|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what object has Popeye raped Temple?
(d) Corn cob.
2. What does Goodwin make Benbow promise him?
(a) To get Ruby a place to live.
(b) To get his son a job at the newspaper someday.
(c) To put his son through college.
(d) To tell his son about him.
3. What is the main piece of evidence in Goodwin's trial?
(a) A blood-stained towel.
(b) A bullet.
(c) Bloody fingerprints.
(d) A bloody knife.
4. What are Temple and her father doing at the end of the novel?
(a) Having lunch at home.
(b) Driving to the beach.
(c) Walking through a garden.
(d) Sipping coffee in a cafe.
5. Narcissa claims that Benbow is not the best ___________________.
(a) criminal attorney.
6. Who takes Temple out of the courtroom?
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her father.
7. Temple had been sent to _____________ to stay with an aunt.
(d) New York.
8. Graham says that Goodwin's case should take no longer than _______________.
(a) 7 days.
(b) 7 hours.
(c) 2-3 weeks.
(d) 2-3 days.
9. What was Popeye's physical status as a child?
(a) Dwarf size.
(d) Very tall.
10. According to Ruby, what exacerbated the attack on Temple?
(a) She flirted outrageously with the men.
(b) The boys get drunk on Saturday nights.
(c) She went skinny dipping.
(d) The boys have been away from women for too long.
11. What information does Benbow uncover about Temple?
(a) She has dropped out of school.
(b) She is a prostitute.
(c) She is Homecoming Queen.
(d) She has run off to get married.
12. Who is shocked when he learns about Temple's situation?
13. What increases Temple's physical pain?
(a) A beating.
(b) Cigarette burns.
(c) Driving on a rutted road.
(d) More rapes.
14. Who offers to sell information about Temple to Benbow?
15. Snopes can be characterized as ____________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Temple return to Reba's without Popeye?
2. Where do Snopes and his traveling companion end up staying in Memphis?
3. What is Eustace Graham's distinguishing physical characteristic?
4. How long do Snopes and his traveling companion intend to stay at the location in #117?
5. Why does the doctor at first refuse to come when Reba calls?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)