why does Narcissa not allow Ruby to stay in her home?
(a) Ruby's baby is too loud.
(b) Ruby swears really loud.
(c) She has to worry about her reputation.
(d) Ruby drinks too much.
6. Why does Temple drink so much liquor?
(a) She likes the taste.
(b) To drown her sorrows.
(c) She wants to die.
(d) She wants to be numb.
7. Who stays in the room when Benbow interviews Temple?
8. What is the main piece of evidence in Goodwin's trial?
(a) A blood-stained towel.
(b) A bloody knife.
(c) A bullet.
(d) Bloody fingerprints.
9. How long do Snopes and his traveling companion intend to stay at the location in #117?
(a) One month.
(b) One night.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One week.
10. What is Belle doing when Benbow returns home?
11. Who is shocked when he learns about Temple's situation?
12. What happens to Benbow after he interviews Temple?
(a) He calls the sheriff.
(b) He gets violently ill.
(c) He forgets about her.
(d) He takes notes on her story.
13. What is Graham's opinion of Benbow's chances in Goodwin's trial?
(a) He has no chance of winning.
(b) He will be shot down in the first hour.
(c) There is a flicker of hope for him.
(d) He has no opinion on the case.
14. How long does the jury deliberate in Goodwin's trial?
(a) 4 hours.
(b) 8 minutes.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 2 weeks.
15. What was Popeye's physical status as a child?
(a) Dwarf size.
(c) Very tall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Graham says that Goodwin's case should take no longer than _______________.
2. How old is Temple when she takes the stand in Goodwin's trial?
3. Benbow learns that Temple is in what city?
4. Temple had been sent to _____________ to stay with an aunt.
5. Who is Benbow's stepdaughter?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)