|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Temple find in the house?
(a) A thief.
(b) The baby.
(c) A dog.
(d) An insane old man.
2. How many brothers does Temple have?
3. What is Stevens not willing to wait for?
(b) A gun.
(c) Clean clothes.
(d) A car.
4. Who is the slow-witted man in the group?
5. What is Benbow's profession?
6. What is Temple's father's profession?
(c) Newspaper editor.
7. Who continues to watch out for Temple?
8. What town does Benbow need to reach by dark?
(c) Lake City.
9. Where does Benbow take Ruby and her child?
(a) To her sister's house.
(b) To a homeless shelter.
(c) To a church.
(d) To a hotel.
10. What kind of songs does the Negro prisoner sing?
(a) Great Depression songs.
(b) Show tunes.
(c) Pop songs.
11. About what topic do Benbow and his wife argue?
(a) She fired the cook.
(b) She wants to change religion.
(c) She wants to care for the entire world.
(d) She spends too much money.
12. Why do Gowan and Temple get stranded at the plantation?
(a) They have a flat tire.
(b) They run out of gas.
(c) They stop to ask for directions.
(d) They have a car accident.
13. What is the fate of the Negro prisoner?
(a) He will be free in a week.
(b) He has six more months to serve.
(c) He will spend life in prison.
(d) He is to be hanged.
14. What will Benbow receive for defending Goodwin?
(d) He is doing it pro bono.
15. Which of the following does Stevens NOT suffer as a result of the big fight?
(a) Broken arm.
(b) Fat lip.
(c) Bloody all over.
(d) Eye swollen shut.
Short Answer Questions
1. What food does Belle like to eat?
2. What is it about Benbow that makes Popeye curious?
3. Where does Temple attend college?
4. Which of the men wants the others to let Temple alone?
5. Who is the cook at Old Frenchman Place?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)