|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Snopes has a virulent hatred for ______________.
2. Benbow compares Temple to _______________.
(a) his daughter.
(b) his niece.
(c) his sister.
(d) his stepdaughter.
3. What is Temple's physical condition?
(a) She is dead.
(b) She is unconscious.
(c) She is bleeding profusely.
(d) She is merely bruised.
4. What increases Temple's physical pain?
(a) Cigarette burns.
(b) Driving on a rutted road.
(c) More rapes.
(d) A beating.
5. What information does Benbow uncover about Temple?
(a) She has run off to get married.
(b) She is Homecoming Queen.
(c) She has dropped out of school.
(d) She is a prostitute.
6. What does Goodwin make Benbow promise him?
(a) To get Ruby a place to live.
(b) To put his son through college.
(c) To get his son a job at the newspaper someday.
(d) To tell his son about him.
7. How old is Temple when she takes the stand in Goodwin's trial?
8. What are Temple and her father doing at the end of the novel?
(a) Sipping coffee in a cafe.
(b) Having lunch at home.
(c) Driving to the beach.
(d) Walking through a garden.
9. What do the townspeople think of the fire that killed Goodwin?
(a) They are shocked.
(b) They celebrate it.
(c) They are mildly interested.
(d) They have no opinion on it.
10. What does Narcissa offer to pay for for Ruby?
(a) A new car.
(b) A new dress.
(c) Clothes for the baby.
(d) A criminal attorney.
11. Who offers to sell information about Temple to Benbow?
12. What is Clarence Snopes' profession?
13. What did Popeye do instead of attending his own birthday party as a child?
(a) He cut up birds.
(b) He threw dogs off bridges.
(c) He dropped pigs from rooftops.
(d) He threw cats into wells.
14. Why does Narcissa not allow Ruby to stay in her home?
(a) Ruby swears really loud.
(b) Ruby drinks too much.
(c) She has to worry about her reputation.
(d) Ruby's baby is too loud.
15. How many days do Snopes and his traveling companion stay at the location in #117 before they realize the nature of the place?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Ruby, what exacerbated the attack on Temple?
2. How long does the jury deliberate in Goodwin's trial?
3. What happens to Benbow after he interviews Temple?
4. Why does Temple drink so much liquor?
5. What is the verdict in Goodwin's trial?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)