|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Popeye and Benbow encounter each other?
(a) In a meadow.
(b) At a church.
(c) In a bar.
(d) At a stream.
2. What is publicly known about Goodwin and Ruby?
(a) They are convicted criminals.
(b) They are con artists.
(c) They have a common law marriage.
(d) They are brother and sister.
3. What advice does Ruby give to Temple?
(a) To stop drinking.
(b) To be nicer to old people.
(c) To finish her degree.
(d) To leave the plantation.
4. How long do Popeye and Benbow stare at each other?
(a) About a half hour.
(b) Until sundown.
(c) A couple of minutes.
(d) Two hours.
5. What does the person in #31 advise Temple to do?
(a) Leave the plantation before nightfall.
(b) Quit smoking.
(c) Get her Masters Degree.
(d) Straighten her hair.
6. Where does Temple end up in the plantation?
(a) In a cellar.
(b) In the woodshed.
(c) Alone in a single room.
(d) In a hay loft.
7. What does Temple encounter that terrifies her?
(a) A hatchet in the door.
(b) A rat.
(c) A lynched man.
(d) A cut phone cord.
8. What name does the person in #12 call Benbow?
9. Where does Benbow live?
10. The person in #31 is prejudiced against _________________.
(a) the upper class.
(b) black people.
(c) Jewish people.
(d) retarded people.
11. What did the authorities do regarding Goodwin?
(a) They torched the house.
(b) They razed his barn.
(c) They dug up his basement.
(d) They destroyed his still.
12. What does Temple eventually realize about the men at the plantation?
(a) They are migrant workers.
(b) They are doing drugs.
(c) They are all over 60.
(d) They plan to rape her.
13. What does Benbow challenge Popeye to do?
(a) Name an unseen bird.
(b) Swim across the river.
(c) Hold his breath for five minutes.
(d) Run a marathon.
14. Which of the men continues to paw at Temple?
15. According to Benbow, nature is _________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many brothers does Temple have?
2. Which of the men hits on Temple?
3. What does the person in #31 call Temple?
4. Where do the men put Stevens after the fight?
5. What does Narcissa want Benbow to do?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)