|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Graham's opinion of Benbow's chances in Goodwin's trial?
(a) He has no chance of winning.
(b) He has no opinion on the case.
(c) There is a flicker of hope for him.
(d) He will be shot down in the first hour.
2. With what object has Popeye raped Temple?
(c) Corn cob.
3. Who offers to sell information about Temple to Benbow?
4. What is the main piece of evidence in Goodwin's trial?
(a) A bullet.
(b) Bloody fingerprints.
(c) A bloody knife.
(d) A blood-stained towel.
5. Which of the following does NOT fill Temple's room?
(a) Luxury items.
(c) Beautiful clothes.
6. Who owns the business in #95?
(a) Sister Mary Catherine.
(b) Dr. Jerome Hunter.
(c) Lady Sally Ann.
(d) Miss Reba Rivers.
7. Why does Narcissa not allow Ruby to stay in her home?
(a) She has to worry about her reputation.
(b) Ruby swears really loud.
(c) Ruby drinks too much.
(d) Ruby's baby is too loud.
8. Why does Reba get angry at Popeye?
(a) He took back the ring he gave her.
(b) He called the cops on her.
(c) He is using Temple to turn tricks.
(d) He backed out of his promise to marry her.
9. What will probably happen to Goodwin?
(a) He will get life in prison.
(b) He will get 20 years in prison.
(c) He will hang.
(d) He will be found not guilty.
10. What does Goodwin make Benbow promise him?
(a) To tell his son about him.
(b) To get Ruby a place to live.
(c) To get his son a job at the newspaper someday.
(d) To put his son through college.
11. What is Benbow's interest in taking Goodwin's case?
12. Narcissa thinks that Benbow is _______________ for defending Goodwin.
13. What is Benbow's reaction to the verdict?
(a) He laughs out loud.
(b) He shakes and cries.
(c) He screams.
(d) He gets drunk.
14. What does Narcissa offer to pay for for Ruby?
(a) Clothes for the baby.
(b) A new car.
(c) A criminal attorney.
(d) A new dress.
15. What do the townspeople think of the fire that killed Goodwin?
(a) They are shocked.
(b) They celebrate it.
(c) They are mildly interested.
(d) They have no opinion on it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Temple's father?
2. What information does Benbow uncover about Temple?
3. Graham says that Goodwin's case should take no longer than _______________.
4. What does Reba learn about Popeye?
5. What do Benbow and Ruby argue about?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)