|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Narcissa plan to tell Belle?
(a) Benbow has sold their house.
(b) Benbow will be home after the trial.
(c) Benbow is having an affair.
(d) Benbow is an alcoholic.
2. In what state is Belle living now?
(c) South Carolina.
3. Where do Snopes and his traveling companion end up staying in Memphis?
(a) At a bus station.
(b) At Miss Reba's.
(c) At a boarding house.
(d) At a hotel.
4. How long do Snopes and his traveling companion intend to stay at the location in #117?
(a) One month.
(b) One week.
(c) One night.
(d) Two weeks.
5. Which of the following does Reba NOT tell Temple about Popeye?
(a) He will treat her well.
(b) He will give her nice clothes.
(c) He will give her diamonds.
(d) He is married.
6. Ruby offers to pay for Benbow's services with ____________________.
(a) her savings.
(b) her body.
(c) a bank loan.
(d) the moonshine money.
7. What is Clarence Snopes' profession?
8. What is Eustace Graham's distinguishing physical characteristic?
(a) A harelip.
(b) He is an albino.
(c) A club foot.
(d) A cauliflower ear.
9. Who is Temple's father?
(a) Rev. Caldwell.
(b) Colonel Morton.
(c) Dr. Miller.
(d) Judge Drake.
10. What are Temple and her father doing at the end of the novel?
(a) Having lunch at home.
(b) Driving to the beach.
(c) Walking through a garden.
(d) Sipping coffee in a cafe.
11. What is Benbow's interest in taking Goodwin's case?
12. With what object has Popeye raped Temple?
(b) Corn cob.
13. What is Graham's opinion of Benbow's chances in Goodwin's trial?
(a) There is a flicker of hope for him.
(b) He has no chance of winning.
(c) He has no opinion on the case.
(d) He will be shot down in the first hour.
14. Snopes has a virulent hatred for ______________.
15. What happens to Goodwin?
(a) He is free to go home.
(b) He is sentenced to hang.
(c) He is sent to a federal prison.
(d) A mob burns him alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refuses to allow Temple to have any more alcohol?
2. Who is Snopes' traveling companion?
3. Who is Eustace Graham?
4. For what is Popeye arrested?
5. Who is shocked when he learns about Temple's situation?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)