|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes Temple out of the courtroom?
(a) Her father.
(c) Her sister.
2. Snopes can be characterized as ____________________.
3. Who does Reba tell that she is furious with Popeye?
4. How long does the jury deliberate in Goodwin's trial?
(a) 4 hours.
(b) 8 minutes.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 3 days.
5. What information does Benbow uncover about Temple?
(a) She is Homecoming Queen.
(b) She is a prostitute.
(c) She has run off to get married.
(d) She has dropped out of school.
6. Who is the doctor who services the whorehouse?
(a) Dr. Caldwell.
(b) Dr. Quinn.
(c) Dr. Mallory.
(d) Dr. Clark.
7. What increases Temple's physical pain?
(a) More rapes.
(b) Cigarette burns.
(c) A beating.
(d) Driving on a rutted road.
8. Popeye takes Temple to a bar that has _______________.
(d) cock fighting.
9. Benbow learns that Temple is in what city?
10. Who is Temple's father?
(a) Judge Drake.
(b) Dr. Miller.
(c) Rev. Caldwell.
(d) Colonel Morton.
11. What happens to Goodwin?
(a) A mob burns him alive.
(b) He is sentenced to hang.
(c) He is sent to a federal prison.
(d) He is free to go home.
12. With what object has Popeye raped Temple?
(a) Corn cob.
13. Where do Snopes and his traveling companion end up staying in Memphis?
(a) At a hotel.
(b) At Miss Reba's.
(c) At a bus station.
(d) At a boarding house.
14. What nickname does Snopes call Benbow?
15. Graham says that Goodwin's case should take no longer than _______________.
(a) 2-3 days.
(b) 7 hours.
(c) 2-3 weeks.
(d) 7 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Temple return to Reba's without Popeye?
2. Who refuses to allow Temple to have any more alcohol?
3. Where is Popeye taking Temple?
4. What is Temple's physical condition?
5. Who is shocked when he learns about Temple's situation?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)