|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food does Belle like to eat?
2. The local boys know where Gowan can find ____________.
3. What kind of songs does the Negro prisoner sing?
(b) Show tunes.
(c) Great Depression songs.
(d) Pop songs.
4. Where do Popeye and Benbow encounter each other?
(a) In a bar.
(b) At a church.
(c) In a meadow.
(d) At a stream.
5. Who is Benbow's sister?
6. Who takes away Temple's raincoat?
7. Why does Ruby keep her small son in a box?
(a) She can transport him easily.
(b) So he won't be attacked by rats.
(c) She can't afford a bed.
(d) She always knows where he is.
8. How many brothers does Temple have?
9. On what charge is the person in #77 taken into custody?
(b) Public indecency.
(c) Armed robbery.
10. Which of the following does Stevens NOT suffer as a result of the big fight?
(a) Broken arm.
(b) Bloody all over.
(c) Eye swollen shut.
(d) Fat lip.
11. Goodwin tells Ruby to call __________________.
(a) the hospital.
(b) the grocer.
(c) the sheriff's office.
(d) the neighbor.
12. What does Temple do to try to protect herself?
(a) Sleeps with the lights on.
(b) Loads a pistol.
(c) Wedges a chair underneath the door knob.
(d) Double bolts the door.
13. What does Temple eventually realize about the men at the plantation?
(a) They are doing drugs.
(b) They are all over 60.
(c) They are migrant workers.
(d) They plan to rape her.
14. Where does Temple's youngest brother attend college?
15. Why does Temple get angry at Gowan?
(a) He forgot the picnic lunch.
(b) He is drunk again.
(c) He makes passes at her.
(d) He ruined her dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Temple spend time with at the plantation?
2. Who finds Temple a safe place to sleep?
3. Who is the current beau of Benbow's sister?
4. What town does Benbow need to reach by dark?
5. Why did Benbow leave his wife?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)