|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Popeye introduce Benbow to the men at Old Frenchman Place?
2. What advice does Ruby give to Temple?
(a) To stop drinking.
(b) To leave the plantation.
(c) To finish her degree.
(d) To be nicer to old people.
3. Why does Ruby keep her small son in a box?
(a) She always knows where he is.
(b) She can transport him easily.
(c) So he won't be attacked by rats.
(d) She can't afford a bed.
4. Where do the men put Stevens after the fight?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The hay loft.
(c) Temple's room.
(d) The veranda.
5. What does the Negro prisoner talk about?
(a) Civil rights.
(b) His imminent death.
(c) The details of his crime.
(d) His son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of songs does the Negro prisoner sing?
2. Who is the current beau of Benbow's sister?
3. What does Temple do to try to protect herself?
4. What is Old Frenchman Place?
5. The person in #31 is prejudiced against _________________.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)