|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Negro prisoner talk about?
(a) His son.
(b) His imminent death.
(c) The details of his crime.
(d) Civil rights.
2. Who is Benbow's wife?
3. What decision does Benbow make that displeases Narcissa?
(a) To become a preacher.
(b) To move into the family home.
(c) To date a younger woman.
(d) To abandon his practice.
4. In what month of the year does SANCTUARY begin?
5. What did the authorities do regarding Goodwin?
(a) They torched the house.
(b) They razed his barn.
(c) They destroyed his still.
(d) They dug up his basement.
6. Where does the person in #21 attend college?
7. Who do Popeye and Temple pass by without any sign of recognition?
8. Who is the current beau of Benbow's sister?
(a) Charles Maslow.
(b) James Hall.
(c) Gowan Stevens.
(d) Martin Simpson.
9. Gowan gets sick because the other boys make him drink a large quantity of ______________.
(b) hair oil.
(c) cod liver oil.
10. What does the person in #31 call Temple?
(a) An angel come to earth.
(b) A live wire.
(c) A putty-faced whore.
(d) A real piece of work.
11. Why did Benbow leave his wife?
(a) She refused to have children.
(b) He just got tired of her.
(c) She was wearing makeup against his wishes.
(d) She had an affair.
12. With whom does Ruby have a confrontation in the house?
13. Who continues to watch out for Temple?
14. Where does Temple wake up?
(a) A large bedroom.
(b) A hay loft.
(c) A cellar.
(d) A crib of cotton hulls.
15. What is Old Frenchman Place?
(a) A plantation.
(b) A museum.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A still.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the most protective of Temple?
2. Where does Temple attend college?
3. About what topic do Benbow and his wife argue?
4. Who does Temple spend time with at the plantation?
5. Where does Benbow live?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)