|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Benbow challenge Popeye to do?
(a) Run a marathon.
(b) Name an unseen bird.
(c) Hold his breath for five minutes.
(d) Swim across the river.
2. Where does Temple wake up?
(a) A hay loft.
(b) A crib of cotton hulls.
(c) A cellar.
(d) A large bedroom.
3. What clothing does Temple put on in the room?
(a) Jeans and T-shirt.
(b) Some overalls.
(c) Cocktail dress.
(d) Two coats.
4. Which of the following does Stevens NOT suffer as a result of the big fight?
(a) Eye swollen shut.
(b) Broken arm.
(c) Fat lip.
(d) Bloody all over.
5. Where does Benbow arrive in the afternoon?
(a) The plantation.
(b) The Baptist Church.
(c) The courthouse.
(d) Narcissa's house.
6. What does Benbow think about Goodwin's behavior?
(a) He is guilty as sin.
(b) He is probably guilty.
(c) He is possibly guilty.
(d) He is protecting someone.
7. On what charge is the person in #77 taken into custody?
(c) Armed robbery.
(d) Public indecency.
8. Where does Temple end up in the plantation?
(a) In the woodshed.
(b) In a cellar.
(c) Alone in a single room.
(d) In a hay loft.
9. Where does Temple's youngest brother attend college?
10. What frustrates Benbow about Goodwin?
(a) He refuses to talk.
(b) He tells his cell mate too much.
(c) He won't see him.
(d) He antagonizes the guards.
11. The person in #31 is prejudiced against _________________.
(a) the upper class.
(b) retarded people.
(c) Jewish people.
(d) black people.
12. Who does Temple spend time with at the plantation?
13. Why did Benbow leave his wife?
(a) She refused to have children.
(b) He just got tired of her.
(c) She was wearing makeup against his wishes.
(d) She had an affair.
14. Which relative does Benbow's sister care for?
(a) Miss Jenny.
(b) Big Sam.
(c) Uncle Martin.
(d) Her mother.
15. What has Stevens proven by his recent behavior?
(a) He has not been to college.
(b) He has epilepsy.
(c) He is an upper class snob.
(d) He cannot drink like a gentleman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Ruby give to Temple?
2. Why do Gowan and Temple get stranded at the plantation?
3. Which of the men wants the others to let Temple alone?
4. Who takes away Temple's raincoat?
5. What is the fate of the Negro prisoner?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)