|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Benbow's wife?
2. Who takes away Temple's raincoat?
3. Why did Benbow leave his wife?
(a) He just got tired of her.
(b) She refused to have children.
(c) She had an affair.
(d) She was wearing makeup against his wishes.
4. What is Benbow's profession?
5. What does Benbow think about Goodwin's behavior?
(a) He is protecting someone.
(b) He is probably guilty.
(c) He is guilty as sin.
(d) He is possibly guilty.
6. On what charge is the person in #77 taken into custody?
(a) Armed robbery.
(d) Public indecency.
7. About what topic do Benbow and his wife argue?
(a) She wants to change religion.
(b) She spends too much money.
(c) She fired the cook.
(d) She wants to care for the entire world.
8. What does Narcissa want Benbow to do?
(a) Take a cruise.
(b) Loan her money.
(c) Return to Belle.
(d) Leave her family alone.
9. Where does Temple's youngest brother attend college?
10. Where do the men put Stevens after the fight?
(a) The hay loft.
(b) The veranda.
(c) Temple's room.
(d) The kitchen.
11. The person in #31 is prejudiced against _________________.
(a) black people.
(b) Jewish people.
(c) retarded people.
(d) the upper class.
12. Why does Ruby keep her small son in a box?
(a) So he won't be attacked by rats.
(b) She always knows where he is.
(c) She can transport him easily.
(d) She can't afford a bed.
13. Who is the slow-witted man in the group?
14. Who does the sheriff take into custody?
15. In what month of the year does SANCTUARY begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who continues to watch out for Temple?
2. Where does the person in #21 attend college?
3. Goodwin is being treated as a murderer and __________________.
4. What did the authorities do regarding Goodwin?
5. What does the person in #31 call Temple?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)