|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Goodwin stashed his money?
(a) Inside an old mattress.
(b) Buried in the barn.
(c) Buried in the backyard.
(d) In moonshine jugs.
2. What town does Benbow need to reach by dark?
(d) Lake City.
3. Why is Ruby to call the person in #71?
(a) To report the discovery of a dead man.
(b) To invite him to a party.
(c) To order more milk.
(d) To check on an injured worker.
4. Where does Benbow arrive in the afternoon?
(a) The plantation.
(b) The courthouse.
(c) Narcissa's house.
(d) The Baptist Church.
5. What is it about Benbow that makes Popeye curious?
(a) His mustache.
(b) His suitcase.
(c) A book.
(d) A pipe.
6. Who do Popeye and Temple pass by without any sign of recognition?
7. What does Temple eventually realize about the men at the plantation?
(a) They are all over 60.
(b) They are migrant workers.
(c) They are doing drugs.
(d) They plan to rape her.
8. What does Temple do with her dress?
(a) Hangs it in the closet.
(b) Lays it out to avoid wrinkles.
(c) Washes it and hangs it to dry.
(d) Folds it and places it on the dresser.
9. According to Benbow, nature is _________________.
10. Where does Benbow take Ruby and her child?
(a) To a hotel.
(b) To a homeless shelter.
(c) To her sister's house.
(d) To a church.
11. Goodwin tells Ruby to call __________________.
(a) the sheriff's office.
(b) the grocer.
(c) the neighbor.
(d) the hospital.
12. Why does Temple get angry at Gowan?
(a) He is drunk again.
(b) He ruined her dress.
(c) He makes passes at her.
(d) He forgot the picnic lunch.
13. Where does Temple's youngest brother attend college?
14. With whom does Ruby have a confrontation in the house?
15. Where do the men put Stevens after the fight?
(a) The hay loft.
(b) The veranda.
(c) Temple's room.
(d) The kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Gowan and Temple get stranded at the plantation?
2. Who finds Temple a safe place to sleep?
3. Which of the men wants the others to let Temple alone?
4. About what topic do Benbow and his wife argue?
5. What does Temple desperately need on this night?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)