|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Stevens proven by his recent behavior?
(a) He cannot drink like a gentleman.
(b) He has not been to college.
(c) He has epilepsy.
(d) He is an upper class snob.
2. What does the Negro prisoner talk about?
(a) The details of his crime.
(b) His son.
(c) Civil rights.
(d) His imminent death.
3. Which of the men wants the others to let Temple alone?
4. Where does Benbow live?
5. What does Benbow refuse to do with the house he and his sister own?
(a) Finish the basement.
(b) Sell it.
(c) Add a garage.
(d) Upgrade the kitchen.
6. What does Temple eventually realize about the men at the plantation?
(a) They are doing drugs.
(b) They plan to rape her.
(c) They are migrant workers.
(d) They are all over 60.
7. What does Benbow challenge Popeye to do?
(a) Name an unseen bird.
(b) Swim across the river.
(c) Run a marathon.
(d) Hold his breath for five minutes.
8. What is it about Benbow that makes Popeye curious?
(a) A book.
(b) His suitcase.
(c) His mustache.
(d) A pipe.
9. Where does Temple wake up?
(a) A cellar.
(b) A large bedroom.
(c) A crib of cotton hulls.
(d) A hay loft.
10. What town does Benbow need to reach by dark?
(a) Lake City.
11. What does the person in #31 tell Temple about Goodwin?
(a) He is a prince of a guy.
(b) He would never bed a slut.
(c) He cannot be trusted.
(d) He is a genius.
12. Who breaks up a fight between Popeye, Van and Stevens?
13. What does Temple encounter that terrifies her?
(a) A lynched man.
(b) A hatchet in the door.
(c) A rat.
(d) A cut phone cord.
14. How does Popeye introduce Benbow to the men at Old Frenchman Place?
15. In what state does the story in SANCTUARY begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the cook at Old Frenchman Place?
2. What is Temple's father's profession?
3. Why does Temple try to hide in the small room?
4. Who is the slow-witted man in the group?
5. What name does the person in #12 call Benbow?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)