|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Benbow sees that Temple has been affected by _________________.
(a) The rape.
(c) Her surroundings.
(d) All of these.
2. Why does Benbow write Belle a letter?
(a) To ask about the children.
(b) To ask for a divorce.
(c) To send her money.
(d) To ask to reconcile.
3. What is Temple's drink of choice?
(c) Red wine.
4. What do the townspeople think of the fire that killed Goodwin?
(a) They are shocked.
(b) They celebrate it.
(c) They have no opinion on it.
(d) They are mildly interested.
5. Which of the following has Narcissa NOT managed to save during the story?
(b) Her reputation.
(c) Benbow's career.
(d) Benbow's marriage.
6. What is the main piece of evidence in Goodwin's trial?
(a) A blood-stained towel.
(b) Bloody fingerprints.
(c) A bullet.
(d) A bloody knife.
7. What does Temple do when Benbow enters her room?
(a) Pulls a gun on him.
(b) Throws a drink on him.
(c) Hides under the covers.
(d) Slaps him.
8. Why does Temple return to Reba's without Popeye?
(a) It is too noisy.
(b) They have an argument.
(c) She can't stand the smoke.
(d) It is getting late.
9. Benbow compares Temple to _______________.
(a) his sister.
(b) his stepdaughter.
(c) his niece.
(d) his daughter.
10. How much is a month's lodging at the location in #117?
11. Which of the following does NOT fill Temple's room?
(b) Beautiful clothes.
(d) Luxury items.
12. What was Popeye's physical status as a child?
(b) Dwarf size.
(d) Very tall.
13. Benbow learns that Temple is in what city?
14. Who is the doctor who services the whorehouse?
(a) Dr. Clark.
(b) Dr. Caldwell.
(c) Dr. Mallory.
(d) Dr. Quinn.
15. What is Benbow's interest in taking Goodwin's case?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reba learn about Popeye?
2. How many days do Snopes and his traveling companion stay at the location in #117 before they realize the nature of the place?
3. How long do Snopes and his traveling companion intend to stay at the location in #117?
4. Who offers to sell information about Temple to Benbow?
5. What is the verdict in Goodwin's trial?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)