|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Benbow learns that Temple is in what city?
2. What is Goodwin's position on his case?
(a) He wants to make a deal.
(b) He wants sentenced as soon as possible.
(c) He has pled guilty.
(d) He wants a new lawyer.
3. What is Graham's opinion of Benbow's chances in Goodwin's trial?
(a) He has no chance of winning.
(b) He will be shot down in the first hour.
(c) He has no opinion on the case.
(d) There is a flicker of hope for him.
4. What is Eustace Graham's distinguishing physical characteristic?
(a) A club foot.
(b) A harelip.
(c) He is an albino.
(d) A cauliflower ear.
5. What will probably happen to Goodwin?
(a) He will get life in prison.
(b) He will get 20 years in prison.
(c) He will hang.
(d) He will be found not guilty.
6. Which of the following has Narcissa NOT managed to save during the story?
(a) Benbow's marriage.
(c) Her reputation.
(d) Benbow's career.
7. Snopes has a virulent hatred for ______________.
8. Who is Benbow's stepdaughter?
(c) Little Belle.
9. What is Miss Jenny's opinion of all men who make, sell or drink whiskey?
(a) They are doing what comes naturally.
(b) It helps the local economy.
(c) They should be shot.
(d) The law will catch up with them eventually.
10. Why does Benbow write Belle a letter?
(a) To ask for a divorce.
(b) To ask about the children.
(c) To send her money.
(d) To ask to reconcile.
11. Temple tells Benbow all the details of the night __________________.
(a) she graduated high school.
(b) she was crowned Homecoming Queen.
(c) she wrecked her car.
(d) at Old Frenchman Place.
12. What is the main piece of evidence in Goodwin's trial?
(a) Bloody fingerprints.
(b) A bullet.
(c) A bloody knife.
(d) A blood-stained towel.
13. What is Belle doing when Benbow returns home?
14. What did Popeye do instead of attending his own birthday party as a child?
(a) He dropped pigs from rooftops.
(b) He cut up birds.
(c) He threw dogs off bridges.
(d) He threw cats into wells.
15. What do Benbow and Ruby argue about?
(a) How to keep the baby quiet.
(b) How Ruby will get to the hotel.
(c) The distance between Memphis and Nashville.
(d) The fee for Goodwin's case.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reba learn about Popeye?
2. According to Ruby, what exacerbated the attack on Temple?
3. Who takes Temple out of the courtroom?
4. In what city is Popeye arrested?
5. What does Goodwin make Benbow promise him?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)