|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the authorities do regarding Goodwin?
(a) They destroyed his still.
(b) They torched the house.
(c) They dug up his basement.
(d) They razed his barn.
2. Where does Temple's youngest brother attend college?
3. What is Benbow's profession?
4. What food does Belle like to eat?
5. Which of the men continues to paw at Temple?
6. Why does Temple get angry at Gowan?
(a) He forgot the picnic lunch.
(b) He is drunk again.
(c) He makes passes at her.
(d) He ruined her dress.
7. What does Temple do with her dress?
(a) Lays it out to avoid wrinkles.
(b) Washes it and hangs it to dry.
(c) Hangs it in the closet.
(d) Folds it and places it on the dresser.
8. Where does Benbow take Ruby and her child?
(a) To her sister's house.
(b) To a homeless shelter.
(c) To a hotel.
(d) To a church.
9. Where do Popeye and Benbow encounter each other?
(a) At a church.
(b) In a bar.
(c) At a stream.
(d) In a meadow.
10. Who is the most protective of Temple?
11. Which of the following does Stevens NOT suffer as a result of the big fight?
(a) Bloody all over.
(b) Eye swollen shut.
(c) Fat lip.
(d) Broken arm.
12. The local boys know where Gowan can find ____________.
13. How many brothers does Temple have?
14. What is the fate of the Negro prisoner?
(a) He will spend life in prison.
(b) He is to be hanged.
(c) He will be free in a week.
(d) He has six more months to serve.
15. What does Temple find in the house?
(a) A dog.
(b) An insane old man.
(c) A thief.
(d) The baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person in #31 advise Temple to do?
2. Where has Goodwin stashed his money?
3. Why does Ruby keep her small son in a box?
4. What has Stevens proven by his recent behavior?
5. What is Temple's father's profession?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)