|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person in #31 call Temple?
(a) A live wire.
(b) An angel come to earth.
(c) A putty-faced whore.
(d) A real piece of work.
2. Gowan gets sick because the other boys make him drink a large quantity of ______________.
(a) cod liver oil.
(c) hair oil.
3. Temple realizes that the plantation has no ___________________.
(a) wet bar.
4. The local boys know where Gowan can find ____________.
5. Where does Temple end up in the plantation?
(a) In a hay loft.
(b) Alone in a single room.
(c) In the woodshed.
(d) In a cellar.
6. What advice does Ruby give to Temple?
(a) To be nicer to old people.
(b) To finish her degree.
(c) To stop drinking.
(d) To leave the plantation.
7. Why did Benbow leave his wife?
(a) She had an affair.
(b) She was wearing makeup against his wishes.
(c) She refused to have children.
(d) He just got tired of her.
8. What does Temple encounter that terrifies her?
(a) A lynched man.
(b) A hatchet in the door.
(c) A rat.
(d) A cut phone cord.
9. Why do Gowan and Temple get stranded at the plantation?
(a) They stop to ask for directions.
(b) They have a car accident.
(c) They run out of gas.
(d) They have a flat tire.
10. Who is Benbow's wife?
11. What does Temple desperately need on this night?
(a) A phone.
12. What is Benbow's profession?
13. Who is Benbow's sister?
14. What does the Negro prisoner talk about?
(a) The details of his crime.
(b) Civil rights.
(c) His son.
(d) His imminent death.
15. Who is the current beau of Benbow's sister?
(a) Gowan Stevens.
(b) Charles Maslow.
(c) James Hall.
(d) Martin Simpson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the fate of the Negro prisoner?
2. Where does Temple's youngest brother attend college?
3. Why does Temple try to hide in the small room?
4. Which of the following does Stevens NOT suffer as a result of the big fight?
5. Where does Benbow live?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)