Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who breaks up a fight between Popeye, Van and Stevens?
2. Who is the most protective of Temple?
3. Who is Benbow's sister?
4. Who is Benbow's wife?
5. Who do Popeye and Temple pass by without any sign of recognition?
6. What does Temple desperately need on this night?
(c) A phone.
7. What frustrates Benbow about Goodwin?
(a) He tells his cell mate too much.
(b) He refuses to talk.
(c) He won't see him.
(d) He antagonizes the guards.
8. What does Temple do to try to protect herself?
(a) Loads a pistol.
(b) Double bolts the door.
(c) Sleeps with the lights on.
(d) Wedges a chair underneath the door knob.
9. Goodwin is being treated as a murderer and __________________.
(a) a thief.
(b) a kidnapper.
(c) an adulterer.
(d) a renegade.
10. Where does Temple end up in the plantation?
(a) Alone in a single room.
(b) In a hay loft.
(c) In the woodshed.
(d) In a cellar.
11. What is Old Frenchman Place?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A plantation.
(c) A still.
(d) A museum.
12. What does Temple eventually realize about the men at the plantation?
(a) They are doing drugs.
(b) They are all over 60.
(c) They are migrant workers.
(d) They plan to rape her.
13. What does Benbow challenge Popeye to do?
(a) Name an unseen bird.
(b) Run a marathon.
(c) Swim across the river.
(d) Hold his breath for five minutes.
14. Other than Goodwin, who else knows the truth about the murder?
15. Where do Popeye and Benbow encounter each other?
(a) At a stream.
(b) In a meadow.
(c) At a church.
(d) In a bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is publicly known about Goodwin and Ruby?
2. Where does the person in #21 attend college?
3. What does Temple find in the house?
4. On what charge is the person in #77 taken into custody?
5. How many brothers does Temple have?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)