|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gowan gets sick because the other boys make him drink a large quantity of ______________.
(b) cod liver oil.
(c) hair oil.
2. What advice does Ruby give to Temple?
(a) To stop drinking.
(b) To leave the plantation.
(c) To finish her degree.
(d) To be nicer to old people.
3. What does Temple do to try to protect herself?
(a) Sleeps with the lights on.
(b) Double bolts the door.
(c) Wedges a chair underneath the door knob.
(d) Loads a pistol.
4. Where does the person in #21 attend college?
5. Who is the current beau of Benbow's sister?
(a) Martin Simpson.
(b) James Hall.
(c) Gowan Stevens.
(d) Charles Maslow.
6. Where has Goodwin stashed his money?
(a) Inside an old mattress.
(b) In moonshine jugs.
(c) Buried in the barn.
(d) Buried in the backyard.
7. Which of the men wants the others to let Temple alone?
8. Which of the men hits on Temple?
9. Overall, the person in #31 thinks that Temple is _______________.
10. What does Narcissa want Benbow to do?
(a) Leave her family alone.
(b) Return to Belle.
(c) Loan her money.
(d) Take a cruise.
11. With whom does Ruby have a confrontation in the house?
12. In what state does the story in SANCTUARY begin?
13. Why do Gowan and Temple get stranded at the plantation?
(a) They stop to ask for directions.
(b) They have a car accident.
(c) They have a flat tire.
(d) They run out of gas.
14. Which of the men continues to paw at Temple?
15. Why does Ruby keep her small son in a box?
(a) She can't afford a bed.
(b) So he won't be attacked by rats.
(c) She can transport him easily.
(d) She always knows where he is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Temple's youngest brother attend college?
2. What did the authorities do regarding Goodwin?
3. Who takes away Temple's raincoat?
4. What does Temple desperately need on this night?
5. What is the fate of the Negro prisoner?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)