Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Temple eventually realize about the men at the plantation?
(a) They are migrant workers.
(b) They are doing drugs.
(c) They plan to rape her.
(d) They are all over 60.
2. About what topic do Benbow and his wife argue?
(a) She wants to care for the entire world.
(b) She wants to change religion.
(c) She spends too much money.
(d) She fired the cook.
3. Who is the current beau of Benbow's sister?
(a) Martin Simpson.
(b) James Hall.
(c) Gowan Stevens.
(d) Charles Maslow.
4. What has Stevens proven by his recent behavior?
(a) He is an upper class snob.
(b) He has epilepsy.
(c) He has not been to college.
(d) He cannot drink like a gentleman.
5. Who is Benbow's wife?
6. Where does Temple wake up?
(a) A hay loft.
(b) A large bedroom.
(c) A crib of cotton hulls.
(d) A cellar.
7. What does Benbow refuse to do with the house he and his sister own?
(a) Add a garage.
(b) Finish the basement.
(c) Sell it.
(d) Upgrade the kitchen.
8. Who is the most protective of Temple?
9. What food does Belle like to eat?
10. What is it about Benbow that makes Popeye curious?
(a) A book.
(b) His suitcase.
(c) A pipe.
(d) His mustache.
11. Why does Ruby keep her small son in a box?
(a) She always knows where he is.
(b) She can transport him easily.
(c) She can't afford a bed.
(d) So he won't be attacked by rats.
12. What is publicly known about Goodwin and Ruby?
(a) They are brother and sister.
(b) They are convicted criminals.
(c) They are con artists.
(d) They have a common law marriage.
13. Who do Popeye and Temple pass by without any sign of recognition?
14. What is the Coop?
(a) A girls' dorm.
(b) A cafe.
(c) A moonshine still.
(d) A bar.
15. Who continues to watch out for Temple?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the authorities do regarding Goodwin?
2. What will Benbow receive for defending Goodwin?
3. What does Temple do with her dress?
4. Where does Temple attend college?
5. What does Narcissa want Benbow to do?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)