|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city is Popeye arrested?
(d) Little Rock.
2. How old is Temple when she takes the stand in Goodwin's trial?
3. What does Benbow do on the night after Ruby testifies.
(a) Coaches Ruby some more.
(b) Goes to bed early.
(c) Gets drunk.
(d) Gives an interview.
4. What are Temple and her father doing at the end of the novel?
(a) Having lunch at home.
(b) Walking through a garden.
(c) Driving to the beach.
(d) Sipping coffee in a cafe.
5. Graham says that Goodwin's case should take no longer than _______________.
(a) 2-3 weeks.
(b) 7 days.
(c) 7 hours.
(d) 2-3 days.
6. How many days do Snopes and his traveling companion stay at the location in #117 before they realize the nature of the place?
7. Who is Eustace Graham?
(a) District Attorney.
(b) Baptist minister.
(c) Newspaper editor.
(d) College professor.
8. Who offers to sell information about Temple to Benbow?
9. What is Temple's physical condition?
(a) She is dead.
(b) She is bleeding profusely.
(c) She is unconscious.
(d) She is merely bruised.
10. What is Temple's drink of choice?
(a) Red wine.
11. Benbow sees that Temple has been affected by _________________.
(a) All of these.
(b) The rape.
(c) Her surroundings.
12. In what state is Belle living now?
(a) South Carolina.
13. Who does Reba tell that she is furious with Popeye?
14. What is Graham's opinion of Benbow's chances in Goodwin's trial?
(a) He has no opinion on the case.
(b) He will be shot down in the first hour.
(c) There is a flicker of hope for him.
(d) He has no chance of winning.
15. What is Benbow's reaction to the verdict?
(a) He shakes and cries.
(b) He laughs out loud.
(c) He screams.
(d) He gets drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Snopes has a virulent hatred for ______________.
2. What realization does Temple finally come to?
3. What is the verdict in Goodwin's trial?
4. Popeye takes Temple to a bar that has _______________.
5. Why does Narcissa not allow Ruby to stay in her home?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)