|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person in #31 advise Temple to do?
(a) Straighten her hair.
(b) Get her Masters Degree.
(c) Quit smoking.
(d) Leave the plantation before nightfall.
2. Where does Benbow arrive in the afternoon?
(a) The Baptist Church.
(b) The plantation.
(c) The courthouse.
(d) Narcissa's house.
3. What does the Negro prisoner talk about?
(a) His son.
(b) Civil rights.
(c) His imminent death.
(d) The details of his crime.
4. Where does Temple attend college?
5. What advice does Ruby give to Temple?
(a) To leave the plantation.
(b) To be nicer to old people.
(c) To finish her degree.
(d) To stop drinking.
6. What seems to be new about Stevens' behavior?
7. In what month of the year does SANCTUARY begin?
8. The person in #31 is prejudiced against _________________.
(a) black people.
(b) the upper class.
(c) Jewish people.
(d) retarded people.
9. What does the person in #31 call Temple?
(a) An angel come to earth.
(b) A real piece of work.
(c) A live wire.
(d) A putty-faced whore.
10. Why do Gowan and Temple get stranded at the plantation?
(a) They have a flat tire.
(b) They have a car accident.
(c) They run out of gas.
(d) They stop to ask for directions.
11. Who does the sheriff take into custody?
12. Who breaks up a fight between Popeye, Van and Stevens?
13. Which relative does Benbow's sister care for?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Uncle Martin.
(c) Miss Jenny.
(d) Big Sam.
14. Which of the men wants the others to let Temple alone?
15. What kind of songs does the Negro prisoner sing?
(a) Great Depression songs.
(b) Show tunes.
(c) Pop songs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person in #31 tell Temple about Goodwin?
2. Where do the men put Stevens after the fight?
3. What frustrates Benbow about Goodwin?
4. Who do Popeye and Temple pass by without any sign of recognition?
5. Where does Temple end up in the plantation?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)