|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is Popeye arrested?
(a) Indecent exposure.
(c) Murder of a policeman.
(d) Armed robbery.
2. In what city is Popeye arrested?
(c) Little Rock.
3. How many days do Snopes and his traveling companion stay at the location in #117 before they realize the nature of the place?
4. What happens to Benbow after he interviews Temple?
(a) He takes notes on her story.
(b) He gets violently ill.
(c) He calls the sheriff.
(d) He forgets about her.
5. Benbow learns that Temple is in what city?
6. Which of the following has Narcissa NOT managed to save during the story?
(a) Benbow's career.
(c) Her reputation.
(d) Benbow's marriage.
7. What do Benbow and Ruby argue about?
(a) How Ruby will get to the hotel.
(b) The fee for Goodwin's case.
(c) The distance between Memphis and Nashville.
(d) How to keep the baby quiet.
8. What is Clarence Snopes' profession?
9. What does Reba learn about Popeye?
(a) He has been inviting men to Temple's room for sex.
(b) He has a wife in Oregon.
(c) He cannot pay his bills.
(d) He is a rumrunner.
10. Which of the following does Reba NOT tell Temple about Popeye?
(a) He is married.
(b) He will give her nice clothes.
(c) He will give her diamonds.
(d) He will treat her well.
11. What realization does Temple finally come to?
(a) She is in Minnesota.
(b) She has committed murder.
(c) She was drugged.
(d) She is in a whorehouse.
12. Why does Narcissa not allow Ruby to stay in her home?
(a) Ruby's baby is too loud.
(b) Ruby swears really loud.
(c) She has to worry about her reputation.
(d) Ruby drinks too much.
13. Who is Benbow's stepdaughter?
(d) Little Belle.
14. What did Popeye do instead of attending his own birthday party as a child?
(a) He threw dogs off bridges.
(b) He threw cats into wells.
(c) He cut up birds.
(d) He dropped pigs from rooftops.
15. What will probably happen to Goodwin?
(a) He will get 20 years in prison.
(b) He will get life in prison.
(c) He will be found not guilty.
(d) He will hang.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Temple repeatedly demand?
2. Why does Temple drink so much liquor?
3. Benbow sees that Temple has been affected by _________________.
4. Benbow asks Temple about where ____________ is.
5. How long do Snopes and his traveling companion intend to stay at the location in #117?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)