|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Clarence Snopes' profession?
2. What increases Temple's physical pain?
(a) A beating.
(b) Cigarette burns.
(c) More rapes.
(d) Driving on a rutted road.
3. What happens to Benbow after he interviews Temple?
(a) He forgets about her.
(b) He gets violently ill.
(c) He takes notes on her story.
(d) He calls the sheriff.
4. What information does Benbow uncover about Temple?
(a) She is a prostitute.
(b) She has dropped out of school.
(c) She has run off to get married.
(d) She is Homecoming Queen.
5. How much is a month's lodging at the location in #117?
6. Who runs Ruby out of the hotel?
(a) The temperance league.
(b) A group of Baptists.
(c) The sheriff.
(d) The manager.
7. Who owns the business in #95?
(a) Sister Mary Catherine.
(b) Dr. Jerome Hunter.
(c) Miss Reba Rivers.
(d) Lady Sally Ann.
8. Why does Reba get angry at Popeye?
(a) He took back the ring he gave her.
(b) He backed out of his promise to marry her.
(c) He called the cops on her.
(d) He is using Temple to turn tricks.
9. What is Graham's opinion of Benbow's chances in Goodwin's trial?
(a) He has no opinion on the case.
(b) He will be shot down in the first hour.
(c) There is a flicker of hope for him.
(d) He has no chance of winning.
10. Who is Snopes' traveling companion?
11. How many days do Snopes and his traveling companion stay at the location in #117 before they realize the nature of the place?
12. What nickname does Snopes call Benbow?
13. Benbow sees that Temple has been affected by _________________.
(a) All of these.
(b) The rape.
(d) Her surroundings.
14. What does Narcissa offer to pay for for Ruby?
(a) A new dress.
(b) A criminal attorney.
(c) A new car.
(d) Clothes for the baby.
15. Who is Temple's father?
(a) Rev. Caldwell.
(b) Judge Drake.
(c) Dr. Miller.
(d) Colonel Morton.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city is Popeye arrested?
2. Ruby offers to pay for Benbow's services with ____________________.
3. Why does Narcissa not allow Ruby to stay in her home?
4. What is Eustace Graham's distinguishing physical characteristic?
5. How long do Snopes and his traveling companion intend to stay at the location in #117?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)