|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Narcissa not allow Ruby to stay in her home?
(a) Ruby's baby is too loud.
(b) Ruby drinks too much.
(c) Ruby swears really loud.
(d) She has to worry about her reputation.
2. Reba complains about beer and men with ____________.
3. What is Eustace Graham's distinguishing physical characteristic?
(a) He is an albino.
(b) A club foot.
(c) A cauliflower ear.
(d) A harelip.
4. Who refuses to allow Temple to have any more alcohol?
5. What is Temple's physical condition?
(a) She is dead.
(b) She is merely bruised.
(c) She is bleeding profusely.
(d) She is unconscious.
6. What is Reba's profession?
7. Where is Popeye taking Temple?
(d) Hot Springs.
8. Temple had been sent to _____________ to stay with an aunt.
(b) New York.
9. Which of the following does NOT fill Temple's room?
(b) Beautiful clothes.
(d) Luxury items.
10. Snopes has a virulent hatred for ______________.
11. How many days do Snopes and his traveling companion stay at the location in #117 before they realize the nature of the place?
12. Popeye takes Temple to a bar that has _______________.
(b) cock fighting.
13. Benbow asks Temple about where ____________ is.
14. Narcissa thinks that Benbow is _______________ for defending Goodwin.
15. What is the verdict in Goodwin's trial?
(a) Hung jury.
(b) Reasonable doubt.
(d) Guilty of murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Benbow get but does not tell Narcissa about it?
2. Who is Eustace Graham?
3. Faulkner states that it has been a ______________ summer.
4. What is Goodwin's position on his case?
5. Benbow compares Temple to _______________.
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)