|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Goodwin stashed his money?
(a) Inside an old mattress.
(b) Buried in the backyard.
(c) Buried in the barn.
(d) In moonshine jugs.
2. What frustrates Benbow about Goodwin?
(a) He refuses to talk.
(b) He antagonizes the guards.
(c) He won't see him.
(d) He tells his cell mate too much.
3. Where does Benbow arrive in the afternoon?
(a) Narcissa's house.
(b) The Baptist Church.
(c) The courthouse.
(d) The plantation.
4. Goodwin is being treated as a murderer and __________________.
(a) a renegade.
(b) a thief.
(c) a kidnapper.
(d) an adulterer.
5. What is Benbow's profession?
6. What town does Benbow need to reach by dark?
(c) Lake City.
7. Why do Gowan and Temple get stranded at the plantation?
(a) They have a car accident.
(b) They run out of gas.
(c) They stop to ask for directions.
(d) They have a flat tire.
8. Where do Popeye and Benbow encounter each other?
(a) At a stream.
(b) At a church.
(c) In a bar.
(d) In a meadow.
9. Where does Temple's youngest brother attend college?
10. Who is Benbow's sister?
11. In what month of the year does SANCTUARY begin?
12. What name does the person in #12 call Benbow?
13. How long do Popeye and Benbow stare at each other?
(a) Until sundown.
(b) About a half hour.
(c) Two hours.
(d) A couple of minutes.
14. Who is the cook at Old Frenchman Place?
(a) Sadie Lawton.
(b) Jane Davidson.
(c) Janelle Thibideaux.
(d) Ruby Lamar.
15. Why is Ruby to call the person in #71?
(a) To check on an injured worker.
(b) To invite him to a party.
(c) To order more milk.
(d) To report the discovery of a dead man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Benbow leave his wife?
2. Which of the following does Stevens NOT suffer as a result of the big fight?
3. Who breaks up a fight between Popeye, Van and Stevens?
4. In what state does the story in SANCTUARY begin?
5. What does Ruby take with her when she goes to the stream to think?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)