|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Popeye and Temple pass by without any sign of recognition?
2. How does Stevens plan on getting to town?
3. Who takes away Temple's raincoat?
4. What did the authorities do regarding Goodwin?
(a) They dug up his basement.
(b) They torched the house.
(c) They destroyed his still.
(d) They razed his barn.
5. How many brothers does Temple have?
6. What will Benbow receive for defending Goodwin?
(b) He is doing it pro bono.
7. Why do Gowan and Temple get stranded at the plantation?
(a) They have a flat tire.
(b) They stop to ask for directions.
(c) They run out of gas.
(d) They have a car accident.
8. What seems to be new about Stevens' behavior?
9. What does Narcissa want Benbow to do?
(a) Return to Belle.
(b) Take a cruise.
(c) Leave her family alone.
(d) Loan her money.
10. Which of the men wants the others to let Temple alone?
11. Goodwin is being treated as a murderer and __________________.
(a) a renegade.
(b) a kidnapper.
(c) an adulterer.
(d) a thief.
12. What does the person in #31 tell Temple about Goodwin?
(a) He is a genius.
(b) He would never bed a slut.
(c) He cannot be trusted.
(d) He is a prince of a guy.
13. What is Benbow's profession?
14. What does Temple find in the house?
(a) A thief.
(b) The baby.
(c) An insane old man.
(d) A dog.
15. Temple realizes that the plantation has no ___________________.
(b) wet bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who continues to watch out for Temple?
2. What is it about Benbow that makes Popeye curious?
3. What is Old Frenchman Place?
4. Why did Benbow leave his wife?
5. How long do Popeye and Benbow stare at each other?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)