|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the most protective of Temple?
2. What frustrates Benbow about Goodwin?
(a) He refuses to talk.
(b) He tells his cell mate too much.
(c) He antagonizes the guards.
(d) He won't see him.
3. Which of the men wants the others to let Temple alone?
4. Who breaks up a fight between Popeye, Van and Stevens?
5. What name does the person in #12 call Benbow?
6. Where does Temple's youngest brother attend college?
7. What decision does Benbow make that displeases Narcissa?
(a) To move into the family home.
(b) To abandon his practice.
(c) To become a preacher.
(d) To date a younger woman.
8. What does Temple encounter that terrifies her?
(a) A hatchet in the door.
(b) A lynched man.
(c) A rat.
(d) A cut phone cord.
9. What is publicly known about Goodwin and Ruby?
(a) They are con artists.
(b) They are convicted criminals.
(c) They have a common law marriage.
(d) They are brother and sister.
10. Where do Popeye and Benbow encounter each other?
(a) At a church.
(b) At a stream.
(c) In a meadow.
(d) In a bar.
11. Which relative does Benbow's sister care for?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Uncle Martin.
(c) Miss Jenny.
(d) Big Sam.
12. Where does Temple end up in the plantation?
(a) Alone in a single room.
(b) In a cellar.
(c) In the woodshed.
(d) In a hay loft.
13. Where does Temple wake up?
(a) A large bedroom.
(b) A hay loft.
(c) A crib of cotton hulls.
(d) A cellar.
14. What does the person in #31 call Temple?
(a) An angel come to earth.
(b) A putty-faced whore.
(c) A real piece of work.
(d) A live wire.
15. What does Ruby take with her when she goes to the stream to think?
(c) Fishing pole.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month of the year does SANCTUARY begin?
2. What reason does Popeye give the cook for firing him?
3. Who does Temple spend time with at the plantation?
4. Who is the cook at Old Frenchman Place?
5. Which of the men hits on Temple?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)