|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Snopes has a virulent hatred for ______________.
2. What is Reba's profession?
3. What is Graham's opinion of Benbow's chances in Goodwin's trial?
(a) He has no opinion on the case.
(b) There is a flicker of hope for him.
(c) He has no chance of winning.
(d) He will be shot down in the first hour.
4. Benbow compares Temple to _______________.
(a) his daughter.
(b) his niece.
(c) his sister.
(d) his stepdaughter.
5. Belle asks Benbow for _________________.
(b) Belle's address.
6. What happens to Goodwin?
(a) A mob burns him alive.
(b) He is sent to a federal prison.
(c) He is free to go home.
(d) He is sentenced to hang.
7. How long does the jury deliberate in Goodwin's trial?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 8 minutes.
(d) 4 hours.
8. Why does Ruby want to walk down the street to the hotel by herself?
(a) So she can stop in a bar.
(b) So she won't tarnish Benbow's reputation.
(c) So she can do some window shopping.
(d) So she can pick up a guy.
9. What is Benbow's interest in taking Goodwin's case?
10. Why does Benbow write Belle a letter?
(a) To ask for a divorce.
(b) To ask about the children.
(c) To send her money.
(d) To ask to reconcile.
11. Who is shocked when he learns about Temple's situation?
12. How much is a month's lodging at the location in #117?
13. Where does Popeye take Temple?
(a) A clinic.
(b) A whorehouse.
(c) A hospital.
(d) A homeless shelter.
14. According to Ruby, what exacerbated the attack on Temple?
(a) The boys have been away from women for too long.
(b) She flirted outrageously with the men.
(c) The boys get drunk on Saturday nights.
(d) She went skinny dipping.
15. What is the verdict in Goodwin's trial?
(a) Reasonable doubt.
(b) Hung jury.
(d) Guilty of murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the man who was killed in the story?
2. Who takes Temple out of the courtroom?
3. Who is the doctor who services the whorehouse?
4. What does Temple repeatedly demand?
5. What realization does Temple finally come to?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)