|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Temple find in the house?
(a) The baby.
(b) An insane old man.
(c) A dog.
(d) A thief.
2. Who is the cook at Old Frenchman Place?
(a) Sadie Lawton.
(b) Jane Davidson.
(c) Janelle Thibideaux.
(d) Ruby Lamar.
3. Where does Temple wake up?
(a) A cellar.
(b) A hay loft.
(c) A crib of cotton hulls.
(d) A large bedroom.
4. Who is the most protective of Temple?
5. Who does the sheriff take into custody?
6. Other than Goodwin, who else knows the truth about the murder?
7. What is Stevens not willing to wait for?
(a) A car.
(b) A gun.
(c) Clean clothes.
8. What clothing does Temple put on in the room?
(a) Jeans and T-shirt.
(b) Cocktail dress.
(c) Some overalls.
(d) Two coats.
9. What does Temple desperately need on this night?
(d) A phone.
10. What does Temple encounter that terrifies her?
(a) A lynched man.
(b) A hatchet in the door.
(c) A cut phone cord.
(d) A rat.
11. What does Temple eventually realize about the men at the plantation?
(a) They are all over 60.
(b) They are doing drugs.
(c) They plan to rape her.
(d) They are migrant workers.
12. What frustrates Benbow about Goodwin?
(a) He tells his cell mate too much.
(b) He won't see him.
(c) He antagonizes the guards.
(d) He refuses to talk.
13. Who do Popeye and Temple pass by without any sign of recognition?
14. In what state does the story in SANCTUARY begin?
15. What does the Negro prisoner talk about?
(a) His imminent death.
(b) His son.
(c) Civil rights.
(d) The details of his crime.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Benbow receive for defending Goodwin?
2. Why does Ruby keep her small son in a box?
3. Where does the person in #21 attend college?
4. What does the person in #31 advise Temple to do?
5. What is Old Frenchman Place?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)