|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Benbow think about Goodwin's behavior?
(a) He is protecting someone.
(b) He is guilty as sin.
(c) He is probably guilty.
(d) He is possibly guilty.
2. Where does Benbow take Ruby and her child?
(a) To her sister's house.
(b) To a church.
(c) To a homeless shelter.
(d) To a hotel.
3. How long do Popeye and Benbow stare at each other?
(a) Until sundown.
(b) Two hours.
(c) About a half hour.
(d) A couple of minutes.
4. Which of the men hits on Temple?
5. Where does Benbow arrive in the afternoon?
(a) The plantation.
(b) Narcissa's house.
(c) The Baptist Church.
(d) The courthouse.
6. What does Ruby take with her when she goes to the stream to think?
(d) Fishing pole.
7. Where do Popeye and Benbow encounter each other?
(a) At a stream.
(b) In a bar.
(c) At a church.
(d) In a meadow.
8. Who do Popeye and Temple pass by without any sign of recognition?
9. Goodwin is being treated as a murderer and __________________.
(a) a thief.
(b) a renegade.
(c) a kidnapper.
(d) an adulterer.
10. Who continues to watch out for Temple?
11. Who finds Temple a safe place to sleep?
12. Gowan gets sick because the other boys make him drink a large quantity of ______________.
(a) hair oil.
(c) cod liver oil.
13. What is Stevens not willing to wait for?
(a) Clean clothes.
(b) A gun.
(c) A car.
14. What does the person in #31 call Temple?
(a) An angel come to earth.
(b) A putty-faced whore.
(c) A real piece of work.
(d) A live wire.
15. What advice does Ruby give to Temple?
(a) To leave the plantation.
(b) To stop drinking.
(c) To finish her degree.
(d) To be nicer to old people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person in #31 advise Temple to do?
2. What does Temple find in the house?
3. What food does Belle like to eat?
4. Which of the men wants the others to let Temple alone?
5. Other than Goodwin, who else knows the truth about the murder?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)