|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person in #31 call Temple?
(a) A real piece of work.
(b) A live wire.
(c) A putty-faced whore.
(d) An angel come to earth.
2. Why does Ruby keep her small son in a box?
(a) She always knows where he is.
(b) So he won't be attacked by rats.
(c) She can transport him easily.
(d) She can't afford a bed.
3. Who do Popeye and Temple pass by without any sign of recognition?
4. Who takes away Temple's raincoat?
5. Where do the men put Stevens after the fight?
(a) The hay loft.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The veranda.
(d) Temple's room.
6. Who continues to watch out for Temple?
7. What will Benbow receive for defending Goodwin?
(a) He is doing it pro bono.
8. What is Temple's father's profession?
(a) Newspaper editor.
9. In what month of the year does SANCTUARY begin?
10. Gowan gets sick because the other boys make him drink a large quantity of ______________.
(a) cod liver oil.
(d) hair oil.
11. What is publicly known about Goodwin and Ruby?
(a) They have a common law marriage.
(b) They are con artists.
(c) They are brother and sister.
(d) They are convicted criminals.
12. Which of the men continues to paw at Temple?
13. What does Benbow challenge Popeye to do?
(a) Run a marathon.
(b) Name an unseen bird.
(c) Hold his breath for five minutes.
(d) Swim across the river.
14. What is the fate of the Negro prisoner?
(a) He is to be hanged.
(b) He has six more months to serve.
(c) He will be free in a week.
(d) He will spend life in prison.
15. Which of the following does Stevens NOT suffer as a result of the big fight?
(a) Broken arm.
(b) Bloody all over.
(c) Fat lip.
(d) Eye swollen shut.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Temple try to hide in the small room?
2. Who is the most protective of Temple?
3. What frustrates Benbow about Goodwin?
4. How many brothers does Temple have?
5. Where do Popeye and Benbow encounter each other?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)