|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision does Benbow make that displeases Narcissa?
(a) To abandon his practice.
(b) To move into the family home.
(c) To date a younger woman.
(d) To become a preacher.
2. What is the Coop?
(a) A moonshine still.
(b) A bar.
(c) A girls' dorm.
(d) A cafe.
3. What is publicly known about Goodwin and Ruby?
(a) They are convicted criminals.
(b) They are con artists.
(c) They have a common law marriage.
(d) They are brother and sister.
4. What does Ruby take with her when she goes to the stream to think?
(b) Fishing pole.
5. What does the person in #31 tell Temple about Goodwin?
(a) He would never bed a slut.
(b) He is a genius.
(c) He is a prince of a guy.
(d) He cannot be trusted.
6. Why do Gowan and Temple get stranded at the plantation?
(a) They run out of gas.
(b) They have a flat tire.
(c) They have a car accident.
(d) They stop to ask for directions.
7. Why does Temple get angry at Gowan?
(a) He ruined her dress.
(b) He is drunk again.
(c) He forgot the picnic lunch.
(d) He makes passes at her.
8. What does Benbow refuse to do with the house he and his sister own?
(a) Upgrade the kitchen.
(b) Finish the basement.
(c) Add a garage.
(d) Sell it.
9. What does Benbow think about Goodwin's behavior?
(a) He is guilty as sin.
(b) He is possibly guilty.
(c) He is probably guilty.
(d) He is protecting someone.
10. How long do Popeye and Benbow stare at each other?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Until sundown.
(c) About a half hour.
(d) A couple of minutes.
11. Temple realizes that the plantation has no ___________________.
(d) wet bar.
12. In what month of the year does SANCTUARY begin?
13. Why does Temple try to hide in the small room?
(a) She can hear the dogs coming after her.
(b) The men keep walking in and out all night.
(c) She is afraid of the dark.
(d) She doesn't want to be seen in the moonlight.
14. Which of the following does Stevens NOT suffer as a result of the big fight?
(a) Bloody all over.
(b) Fat lip.
(c) Broken arm.
(d) Eye swollen shut.
15. Where does Temple's youngest brother attend college?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what charge is the person in #77 taken into custody?
2. What did the authorities do regarding Goodwin?
3. What frustrates Benbow about Goodwin?
4. Why is Ruby to call the person in #71?
5. What does Temple desperately need on this night?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)