|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ruby to call the person in #71?
(a) To report the discovery of a dead man.
(b) To order more milk.
(c) To invite him to a party.
(d) To check on an injured worker.
2. Why do Gowan and Temple get stranded at the plantation?
(a) They have a flat tire.
(b) They have a car accident.
(c) They stop to ask for directions.
(d) They run out of gas.
3. What does Temple find in the house?
(a) A thief.
(b) The baby.
(c) An insane old man.
(d) A dog.
4. How does Stevens plan on getting to town?
5. Where does Benbow arrive in the afternoon?
(a) The Baptist Church.
(b) Narcissa's house.
(c) The courthouse.
(d) The plantation.
6. What frustrates Benbow about Goodwin?
(a) He won't see him.
(b) He tells his cell mate too much.
(c) He refuses to talk.
(d) He antagonizes the guards.
7. What does the Negro prisoner talk about?
(a) Civil rights.
(b) His son.
(c) The details of his crime.
(d) His imminent death.
8. The person in #31 is prejudiced against _________________.
(a) Jewish people.
(b) retarded people.
(c) black people.
(d) the upper class.
9. Who finds Temple a safe place to sleep?
10. What will Benbow receive for defending Goodwin?
(d) He is doing it pro bono.
11. Where does Temple end up in the plantation?
(a) In the woodshed.
(b) In a cellar.
(c) In a hay loft.
(d) Alone in a single room.
12. Goodwin tells Ruby to call __________________.
(a) the neighbor.
(b) the grocer.
(c) the hospital.
(d) the sheriff's office.
13. In what state does the story in SANCTUARY begin?
14. Who is the current beau of Benbow's sister?
(a) James Hall.
(b) Charles Maslow.
(c) Martin Simpson.
(d) Gowan Stevens.
15. Why did Benbow leave his wife?
(a) She was wearing makeup against his wishes.
(b) She had an affair.
(c) She refused to have children.
(d) He just got tired of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Benbow refuse to do with the house he and his sister own?
2. Who do Popeye and Temple pass by without any sign of recognition?
3. Who is the cook at Old Frenchman Place?
4. Who does Temple spend time with at the plantation?
5. What did the authorities do regarding Goodwin?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)