|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 26-31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Gowan and Temple get stranded at the plantation?
(a) They have a flat tire.
(b) They have a car accident.
(c) They stop to ask for directions.
(d) They run out of gas.
2. How old is Temple when she takes the stand in Goodwin's trial?
3. What does Temple do with her dress?
(a) Washes it and hangs it to dry.
(b) Folds it and places it on the dresser.
(c) Lays it out to avoid wrinkles.
(d) Hangs it in the closet.
4. What is publicly known about Goodwin and Ruby?
(a) They are convicted criminals.
(b) They are brother and sister.
(c) They are con artists.
(d) They have a common law marriage.
5. Why does Ruby want to walk down the street to the hotel by herself?
(a) So she can pick up a guy.
(b) So she won't tarnish Benbow's reputation.
(c) So she can stop in a bar.
(d) So she can do some window shopping.
Short Answer Questions
1. Benbow asks Temple about where ____________ is.
2. Which relative does Benbow's sister care for?
3. What is the verdict in Goodwin's trial?
4. Narcissa thinks that Benbow is _______________ for defending Goodwin.
5. What does Goodwin make Benbow promise him?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)