|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Temple get angry at Gowan?
(a) He ruined her dress.
(b) He is drunk again.
(c) He forgot the picnic lunch.
(d) He makes passes at her.
2. What is Old Frenchman Place?
(a) A still.
(b) A museum.
(c) A plantation.
(d) A restaurant.
3. Who finds Temple a safe place to sleep?
4. What is it about Benbow that makes Popeye curious?
(a) His mustache.
(b) His suitcase.
(c) A pipe.
(d) A book.
5. Where does Temple's youngest brother attend college?
6. Which of the men continues to paw at Temple?
7. What is Stevens not willing to wait for?
(a) A gun.
(b) Clean clothes.
(c) A car.
8. Who breaks up a fight between Popeye, Van and Stevens?
9. Where does Temple end up in the plantation?
(a) In the woodshed.
(b) Alone in a single room.
(c) In a cellar.
(d) In a hay loft.
10. What is the fate of the Negro prisoner?
(a) He is to be hanged.
(b) He will be free in a week.
(c) He has six more months to serve.
(d) He will spend life in prison.
11. Why does Ruby keep her small son in a box?
(a) She always knows where he is.
(b) She can't afford a bed.
(c) So he won't be attacked by rats.
(d) She can transport him easily.
12. What does Temple do to try to protect herself?
(a) Wedges a chair underneath the door knob.
(b) Sleeps with the lights on.
(c) Double bolts the door.
(d) Loads a pistol.
13. How long do Popeye and Benbow stare at each other?
(a) About a half hour.
(b) Until sundown.
(c) Two hours.
(d) A couple of minutes.
14. What food does Belle like to eat?
15. Where does Temple wake up?
(a) A cellar.
(b) A large bedroom.
(c) A hay loft.
(d) A crib of cotton hulls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Stevens proven by his recent behavior?
2. Which relative does Benbow's sister care for?
3. What does Temple find in the house?
4. What is publicly known about Goodwin and Ruby?
5. What seems to be new about Stevens' behavior?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)