|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Reba NOT tell Temple about Popeye?
(a) He is married.
(b) He will give her diamonds.
(c) He will give her nice clothes.
(d) He will treat her well.
2. What does Reba learn about Popeye?
(a) He cannot pay his bills.
(b) He has been inviting men to Temple's room for sex.
(c) He is a rumrunner.
(d) He has a wife in Oregon.
3. Benbow learns that Stevens was mad and refused to stay for dinner because __________________.
(a) His friend was not invited.
(b) Narcissa refused to marry him.
(c) There was no alcohol being served.
(d) Temple broke up with him.
4. Graham says that Goodwin's case should take no longer than _______________.
(a) 2-3 days.
(b) 7 days.
(c) 2-3 weeks.
(d) 7 hours.
5. How old is Temple when she takes the stand in Goodwin's trial?
6. For what is Popeye arrested?
(a) Indecent exposure.
(b) Murder of a policeman.
(c) Armed robbery.
7. What does Benbow get but does not tell Narcissa about it?
(a) A girlfriend.
(b) A phone.
(c) A radio.
(d) A new car.
8. Who is shocked when he learns about Temple's situation?
9. What is the main piece of evidence in Goodwin's trial?
(a) A bloody knife.
(b) Bloody fingerprints.
(c) A bullet.
(d) A blood-stained towel.
10. Benbow sees that Temple has been affected by _________________.
(a) The rape.
(b) Her surroundings.
(c) All of these.
11. What does Goodwin make Benbow promise him?
(a) To put his son through college.
(b) To tell his son about him.
(c) To get his son a job at the newspaper someday.
(d) To get Ruby a place to live.
12. Snopes has a virulent hatred for ______________.
13. Snopes can be characterized as ____________________.
14. Belle asks Benbow for _________________.
(a) Belle's address.
15. What does Narcissa plan to tell Belle?
(a) Benbow will be home after the trial.
(b) Benbow is having an affair.
(c) Benbow has sold their house.
(d) Benbow is an alcoholic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the doctor at first refuse to come when Reba calls?
2. How long do Snopes and his traveling companion intend to stay at the location in #117?
3. Which of the following has Narcissa NOT managed to save during the story?
4. What is Graham's opinion of Benbow's chances in Goodwin's trial?
5. Who is Snopes' traveling companion?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)